Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

17 68.00%
  • Average

7 28.00%
  • Terrible

1 4.00%
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 120 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 120 Spoiler Thread

Riful for sure is not one of the 8 strongest mentioned. It is possible that Riful had a lot of potential but at the time of her death she was not as strong as the 'strongest 8'. My feeling is that Roxanne, Hysteria, and Cassandra are the strongest of the 8 (not just the strongest of the dead no.1s with all the body parts). It can be evidenced by what Dae said in this chapter. He said these three were what he considered to be his greatest creations until he saw that arm, meaning that he thought they were stronger than any other claymores before he saw Priscilla's arm. Whether he's right or not, the revived no.1s must be super uber strong compared to other no.1's. My feeling is that these no.1's, in claymore form, will not match up to Riful in her awakened form. (Awakened Cassandra KO'd claymore Roxanne so easily. Presumably the power difference shouldn't be that big when both were still claymores, and I still think that Roxanne as a claymore may have surpassed Cassandra...) However, the awakened form of the revived three should be stronger than riful, isley, and luciela. So I am thinking that...

Teresa/Priscilla>Roxanne, Cassandra, Hysteria>Riful, Isley, Luciela, Alicia

Notice also that at the end of the chapter Dae said: "The enormous yoki of the awakened three that possess that strength should surely reach the owner of that arm." The English translation is a little subtle, but when I read the Chinese translation it meant something like "The yoki of them, who have THIS kind of power and are awakening, will surely reach..."

There can be a lot of interpretations, but Dae surely has a lot of hopes for these three. To be honest, I was really hoping that Roxanne would one hit KO Cassandra's awakened form and become the new "teresa-strong" type of figure and the biggest bitch of the manga. I was even hoping that she would KO Priscilla and become the final boss. Not that I like her a lot... but I am just tired of Priscilla owning everyone...
    Last edited by columyip; November 04, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Japanese may also be open to interpretation, but I read "that strength" to mean "the strength derived from the arm".

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Louvre's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by columyip View Post
    Riful for sure is not one of the 8 strongest mentioned. It is possible that Riful had a lot of potential but at the time of her death she was not as strong as the 'strongest 8'.
    Riful was never mentioned as one of the particulary strong dead number one warriors... I haven't seen anyone suggesting that. Hell, it's written on the manga.

The eight are mentioned as warriors who could have had the potential to surpass, or not, Riful, Isley and Luciela, have they had awakened. At the time of her death, she was stronger than any of the eight dead warriors (with the special exception of Theresa, who's true strenght was unknown to the organization).

My feeling is that Roxanne, Hysteria, and Cassandra are the strongest of the 8 (not just the strongest of the dead no.1s with all the body parts).
    The eight include Theresa of the Faint Smile. That makes your next argument:

So I am thinking that...

Teresa/Priscilla>Roxanne, Cassandra, Hysteria>Riful, Isley, Luciela, Alicia
    Invalidated by your own theory.

But oh surprise, this chapter brings something that happily concludes the debate:

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore Manga
    It was absurd from the start that folks that have previously died would conveniently be revived as warriors.

They are completely different beings that merely borrowed their pre-death appeareance, certain to awaken.
    These are not the original three dead warriors, and thus should not be considered as a way to measure the power of these eight particulary strong dead number ones. These "zombie" claymores are moving with the power of Priscilla's arm, nothing more, and nothing else.

Notice also that at the end of the chapter Dae said: "The enormous yoki of the awakened three that possess that strength should surely reach the owner of that arm." The English translation is a little subtle, but when I read the Chinese translation it meant something like "The yoki of them, who have THIS kind of power and are awakening, will surely reach..."
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the power he borrowed from Priscilla's arm to recreate these warriors; after all, it's stated that the awakening is inevitable (even nearly dead Hysteria and Roxanne are able to awaken with the power of THAT arm, not theirs).
    Last edited by Louvre; November 04, 2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Spelling.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 120 Disc/121 Pred Thread

Hmm awesome chapter. I just really wished Miria WOuld of cut-off Hysteria's head off, that should prevent her from awakening right? Lol at Roxy she cant believe she is being beaten by dust eater. Well as far as i see Cassy's attacks are pretty straightforward, except the fact she has multiple heads. Quite unique. We havent seen an Ab with multiple heads yet, not mentioning destroyer here. Wow Miria actually thought f joining forces with Roxy its funny....

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since many of you seem to be interested in selecting, judging, and/or discussing or debating your own rankings of the Claymores, we do have this thread:

Rank the Claymores

(the first few posts are on just the 7 Ghosts, but the thread was expanded to ranking any/all Claymores, as well)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 04, 2011 at 10:47 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Reason Rful and the other Abyssal ones were not counts has nothing to do with there strength, simply the potential of other warriors. whats being asked is who could potentially have the power to surpass these three Abyssal ones if they awakened. Obviously thy will pick from the claymore known to have shown equal or better performance by Organization standards. This does not equal any clear line of superiority between any of them, especially as none of those eight had awakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Louvre
    These are not the original three dead warriors, and thus should not be considered as a way to measure the power of these eight particulary strong dead number ones. These "zombie" claymores are moving with the power of Priscilla's arm, nothing more, and nothing else.
    I disagree with you here. Dae isn't really saying that they are different creatures, he's saying that there basic nature is different from a living Claymore. what he's musing here is that they were ticking time bombs. They had no where near the standard life expectancy of a living Claymore and lacked anything that could feasibly have been seen as true stability. His admission shows that he knew that his resurrection technique was imperfect and planned it to be so. These three are not different then they were when they were alive except in the fact that there yoki source is a product produced using already awakened flesh, because of that they never had a limit cap, it was as if they were already awakened and just waiting for the change to take place. Other then this they gained no particularly special traits from Priscilla's flesh that were mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Louvre
    So yes, we know they were number 1s. Yes, they could have turned in to powerful abyssal ones. But were they stronger than Riful as warriors? This is something that we can only speculate about.

There's also another thing: Why did Isley decided to attack Luciela instead of Riful?
    Because he's a stratgist it had nothing to do with who was more powerful then who. The three abyssal ones ran a HUGE risk doing battle with one another. They were all so close in power that there was never going to be a guaranteed winner in a 1 on 1 fight, that's why they avoided one another in direct combat. When you are this close in power even the tiniest factor can throw victory in your favor, this is why Riful and Isley wanted allies of other awakened, to tip the scales. after the battle of Pieta Isley lost a tremendous amount of military power named Rigardo. You can consider that Rigardo + Isley is roughly equal in power to Riful and Dauf, with both there subordinates being powerful enough that neither would instantly die to the other or even either abyssal one so long as their respective leader backed them properly. After Rigardo died however this balance was gone. there was no telling if Priscilla in the "retard" state would be useable in combat as an ally either, especially if his goal was to keep her concealed until he removed any possible threat to her. so the risk was going up against Riful with Dauf backing her or taking on Luciela who rolled alone. Even if the difference is small Isley was the kind of man to choose the option with the higher odds. He still nearly died in his fight with Luciela even with that option being the better of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Columyip
    As said earlier, Dae is saying that he's hoping that the owner of the arm will sense elements of it's own Yoki muddled inside the Yoki of these new abyssal ones. In essence they will have a similar 'scent'. He hopes this will make the arms owner curious enough to come and investigate.

-------

Dae also says the organization is finished but i doubt they'll ever completely stop. They probably will never operate the same on this continent, but with all the data and specimens they have i wouldn't be surprised if a new line of research popped up somewhere else. They have yet to produce a stable weapon to fight the enemies dragon-kin. I'm guessing the higher end awakened ones are far more powerful then these dragons, considering how much Rubel is going through to hide Priscella's existence along with various other facts. Through controllable awakened beings like Alicia and Beth and the twin, The abyssal ones, Half awakened like Clare and company and Priscella it seems to me that the Organization has in several ways come close to producing a perfected mass producible awakened weapon. Rubel being a boss has kept them from ever gathering all these elements together. They'll never know how close they were to their goal until its too late. ^^
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 05, 2011 at 03:44 AM. Reason: adding in the sources of the quotes

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louvre View Post
    Riful was never mentioned as one of the particulary strong dead number one warriors... I haven't seen anyone suggesting that. Hell, it's written on the manga.

The eight are mentioned as warriors who could have had the potential to surpass, or not, Riful, Isley and Luciela, have they had awakened. At the time of her death, she was stronger than any of the eight dead warriors (with the special exception of Theresa, who's true strenght was unknown to the organization).

The eight include Theresa of the Faint Smile. That makes your next argument:

Invalidated by your own theory.

But oh surprise, this chapter brings something that happily concludes the debate:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the power he borrowed from Priscilla's arm to recreate these warriors; after all, it's stated that the awakening is inevitable (even nearly dead Hysteria and Roxanne are able to awaken with the power of THAT arm, not theirs).
    Right, I wasn't thinking about Theresa when I said the revived three were the strongest in the eight people named. What I meant was they were probably only topped by Theresa.

And I do not think that their power comes from Priscilla's arm. Dae did not say that and nowhere was it mentioned in the manga. Priscilla's arm was simply used as the fuel for the resurrection process. Dae just meant that being resurrected claymores, their body types are different and that they are bound to awaken.

I think that "the strength" refers to the 3 no.1's power. When I read the Chinese version the translation made it quite clear that the strength came from the no.1's and not the arm. Of course I am not saying that the Chinese version is right. Gernot is wonderful at what he does, but even he does agree that it's open to interpretation. I am guessing, that what Dae means is that since these no.1's have such massive powers and their yoki has Priscilla's scent (not Priscilla's power), Priscilla will easily sense it.

And I think Dae said it himself. He considered these his best creations -- better than any other claymores. He would have never used them as lure if he didn't see Priscilla's arm and learn that there is something higher. So I do believe that the revived three, when awakened, are stronger than Isley, Riful, and Luciela.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a bit old discussion, but there's some new members here, so here's this theory:

Let's not forget that Priscilla nearly killed Isley with but just a single attack!

Isley the Silver King, had never experienced such power. Isley was traumatized, as for the first time, "his life flashed before his eyes".

He quickly recovered of course and with his quick wits and sharp perception (just like Riful, and even Luciela as well), and saw the change in Priscilla, taking advantage of her (without getting into a separate theory, of Priscilla actually fooling/deceiving Isley, and taking advantage/using him, hehe).

HOWEVER, Priscilla is a "NUKE", and the last thing Isley wants is for "his NUKE" to blow up in his face!

In other words, Isley could never let Priscilla engage in battle (which is possibly the explanation of why he fought Luciela alone), because in doing so, Priscilla could return to her old self, likely not being happy with being Isley's "woman", and thus probably this time, KILL Isley, instead of stoping like she had last time.

But, as a "NUKE", Priscilla was still able to be a "deterant" - No one would dare "march" upon Isley, due to "what" traveled with him (Priscilla). Thus Isley could attack, without fear of counter attack upon him.

He did though still take precautions, by sending 11 of the remaining 23 Pieta ABs to stall A+B+Org and the 12 ABs of the remaining 23 Pieta ABs to stall Riful+Dauf, as he headed to kill Luciela... except he had underestimated Luciela, she was no pushover... (though Rubel would have Rafaela finish off Luciela, unknownst to Isley).

This is quite debatable, but it's possible Isley did intend to send Rigardo to his death along with the 30 ABs. While, Isley definately was shocked by Rigardo dying in the Pieta Battle, even if Clare didn't save the day and kill Rigardo, I believe-theorize that Isley still would have sent Rigardo to the Org HQs, where Awakened Alicia would kill him off anyways, or would have sent him to Riful, who would have killed him off as well.

As Isley did reveal (along with Luciela and Riful supporting this about Isley): ~"I HATE OTHERS"

Though, the big debate is whether Isley hated (and maybe feared a coup by) Rigardo too along with the 30 other ABs, or if he and Rigardo were actually "friends" now - if Isley liked or cared about Rigardo.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 05, 2011 at 04:13 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Love Cassandra. Her character has so many nuances.. beautiful.
    There is this tragic quality to her that makes her stand out character-wise.

Strong single digit, cursed by the technique she invented when in a pinch
    in order to save her comrades, only to have them take their distance from her.
    I also love how Cassandra put Roxanne's technique hunting
    to an end. Being Number 2, the most Roxanne could steal is from Number 1.
    Her disgust over the Dust Eater made her stuck with Number 5's technique.
    Ha!

In terms of power Cassandra reminds me of Hidan from Naruto.
    Between the three resurrected warriors, it's a tie between Cassandra and Hysteria
    for me. Roxanne coming third.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rubel must be happy. As Dae said, the Org was screwed the moment all the warriors rebelled. Rubel just got what he wanted. Of course having three Abyssal Ones ripping the place apart is going to make it even worse for the Org's members. Seems like Nina, Audery, and Racheal are all still alive, and with the shrimps getting them out of there, will probably survive. Although I don't think that they'll have been able to recover all their limbs. Wonder when Tabitha and the others are going to get their. Right now the only valid stratgey is to hope they can run. Or that Claire emerges from the blob instead of Priss, and as some sort of super Claymore.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    Btw was Riful considered one of the strongest 8?
    Quote Originally Posted by Louvre View Post
    Yes, she is.
    No she wasn't...she was the youngest number one in history though..the eight are:

..Teresa of the faint smile
    ..Three Armed Licht,
    ..Lutecia the Universal,
    ..Heavy-Bladed Chloe,
    ..Sistina the Divine Oracle,
    ..Hysteria the Elegant,
    ..Roxanne of Love and Hate, and Cassandra the Dust Eater

on a different note..riful would throw a fit at there being three new rivals if she were still alive

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Or that Claire emerges from the blob as some sort of super Claymore.
    i would die of happiness if this happened, i have followed claymore all these years waiting for this
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I hated this chapter for various reasons the main being ridiculous Miria vs. Hysteria fight. But I don't want to rant too much so here are some other observations after reading a translated chapter:

Spoiler show

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you need to get less literal and just go with the manga. If you want to go nit-picking none of the chapters in the manga will make sense. BTW I believe Dae said that they revived because of Priscilla's arm, or her awakened youki. He said that while they revive with their "shells" and some memories, they are actually completely different beings. Their "awakening" is simply because... well... whatever brought them back was already awakened to begin with.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

>These are not the original three dead warriors, and thus should not be considered as a way to measure the power of these eight particulary strong dead number ones. These "zombie" claymores are moving with the power of Priscilla's arm, nothing more, and nothing else.

And if the revived no.1's powers are not their own but from Priscilla's arm, then there is no point for Dae in picking them in terms of power. Dae could have picked any dead claymore to revive and they would have the power of Priscilla's arm. He said he wanted to keep the 3 no.1's with him forever. He's giving away his most treasured "collections" in exchange for priscilla's appearance. This is a big sacrifice for him. If the revived claymores simply use the power from priscilla's arm, then Dae could have resurrected any dead claymore and the effect will be the same, which leads me to think that "the strength" that he's talking about has to come from the 3 no.1's (since their yoki carries priscilla's scent, the stronger they are, the easier it is for the scent to reach priscilla). So these no.1's are not walking shells and are not zombies. Their current powers are indicative of their powers when they were alive.
    Last edited by columyip; November 05, 2011 at 04:39 PM.

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Epic fight chapter is epic. Miria is a boss while Roxi is batshit insane as she's shown laughing the whole time that Casandra is eating her. We got a hint that Priscilla & Clare may be awakened within the next 3-10(max) chapters.

29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast