Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: So far this arc...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • is getting bored.

0 0%
  • even if it just started I absolutely love it.

34 73.91%
  • is as good as Hunter Exam.

4 8.70%
  • it's not as good as the others.

0 0%
  • I like it more than the previous one.

8 17.39%
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 320 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 320 Discussion / 321 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by hergipotter View Post
    Don't know if someone might already have posted this but it's not clear that pariston will win the election. If no one gets more than 50% of the votes there will be a new voting round, this time with only 16 candidates. And after that the number of canidates is halfed everytime no one got more than 50%. So I think it will come down to a one on one election. Pariston only got 37.5% in the first round and i guess not many that voted for someone else in the first round will vote for pariston in the following rounds, so chances are good, that NOT Pariston will be next chairman and i think thats all ging is after.
    If it was possible to rally behind one guy against Pariston they'd have done it already. Even if you put all the votes for the Zodiacs together they're still well below Pariston's votes let alone a majority. The nearest candidate compared to Pariston has 200 votes less. Where does that amount of vote come from?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

When the number of candidates decreases the hunters have to vote for someone left in the list and as i said i don't think they will vote for pariston if they didn't already do it in the first round. But because of the 95% voters rule, they have to vote for someone so in the end it comes down to the one hunter besides pariston that will make it to the 1on1 round, whoever that may be.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When the number of candidates decreases the hunters have to vote for someone left in the list and as i said i don't think they will vote for pariston if they didn't already do it in the first round. But because of the 95% voters rule, they have to vote for someone so in the end it comes down to the one hunter besides pariston that will make it to the 1on1 round, whoever that may be.
    They can just vote for nobody, misspell someone's name, or a nonexistent person. If someone didn't vote for any of the 16 candidates in the first round, why would they be any more likely to for one of them in the next? Say Gin didn't make it past the round of 8 (his placement is below 8th right now). Who should the 7 guys who voted him in the first round vote for? They probably won't vote for Pariston, but why anyone else? And if they vote for any particular person, that means it was possible to rally around that person in the first place, and then the problem wouldn't have been so complicated to start with. For example, if everyone rallied around Chidol (#2) and that worked, then Chidol should not have been afraid of an election against Pariston to begin with, but she clearly was worried.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

@goral...
    uve given points why razor is seemingly not that dangerous, but honestly i havent seen anything from hisoka that would suggest hes that big a threat against razor.. no one has seen them both go all out, but so far id say razor showed me more, despite the fact weve knowm hisoka longer. phinx and the ryodans might agree with me on this one, id say. razor in deflecting gons powered up hit showed a lot of skill not just raw power, and raw destructive power rAzor has that too. anyways thats off topic. ans its ur opinion.

i wish it wasnt sais that killua is one of the most gifted in the zoldicks family history, now i find it hard to expect too much from illumi and allucka? so it was quite a surprise reAlly that hisoka ranked him that much. although im sure alluckas gonna be badass. illumi strikes me as someone who values family traditon and methodical so im curiois what allucka did to recieve that judgement. killua had hury family and ran away, and was forgiven so whats worse than that?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It takes a whle in HXH to hit your prime. This isn't like most manga where people are in their prime at 12 years old. Kuroro is in his 20s, and Hisoka looks about the same. Gin is in his 30s, and Razor looks roughly the same range too. It's perfectly fine that Killua is the most talented of his generation but not as strong as someone who has more time to develop, since he's really young at this point.

For Razor versus Hisoka, the dodgeball game is a test of physical strength + Reinforcement. All they're doing is throwing the ball with maximum strength + Reinforcement. Since the two are exactly 1 school away from Reinforcement, there is no inherent advantage to anybody. Biscuit even said it's somewhat disadvantageous for Razor because Gon can take an arbitarily amount of time to charge up given the rules. In a display of pure physical power, Razor clearly overwhelmed all his opponents there. Does that mean there's no way he'll lose? No, but he certainly has an advantage. He's shown to be quite capable of using skilled manuevers. Emission is also inherently the strongest school in the mid range game, and he's shown to be at least as good as anybody at melee range. It doesn't mean he cannot possibly lose but anyone trying to fight him would have a lot to overcome.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ordoghaz View Post
    i wish it wasnt sais that killua is one of the most gifted in the zoldicks family history, now i find it hard to expect too much from illumi and allucka? so it was quite a surprise reAlly that hisoka ranked him that much. although im sure alluckas gonna be badass. illumi strikes me as someone who values family traditon and methodical so im curiois what allucka did to recieve that judgement. killua had hury family and ran away, and was forgiven so whats worse than that?
    Well out of the five Zoldyck brothers only Milluki is so far the only one, who isn't a battle oriented assassin. And I think that you aren't giving Illumi enough credit, he is the one who casually infiltrated the Ryodan without breaking a sweat. I admit we haven't seen much from battle wise but still his qualities speaks for himself and the same applies for Alluka.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Well out of the five Zoldyck brothers only Milluki is so far the only one, who isn't a battle oriented assassin. And I think that you aren't giving Illumi enough credit, he is the one who casually infiltrated the Ryodan without breaking a sweat. I admit we haven't seen much from battle wise but still his qualities speaks for himself and the same applies for Alluka.
    Illumi is plenty strong himself but by the naming convention, Alluka should be younger than Killua and if he's stronger than Killua that'd directly contradict with the fact that Killua is the most talented of his generation.

Kalluto said he joined the Spiders to 'get my brother back, no matter what it takes'. I got the feeling the danger in Alluka is that he's involved with someone really dangerous, not necessarily just because of his power, which should not be higher than Killua's no matter what given the stated talent levels and age.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't get your choice it's sometimes still better that the worst case does not happen. In this case I think that it will come down to a very small group of candidates. Pariston will obviously be one, Ging might aswell but he might drop, so that the non-Pariston-votes are not further distributed.
    Like Hergipotter I think that Paristons number of votes will not change much. And misspelling someones name doesn't count so the 48 people that did not cast a regular vote are force to do it or at least most of them since the 48 persons are missing to complete the 95%. That is if we assume that no one of the absent voters will vote thought some of them will and I guess Gon might have the deciding vote in the end

ps: I counted all the votes and got two times 581 regular votes. Could be a mistake since my eyes are pretty tired but maybe someone did count it too

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The 'hunt' isn't just for Pariston. It's also for the other Zodiacs. Pariston greatly outclasses anyone else in terms of political savvy/support and dirty tricks. It'd be ridiculous if Gin can outsmart him in this area. If anything, Gin's rules appears to be a trap for the other Zodiacs besides Pariston. Gin already says the Pariston absolutely does not care what the rules are. Pariston is not in a disadvantageous positon regardless of whose name show up in the lottery (except his own, in that case it's a huge advantage). Looking at the current vote distribution, Pariston has an overwhelming advantage compared to any other candidate. He is clearly a master politican so at this point all he has to do is lobby for more votes the standard way. If someone is going to make a risky move, it'd have to be one of the Zodiacs. There's no reason to assume everyone in the Zodiac is a good guy.

I think Gin's plan is twofold. First, any potentially 'bad' candidates amongst Zodiac has to get through Pariston, who has an overwhleming advantage under Gin's rule. We know Pariston is a master of all the shady stuff, so this means anyone trying to play tricks on him will probably mysteriously die/disappear. That's much better than Gin doing it himself since there's no indication he's even good at that kind of subtle stuff, so why not let someone who is clearly the best do the work for him? Now when all the problematic candidates have been eliminated, Gin will probably just ensure that Pariston cannot win (based on the 95% rule) to try to bargain with him for position. Gin said he doesn't want to be the chairman, and looking at his votes he's not even going to have enough votes to make it to the round of 8 candidates let alone later. I doubt he'll suddenly have a surge of popularity so there's a good chance he wouldn't even be a candiate in the later rounds, but winning the election was never his goal.
    Yeah, he doesn't want to win, but his hunt IS for Pariston. Regardless of Pariston's skills in this area, Gon did take Hisoka's badge in Hunter Exam even being a lot weaker/slower. That's what being a Hunter is: to get your prey due to ingenious moves. No human is stronger than a Tiger, faster than a Horse, or deadlier than a Viper, but we can hunt them. Same goes for Pariston's skills: he can be hunted as well, even in his area, as long as the Hunter is gifted for that job.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Yeah, he doesn't want to win, but his hunt IS for Pariston. Regardless of Pariston's skills in this area, Gon did take Hisoka's badge in Hunter Exam even being a lot weaker/slower. That's what being a Hunter is: to get your prey due to ingenious moves. No human is stronger than a Tiger, faster than a Horse, or deadlier than a Viper, but we can hunt them. Same goes for Pariston's skills: he can be hunted as well, even in his area, as long as the Hunter is gifted for that job.
    Except this is an election here. What would letting your guard down mean? Is Gin going to show up and assassinate Pariston right before he celebrates his victory? Is someone going to magically make up about 200 votes of difference because Pariston thought he had the election in the bag?

Unless Gin's goal is to assassinate Pariston, there's not much to be gained by getting his guard down at this point. In fact, Pariston pretty much already stated that he thought the election was over, regardless of whose method was picked. It's really not possible for his guard to be lowered than what it currently is! Pariston commands an overwhelming lead at the moment, so he has no need to even use any dirty tricks. One would imagine his campaign will just be your standard "Vote for me, better benefits for all!" and there would be no particular weakness to doing something as generic as that.

Pariston will be a target later, but right now the only guy who might be hunted are the other candidates against Pariston.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    If you don't get your choice it's sometimes still better that the worst case does not happen. In this case I think that it will come down to a very small group of candidates. Pariston will obviously be one, Ging might aswell but he might drop, so that the non-Pariston-votes are not further distributed.
    Like Hergipotter I think that Paristons number of votes will not change much. And misspelling someones name doesn't count so the 48 people that did not cast a regular vote are force to do it or at least most of them since the 48 persons are missing to complete the 95%. That is if we assume that no one of the absent voters will vote thought some of them will and I guess Gon might have the deciding vote in the end

ps: I counted all the votes and got two times 581 regular votes. Could be a mistake since my eyes are pretty tired but maybe someone did count it too
    The guys who are against Pariston are only a small elite inner circle (mostly the Zodiac). Pariston is clearly a popular man amongst your average joe Hunters looking at his overwhelming support compared to the closest candidate. If you're just a random guy, there's no reason why you'd suspect Pariston is up to no good. Even if you add all the votes between candidate #2 to #16, I'm pretty sure it's still less than Pariston's vote let alone a majority. There is no reason to believe he'd be disadvantaged in trying to get the vote from the average Hunter. We know he's also extremely wealthy and he consistently says he's going to stand up for the rights of the weak, and if you're just a regular Hunter that sure sounds pretty promising. It seems like Pariston also gets some of his votes from fear, but again in this case why would an average Hunter try to mess with the biggest faction in the association?

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

An observation, Netero picked Pariston as one of the Zodiac and that certainly wasn't because Pariston is a crazy admirer of Netero. He got to the position of vice chairman and even though people know he's shady, they can't do anything about it. This implies Pariston is incredibly talented at political things, and is a valuable asset to the association. Looking at the characters that are present so far, he does look like the most capable character to lead the Hunter's Association. Gin said his goal wasn't to change the outcome of the election. I think there's a very good chance that Gin's plan is to force Pariston to make some concessions and stop his shady tactics. I see no indication why anyone else would lead better than Pariston out of all the candidates so far. If Pariston can be convinced/persuaded to just take a more administrative role as the chairman, that seems like a good enough victory for Gin.
    Last edited by Phantron; October 13, 2011 at 06:08 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there wasn't an opportunity yet. But not necessarily assassinate, or make him lose the election by overwhelming his popularity. Pariston could be expelled from Hunter association if his crimes are ever uncovered. And one doesn't need to search outside for evidence in order to do that, Pariston himself knows what he did, and will try to keep doing it. It's all a game about making him commit a huge mistake, one that he can't cover-up.

A guy that walks a dangerous path like him has already commited several ones, otherwise Ox would never have guessed he had something to do with the disappearings. All that's left is someone to take those opportunities and use them efficiently against Pariston. Hard? Yes. But not impossible ("Rank 'D' I suppose..."). And I bet Gin is after that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Maybe there wasn't an opportunity yet. But not necessarily assassinate, or make him lose the election by overwhelming his popularity. Pariston could be expelled from Hunter association if his crimes are ever uncovered. And one doesn't need to search outside for evidence in order to do that, Pariston himself knows what he did, and will try to keep doing it. It's all a game about making him commit a huge mistake, one that he can't cover-up.

A guy that walks a dangerous path like him has already commited several ones, otherwise Ox would never have guessed he had something to do with the disappearings. All that's left is someone to take those opportunities and use them efficiently against Pariston. Hard? Yes. But not impossible ("Rank 'D' I suppose..."). And I bet Gin is after that.
    If Pariston dies or gets expelled, the association reputation would be hit pretty badly, not to mention what happens to his supporters? There's no doubt Gin's making a move against him but I don't think it can end with outright defeat since Pariston is too important in the grand scheme of things.

There's no reason for Pariston to try anything risky at this point of the election given his numerical advantage. Obviously someone's got to make a move to put some pressure on him, but I'm thinking whoever's making the move is part of the hunted, because you'd have to do something pretty shady to even have a shot at overcoming Pariston's advantage. I'm assuming you're not going to see someone rally a ton of support behind 'Will of Netero' or 'World Peace' or anything along these lines.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to consider they are several elections away from defeating pariston though. There are going to be more votes available soon enough and there is time for a mistake to be made on pariston's part and even expose his doings. Of course, it would not be easy but the possibilities are there. I would think the people who did not vote for pariston probably won't go for him next round, after all they are probably not temps.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, because of Hisoka's statements, people are estimating tiers as if we've seen any of the Zodiac fight. Everybody eats up whatever this character thinks about and says.

But yeah I kinda get why Hisoka thinks that way, I mean, I really can't take some of these Zodiac seriously mainly because of how they look. It's like they took one look at a random One Piece manga page and BAM! Costumes.

Illumi's statements are also weird. Gon and Killua would die? What the hell did they do? Probably because of Killua's growing closeness to Gon and his drifting away from the family business?

And what's up with the 5th Zoldick son?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if someone might already have posted this but it's not clear that pariston will win the election. If no one gets more than 50% of the votes there will be a new voting round, this time with only 16 candidates. And after that the number of canidates is halfed everytime no one got more than 50%. So I think it will come down to a one on one election. Pariston only got 37.5% in the first round and i guess not many that voted for someone else in the first round will vote for pariston in the following rounds, so chances are good, that NOT Pariston will be next chairman and i think thats all ging is after.
    It's meant to reinforce the opponent assuming that as your candidate get eliminated you will likely pick another one. Since they did not voted Pariston in the first place it's very likely they vote another candidate...And that another candidate will gain strength as the rounds pass.
    Kalluto said he joined the Spiders to 'get my brother back, no matter what it takes'. I got the feeling the danger in Alluka is that he's involved with someone really dangerous, not necessarily just because of his power, which should not be higher than Killua's no matter what given the stated talent levels and age.
    Maybe another family of assassins? You know, it's not weird to have families that works like Mafia. This would be something similar, but applied to HxH world.

And I'm sure Zoldycks are not the only ones killing people as a family tradition :P
    Unless Gin's goal is to assassinate Pariston, there's not much to be gained by getting his guard down at this point.
    Hunt doesn't mean Kill. Ging wanted to continue the old's man legacy. And for that He would need to "hunt" Pariston in the political field. Let's not shorten the terms.
    Revealing, exposing, sharing, changing, making someone as him fell into a bigger trap...Hunt is a word that can mean many things and more if it comes from Ging.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    You have to consider they are several elections away from defeating pariston though.
    5 more at max. One week or one month is more than enough since there is no period of campaign. Actually there isn't public campaign at all xD
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast