Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 62, 63 and 64 Discussion/Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 62, 63 and 64 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Lol you read my mind, I think Kimijima is a data player because of his appearance. I'm looking foward to what are his true skills and what he can do. I recognize he is very strong, but I think that putting him at Tezuka or Yuki's level is a bit exaggerated, don't you think?
    Maybe not Tezuka/Yuki level but hopefully Kite level.
    Im tired of people like Kabaji winning.
    I dont like the idea of Kabaji being the No.13 of the All-Japan Juniors. It just doesnt seem right.
    Hopefully someone else like Fuji or Shiraishi swiftly takes it from him.

I really wanna see more High Schoolers that dont suck.
    Hara and Taira were so disappointing. They started off so cool.
    And I bet Konomi is not gonna use them again and is gonna make them fodder :/

I hope Kimijima is given full screen time and is not a Data player. It would be nice to see him bring out an aura or something.
    Im tired of all this Data Tennis for now.

But I think that rather than a new counter, he needs an upgrade on his stats (I'm saying he needs a new Muga aura, like Hyakuren), because if all of his counters are broken, what can he do?. And if he gets an upgrade, he would surpass Shiraishi, the gauntlet thing isn't enough to beat a genius like Fuji
    Well, Konomi has kind of shown that there are only a few beast middle schoolers. At the end of Part I the beast group, or group that would get chosen for an U-14 team of 3rd Years would be:
    Tezuka, Yukimura, Sanada, Atobe, Shiraishi, Fuji and the other two would be out of: Akutsu, Chitose, Tachibana or Kite.

They were the beast 3rd years. With the 6 I mentioned first being a world above the rest.

Then he kinda specified in Part II now that its kinda like :Tezuka, Yukimura. then its Sanada, Atobe. then its :Shiraishi, Fuji.

I reckon Konomi will keep Shiraishi and Fuji roughly same level.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. August 4th)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    What he did wasn't the 'Final Hadokyuu' he used to beat Gin - it was the 108th-Degree Hadokyuu, which is Gin's [strongest] move, after doing the 25th-Degree Hadokyuu and seeing that it wouldn't help much.

In other words, we may assume that Kawamura has learned all 108 degrees.
    It wasnt. Gin says ''this is past my 108 degrees!!!'' and its like 120 or something. He panics. Snaps his ligaments in his arm or something.
    Game Set Kawamura.

I dont remember Kawamura specifying his his degrees of Hadoukyu.
    He had :Two-Handed Hadoukyu, Hadoukyu, Dash Hadoukyu, Jump Hadouykyu(Anime-Only), Final Hadoukyu.

He has used Final Hadoukyu twice now. Remember how he stares at the ball when he serves it, like he might die or something?
    Thats to show its Final Hadoukyu.

Like I said again:
    I just hope Date and Ban done become fodder, coz they looked BADASS.
    Along with Taira, Hara, Mitsuya, Hakamada and the Mutsu Twins I REALLY hope they dont become fodder aswell.

Especially Taira, Hara and Mitsuya since they are younger than High School 3rd Years so they should have been in the nationals same time as when Yukimura and Sanada won in their Freshman year.

I dont care much about Fuwa and Akiba considering they showed NO hope of fighting back.

and I'd love a Its just I'd love to see Date have a match with someone like Sanada or Hiyoshi or Kirihara.
    Or a Hara VS Zaizen future captain and old captain.

Or Taira VS Shiraishi would be just the same as Yamato VS Tezuka. I would like that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Kimijima will be much more stronger than Kite, maybe he has some auras of Muga and powerful techniques. If he is a top 10, he is one of the best players, so he has to be amazing techniques. On the other hand, I think that Fuji has to surpass Shiraishi fully, I mean, don't put them at the same level, if Fuji surpasses him, it has to be definitely, remember Fuji has more latent potential than Shiraishi (lol), so his improvement will be more amazing

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Other players like Shiraishi could battle for spots with Momo, or a doubles pair with Oishi/Niou (altough I recognize that Oishi Niou is a better pair than Oishi/Kikumaru). After all, all the middle schoolers aim to become first stringers, so they would constantly be battling each other, up to the point when the team is ready and goes to fight other countries (lol I want to know how good are the other country players, specially if Japan faces a team like Saudi arabia like captain tsubasa world youth, with those things in their heads lol)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we can continue all of that here, no need to keep it in the spoiler thread...

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Kimijima will be much more stronger than Kite, maybe he has some auras of Muga and powerful techniques. If he is a top 10, he is one of the best players, so he has to be amazing techniques. On the other hand, I think that Fuji has to surpass Shiraishi fully, I mean, don't put them at the same level, if Fuji surpasses him, it has to be definitely, remember Fuji has more latent potential than Shiraishi (lol), so his improvement will be more amazing
    Thats what I was thinking too.
    But then, look at No.s 11 - 20.
    They sucked eggs.

The Mutsu Twins couldnt even Find a way to win without Synchro. Meaning that Synchro is STILL the most powerful doubles technique.

Taira and Hara were overpowered even though they began completely walking over Momoshiro/Kenya.
    All coz of just 1 technique. They couldnt even do anyhting agains that ONE technqiue.
    Fuwa just got stamped on. He got blinded, then put to sleep. THROUGH TENNIS by Yukimura.
    Akiba fell for Irie's acting.
    Hakamada stands no chance against Tooyama who I think is like Kid Goku from DBZ playing Tennis.

We only have Date and Ban who showed that they could defeat their opponents in Singles matches.
    Date and Ban were the only players that were badass.
    And Mitsuya who tore apart Yanagi.

Unfortunately Konomi has made 2nd Stringers like Oni, Tokugawa and Yamato stronger than the No.11s - 20.

Considering how Date and Ban completely destroyed Nakagauchi and Miyako who were actually good players, It whould mean the Top10 are stong.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; October 08, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Thats what I was thinking too.
    But then, look at No.s 11 - 20.
    They sucked eggs.

The Mutsu Twins couldnt even Find a way to win without Synchro. Meaning that Synchro is STILL the most powerful doubles technique.

Taira and Hara were overpowered even though they began completely walking over Momoshiro/Kenya.
    All coz of just 1 technique. They couldnt even do anyhting agains that ONE technqiue.
    Fuwa just got stamped on. He got blinded, then put to sleep. THROUGH TENNIS by Yukimura.
    Akiba fell for Irie's acting.
    Hakamada stands no chance against Tooyama who I think is like Kid Goku from DBZ playing Tennis.

We only have Date and Ban who showed that they could defeat their opponents in Singles matches.
    Date and Ban were the only players that were badass.
    And Mitsuya who tore apart Yanagi.

Unfortunately Konomi has made 2nd Stringers like Oni, Tokugawa and Yamato stronger than the No.11s - 20.

Considering how Date and Ban completely destroyed Nakagauchi and Miyako who were actually good players, It whould mean the Top10 are stong.
    But I think it's nice the middle schoolers won, this way, other middle schoolers can fight for their positions. On the other hand, replacing the top 10 is going to be harder due to their skill level, but I think that maybe in 6 months or less we can have some middle schoolers there (Echizen, Sanada, Yuki, Fuji).

Akutsu will become a top 10, absolutely, we haven't seen yet his skills but since he improved greatly, I won't be surprised if he manages to do it in a short time.

Also, when do u guys think that Tezuka will come back?. Personally, I think that maybe before the world tournament starts or if not in the finals as a replacement

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

But I think it's nice the middle schoolers won, this way, other middle schoolers can fight for their positions. On the other hand, replacing the top 10 is going to be harder due to their skill level, but I think that maybe in 6 months or less we can have some middle schoolers there (Echizen, Sanada, Yuki, Fuji).
    Well for me, Im expecting Atobe, Sanada, Fuji, Yukimura, Shiraishi to join the Top 10.
    But I dont get Tokugawa, Irie or Oni.
    They were stronger than Atobe, Tooyama Echizen. Surely they getting Top10 spots too?

And yeah, as long as Konomi intends to make the MANY players stronger than Kawamura, Kabaji, Oishi etc. challenge them for their places and not leave Kabaji as the No.13 then thats fine.
    Coz Konomi has so much room for all these characters to have more Singles matches.
    We are still yet to see Kenya, Mukahi, Marui, Jackal, Yagyuu, Zaizen, Hirakoba in Singles matches.
    I thought the whole point of continuing the series was for the fans' love of the characters.

Akutsu will become a top 10, absolutely, we haven't seen yet his skills but since he improved greatly, I won't be surprised if he manages to do it in a short time.
    Considering he went to the USA briefly to train, came back to Japan and claims he only accepted his All-Japan Juniors invitation just to defeat Echizen.
    And the fact that he watched Echizen miraculously defeat the strongest middle schooler Yukimura at the Nationals with TMnK and he still feels he can defeat Echizen.

Akutsu had better be given a full singles match where he utterly defeats someone.
    I dont care who. Middle schooler, Top 10, Top 20, 2nd Stringer anyone. I just wanna see him defeat someone in a full match that would take at least an episode.

Also, when do u guys think that Tezuka will come back?. Personally, I think that maybe before the world tournament starts or if not in the finals as a replacement
    Whenever Tezuka leaves, its to allow other rivals to reach his beast level. So once all Seigaku members get there power-ups, And perhaps when other rivals like Akutsu, Kite, The Two Wings of Kyushu get their pwer-ups, then we should probably see Tezuka again.
    Hmm.....
    It depends if there will be another Foreign expedtion.
    Since they just came back from one, I expected the Chapters 1-100 to be all about what happens in the camp.
    And perhaps maybe after Chapter 150+ there might be possibilty of facing like South Korea etc.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Echizen is on another league different than Akutsu, he is way better, also , I don't see Akutsu countering tenimuhou, since is the ultimate technique in POT

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It wasnt. Gin says ''this is past my 108 degrees!!!'' and its like 120 or something. He panics. Snaps his ligaments in his arm or something.
    Game Set Kawamura.

I dont remember Kawamura specifying his his degrees of Hadoukyu.
    He had :Two-Handed Hadoukyu, Hadoukyu, Dash Hadoukyu, Jump Hadouykyu(Anime-Only), Final Hadoukyu.

He has used Final Hadoukyu twice now. Remember how he stares at the ball when he serves it, like he might die or something?
    Thats to show its Final Hadoukyu.
    Maybe it's the way I worded it, but I don't think you're understanding what I said. In the raws of Chapter 62, Kawamura is seen using the 25th-Degree Hadokyuu, and I know this to be true because I can read Chinese numbers. Meaning, somewhere before this match, he learned the other degrees of the Hadokyuu technique. He even says "25th-Degree Hadokyuu!" But it doesn't do much when he fires it. So, in Chapter 63, he figures that his best bet is to try the 108th-Degree Hadokyuu, and he fires it, crashing the stadium lights in the process. That's what happened in this match. He did the 108th-degree; he didn't do the 'Final Hadokyuu' that surpasses the 108th-degree.

Some time during in his training at the U-17 camp, Kawamura, similar to how he learned the original Hadokyuu from Tetsu Ishida, had learned the various degrees of Hadokyuu from Gin Ishida. That's what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; October 08, 2011 at 10:59 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Echizen is on another league different than Akutsu, he is way better, also , I don't see Akutsu countering tenimuhou, since is the ultimate technique in POT
    Well Konomi has included Akutsu pointlessly if Akutsu hasnt dramatically improved.
    Their match finished 6-4 last time.

Even if they dont play again, Akutsu saw PoP. So if he still thinks he can defeat Echizen then he must have improved again.
    Remember he NEVER practised to reach the level he was. So after practice in USA im sure he will be awesome upon his return.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Kawamura is really hated. I like him, always considereded far better than Momo and even Kaidoh, and someone key in Seigaku team who simply didn't get too many oportunities. His tennis is simple, OK, but sometimes that is an advantage.
    I don't know if genius like Fuji or Shiraishi could return Kawa's (or Gin's, or Kintaroh's) super powerful shots and serves. You can have an amazing Hakugei or Bible Tennis, but if your rival gives you an absolutely brutal serve or return ace, what could you do?
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    I think that Kawamura is really hated. I like him, always considereded far better than Momo and even Kaidoh, and someone key in Seigaku team who simply didn't get too many oportunities. His tennis is simple, OK, but sometimes that is an advantage.
    I don't know if genius like Fuji or Shiraishi could return Kawa's (or Gin's, or Kintaroh's) super powerful shots and serves. You can have an amazing Hakugei or Bible Tennis, but if your rival gives you an absolutely brutal serve or return ace, what could you do?
    I'm with you dude, totally, Fuji or Shiraishi can't stand a chance against a 108th hadoukyuu or even 20th hadoukyuu. Considering Gin and Kawamura can use up to 108th style, I don't think they would have a problem against geniuses. Sure Fuji has counters and all, but I think some of them wouldn't work, if taka breaks kirin otoshi and houou gaeshi, or hakuryu, what would fuji do?. Also, due to Kawamura's way greater power, Fuji's grip would weaken dramatically, up to the point that holding the racket would be a huge pain, so we can't underestimate Kawamura's power and true skill

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you dude, totally, Fuji or Shiraishi can't stand a chance against a 108th hadoukyuu or even 20th hadoukyuu. Considering Gin and Kawamura can use up to 108th style, I don't think they would have a problem against geniuses. Sure Fuji has counters and all, but I think some of them wouldn't work, if taka breaks kirin otoshi and houou gaeshi, or hakuryu, what would fuji do?. Also, due to Kawamura's way greater power, Fuji's grip would weaken dramatically, up to the point that holding the racket would be a huge pain, so we can't underestimate Kawamura's power and true skill
    Kawamura is super-underrated. Seigaku's' baggage, what? All he has to do is fire off the Dash Hadokyuu and the 'geniuses' will have trouble. Even Fuji admitted that he was envious of Kawamura's power when they were younger.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Kawamura is super-underrated. Seigaku's' baggage, what? All he has to do is fire off the Dash Hadokyuu and the 'geniuses' will have trouble. Even Fuji admitted that he was envious of Kawamura's power when they were younger.
    Yeah, so did Tezuka, even Tezuka admitted that he wanted to have Kawa's power. And if he can control the styles of Hadoukyuu, he could defeat players like Shiraishi, Kite, or even give a proper match to Gin, I just hope that Kawamura aims higher and becomes a top 10, and gives the No.12 spot to another character

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast