Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Thread: The Volume Covers Thread [NEW: Vol. 62!]

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Volume Covers Thread [NEW: Vol. 58!]

even the susanoo isn't so cool,and itachi's pose isn't cool either. he has got a closed eye,and there's the crow.but I wanted the 4 previous kages,nagato and bee too!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

An epic cover that Naruto makes kinda awkward.

Really shoulda had, like, Gaara on the other side, opposite of Naruto, to balance things out.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

This cover should have had both Itachi and Nagato. Way to ditch Nagato even if Itachi played a more important role (and will play a major role in the future). Naruto completely ruins the cover. I agree with slmcknett, if Naruto had to be included on the side like that, then a character should have been added on the left side (Gaara or Nagato) to balance things out. Not among Kishi's best covers, I'm disappointed and that says a lot since I absolutely love Itachi as a character and dig that he's on the cover.

Besides what's the deal with Itachi's Susano'o being colored yellow/gold? Itachi's Susano'o was originally "fixed" in the volume releases by being drawn darker (since it was red), as it was drawn white in the chapter releases of the Brother Battle. However now as an Edo Tensei Itachi's Susano'o was back to being drawn white = gold? It changed colors when he went from pretending-to-be-bad-boy to good boy?
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto is in the cober nvause he does a lot in this volume more then anyone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto should be on the cover, but they should've put Gaara on the other side like everyone has said. As it looks right now It'd be better with just Itachi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    This cover should have had both Itachi and Nagato. Way to ditch Nagato even if Itachi played a more important role (and will play a major role in the future). Naruto completely ruins the cover. I agree with slmcknett, if Naruto had to be included on the side like that, then a character should have been added on the left side (Gaara or Nagato) to balance things out. Not among Kishi's best covers, I'm disappointed and that says a lot since I absolutely love Itachi as a character and dig that he's on the cover.

Besides what's the deal with Itachi's Susano'o being colored yellow/gold? Itachi's Susano'o was originally "fixed" in the volume releases by being drawn darker (since it was red), as it was drawn white in the chapter releases of the Brother Battle. However now as an Edo Tensei Itachi's Susano'o was back to being drawn white = gold? It changed colors when he went from pretending-to-be-bad-boy to good boy?
    The changes in the volume version have nothing to do with "fixing" them to make them darker. It's because adding that much halftone is too time consuming to do with a weekly release. It's common, not just in Naruto, to add a lot of extra halftone in the collected volume releases.

Kishimoto had never drawn Itachi's Susano'o in color before, so the anime coloring it red is their own invention.

In my opinion, the cover should've had Naruto vs Nagato in the foreground. B and Gaara would've been nice, but might have been too much for the composition.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the volume where Susanoo first appeared was released way before the anime got to it. So, the anime already had a reference for it. Just that it wasn't clear whether it was golden or red. Although, Itachi's incomplete Susanoo had some orange-y red color to it, so I'd say it's fairly well done.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That just goes to show how close the anime team is working with Kishimoto.

On another note,did anyone notice that this cover is similiar to this one?:

I think we should not read too much into it,but maybe that's why Naruto was forced onto the cover?To fulfill some kind of symbolism I mean.
    Last edited by Googlez_kun; October 29, 2011 at 07:12 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto here isn't out of place instead of how he was in the cover of volume 56

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    That just goes to show how close the anime team is working with Kishimoto.

On another note,did anyone notice that this cover is similiar to this one?:
    I think we should not read too much into it,but maybe that's why Naruto was forced onto the cover?To fulfill some kind of symbolism I mean.
    Yeah I noticed that, only Sasuke's cover is more badass and overall well done. Danzou and Tobi on the sides really balance out the cover's "weight".

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    The changes in the volume version have nothing to do with "fixing" them to make them darker. It's because adding that much halftone is too time consuming to do with a weekly release. It's common, not just in Naruto, to add a lot of extra halftone in the collected volume releases.

Kishimoto had never drawn Itachi's Susano'o in color before, so the anime coloring it red is their own invention.
    That's true, but that doesn't change my point. Kishi originally drew Itachi's Susano'o in a darker shade signifying a darker color. However I noticed when going back that in the latest Susano'o usage Kishi drew it without a halftone in chapter 551 but with in chapter 552. So it's likely the time factor like you said. Still it's pretty uncommon to draw yellow/gold as a dark color, so it's kind of weird. I would find it odd if he didn't guide the anime in this department too, while it's not necessary it's a pretty major color decision. Either way Itachi's Susano'o looks badass in yellow/gold, and I guess Madara will have a red Susano'o so then they all have their own Susano'o colors. Itachi being a good guy fits with a warm and kind color.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

wait just a moment! the volume should end with chapter 555(according to the number of the pages reported in the shonen jump's site) but in mangafox it ends at chapter 557,as I wished !!! http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/ I hope it's true,how can we check if that is true?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,you can't really trust Mangafox there.I once saw how a series jumped from volume 7 to 12 or something.

Anyway,kuryakin is right,it goes only up to chapter 555.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what a pity! too bad,so sad. kishi has wasted the opportunity to draw itachi and nagato in the same cover,also,that cover is nothing special: as 3c said,the weight of the characters is not balanced.
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; November 11, 2011 at 05:04 PM.

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kuszek's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody have the full cover of volume 58?

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found only this one:
    Spoiler show

Just dll a volume raw and you have it xD
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

New Reply
Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast