Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

The Director's Cut of the first episode is out.

BTW, did anyone notice that Yu is unknowingly developing a harem? In the last episode, Chie and Yukiko asked Yu for his opinion on what to cook, ignored his perverted comments (and yelled at Yosuke instead), and blushed when he complimented them on their swimsuits. I wonder if the animators will make Yu obvious to the girls' crush like he was in the drama CDs?

P4A Blu-ray 1 was ranked #2 for the week of Nov. 21st-27th and sold 24,120 copies while the DVD version sold 9,245 copies and was #11 for that week. Overall, it sold 33,365 copies. Not bad.
    Last edited by riki; November 29, 2011 at 09:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Rise came to the scene. So far it seems narukami is developing relationship with every female character. i mena he opened up with amagi now with rise, dun know who he will be with. Gut feeling is the main in the anime will be amagi.
    the ep was quite interesting in the sense that some character development is being shown
    so far Personal is doing a great job by entertaining us with these developments in 1-2 eps and then going back to the Tv and showing the fight scene in the consecutive ep.
    though i wonder how long this will go on

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^LOL There is a debate on 2ch on who is the main female character in the anime. Some argued that it is Yukiko but then the detractors pointed out that she was in last place for most popular Persona 4 characters in a poll in the Persona magazine.

Anyway, I like how they depicted Rise in this episode. The beginning was interesting because it showed how isolated she felt even though she is one of the biggest idols in Japan and has everyone surrounded her. She probably felt delusional since she was doing what her management wants her to do not what she wants to do. After Nanako asked Yu what she was like when he met her, he realized how her real personality is so different from her television personality. I think Rise liked him because he didn't act like a fan boy and treated her like a regular person. Since Yu didn't recognize her as an idol in spite of her popularity, I have a feeling that he was too focused on his studying or whatnot to notice those sorts of thing.

Yosuke was probably having a field day for this investigation because he got to oogle over Rise. I love how Kanji admonished him when he was staring at Rise's breasts. LOL The girls knew that they couldn't trust him alone with Rise so I like how they dragged him to catch the Risette stalker. While the investigation team was busy getting him, Yu and Rise were spending the time bonding with each other by making origami. Of course, he has to ruin the moment by criticizing her origami skills ("You suck"). Yu is so tactless.

I think Yu would have gotten a new arcana if Rise didn't misinterpret his question ("Aren't you deceiving yourself?"). He noticed that she was upset when her agent told her that he has decided to support her rival. He was trying to get her to realize that she misses the idol life but she didn't like that no one sees the "real her". Instead she thought he was just like the others who wants her to go back and he was being manipulative. She probably got kidnapped after she ran off so Yu definitely felt guilty about what happened. That was better than what was shown in the game since the team abandoned her to chase after the Risette stalker.

Dojima is starting to suspect that his nephew and his friends are up to something. It didn't help that he bumped into them at the tofu shop and that Rise knew that she might be the next victim already before he could warn her. He probably believed that Yu and the others think it was a game and didn't want them to get too involved before someone gets hurt without realizing that they are actually trying to help since they have the power to stop the killer. That was the reason why he got Adachi to keep an eye on them. Yu knew that he has to be more careful with his investigation since he got caught twice already.

Anyway, the humor was great in this episode, but some of the animation especially the scene where the team was talking at the table was terrible. The characters seemed very stiff and they didn't move at all except for their mouths and eyes.

This week's episode is going to be interesting to watch with Yu and the others going into the TV to save Rise. I wonder if Yu will summon a new Persona or use Persona fusion in the upcoming battle?

Spoiler show

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ep 10 is more or less closure to the argument of who the main female char is. its pretty much certain that rise will be the romantic interest. My she is so bold Amagi barely made a move all this time wile she is becoming quite the couple with narukami
    So far the ep was pretty cliche, same old persona skirmish, we got to see the persona of kanji in action.
    am really interested to see the persona com merging again. hope narukami runs into trouble soon

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A harem, oh yes. That is what appears on my mind as well.

I kind of want to see him end up with Yukiko. She might be the least popular, but she has this lovely and crazy attitude which goes well with the silent but funny Yu... Yosuke is with Chie obviously, while others... can go find their own way. XD

Plot wise, nothing much but mostly about adding more teammates. I want to see development in finding the culprit already. It's already 10 episodes but so little is known. (Mind you that I didn't play the game this far~) Next episode seems promising with new victim and several hints coming up. Looking forward to that one~

Kuma has a persona, wooot?

I also wonder what kind of hardships Yu would face that he would have a hard time even with his power. :|

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@shaheer
    Rise is really aggressive toward Yu in the game as well. IIRC, Yukiko and Chie realized that she was a threat after she started flirting with the MC.

@phio
    Yeah, they're adding new teammates so far but it looks like in this week's episode, the investigation will have a new lead.

Anyway, I like how they showed multiple versions of Rise/Risette, which makes sense since she doesn't know who is her real self. Of course, Yosuke was having a field day but Chie made sure that he stayed on task. It was pretty awesome to see Kanji in action especially with that song playing in the background. I wonder if that is his battle theme. Back on topic, her shadow is pretty deadly especially she was able to scan the team's personas and figured out their weaknesses. I guess Yu was too weak to change his persona since he didn't summon another one. Luckily for them, Teddie was the one to save the day since shadow!Rise couldn't determine his weakness.

When Teddie heard Rise's declaration that there is no such thing as a "real me", his psyche was shattered by that statement. Man, his shadow self is more dangerous in the game since he was just a void that was sucking the team in. If it wasn't for Rise and her new persona, everyone would have been doomed. Speaking of Teddie's shadow, I think that was the danger Margaret was warning Yu about. I think shadow!Teddie's speech was directed at the main hero too.

Spoiler: anime-only watcher beware show

Anyway, it looks like Yu got a new arcana. The anime is really rushing through the game though. I wonder when he will get other arcana.

Spoiler show

BTW, do you think there will be a new OP and ED? It's near the halfway point after all.
    Last edited by riki; December 13, 2011 at 09:18 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    @shaheer
    Rise is really aggressive toward Yu in the game as well. IIRC, Yukiko and Chie realized that she was a threat after she started flirting with the MC.
    ya but in games you have the Tow on the character when you want to choose some one. i suppose aggressive then and aggressive now is different. OR i may be forgetting the times when i played the game, it has been quite some time now

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rise was a flirt even if you didn't pick her as your romance interest.

This was a great set-up episode.

It looks like the murder victim from the last episode was none other than King Moron. Since he didn't even appear on the Midnight Channel, it didn't fit the killer's operatus morandi. Of course, the killer may have switched his method because the team had stopped his murder spree trice already. I like how Kanji pointed out to the depressed team that the reason they decided to get involved in the case because the police doesn't have the power to solve the case. Aika was sweet as well when she offered them the nikudon special on the house even though she changed her mind at the end. Of course, Yu cheered the team up with his comment that they will reach the end sooner or later; too bad he was talking about food instead of the case, which everyone thought he was implying.

And it looks like Teddie has grown a body. Everyone's reactions was priceless especially the girls when they realized that he was naked. Poor Yosuke unknowingly paid for the expensive clothes. Of course, Teddie is still a flirt even in his human form. It was also hilarious seeing the kids being traumatized by the empty Teddie head. Talk about having nightmares. It was nice to see Yu's being supportive of Teddie in his search to find out his identity and he was able to get a new arcana, Star. It was also cute how Rise was so happy to join the team and saw the glasses as a form of initiation.

It looked like Naoto figured out Yu and his friends are connected to the murder investigation. Even though he thought the team are just in it for the fun of it, he still asked them for their opinion since he probably knew that they are hiding something. Of course, the team was upset because he implied that they think it was a game, which was not true. I feel sorry for the Detective Prince since it looked like the police viewed him as a child who is poking his nose in police business.

I think Margaret's comment about love can be good or bad seems to apply to Mitsuo, who looked like the typical deranged otaku. He's obsessed with Yukiko and it looks like Rise as well. Even poor Nanako was terrified of him when it looked like he was about to hurt her jsut to "teach her a lesson". Luckily, Big Bro was there to save the day; I think her admiration for him really increased after that. He also seemed to crave for attention especially in the scene when he declared that he was the killer online but became furious when no one believed him. I think that scene and the scene when Yukiko didn't even remember him were the breaking point for him. It looked like he turned himself into the police but something happened since he is now on the television. It was a good thing that Yu suggested that the team still watched the Midnight Channel in spite of the report that the killer was caught.

It looked like next week will the rescue mission to save Mitsuo even though he is so creepy. I think I know the episode title is from:

Spoiler show

Yu still needs to summon a persona from the Hanged Man, Lovers, and Star arcana. I bet he will summon the personas from the first two and used a persona fusion (maybe triangle fusion?) for the last one.
    Last edited by riki; December 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

it has been what EONS now since the last fusion, i am positive Yue will be forced to go extreme in the next ep . hopefully we ll see both the fusion and a new persona to boot. Finally the main story is advancing instead of recruiting. Recruiting and personal interaction ws fun but 10 eps is a bit too long a time for that

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Things got a bit scary, lol~ Though I like how they are starting to focus back on the serial murders and the killers, I don't think this Mitsuo is the real culprit. He is too fragile to do it, and from the chats it seems that he is not alone. I truly wonder...

A human Kuma. Oh, my. He doesn't fit the way I imagined it, but still it is interesting to see him to be able to grow a body just to be in the human world. XD That is very sweet~

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Things got a bit scary, lol~ Though I like how they are starting to focus back on the serial murders and the killers, I don't think this Mitsuo is the real culprit. He is too fragile to do it, and from the chats it seems that he is not alone. I truly wonder...

A human Kuma. Oh, my. He doesn't fit the way I imagined it, but still it is interesting to see him to be able to grow a body just to be in the human world. XD That is very sweet~
    Kuma/Teddie will be much more awesome later... Best char ever XD

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can download the first OST HERE

---------- Post added December 24, 2011 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was December 22, 2011 at 07:08 PM ----------

The episode was pretty good except for the transition and the goofy animation.

I like how they depicted Yu's worry that the group would no longer hang out after the murder case was solved, and that he is only useful to the team because of his power. Mitsuo's shadow exploited that fear and tried to use it against him by saying that his teammates were not really his friends and that Yu was empty just like him, which could have worked if Yosuke wasn't there to save his best friend. In a way, this episode is like Yu facing his shadow if he has one, and the illusion is almost like the bad ending. Everyone was drifting apart and no one wanted to hang out anymore. The group even didn't have time to have a wrap party to celebrate that the mystery was over, and Yu's cooking was just average since he's considered an excellent cook. My brother figured out it was an illusion since Yosuke was worried about university entrance exams in spite of the fact he skipped final exams in an earlier episode.

The fight scene was so amazing! Seeing the team work together to destroy the blocks and prevent shadow!Mitsuo from building the barrier so Yu can perform the final blow was great. The best part was seeing an angry Yu, who declared that he is nothing like Mitsuo, summoned all of his personas while the Reincarnation version of the battle theme played. And no, Yosuke, that is not all of his persona; more are coming~

It looks like Yu's social link with Yosuke (and maybe the others) has ranked up since they are calling each other on a first-name basis. It was cute to see Nanako and Teddie made a promise to each other too. I wish the omelet competition was extended a little bit more, but it was funny to see everyone's reactions to the girls' omelets. Poor Yukiko didn't have a chance against Rise's super spicy meal. Nanako was such a nice girl for praising their meals even though she didn't like them just to cheer them up.

My biggest gripe of this episode was the transition. It was disconcerting to see Mitsuo's shadow about to power up and the start of the illusion, but after seeing shadow!Mitsuo appeared in Yu's bedroom, it became clearer that it was just an illusion not a time skip. However, the illusion just leave me with some questions:
    '
    1) Was shadow!Mitsuo just targeting Yu because of his troubled state or was he targeting everyone else?
    2) How did he capture Yu and bring him inside the barrier?
    3) When did the illusion begin? Did it begin as soon as the team enter the room or after shadow!Mitsuo powered up?

My brother and I believed that shadow!Mitsuo may have grabbed him as soon as he entered the room since he was the first one to arrive since that made the most sense.

Anyway, it looks like the next two episodes will focus on Yu's making new social links. His friends seem to be stalking him and misconstrue the situations. Based on the preview, they believe that he's going on a date with a lot of women and are surprised that one of them has a kid. I guess Dojima finds out since he asks Yu about it; I can imagine Yu choking on his drink or something like that.

Last edited by Skyguardian; April 18, 2014 at 09:53 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think episode 12 is awesome. Lovely idea to show an illusion of how the group was disbanded in such a sad way and that even Nanako missed them all. And those attacks with various Persona. All of those + Yu-kun in glass =

Nanako was such a nice girl for praising their meals even though she didn't like them just to cheer them up.
    The omelet scene was awesome as well. I like how they put a simple thing at ease, making it a cute humor. Nanako is very sweet indeed; at first I thought she is an introvert girl and independent one, but ever since she called Yu-kun "onii-chan" and acted more cheerful around him, I knew she wasn't that cold. XD

My biggest gripe of this episode was the transition. It was disconcerting to see Mitsuo's shadow about to power up and the start of the illusion, but after seeing shadow!Mitsuo appeared in Yu's bedroom, it became clearer that it was just an illusion not a time skip. However, the illusion just leave me with some questions:
    '
    1) Was shadow!Mitsuo just targeting Yu because of his troubled state or was he targeting everyone else?
    2) How did he capture Yu and bring him inside the barrier?
    3) When did the illusion begin? Did it begin as soon as the team enter the room or after shadow!Mitsuo powered up?

My brother and I believed that shadow!Mitsuo may have grabbed him as soon as he entered the room since he was the first one to arrive since that made the most sense.
    What made me realized that it was an illusion, somehow, was because the time turned around a bit too quickly. XD At first I was surprised at how sudden the scene changed; from finding the shadow|Mitsuo to yes-case-is-closed-we-can-go-back-to-our-old-life scene. But on top of everything, it is just impossible for everyone to suddenly neglect Yu-kun, the group, and the friends, so... XD Though I was a bit surprised that Yu-kun did have that kind of feeling. It's very natural. ^^

About your questions, exactly. I think it's strange if the shadow only captured Yu-kun, but to see how free everyone was except him, I couldn't help but thinking that way... The reason could be because he is the closest one to him, or because he has doubts in his mind about the friendship.

I'm so looking forward to next episode. Though it looks like a filler, I wanna see Yu-kun's kid!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some fans believe that Shadow!Mitsuo used Evil Touch since it looks like Yu was only affected and then tried to use Ghostly Wail to kill him, which makes sense since Yu has a fear status. I agree that it looks like he was being targeted because of his worry that the group will be disbanded. I understand what Yu was going through. Being a new kid who doesn't really know anyone, you would want to cling onto your new friends.

Yeah, the next episode looks great. I think the animators are poking fun at the fact that the fans of the game joke that the P3 and P4 protagonists are considered ladies man because they can date multiple girls just like they did in episode 5 when they poke fun of the fact that Yu is very helpful to everyone.

---------- Post added January 08, 2012 at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was December 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

What a cute episode! It was so sweet of Nanako to give her favorite umbrella to the fox so she wouldn't be cold and wet.

Poor Nanako! Her normal routine appears to be taking care of the household and watching TV while Dojima works and Yu left to do something. Speaking of Big Bro, the latter has been acting so strangely (e.g. coming home late, being vague about his activities, etc.) so something must be afoot! It looks like Nanako inherit the detective genes just like her dad and Big Bro. Her Loveline persona is so adorable. Please include that costume in the Vita remake, Atlus!

Of course, Yu's friends decided to help out and hilarity ensues. With Teddie's trusty nose, Nanako was able to find... some sweets. However, the next day, the gang did meet a suspicious Teddie who was acting very odd. It was obvious that it was Yu in disguise and based on the the preview, he probably acted out as a villain so the kids can defeat him as Neo Feathermen. Going off topic, but I guess Yu doesn't really watch TV since he never heard of the cartoon (it's been around since Persona 2) not to mention he didn't recognize Rise as an idol when he first bumped into her. Anyway, Yu really failed imitating the womanizing bear. LOL

Then the group misconstrued Yu's meetings with the three older women. Now they probably believed that he is a ladies man and into the cougar types. Yu has a lot of explaining to do that's for sure. Nanako looked so crestfallen when she saw Yu with the first woman (Sayako). I think she is growing a crush on him~

When she wanted to ask Yu about the ladies, she was startled to see Yu wearing explosive fish gear. That scene was so random that I laughed. Yu must really wanted to catch THAT fish, huh? ^^ It was so sad to see her discouraged at the end because she couldn't solve the mystery but luckily Naoto cheered her up by encouraging her not to give up. Makes me wonder if the Detective Prince watched the show when he was young...

It was cool to see the past social links again and see Nanako helped them out with their problems. Seeing the weapon smith and the person who sells items in the game makes cameos was a nice touch as well. After seeing Yu put a smile on the people's faces, Nanako had a realization that Yu was making everyone smile and concluded that she has solved the case though Yu is confused by her reaction. He can be dense sometimes. LOL

It looks like summer is coming to the end and the group are enjoying watermelon to celebrate. Did anyone notice the error of two Chies after the credit? Anyway, Nanako finally confronted Big Bro about his summer activity (with the magnifying glass threatening him to fill him up with holes) and Yu is going to tell her in the next episode. Does anyone find it amusing how Margaret and Igor tell him to relax but instead, he's running around like crazy?

Based on the preview, it looked like the fox asked him to help the others with their problems. Of course, that would mean more social links and more arcana for Yu. I wonder how they are going to show all five social links in one episode because it's going to be rushed at this rate. >.>

Anyway, I have to get used to the new OP. It's very different from the game and the first ones. However, the music is catchy. The special ED is so adorable. Seeing Nanako dreaming about her adventure was very cute. The new ED will probably air this week and showcase Yu's newest arcanas added to his collection.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 15:

Best episode ever.
    Using the Persona 3 Music while at Gekkoukan High and at Tatsumi Port Island was plain fanservice and I LOVED it. Seeing the school itself animated too... My heart skipped a beat. XD

Next on Target. Yu inside the Love Hotel...
    "This is going on facebook."
    More badassnes is NOT possible. I love that seiyuu, I LOVE his emotions... Brilliant...
    With this Yu Narukami / Seta Souji is finally the most epic main char. XD
    Him even beeing so badass while drunk... Legendary...

So Rise's and Kaguras Seiyuu are the same... I really thought Kagura was talking. Only the "de aru" was missing at the end... XD

Persona 3 Battle Theme while Yu threw his chopstick up... I know I used the word kinda much... but... Badass and Legendary... XD
    Furthermore the "All-Out Attack" screen... Can't stop laughing... XD

They covered this part of the game very very well.

Can't wait for the next victim.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; January 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM.

New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast