Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 62, 63 and 64 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 62, 63 and 64 Discussion/Predictions

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

A summary can be found here.
    Last edited by Kaoz; October 19, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 62, 63 and 64 Discussion/Predictions

Thanks for the Raws Chaos, as it shows in the last page, all of the middle schoolers won right?, and now it's the turn of the top 10 to play, I hope the difference in strength between them and No.11-20 is huge

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally! Now we're getting somewhere. So as it turns out, about half of the previous overseas group was just fodder for the middle-schoolers. No real explanations behind their techniques; just shit we have to handwave as "they can do it 'cuz their awesome." So now, it's time to see the real talent of the U-17's best of the best. I have a feeling that Konomi would spare no time anymore with the U-17 and would quickly move the middle-schoolers up to first string so he can finally get to having them play overseas.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

What pisses me off is that the matches took very little time, but I think Konomi made it like that in order to make long matches with the top 10. And I hope that all the middle schoolers rankings aren't those, Momo and others should aim higher and from No.11-20 should be replaced by other characters.

I love the last page of chapter 64, with Yukimura in the lead, so godlike

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

All the technical oversea have been countered logical victory for middle-schoolers. I hope the top 10 is really much stronger

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was hoping that some of the 11-20 folks would have won their matches, but it is cool to see these guys getting victories, especially guys like Kawamura who don't tend to get a lot of focus. I love the way that the Kawamura/Kabaji doubles match ended.

It's a shame that Yukimura didn't get pushed further, though. I was hoping this would be a chance to actually force him to sweat more and have to evolve somewhat.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

But what I know is that Inui > Renji, altough it wasn't shown his match with Mitsuya, Inui probably defeated him easily, so if he defeated a guy who owned Renji, Inui is way better

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    It's a shame that Yukimura didn't get pushed further, though. I was hoping this would be a chance to actually force him to sweat more and have to evolve somewhat.
    He did. Apparently, he can advance the opponent's case of the Yips into a state at or near the theta stage of brain activity that can cause them to dream (this is just my personal theory; how he does it, idk).

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    But what I know is that Inui > Renji, altough it wasn't shown his match with Mitsuya, Inui probably defeated him easily, so if he defeated a guy who owned Renji, Inui is way better
    By defeating Mitsuya, Inui basically proved himself to be the master of playing tennis with data, so that goes without saying.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that the matches are over, when Konomi finish the top 10 ones, some chars like Kintarou or Oishi / Niou should aim for higher ranks, since they can do it (altough we don't know how powerful the top 10 are)

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    He did. Apparently, he can advance the opponent's case of the Yips into a state at or near the theta stage of brain activity that can cause them to dream (this is just my personal theory; how he does it, idk).

By defeating Mitsuya, Inui basically proved himself to be the master of playing tennis with data, so that goes without saying.
    If Yuki can make the opponent dream, do u think that would work against echizen using PoP or Sanada with Black Aura?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    If Yuki can make the opponent dream, do u think that would work against echizen using PoP or Sanada with Black Aura?
    As far as I'm concerned, the PoP can overcome anything. It's essentially the actualization of the love for tennis which, as far as we know, can even overcome the loss of extreme nervousness (which is what the Yips is at its core). I'm sure that the PoP can cause its invoker to snap out of a daydream (which are 'fragile' anyhow).

As for the 'Black Aura,' I don't even know what that does other than intimidate people, despite the aura being completely metaphysical.

Also, it appears that the 'Vanish' is a powered, high-speed version of the Knuckle Serve.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; October 06, 2011 at 03:59 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the 'Black Aura,' I don't even know what that does other than intimidate people, despite the aura being completely metaphysical.
    Maybe describing it as determination wouldn't be too far off... Sanada broke Yips through sheer will power and that's the way BA was created... also if you think back to Tezuka vs Kite, these auras are visible in PoT... as for what it does, it seems to increase the user's power and, as you said, intimidates the opponent...

EDIT: Vanish seems to be a ground smash that creates a large amount of dust upon landing, making it difficult to spot and react to. After hitting the ground, it indeed has the same path as a Knuckle Serve (or rather, one of it's paths since Knuckle Serve doesn't have a set one).
    Last edited by Kaoz; October 06, 2011 at 04:02 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm concerned, the PoP can overcome anything. It's essentially the actualization of the love for tennis which, as far as we know, can even overcome the loss of extreme nervousness (which is what the Yips is at its core). I'm sure that the PoP can cause its invoker to snap out of a daydream (which are 'fragile' anyhow).

Also, it appears that the 'Vanish' is a powered, high-speed version of the Knuckle Serve.
    Black Aura broke out of Yips.
    But even Black Aura couldnt bring Sanada to Yukimura's level.
    Im hoping Yukimura goes to take out the Top 10.

But this feels too rushed for me.
    Im hating all these One Page Kills.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LJkAze's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice conclusion between Kintarou vs Izou and finally Kintarou breaks through Izou move with a new move? Kage Bunshin no Jutsu? Also Taka-san Never give up last resort Miracle Ball makes a comeback and help them win the match; seriously i think that move is ludicrous and to be able to break one of those light tower then I say that move is way too over power but I guess if it's one time use per match then I guess it's acceptable rofl. As for Irie what in the hell happen; I know he was hiding his true power when facing Atobe but he just beat the living shit out of Akiba with all those leafs on the floor; also he'll be joining 11-20 team. Lastly Yukimura the last time we saw him he was hitting Fuwa with his YIPs but then Fuwa showed his counter Mirror Move that reflects whatever moves that comes at him will reflect back to the user. In chapter 64 page 3 you see first that Yukimura is laying on the ground and Fuwa standing but in the next page it show that Fuwa is laying down and Yukimura standing; so does that mean that Yukimura learn the Mirror Move? Up to this point Yukimura tennis YIPs is his most strongest weapon but also his weakness because what if someone breaks through the YIPs just like how Ryoma did it and Sanada almost as well; but now if he does have the Mirror Move that can help him overcome the YIPs weakness. Even if someone breaks the YIPs which is really hard to do but if someone does Yukimura has backup in the Mirror Move ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid
    Oh really its not the Mirror Move but instead a more upgraded version of YIPs a Dream? Then disappointed kinda wish he acquire that Mirror Move T_T
    Last edited by LJkAze; October 06, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when Sanada broke the Yips, Yukimura easily handled Sanada. He doesnt actually NEED the yips to win.
    Remember he handled Echizen right til he used Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami.
    And Echizen was using the techniques of sooo many others and Yukimura casually handled all of them.

No middle schooler can touch him besides Echizen and Tezuka.
    I dont think he needs this 'Put you to sleep Tennis'.
    Its not like anybody could beat him anyway.

And I dont think its a Mirror move. Yukimura made Fuwa go beyond his Yips and into unconsciousness.
    Im really hoping that the Top 10 matches arent quick One Page Kills and results in Sanada walking in and owning a Top 10 guy.

I dont want Echizen to reach No.1 yet. This is beginning to feel rushed.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I dont want Echizen to reach No.1 yet. This is beginning to feel rushed.
    I predict that Kazuya will play Byoudouin and win in a close match, whereas Echizen will lose to No. 4, and Yamato will win against No. 10.
    Afterwards, Byoudouin will try to reclaim his spot by challenging No. 4, but will lose 0-6... we will get some flashback to explain why Yamato is playing, despite saying that the match against Tezuka was his retirement match, and Yamato will challenge Echizen to pass him some other message.

That way, several goals get accomplished. Kazuya becomes No. 1 for at least a bit, No. 4 gets established as the new person to beat and Echizen can receive a larger upgrade through Yamato.

Or something along those lines...

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast