Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: So far this arc...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • is getting bored.

0 0%
  • even if it just started I absolutely love it.

34 73.91%
  • is as good as Hunter Exam.

4 8.70%
  • it's not as good as the others.

0 0%
  • I like it more than the previous one.

8 17.39%
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 320 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 320 Discussion / 321 Prediction

The way the Zodiac are described, I got the feeling if Killua stole the ball from Netero during the Hunter exam and was willing to put on a rat costume, he could've replaced Pariston as the rat in the Zodiac. There's probably a few guys in there that you can't just judge them by their looks (sheep seems like one so far), but I think there's got to be a quite a few in the Zodiac that's exactly as dumb as they look.

For Pariston, of course he's going to be part of Gin's objective, but Gin doesn't strike me as openly hostile to Pariston. Unlike rest of the Zodiac he doesn't seem like a 'must take down Pariston at any cost'. I really think the hunt includes rest of the Zodiac, because until a few round goes under the way, there's no way Pariston would be doing anything dangerous. It's going to be the guys who are way behind him that will attempt to make a move given the votes so far. Again, there's no indication Pariston is the only bad guy here, and if you're a conspiring bad guy, you got to take down Pariston first for sure due to the vote he holds. I think Gin is hunting those guys on top of Pariston.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    It's meant to reinforce the opponent assuming that as your candidate get eliminated you will likely pick another one. Since they did not voted Pariston in the first place it's very likely they vote another candidate...And that another candidate will gain strength as the rounds pass.
    Only the Zodiac supporters plus maybe Morel's faction are strongly against Pariston. There are way more people in the association who are just on the fringe of the inner politics regardless of power. For example take Biscuit, she seems to be pretty much uninvolved in politics. If Pariston offered her a lifetime subscription of hot model magazines, that's got to sound at least as appealing as 'vote for X in the name of truth.' We know all the guys who are clearly anti-Pariston do not add up to more people than him. The guys who are on the fence in general would have no particular reason to be against Pariston.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Only the Zodiac supporters plus maybe Morel's faction are strongly against Pariston. There are way more people in the association who are just on the fringe of the inner politics regardless of power. For example take Biscuit, she seems to be pretty much uninvolved in politics. If Pariston offered her a lifetime subscription of hot model magazines, that's got to sound at least as appealing as 'vote for X in the name of truth.' We know all the guys who are clearly anti-Pariston do not add up to more people than him. The guys who are on the fence in general would have no particular reason to be against Pariston.
    Things is that they did not voted for Pariston for a reason. That reason is very likely to be kept. And above that, Pariston can also suffer from a leak of voters if He's pushed well or exposed in time. There are just too many ways to get the opponent always grew stronger as Pariston keeps the same force. I think Ging thought this way was the most effective to do so.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The most important factor here is to manipulate the extra 8% voters they need to complete the 95% attendance. Pariston can keep getting overwhelming majorities but he is not going to be president if they don't get the desired attendance rate. Honestly, it is not that hard. If you get 34 people to not vote even if every single hunter is there pariston won't win. In turn, pariston can ridge the election if he believes he is not going to win since he has a decent bit of support.Things were simple this chapter but I don't think this will be maintained in the short run.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 320 Spoiler Discussion

[SIZE="5"]

Another really interesting story. But why that info should put his life at risk? Killua could hunt his brother with some sort of ease. There is something more to this.
    This is just my theory here, but judging from the family photo, the missing brother seems to be an outcast while the entire family is focused primarily on Killua as their favorite child. Thus, there is a sibling rivalry and the missing brother hates Killua so much that the missing brother had multiple attempts to kill Killua, the family found out and the dad banished him. Thus, the danger that Killua would have if Killua were to find his missing brother.

Another reason is also why the missing brother is an outcast in the first place. It could be that the brother doesn't have any skills of an assassin, but has great abilities as the healer. Thus of course he would be seen as an outcast when he is raised in a family of assassins. This would also explains why the missing brother is suddenly mentioned now and why Illumi thinks the missing brother should be dead (not an assassin, ruin the family name, etc.), why Killua is looking for the him, and negotiating with his dad for info regarding the brother's whereabouts.

This is all a shot in the dark, but it kinda works.
    Last edited by huntersq; October 13, 2011 at 11:25 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When Kalluto joined the Spiders, he said that he thought he could be the second strongest amongst Spiders only to find out this isn't even close to the case, but he will not despair because he will do whatever it takes to rescue his brother no matter how long it takes. He's obviously talking about Alluka here (none of the other brothers needs rescuing at this point). From this you can conclude you have to be at least the second strongest amongst Spiders to have a shot at doing this. It's consistent with Illumi recruiting Hisoka for help.

From the way Kalluto puts it, it seems like Alluka is captured by someone who is really powerful. I don't think the danger is in Alluka's personal ability, because by the naming convention he is younger than Killua (between KilluA and KAluto). Killua is regarded as the successor to the family so his talent level has to be highest amongst the sons, and Alluka is younger than him.

Since we're told that Killua is negotiating with Silva and things seems to be going bad there, I'm thinking they need to rescue him from Silva. From this chapter we can tell that Hisoka considers Ilumi roughly the same class as him, and Silva has to be quite a bit stronger than Ilumi. So Ilumi recruiting for help makes sense.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The most important factor here is to manipulate the extra 8% voters they need to complete the 95% attendance. Pariston can keep getting overwhelming majorities but he is not going to be president if they don't get the desired attendance rate. Honestly, it is not that hard. If you get 34 people to not vote even if every single hunter is there pariston won't win. In turn, pariston can ridge the election if he believes he is not going to win since he has a decent bit of support.Things were simple this chapter but I don't think this will be maintained in the short run.
    The problem here is that as long as the 95% rule stays then anybody could have used that against Pariston. Gin's rules are completely superflous if the goal is just to prevent Pariston from winning. We see that you can just wrote down say, "Netero", to get counted as invalid, so it's pretty trivial for any party to prevent Pariston from winning if that's solely their goal. Chidol already has enough votes to prevent Pariston from ever winning with any set of rules as long as 95% vote is required.

The 95% rule is likely to be some kind of final bargaining chip, but right now it's way too easy to hit it so I don't see Pariston making a big mistake on it. There are already 18 MIA + Gon that can never vote out of the 34 people you need to prevent 95% from being reached. Assuming those 18 MIAs are really dead (but unproveable), this means you only need about 15 people to stop Pariston from ever winning. This is way too easy to get. Pariston may have no qualms about using dirty tricks, but if it only takes 15 people to stop him from winning, that means he bascially has to kill just about everyone who didn't vote for him to prevent 15 people from getting together and not vote. Since that's practically impossible, it wouldn't make sense to do it.

I suppose if he knows who is actually going to not vote he might target those guys, but I'm under the impression only Beans know who voted for who. He didn't tell Gin and I sure don't see him telling Pariston either. You can just show up like Hisoka and turn in a blank sheet of paper and that'd get counted as invalid. Although Hisoka's case is way too obvious, there's nothing stopping you from writing an invalid response and turning it in as if you cast a legitmate vote.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Observation: when you're down to two parties, basically nobody can win. Assuming 95% is somehow reached, there's almost no chance the top vote getter can have majority (if he has that kind of turnout, the second place candidate can just tell his supporters to not vote). So, you apply the rule and eliminate the #2 candidate and get a ballot with one candidate. Well, at this point, every one who doesn't like that guy is definitely not going to vote, so the sole remaining candidate also has no chance of winning if at least 5% of the people dislike him.

So the winner has to be decided at either the round of 8 or round of 4 candidates. When you get down to 2, it'd be too obvious who should win and you'd just use the 95% rule to prevent the other guy from winning.

So I think Gin's plan is to use the round of 2 as a bargaining champ against Pariston, because if it's down to 2 candidates, there will never be a winner. If Pariston has the overwhelming vote advantage, he'd never be able to win at the round of 2 stage (his opponent will never vote). So what happens is during the round of 4, you can threaten someone by saying you WILL vote, thus getting the threshold to 95% and eliminate 2 more candidates, because you know nobody can win at the round of 2.

---------- Post added October 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was October 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM ----------

Let's say Pariston has about 35% of the votes right now. These guys look pretty firmly entrenched on his side so we'll count those as his fixed base.

It is obvious that they're going to have problem hitting the 95% vote total even if no one is trying to abuse it. Pariston has to be aware that the 95% rule can be used against him.

So his strategy should be to recruit about 15% more Hunters, but tell them to vote evenly amongst the other candidates. That way, it'd look like he only has 35% of the votes while a few competitors are creeping up to him. If you have 4/8/16 voters, spreading 15% out isn't going to let anyone get a majority. Then, you can just look at the total vote %. As soon as it goes over 95%, tell all your spies to for you in the next election, and win like that.

Problem is, this strategy has no chance of working if you're down to 2. We know Pariston is the overwhelming favorite here. His sole opponent would have to be retarded to think somehow 51% of people decided to join his side over the existing favorite, so he'd see that it is a trap. If you have say 4 candidates, assuming the vote would've been something like:

P - 35%
    2 - 20%
    3 - 15%
    4 - 10%

At this point, Pariston can divide his 15% extra helpers evenly amongst the remaining 3 candidates and get:

P - 35%
    2 - 25%
    3 - 20%
    4 - 15%

Now why can't he just give himself those votes? Well, if he did the votes would look like:

P - 50%
    2 - 20%
    3 - 15%
    4- 10%

That's exactly 95%, so basically if he's off by even a small amount, this round still fails, and now everyone realizes Pariston really has 50%, so of course all his enemy will stop voting to ensure he can't win. Basically, he can't show his hand until he's sure the vote total is > 95% because the moment he shows his hand, everyone will unite against him to prevent him from winning.

This could work with 8 or 16 voters, but I think you've to be down to 4 before you can create the illusion someone is close to catching up to Pariston. I'm going to assume Pariston cannot possibly pretend he somehow lost 20% of his voters, not to mention this move could be risky because he might end up being one of the candidates eliminated.

But imagine on a round like this:

P - 35%
    2 - 25%
    3 - 20%
    4 - 15%

Say Gin has 1% of the vote, and he voted for anyone, could even be Pariston, then you get:

P - 36%
    2 - 25%
    3 - 20%
    4 - 15%

That's 96% of the vote, with no majority. #3 and #4 are eliminated, but now we're down to 2, so Pariston has no way to win assuming his opponent isn't stupid. So therefore, even a very small amount of vote can be threatening not because it determines the winner, but that as soon as you eliminate the candidates down to 2, neither of them can possibly win.
    Last edited by Phantron; October 13, 2011 at 11:56 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenYoshimaster View Post
    If it makes it to 2 finalists, how would the non pariston finalist be sure Pariston would beat him? Even if he maintains $40% of the vote in the previous round, it could be that the split vote between the other 2 semi finalists would go to the remaining challenger if they all hate pariston, and in the final round an actual vote would be had. If the Hunters think there's a chance their candidate can beat Pariston I believe they'll vote, unless they really hate him to the point theyd be willing to let the Organization suffer from a lack of a leader even longer for it.

And can they really do 1 candidate? what will they do if he gets less than 95% of the vote? cut him in half?
    I think it's well established that nobody would possibly think they alone can take on Pariston. Chidol's plan was to have multiple candidates in an attempt to split Pariston's vote, and Pariston said she was the most capable (presumably politcally). She also has the second highest vote right now, so it'd appear she knows the political situation of the association better than anyone else. Just because you're down to two canidates doesn't mean whoever is up against Pariston should have all the support of everyone else. If it was that easy, the Zodiac should've just all voted for Chidol to begin with.

Based on how strongly most of the Zodiac reacted to Pariston, I think most of them would prefer having no leader compared to having him in charge. Based on how those rules are read, it should be entirely possible to have no winner even if you're down to one candidate. In fact, it's really hard to see how the one candidate can possibly win if that guy is Pariston, since there's far more than 5% of the voters that want to see him fail.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Illumi is plenty strong himself but by the naming convention, Alluka should be younger than Killua and if he's stronger than Killua that'd directly contradict with the fact that Killua is the most talented of his generation.

Kalluto said he joined the Spiders to 'get my brother back, no matter what it takes'. I got the feeling the danger in Alluka is that he's involved with someone really dangerous, not necessarily just because of his power, which should not be higher than Killua's no matter what given the stated talent levels and age.
    IMO it wouldn't be a contradiction at all. Just because Killua is referred to be the most gifted Zoldyck in the entire Zoldyck family tree, doesn't mean that he is stronger then Alluka. We haven't seen nothing of him, so we can't rule out the possibility that he also might have learned Nen before Killua did, just like Kalluto apparently. Killua and Gon both are able to grow fast, that is a quality that makes them unique and potentially dangerous.

I agree with you regarding Kalluto's part, that he is even willing to join the Ryodan in order to find him speaks for itself. While on the other hand we have Illumi, who wants to kill him... Somehow I have a feeling that this confrontation regarding Alluka is going to have a heavy impact on the Zoldyck family.

I wonder what Ging's is up to, he soon dissappeared when the election was held only to re-appear for the votes/re-election. I think that he is setting up a 'trap' for Pariston by looking for clues or evidence regarding those 18 missing Hunters, who somehow got involved with Pariston during those three years. He's probably doing it so that Pariston doesn't win the election.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I read until page 5 and gave up.... XD

I just wanted to give my thoughts about Hisoka's ranking! We know the zodiacs are top-level hunters, but there are monsters like Netero, Zeno, Silva, Gin (i suppose, since he is in the top 5)... So why Illumi is 95? Hisoka is simply comparing to him, not ranking by strengh or fun to battle! If hisoka is 100, Illumi is a bit weaker.... Hisoka even threatened Illumi at the hunter exam one time, so it makes sense. Those zodiacs might not be the strongers too, the Dragon and Boar (the rat i suspect) must be monsters.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So his strategy should be to recruit about 15% more Hunters, but tell them to vote evenly amongst the other candidates. That way, it'd look like he only has 35% of the votes while a few competitors are creeping up to him. If you have 4/8/16 voters, spreading 15% out isn't going to let anyone get a majority. Then, you can just look at the total vote %. As soon as it goes over 95%, tell all your spies to for you in the next election, and win like that.
    Problem with that is that if He got already 50% means that there is the other 50% not voting for him. And they will move also smartly, I would assume they don't just keep standing while Pariston makes all the moves alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I agree with you regarding Kalluto's part, that he is even willing to join the Ryodan in order to find him speaks for itself. While on the other hand we have Illumi, who wants to kill him... Somehow I have a feeling that this confrontation regarding Alluka is going to have a heavy impact on the Zoldyck family.
    The fact that this Alluka is both a threat and a goal makes me SO interested on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I read until page 5 and gave up.... XD
    So many long posts. I think currently this forum retains the most long posts made by chapter.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So many long posts. I think currently this forum retains the most long posts made by chapter.
    If Phantron and kkck got sick in the same week, then it would be less post! XD
    Their long replies to each other are hard to follow!! lol

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hunted's Avatar
    Country
    Bhutan
    Post Thanks / Like

hisoka measurments is different from every body
    and may hw was measurin the will of the fight of the person
    and we know the one of the principales of the nen
    the will of the person

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think its the will to fight. otherwise. illumi, will never be near 90s. the family operates in such a way they will abandon the mission if theres nothin for them on it... and not fight if the opponent is stronger, like how they taught killua. illumi is an assasin not a fighter in general...
    .. i think its more of hisoka's measurement of how strong and interesting the fight against these people are gonna be like. which he could base by how fluid and potent their base aura flow. zetsu? demeanor in reaction to his killing intents, etc.. i dont think theres a way to prove or know really what his basis are for the rankings.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people really take issues with Hisoka's ranking of Illumi. From the beginning of the manga, I've always seen the two as equals.
    Here's what Illumi has done so far:

Kill the 12 Mafia lords to keep Zeno and Silva in check. Zeno/Silva could have killed Kuroro right then and there, but they're professionals, and they don't kill from pleasure/revenge from what we've seen.

Infiltrate the Ryodan hideout. What's even more amazing is how he's able to escape alive. The Ryodan would have been pissed after the events, wouldn't you think? Still, he's alive with seemingly no problems. To me, that only means he's either stronger than anyone present in the hideout, has a good ability for escaping, or he's acquainted somewhat well with the group (Kuroro trusted him with a mission after all).

In a fight between Illumi and Hisoka, the results could go either way.
    Last edited by Reach; October 16, 2011 at 04:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Read the manga again. Kuroro wasn't fighting seriously against Zeno/Silva. Zeno made a remark about that.
    Though I do agree that Illumi is a top dog. And even if Hisoka's ranking is real, all zodiac members were extremely high ranked. So I don't see the issue.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast