Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: The Volume Covers Thread [NEW: Vol. 62!]

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Volume Covers Thread [NEW: Vol. 58!]

i like that naruto new cloak color is orange a mixture of his yellow chakra and kuramas red chakra awesome

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Best cover ever. I love it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Not fond of the color of Naruto's cloak,but the rest of the cover is brilliant.Love the symbolism and composition.
    Eh, it's a chakra cloak, same as his chakra cloak in Kyuubi Chakra Mode. It's exactly what I expected. Personally, I like it.

Last edited by Suzaku; April 24, 2012 at 01:56 PM.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I am totally overwhelmed by the sheer awsomeness of this cover. Same feeling as when I read the first chapter he used this cloack.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

What Gats said. My first reaction was "WOW!", just like in the chapter he first used the cloak. What a beastly cover. Love the symbolism behind the composition of the Bijuu and Naruto's seal. It's so simple compared to Kishi's usual covers, and it's damn sexy. This might be my favorite Naruto cover yet.

I also love that the cloak is confirmed to be orange and black. No random yellow/dark red combo or anything like that. Naruto is supposed to be orange. Especially now that he is cooperating with Kurama.

Was I the only one that got serious Rikudou Sennin wipes from this cover? Naruto is so badass.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Great cover, love how Naruto's cloak is more... Oranger ( is that even a word? lol ) than his chakra mode.
    Regardless of the awesomeness that its Naruto's cloak though the chibi Bijuus really made that cover for me. They are so cute and fluffy and, in Kyuubi's case, fuzzy!

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Eh, it's a chakra cloak, same as his chakra cloak in Kyuubi Chakra Mode. It's exactly what I expected. Personally, I like it.

Spoiler show
    Sorry for this strange post,but I felt like this was the best way to explain myself.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto vol cover 60 looks amazing. But Googlez_Kun drawing of naruto and karuma chakra combine looks godly. I'd cheer that guy on in any fight.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME! AWESOME!!!!!!! color,characters,expressions...everything is perfect. kishi I love you!this cover is magic!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mrlazsa's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

simply love it! naruto looks so much like the sage, and the bijuus are so damn cute, you wouldn't really tell they are powerful beasts, they look more like puppets
    shukaku is a teddy bear
    Last edited by Mrlazsa; May 04, 2012 at 02:56 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

and guys,credits to shonen jump site! they revealed the first chapter (free reading) with the number of chapters. they are obviously 10 http://www.s-manga.net/comics_new/cn..._Qwju9GCN.html

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It always amazes me how the original art is so good compared even to the best scanlation (no offense, I'm aware it's not easy).

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    It always amazes me how the original art is so good compared even to the best scanlation (no offense, I'm aware it's not easy).
    Yeah,it's amazing.I have several japanese volumes at home and the difference is remarkable.It's sad that nobody scans the whole volumes anymore.
    Really looking forward to volume 61 since the especially the latest chapters had strange scanlations,where the lines appeared to be rather thick.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    It's because Weekly Shonen Jump is printed on such cheap, low-quality paper. That's actually also one of the draws of buying the tankobon, which often also featured improvements and corrections to the artwork.

Honestly, ever since I subscribed to Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha, the quality of scanlations is completely unsatisfying. Even though Alpha is slightly smaller resolution, the image quality is so much better that there's just no contest.

I guess that's the big benefit to getting digital images directly from the Japanese editors instead of having to scan and clean them. The color pages are absolutely gorgeous and all that ugly WSJ catch-copy text is removed so that the artwork is presented in full.

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Yeah,it's amazing.I have several japanese volumes at home and the difference is remarkable.It's sad that nobody scans the whole volumes anymore.
    Really looking forward to volume 61 since the especially the latest chapters had strange scanlations,where the lines appeared to be rather thick.
    That's my biggest problems with mangastream's editing. The images are too dark, which makes the halftone look bad and the lines all look too thick. The scans quality is also so poor that they always have to redraw the white lines on black clothes, etc., which never looks as good as Kishimoto's original linework.

Also, people in Japan ARE still scanning the tankobon releases and putting them up on Japanese filesharing services, though the quality isn't always as high as one would hope.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    It's because Weekly Shonen Jump is printed on such cheap, low-quality paper. That's actually also one of the draws of buying the tankobon, which often also featured improvements and corrections to the artwork.

Honestly, ever since I subscribed to Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha, the quality of scanlations is completely unsatisfying. Even though Alpha is slightly smaller resolution, the image quality is so much better that there's just no contest.

I guess that's the big benefit to getting digital images directly from the Japanese editors instead of having to scan and clean them. The color pages are absolutely gorgeous and all that ugly WSJ catch-copy text is removed so that the artwork is presented in full.

That's my biggest problems with mangastream's editing. The images are too dark, which makes the halftone look bad and the lines all look too thick. The scans quality is also so poor that they always have to redraw the white lines on black clothes, etc., which never looks as good as Kishimoto's original linework.

Also, people in Japan ARE still scanning the tankobon releases and putting them up on Japanese filesharing services, though the quality isn't always as high as one would hope.
    about this: you are really right! a friend of mine's mother works in Japan, and I asked her to have her mam buy a shonen jump for me. you can't imagine how bad the drawings are . hence I really have to acknowledge those who clean the scans and post them on the web

New Reply
Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast