Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.



    A summary can be found here.

    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1266451674#sub (scroll down to posts 44&45)

  2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Thanks Chaos for the raws. It seems we are going to see some middle schoolers against the top 10. I think the best ones for battling them are echizen, sanada, atobe, kaidou, shiraishi and akutsu. I don't see kite, tanishi, gin, marui or tachibana beating them, because they're too far from their level, I don't think none of them can hit 5 balls at the same time (except Tanishi, however, he is too weak to be a top 10, altough seeing guys like kabaji or kawamura on the first string, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it).


    Furthermore, next month we should see more of Tezuka in Germany, so it should be interesting if he is going to be in the German team. And in the end of ch. 66, Echizen can hit 7 balls, and when he says to add 5 more, it seems that he can hit 10 at the same time, putting him at Tokugawa's level or even better. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by LetalHawk; November 06, 2011 at 04:55 AM.

  4. #3
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    It seems we are going to see some middle schoolers against the top 10.
    I think it's very much implied that not only the top 10 will play, but that there will be a shuffle match for every position. In other words, a total of 20 matches (I believe them to be singles).

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Furthermore, next month we should see more of Tezuka in Germany, so it should be interesting if he is going to be in the German team.
    Yeah. I wonder whether we'll get to see a complete chapter dedicated to him, or whether his story will be shown one page per month like this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And in the end of ch. 66, Echizen can hit 7 balls, and when he says to add 5 more, it seems that he can hit 10 at the same time, putting him at Tokugawa's level or even better. What do you guys think?
    Tokugawa beat Echizen with just basic tennis when they played, so even if Echizen has caught up in this particular aspect, I believe Tokugawa still has some sort of special ability he hasn't used yet, which would make him > Echizen again.

    Something interesting to note is that Tokugawa and Echizen seem to use the exact same motion when they hit 5 at once.




    Quote Quote:
    Kimijima: …Well then, my offer is that I will create a match order and include the middle schoolers this one time.

    [...]

    Tomorrow morning we will have a Shuffle Match to determine the All Japan Representatives!!
    As I mentioned above, I think this implies that we get to see shuffle matches for each position, with the line-ups being adjusted to include the MSers.

    So the 1st Stringer's line-up would be:

    Spoiler show


    Based on that I think that some doubles pairs will only have one player advance, I furthermore think that we will only see singles shuffle matches. My prediction for the 2nd Stringer's line-up is this...

    Spoiler show



    So yeah, what do you guys think? Who will face who and who will be the winners?

  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Well, seeing as they already become first stringers, I think that some players like Momo, Inui, Yukimura, Oishi, Niou, Tooyama and Irie will win and stay as first stringers.

    The other ones (Kawamura, Kabaji ) should be replaced. Altough if we get to see Gin vs Kawamura, I hope that Kawamura wins returning Gin's hadoukyuus seeing that he improved dramatically on power.

    Tachibana vs Kintarou: Kintarou wins. No doubt. He is above him in speed, power, and stamina.
    Kite vs Momo: Momo, his black jack knife is very powerful, so I don't know how Kite can return it

    And Echizen and Sanada will win and become top 10, Fuji also. They have great potential to make it.

    And why Jirou vs Yukimura? Yukimura can own everybody except Echizen and Sanada, so is useless to make him play because we know that he will win. Also, Inui vs Renji is useless, Renji was owned by Mitsuya and don't know why he got the badge since it was Inui who defeated him. So easy win for Inui here.

    About Tokugawa and Echizen, yes we don't know Tokugawa's true abilities, but if he has some ability, Echizen has TnK, that makes him superior
    Last edited by LetalHawk; November 06, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

  6. #5
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And why Jirou vs Yukimura? Yukimura can own everybody except Echizen and Sanada, so is useless to make him play because we know that he will win. Also, Inui vs Renji is useless, Renji was owned by Mitsuya and don't know why he got the badge since it was Inui who defeated him. So easy win for Inui here.
    Except Sanada? Its not confirmed yet. Its shown Yukimura also improved.

    Im wondering why Yukimura cant climb to the Top 10.
    I cant see any middle schoolers near his level besides Echizen and Yukimura either.

    Also, with Tanishi and Ishida. I dont see them becoming 1st Stringers at all.
    But if Oishi is put forward for a Singles match, then he's gonna get RoflStomped.

    Also, we dont know if Echizen can tap into TMnK at will yet, only Tezuka was seen doing it against Fuji.
    Echizen has only done it in desperation.


    And LOL, Why did Inui hand his No.17 Badge to Yanagi? Yanagi couldnt even earn it haha.

    I also wonder if, Konomi will have the Final 1st Stringer list in terms of strength.
    If so, Yukimura and Sanada will DEFINETELY be in Top 10. And Kawamura and Kabaji will be ousted, along with Oishi, and Tanishi shouldnt even make the Top 10.

  7. #6
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Tachibana vs Kintarou: Kintarou wins. No doubt. He is above him in speed, power, and stamina.
    I mainly put Tachibana there because Kintarou didn't get a real upgrade in his match against Hakamada, and I was hoping that he'd get Moujuu. I can't really think of other upgrades he could get tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And why Jirou vs Yukimura? Yukimura can own everybody except Echizen and Sanada, so is useless to make him play because we know that he will win.
    Same reason as above...

    http://translations.shamannet.com/?p=296
    Quote Quote:
    Who else can probably hold Ten’imuhou no Kiwami

    To Reach the top which is said to surpass Muga, Kintarou and Jirou have the promise and the latent potentials due to enjoying tennis form the very bottom of their hearts.
    Some method to defeat a weaker TnK is the only upgrade I can think of for Yukimura atm, and Jirou is the only one he can play that can potentially get TnK at the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Also, Inui vs Renji is useless, Renji was owned by Mitsuya and don't know why he got the badge since it was Inui who defeated him. So easy win for Inui here.
    I disagree. Mitsuya had all of Yanagi's data when they played, and Inui got Mitsuya's data from watching Yanagi's match, while Mitsuya had no data on Inui. I don't think you can reach any conclusions about Inui's and Yanagi's relative strength from that match.

    Also I guess that Inui gave Yanagi the badge because he couldn't have won without Yanagi letting him collect Mitsuya's data.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    About Tokugawa and Echizen, yes we don't know Tokugawa's true abilities, but if he has some ability, Echizen has TnK, that makes him superior
    I will gladly argue that Echizen cannot activate TnK willingly. If you disagree, how do you think Kazuya destroyed him?

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    I don't disagree, he lost because he didn't go all-out actually, in fact, he could have used Hyakuren and Saiki but I don't think he did. Plus he will need to activate TnK at will at some point.

    Also, that Jirou has potential to get TnK doesn't mean that if he unlocks it beats Yuki, since Yukimura could blast him out even with him using it. He returned TnK Echizen shots, so I think that he wouldn't have to much problem beating him. He needs to be a top 10.

    Finally, Tanishi,Kite and Gin won't win against a top 10, I don't see them at all.

    And I forgot that Inui collected Mitsuya's data, but appart from that, I see Inui above Renji. Inui is for sure the strongest data player in Japan, so I see him perfectly being a first stringer. If you disagree tell me why

  9. #8
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I don't disagree, he lost because he didn't go all-out actually, in fact, he could have used Hyakuren and Saiki but I don't think he did. Plus he will need to activate TnK at will at some point.
    Why didn't he go all-out? He came to the camp in order to challenge HSers, and he didn't know of the secret camp when he played Kazuya, so he had to assume this was the only match he'd get.

    It makes far more sense to say he couldn't activate those moves, instead of he chose not to.

    And yes, he will need to activate it at will at some point, but I would say that point is in the distant future, possibly during the last or second to last match of the series.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Also, that Jirou has potential to get TnK doesn't mean that if he unlocks it beats Yuki, since Yukimura could blast him out even with him using it. He returned TnK Echizen shots, so I think that he wouldn't have to much problem beating him. He needs to be a top 10.
    Technically, he only returned them after Echizen slowed down. Furthermore, we don't know how much Jirou can get out of TnK, and he is the only opponent I can think of that would give Yukimura some chance to evolve.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Finally, Tanishi,Kite and Gin won't win against a top 10, I don't see them at all.
    Neither do I. I think they'll lose, so that their opponents can improve.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And I forgot that Inui collected Mitsuya's data, but appart from that, I see Inui above Renji. Inui is for sure the strongest data player in Japan, so I see him perfectly being a first stringer. If you disagree tell me why
    I don't disagree, but we can clearly see that Yanagi has the No. 17 badge. In other words, Inui has to play someone from the 1st String in order to get his own, and Yanagi vs Inui seems like the most likely possibility.

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    I just hope that Inui becomes a first stringer. He is a very formidable player.

    Echizen probably couldn't use muga at all, but if he has to use TnK it has to be during the last matches of the world tournament

  11. #10
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    I don't disagree, but we can clearly see that Yanagi has the No. 17 badge. In other words, Inui has to play someone from the 1st String in order to get his own, and Yanagi vs Inui seems like the most likely possibility.
    But Konomi has never really done an official rematch of an official match. So im not sure there.
    Either way, us as the readers know Inui would win. It wouldnt be fun to watch.

    And why wont Kite win? Kite is pretty good!
    He can appear ANYWHERE on the court at top speed!
    And his Big Bang serve isnt exactly easy to return. I think it would be close!

  12. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    His big bang serve is easy to return, it's not a hard serve to return, and the sukuchihou can't work if the opponent hits a very strong shot or accurate shot that Kite won't return or reach. The top 10 will have these kind of shots, so I think is useless to make him win. He it's not that important in my opinion

  13. #12
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Wrong there, Tsubame Gaeshi and Higuma Otoshi were accurate shots and hard to reach. But it allows him to teleport ANYWHERE since his shukichiho was different to everybody elses. If Hirakoba could teleport to where Higuma landed and teleported to the end of Tsubame to get it just off the ground, then Kite's Shukuchiho is more than capable.

    Big Bang cant be easy to return. If Chinen and Tanishi were at 17-15 on tie-break, Since Tanishi cant do much besides hit a Big Bang, then im guessing he aced Chinen 15 times.
    Who isnt exactly crap. (Yeah he was missing in the match against Fuji/Kawamura lol) But he ended Aoi more convicingly than Kaido.
    Dont forget he had Echizen struggling for a few games (A few since Echizen was pretending).

    Point is, Kite isnt someone you can group with Tanishi and Ishida. He is easily Tachibana/Inui/Chitose level.
    If Konomi hands him his deserved power-up, then damn. other characters will be damned.

  14. #13
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Hirakoba returned Tsubame Gaeshi because it was incomplete. Fuji used it against a Habu, but Fuji found out the hard way that it was not fully a topspin. So it did not have enough spin to roll. I'm guessing Habu has a secondary spin to it. Imagine how the Earth orbits the sun yet it still rotates itself for day/night cycle. So the spin keeps alternating. When Fuji used Tsubame Gaeshi the ball was at it's topspin-sidespin point, so the topspin could not be fully utilised.
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; November 07, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  15. #14
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MochiRoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Echizen probably couldn't use muga at all, but if he has to use TnK it has to be during the last matches of the world tournament
    I'm pretty much sure that Ryoma can use Muga No Kyouchi whenever he needs to. He used it naturally against Atobe and Kin-chan. It's TnK that, I think we can all agree, that he can't activate willingly.

  16. #15
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 65 and 66 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Hirakoba returned Tsubame Gaeshi because it was incomplete. Fuji used it against a Habu, but Fuji found out the hard way that it was not fully a topspin. So it did not have enough spin to roll. I'm guessing Habu has a secondary spin to it. Imagine how the Earth orbits the sun yet it still rotates itself for day/night cycle. So the spin keeps alternating. When Fuji used Tsubame Gaeshi the ball was at it's topspin-sidespin point, so the topspin could not be fully utilised.
    Well, even if the Tsubame Gaeshi was perfect, because of the Shukuchihou, Hirakoba could have easily returned it before it hit the ground, no?

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuca View Post
    I'm pretty much sure that Ryoma can use Muga No Kyouchi whenever he needs to. He used it naturally against Atobe and Kin-chan. It's TnK that, I think we can all agree, that he can't activate willingly.
    Indeed. Though thinking about it a bit more, the same arguments I've been making against TnK so far can almost all be applied to Hyakuren and Saiki as well. With Saiki, you even get the fact that he didn't have the aura when using it against Yukimura.

    http://read.mangashare.com/Prince-of...3/page016.html

    As you can see, it's only Hyakuren's aura. This might be a simple screw up but who knows, maybe he was just bluffing.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts