Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

10 9.09%
  • 2 (Boring)

12 10.91%
  • 3 (Regular)

32 29.09%
  • 4 (Good)

43 39.09%
  • 5 (Epic!)

13 11.82%
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 642 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 642 Spoiler Discussion

So Oda does a Ox and frogg tale, with the frogg being already giant :-)) Seems like Sanji won't even need to fight.
    With Chopper heavy point it seems like all strawhat have proportion problems...
    And with no real opponent, Robin is reduced to free the slaves, I'm not sure it will relieve me from the disappointment not seeing her in a real fight. And it seems we won't even see Zoro fight, so I guess we can expect less than a chapter per Strawhat. That may make the ones who don't like the pace happy

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Can't believe it's already out!
    That's the normal schedule for the past few weeks. The big 3 are available in middle afternoon (London time)

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

why why why? Choppers face is still like the brain/cute point? while on the human point

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Read the chapter the first time, didn't like it because it didn't reveal just what Hodi's true form was (after all, that was the cliffhanger). After calming down, read the chapter again, it's not bad.

I was expecting a big 1-2 chapter-long fight with Hyouzou but I guess it wouldn't make any sense for Zoro to have any hard time with him after training under Hawkeye for two years. Hyouzou would have to be Shichibukai level and Hodi, the big boss, is not even that.

The fight I really wanted to see is Brook's, since he never had a long one on one fight with anybody before, and Zoidburg (forgot the name), his opponent's look, ability, and weapons are all very interesting.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

chopper looks like the green hulk

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Can't believe it's already out!

Did Zoro really repel that dude's swords with a force field? That's some serious Busoshoku Haki there. Well, probably.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I've seen something similar before. When 3 admirals defended against Whitebeard's quake attack.
    If you look closely at the last page you can notice that Zoro cut the swords by half in length. Besides he talked about letting him escaped from his barrier, so I think it has nothing to do with him protecting against the blows.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/55924931/20

anyone else thinks that if zoro were to say that to us, we would shit our pants? holy crap!!!!! chapter was boring until the very end zoro literally made up for that chapter. If he was referring to a real barrier than he must have baoshakuo haki (sorry for the spelling mistake). Wow, than that means you have to be super strong to break his barrier. Zoro is the man!!!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter, way better than last week! It's also great to see Robin wearing her shades while fighting, makes her look very badass.

*prays that her fight against Hammond doesn't become completely one-sided*

And I must say, Zoro was SUPER badass in this chapter!
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 7/5/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is up!)

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Oda would stop taunting us with epic Zoro moments, I mean he should just give him an opponent worthy of the epicness! I did not expect the octopus swordsman not to be a good match up for him, I mean sure he is not super strong but he is said to be the best swordsman on FI island. Good to see fights developing, though too many cliffhangers these last few chapters. But at Robin seems to have gotten her match up with Hammond, we have not seen anything special from him but he may pull some trick, so better watch out for him.

Also Wadatsumi and him growing is something to watch out for, Oda does this quite often a rather unimportant thing develops into a great deal for the story. Good to see Den again as well, I wondered if we will see him again.
    plus the children are so cute and I feel sorry for them , Oda really can draw anything.
    Last edited by Josef K.; October 12, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Luffy McDuck's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

So every one else is getting a proper fight exept the ladies? Nami and Robin should beat the Logia Swamp Thing. I was bit disappointed of this chapter. We didn´t get to know Hody´s secret, people talking "yeah it´s so awesome that Shirahoshi is doing all this for us!!!" for the 50th time and stuff. Maybe that giant thing is actually a bomb that explodes like Cell and comes back with a power level of 9001. At least we saw a little bit of the fights. I really hope that the crew will have some great fights now (Brooks first 1on1 as the crew member), this arc has had too many boring moments. Sailing under the sea and fishman part of the flashback have been the best moments in this arc.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

i was really disappointed by this chapter. nothing,nothing happened! the SH fighting those shits are useless pages. zoro can slice hyozu in a single picture. sanji can deal with wadatsumi by himself! this is one of the worst chapters I believe...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hunter Reborn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

okay chapter, and this is Oda filling up the gap of time till we get to the next big event. Did he really have to show Franky's brother (lol)? I really think he could have added move about how Usuopp is doing in his fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool chapter. For the guys that are disappointed, you guys have to remember that before the big fights in One Piece, there is a lot of set up. Look at how long it took for the Straw Hats to fight Baroque Works when the civil war started. Freaking forever. We had to see the civilian side of things before we got to the good stuff. I know it is lagging at the moment, but be patient, it is the first arc of the time skip.

And I highly doubt Zoro was referring too or using Haki. I think his "barrier" is the range of his "killing field".

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter. I truly wonder what is Hody's true character... Oda is taking a little bit too long to tell us what it is... I hope Fishman Island is finished before the new year or finishes during December. Then we have the supermassive 2 weeks without Manga... the dreadful time... damn...
    So this leaves about 9 or 10 more chapters until the end of the year, so... it probably won't end before then... damn...

Chopper was amazing this chapter, he truly changed into a monster hehe.

Hammond imitating a Tenryubitto... not good. Go Robin and smack them good...

Lol @ Wadatsumi xD And Sanji for trolling him xD I wonder if Wadatsumi can get smaller?

And Zoro... no need for words. Just plain and simple badass

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Reborn View Post
    okay chapter, and this is Oda filling up the gap of time till we get to the next big event. Did he really have to show Franky's brother (lol)? I really think he could have added move about how Usuopp is doing in his fight.
    Den is actually Tom's brother not Franky's. He must be important later on with something, plus he also said something about Hody that fits in with the previous chapter of Hody's character, too much mystery though and Oda just adds to it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 642 Discussion / 643 Prediction

Very interesting chapter.. Not only is the tension being raised but the battles are resolving themselves.. I'm excited to see the SH really mop up the floor with these "fish sticks"...
    After seeing Zoro make a bitch out of Hyozo, and Chopper's new form.. I'm officially impressed. The "new SH" are no joke.

However I'm most interested by what Hachi says early on: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/55924931/4

No way to break Hodi Apart!?!? Huh?? Is Hodi multiple parts, or super resilient or what??
    That IMO is the most curious development..

Otherwise Classic SH action...

Can't wait for Robin to face off with Hammond and the slave tank...

Love how the NFP are acting exactly like those they claim to hate and oppose..
    Just makes them getting their ass handed to them so much more fulfilling...

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast