Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

I've just seen episode 6~ Lots of funny scenes here.

It started with Margaret. I was like, what?

I expected a bit more action, but I guess I would get it at the upcoming episode. This episode is more like the prequel of the actions and fun we'll get to see next week. The episode is so lively thanks to Chie and Yosuke with their fresh-ness. It was a great idea to hang out together with Nanako, especially when her father needed to work. I also like how Nanako called Yu "onii-chan", it's so cuuutteee~ XD

Tatsumi Kanji and the part of chasing/tailing him were purely epic. Ever since he dropped the bunny I think everyone would have known that his violence side wasn't the only part of him. I look forward to see what kind of Shadow he would have in the channel. Aiya delivery really surprised me there, even with Yukiko helping Chie to pay. XD What a bunch of crazy friends. Glad to see Yu and Yukiko opening up, though. ^^

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Margaret is a flirt in the game as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

persona is gearing out to be pretty good, i would have referred if they tried sth new with the calender though.
    2 seemingly filler eps already went by hopefully we ll get a plot move on + persona action in the upcoming ep.
    I was a bit disappointed with the Persona trinity soul, but fortunately they adapted from the game this time

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you want them to do with the calendar, shaheer?

Oh, and if you want to use my post in another forum or place, please quote me instead of claiming my post as your own. *cough*RowelfromAnimesuki*cough*

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    What do you want them to do with the calendar, shaheer?
    dun know change the outlook make it look like ..say a grid or vertical list instead of horizontal one like the one in the game. At least change the color of the tabs showing the dates or sth.

lol some one has been using your comments?
    how did you catch him? you r a member of animesuki forum as well?
    Last edited by shaheer; November 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt they would change the calendar design since the players recognize it from the game. If they did change it, I'm sure they would have a fit.

BTW, Atlus is really promoting Persona 4. It will now have a musical, which will premiere in March.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    BTW, Atlus is really promoting Persona 4. It will now have a musical, which will premiere in March.
    thats a good news, but i for one dont think P4 needs that much of a promotion, the game was super popular nd almost every one who plays the game uses internet and game sites so those who dun watch anime will know from the sites that anime is out. Persona fans will definitely try it out

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a correction: It's not a musical but a live performance with special effects

---------- Post added November 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was November 14, 2011 at 07:06 AM ----------

"Tow days earlier"

Anyway, I found this episode to be very entertaining to watch. As usual Yu's deadpanning made me laugh ("Want a copy?") and the team's freak-out reaction in Kanji's dungeon was great. I would be weirded out as well if I was in that place.

I have to admit that I kinda squealed when Yu used Persona fusion to create Yamata no Orochi. That scene looks cool animated. ^^ I also like that they include status effects (Yu and Yosuke's distressed while the girls were enraged). Kanji's punching his Shadow self was pretty badass too.

It was interesting to see Kanji's true self. Even though he wanted everyone to believe that he's a tough delinquent, he's actually a nice boy who cares for his mom and enjoys making handicrafts, which he's talented in. Unfortunately, he became insecure about his talents after girls teased him about it and meeting Naoto caused him to question his sexuality. Luckily, Yu's acceptance of him in spite of his secrets helped him realize that it's okay to have these "girly" hobbies. Of course, the MC got the Emperor arcana due to being understanding.

The only complaint that I have in this episode is that the skin shading looked pretty bad. It looked like the characters had really bad sunburns on the bottom of their face. Oh, and the official subs needs to edit that Yu received the High Priestress arcana not the Empress arcana. >.>

Next week should be amazing especially for

Spoiler show

I wonder what the title was referring to though?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

the Fusion was a good show other than that i am slightly homo phobic so i scrolled past the episode rather fast.
    i liked Rise a lot wish she will be introduced soon. Any one knows how many epi P4 will make? I have a hunch that it will run for 26 ep. The megamitesei wiki doesnt say any thing abt it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Sentai Filmworks that licensed the anime, it will be 25 episodes.

BTW, what social link/arcana do you think Yu will obtain last? I think it will be...

Spoiler show

The first DVD/Blu-ray will be out this Wednesday. Hopefully, someone will upload the Director's Cut of the first episode and the OP/ED single that was included in it.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by shaheer; November 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*cough* I would put that under spoiler tags since some people haven't played the game.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added November 22, 2011 at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was November 21, 2011 at 07:45 AM ----------

The full OP and ED is up on nico nico. You need to log in to listen to them though.

---------- Post added November 23, 2011 at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was November 22, 2011 at 09:29 PM ----------

Download the OP/ED Single HERE

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so late at watching the latest episode. Well, here I am.

What a episode. Poor Kanji, but gross as well, lol~ Still, I enjoyed all the funny moments of the boys and girls. The fights were pretty interesting; it was awesome to see how Kanji managed to beat his own Shadow. He would be a great addition to the team, although from the preview it looks like... not that good. XDD

At the preview, someone was in accident? Lost something important? I wonder what it all means.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, episode 8 was so random especially with Teddie shouting "Persona" to depict a change of scenery.

This episode was entertaining to watch especially with the comedy scenes. The second day of camp was hilarious. I don't understand why the girls would be mad at Yu for complimenting them, but it was great when the girls pushed the boys into the water for their immature statements. Yu's stoic reaction as he was falling into the water was great. At least we now know what the episode title was referring to (the boys losing their purity since the water they're in was contaminating with King Moron's barf).

I feel sorry for Kanji though since he was the butt of joke for the entire time. Hopefully he won't just be a joke character and the animators will show him as a serious character in future episodes. The boys were jerks to him and shouldn't have provoke him to leave the tent (I think the animators picked the jerky answers for Yu). I think Yu's personality will improve though as his parameter increase so maybe he'll be nicer to Kanji later on.

They really rushed through Naoki's social link, but at least Yu got the Hanged Man arcana from him. Yu's bluntness (his friends' reactions were priceless ) probably helped Saki's brother to open up since it allowed him to vent to the group about his feelings. Oh, I also like how they incorporate the idea that Kanji knew Naoki, which makes sense since both families owned a small shop at the shopping district and are the same age.

Likewise, it looks like Yu is slowly developing his relationships with Nanako and Margaret. The former is so adorable especially when she got so excited after seeing Yu's magic trick. Who wasn't touched after seeing this scene?

All I have to say is that Margaret is such a flirt. It looks like she is getting interested in Yu since he's been getting a lot of arcana due to his bonds with others.

My only complaint was that the animation was somewhat wonky again. Of course, it's probably because it was a "filler".

It looks like the next victim will show up in the next episode and Dojima may start to suspect that his nephew is up to something.
    Last edited by riki; November 25, 2011 at 12:01 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt scared by this episode...

Sadly they missed the crackerpart with Kanji and did something horrible instead... Seriously... I'm totally frightened by this... XD

Animation was overall mediocre. Kanji looked really weird sometimes. Teddies voice was just annyoing as the calendar was this time.

6/10 because of the jokes and the girls in the swimsuits.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Skyguardian; November 25, 2011 at 05:15 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast