Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: So far this arc...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • is getting bored.

0 0%
  • even if it just started I absolutely love it.

34 73.91%
  • is as good as Hunter Exam.

4 8.70%
  • it's not as good as the others.

0 0%
  • I like it more than the previous one.

8 17.39%
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 320 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 320 Spoiler Discussion

Pariston got the top vote, he has something like 45% of all votes. Second was Chidol.

Gin got 7 votes.

Total vote was in the high 80%s (just look for the number), so not enough to decide the outcome. Pariston didn't get the 50% majority needed to win even if 95% of the voter voted, but he's obviously very close.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew Beans and Gin had arranged previously! Ever since people suggested that he manipulated Beans and that it was an aura there, I knew he just had used his glare to show which paper was his! Otherwise he would never had known Gin meant something (if he was being manipulated) and would never had commented on how good a hunter he was.

I suppose 28 missing votes includes 10 Ryodan members, Abengane, Lazer and 16 others.

@ Phantron: I always interpreted the "Rank D" stuff as "getting 95% of Hunters to vote on you", not really the requirement to vote. Gin made the rules as "every hunter can vote and every hunter is a candidate", so I really do believe it's like I think it is, although I had never though it like you did.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if everyone can be a candidate that also bypasses the requirement Netero stated, so what's so special about the 95% rule?

There's something like 80 people who didn't vote. They didn't even have 90% of the voters. Presumably they can't find everyone immediately. Not every Spider is a Hunter. Ubogin isn't one, for example. It seems like being a Hunter would be against the philosophy of most Spider members of never attempt to earn anything via effort.

Assuming the translation I read yesteday was correct, the rules are:

1. 95% must vote.
    2. Winner must have at least 50% of those who voted.
    3. If no one has 50% and #1 is satisfied, redo election with only the top 16 candidates. Reduce number of candidates by half each time a verdict fails to be reached.
    4. Voters must write down their name.

#1 seems to take precedence over #3, i.e. as long as you don't have 95% you don't eliminate any candidates.

Gin got 7 votes and is barely in the top 16. I think he also said he's not going to defeat Pariston with any kind of rules, and this seems to be a tactic to buy time. But it's not clear to me what he can possibly do unless the plan is to assassinate Pariston. The rest of the Zodiac said Gin's plan is arguably worse than if they picked Pariston's name in the lottery (in favor of Pariston). I'd assume Gin had to make the rules appear fair, because otherwise Pariston might make his move even earlier and that won't be pretty. But he seems to be at a dead end unless Pariston somehow dies.
    Last edited by Phantron; October 12, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I was so looking forwards fights T_T I even was expecting a tournament between the most voted!
    Quote Originally Posted by gomugomupistol View Post
    Could someone create a "Hunter x Hunter 6** Spoiler Pics & Summaries" topic ?
    What for? This thread is both Spoiler and Discussion.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Uriel: Maybe we'll get espionage and backstage confrontation, much more in the style of HxH!

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

So 80% of Hunters voted, and according to a post made by Kewl
    Quote Quote:
    Included in the people who didn't vote: Gon, Shoot, Kurapika, Killua, Shalnark "And 28 others". So that's 33 people...
    Assuming EXACTLY 80% voted then that means the number of existing hunters is 165 yet Pariston had 249 votes, so there has to be some false info in this.

Am I the only one thinking Togashi is gonna pull a YYH out of his ass and end the manga in this batch of chapters??
    Everything is resolving very quickly!

EDIT: I am checking the actual RAW so it wasn't 80% but 87%.. Lets do some math
    LOL no math need.. The chapter pretty much says the exact number of Hunters..
    Anyway what do the 48 means? I mean the 580 is for voters, the 33 is for non-voters, what about the 48?
    Last edited by perroloco; October 12, 2011 at 06:10 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's 48% of votes. Pariton didn't get more than 50%, so that's likely what he got.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ging is Badass. So Hisoka really is included in the upper echelon of hunters in terms of fighting power.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member lan2cp's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was really good, we got to see a lot of characters we haven't seen in ages and Ging got some character development. I really enjoyed this chapter since it felt like Hunter x hunter from back in the days (hunter exam arc).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! chapter. I wan't to know more about Alluka Zoldyck, and why do they wan't him dead? The next chapter should be badass!

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling Hisoka's measurements tell the truth. I wouldn't give that Sheep guy anything before, but he's tougher than Kanzai or Piyon apparently. Almost as much as Ilumi. Gin is likely higher than all of these. And I bet Hisoka didn't get to Chloro yet.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    I wan't to know more about Alluka Zoldyck, and why do they wan't him dead?
    Is he the one that went "missing" that the youngest brother was looking for, or is this yet another brother altogether?

I'm kinda confused, why would Killua be about to die if he is just asking the family head something? Is it them killing him for leaving/betraying the family's assassin creed type deal?

Hisoka being stronger than the Zodiacs present is a surprise to me. Also, how do you figure he knew Ging is one of if not the top Hunters in power since he asks for him by name?

Anyone can quickly fill me in on who the following people are from the list: Ickshonpay, Kurukku, Cutie, Sanbika, Teradin, Bushidora?

Also, wouldn't Kaito be one of the null votes since that person is dead?

Oh yeah, and Ging is more bad ass then I could have ever imagined if that is even possible. Guy is so savvy, street smart, and intelligent its just hard to believe.
    Last edited by LoS; October 12, 2011 at 08:18 PM.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Is he the one that went "missing" that the youngest brother was looking for, or is this yet another brother altogether?

I'm kinda confused, why would Killua be about to die if he is just asking the family head something? Is it them killing him for leaving/betraying the family's assassin creed type deal?

Hisoka being stronger than the Zodiacs present is a surprise to me. Also, how do you figure he knew Ging is one of if not the top Hunters in power since he asks for him by name?

Anyone can quickly fill me in on who the following people are from the list: Ickshonpay, Kurukku, Cutie, Sanbika, Teradin, Bushidora?

Also, wouldn't Kaito be one of the null votes since that person is dead?

Oh yeah, and Ging is more bad ass then I could have ever imagined if that is even possible. Guy is so savvy, street smart, and intelligent its just hard to believe.
    Yeah, Alluka is the younger brother that went missing. Also Ging really reminds me of Yusuke.
    Last edited by Netero; October 12, 2011 at 08:25 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisoka's ranking is more of a how much he wants to fight someone, not how powerful someone is. Otherwise Netero, who is clearly stronger than Hisoka by a lot, should be someone he wants to fight above all else. We actually saw Hisoka back off.

Razor is significantly stronger than Hisoka but he never shown any indication he wanted to fight Razor 1on1. For one thing, I think Hisoka really likes hand-to-hand combat, and Razor probably will just throw aura projectiles at him all day, and he doesn't like that kind of combat, regardless of who is likely to win. He prefers Gon over Killua, even though the two are roughly equally powerful during the time Hisoka knows them (arguably Killua is stronger during these time period). When Gon repeatedly punch him in the face he thought that was great. There's certain kind of characteristics Hisoka looks for in his opponent beyond just power.

I also think most of the Zodiac are just talk. These guys apparently consider themselves much stronger than Morel or Novu, who (well, Morel) confronted Meryem, easily the strongest individual in HXH. Yet one of those guys is getting nervous around Hisoka? Remember when first Novu appeared he talked very tough too, and we all know what happened to him. If you take the ranking literally, then that means Hisoka > Zodiac > Morel or Novu. So Netero picked two guys who are more than one tier below Hisoka on a mission for the fate of humanity? We know Netero didn't even feel anything special about Hisoka, but his handpicked guys is significantly weaker than someone he viewed as 'just another guy'? Yes just about everyone is 'just another guy' to Netero, but if there's that big of a difference between those two, that'd mean his decision to bring those guys along is ridiculously bad.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast