Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    BTW, does anyone know what Aika's profile say about her?
    She's Yu's classmate, a daughter of the Chinese Restaurant "Aiya"(?) in the Inaba central arcade area.
    She normally helps out at her restaurant. While she's a shy girl, the completeness of her works proves her as a professional.
    Lately, she also starts out the delivery service.

Just my translation... .-.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad news: apparently, the animation is going to be terrible for episodes 2 and 3. From what I got from google translation, the animators are complaining that they're not getting paid and are being bullied by the anime studio.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What?! What kind of situation is that? So strange. I'm not blaming them that their uncomfortable situation would affect the quality of their works, but to let such matters affect the anime itself... So sad. >__<

I hope this get sorted soon, or we won't get anywhere with this anime.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've read on animesuki, ASTA has a bad reputation for being an animation workshop. More info from one of the animators. He really hates working for ASTA. >.>

However, I found this text on 2ch and it looks like episodes 4 and 5 look promising...

Quote Quote:
    536 :風の谷の名無しさん@実況は実況板で:2011/10/09(日) 21:48:33.48 ID:0QxQEXbq0

2話 柿原 吉川 古川 河合と岡山 3 広田 松本 植田 松井と下川 4 熊谷 平井平井 宇佐美と道解 5 柿原 政木 政木 湖川と可児 4話と5話は期待できそう。

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...I get the "chapter 4-5 will be promising" part, but what's with that...long list of names(?) before it...? -.-"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know either. It might be the storyboard writers or animators in charge of that episodes. :/

---------- Post added October 12, 2011 at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was October 09, 2011 at 09:32 AM ----------

I found these screenshots on 2ch. I believe that they're from the OP:

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

LJ user moonsceptor has posted the OP here

---------- Post added October 13, 2011 at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was October 12, 2011 at 06:54 PM ----------

Episode 2 was entertaining to watch. The pace was much better and the animation didn't look that bad the way it was being reported (though some of the animation look kinda derpy in some scenes).

I felt sorry for Yosuke after he found out that his crush, Saki, was killed and how she and the other Junes employees really felt about him. It was hard for him to accept that fact, which I have to admit that I would have difficulty as well. Luckily, Yu was there to save his skin and knocked some sense into him literally. I found Yu's reaction amusing after he realized that he punched Yosuke ("Oops, wrong guy.") Since Yosuke now has a Persona as well, it would make exploring the TV world easier.

Chie's reactions were priceless. At first she was apprehensive about Yosuke's idea of exploring the TV world, then she was upset when she thought she lost the boys forever, next she was relieved after they came back, and finally she was upset again because they caused her to panic. I love how she blackmail them to buy her food especially her favorite, beefsteak. LOL

Oh, and it looks like Yu has boosted up his courage. It makes sense since he agreed to go back to the TV world even though it could be dangerous. His understanding and expression might get an upgrade as well after he talked to Yosuke about accepting what his Shadow was telling him.

The OP and ED sequences were pretty good as well. I like how the OP was a reference to the game OP and the song was very catchy. The ED with the tarot cards spinning around Yu implies about his Wild Card ability though it remains to be seen whether or not he can change personas still. I don't know if anyone notices but Yu was holding the Magician arcana since the Fool arcana was spinning along with the other ones. IMO, the ED will reveal more of the tarot cards but I wonder if they will do it in order or based on Yu's establishing a relationship with a character.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by riki; October 12, 2011 at 09:33 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seen episode 2~

I think somehow the color of their faces is better than at the first episode. I enjoyed the episode more than the previous one. I agree that Chie is so funny; I especially like when they returned from the Midnight Channel and demanded ten steaks + beef noodle from Yosuke and Yu. Then her forgiveness face. Complete cuteness, though her image should be somehow tomboyish. XD

Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching both the first and second episodes I can safely say that I love this show! Just as much as I loved the game! If there was anything wrong with it, it would only be the fast pacing (which I know is going to improve in the following episodes seeing as the beginning of the game is quite big) and some minor stuff like the weird colours (which are now better) and how noticeable the stitching on their uniforms is. I love how close the anime is to the games, be it the music, the MC's stats showing up in the eyecatches, the day transitions, etc... I so cannot wait to see Kanji's storyline (which is something that's not really focused so much in video games) and Teddy's "reveal" (game players know what I'm talking about ). I'm also really liking the voice work, even though I miss the English voices. Persona 4 is one of those rare cases in which the dub is actually better (even though when I first started the game I desperately searched for a way to change the voices into Japanese xD).

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...All I have to say, I think it's actually better than I thought, taken all the sayings about episode 2-3 is going to be bad because of the anime studio problem and such. >.>"

Somehow, I find it funny how Commie sticks with how they call each other from the Japanese (with their last names), yet get those stupid bear puns thingy in though. Not like it matters to me at least since that's how Japanese works and I don't want to even touch the English game myself (I watched some scenes and felt that it's not even half as good as the Japanese original. But again, I'm biased since I'm a seiyuu fangirl and love P4 Japanese cast), but I thought English players don't like it when Yousuke got called as "Hanamura" instead and such? -_-"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@phio
    Yes, Yosuke's arcana is Magician. ^^

@Ju-da-su
    I don't mind but then I don't know about other players. I really don't mind the English voices (though most people seem to hate Chie's but I think she sounds fine), but it took awhile for me to get used to the Japanese ones.

I hope in the next episode that Sentai Filmwork will update Yu's stats in the eyecatch. They still have him listed as "Coward" even though it moves up one spot.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chie's voice is kinda strange for me because I thought her personality is tomboyish. Her voice is more towards feminine rather than tomboy. XD I remember that I like her English voice in game because I think it matched her personality. But not that I mind it very much; it makes Chie into an interesting character IMO. ^^

And I agree with Ju-da-su that the animation wasn't as bad as expected because of the fight. Maybe they have solved the problems?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Either that or it was deeply exaggerated

---------- Post added October 20, 2011 at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was October 16, 2011 at 09:46 AM ----------

I just watched episode three and I really enjoyed it.

Yu was so hilarious with his deadpanning (e.g. "I wish I taped it" and "It's making me cry"). I also love his reaction when he saw Yukiko's appearance on the Midnight Channel. Imagine...

Spoiler show

And it looks like his Understanding and Knowledge increased this week (and yay, they translated the Courage part correctly). His personality is slowly revealing itself to the audience when he interacted with the other characters. It looks like they introduced the other social links (the boys in the sport clubs and the girl hanging the poster on the bulletin board) to Yu; too bad he decided not to join any of the clubs yet.

Spoiler: ? for the gamers show

However, I think Chie has the most character development in this episode, which makes sense since it was mostly about her. I like how the animators showed how Chie and Yukiko met each other. Even though they're best friends, it seems that there were some lingering jealousy/resentment that each of them felt about the other. Like Yosuke, Chie refused to accept that her shadow was telling her the truth until Yu and Yosuke encourage her to accept it. Since it looked like Yosuke has changed after accepting his shadow, I bet Chie will too.

The battle was so epic in this episode. This time, the boys not only have to face off against Chie's shadow but they have to battle other shadows as well. They have a difficult time battling Chie's shadow, who was more dangerous and aggressive than Yosuke's. Luckily Yu has the Wild Card ability so he was able to change his persona to a one who has a fire spell, which was shadow!Chie's weakness. I love Yosuke and Teddie's reactions when they saw Yu's new persona. ^^ I was also thrilled to see an all-out attack; I bet next week will have Chie participating in it as well.

Next week looks like they're going to try to save Yukiko. Oh, it looks like they added a new tarot card in the ED; so it WAS based on Yu's making a new bond.
    Last edited by riki; October 20, 2011 at 06:59 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Agi! Garu! Kind of wished they'd said that when casting spells . I like how Yu is a deadpan snarker in the anime. The Chie and Yukiko scenes that were added were great. And seeing Yosuke holding Chie made me wonder if the anime would explore romances between the party members. It was also cool that we got to see some of the other social link characters. Will Yu develop bonds with all of them?

By the way, did anyone notice the teacher cameos during the assembly scene in episode 2? I hope we get to see some of class sessions!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC, I think some of the dialogue choices in the game implies that you can make him snarky (of course, that would lower his friendship with the others). It would be interesting if the anime include romantic relationship but I think a lot of shipping fans will not be happy if they don't pick their faves. From the way it looks, Yu will definitely befriend the ones at school and if the animators/director manage their time correctly.

Yep, I saw the teachers during the assembly in the last episode. Hopefully they will make more appearances in later episodes; maybe in episode 5 since it looks like they're focusing on rescuing Yukiko in the next one.

Oh, a question for all of the gamers - which persona from the Chariot arcana do you think Yu will summon?
    Last edited by riki; October 21, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... I can see him summoning Eligor, maybe even Ares? I'd like to see him summon Futsunushi though .

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast