Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Persona 4 the ANIMATION

Persona 4 the ANIMATION

Websites: Official Website, Mayonaka TV
    OP Theme #1: "sky's the limit" by Shihoko Hirata
    OP Theme #2: "key plus words" by Shihoko Hirata & Yumi Kawamura
    ED Theme #1: "Beauty of Destiny" by Shihoko Hirata featuring Lotus Juice
    ED Theme #2: "The Way of Memories -Kizuna no Chikara-" by Shihoko Hirata

Quote Originally Posted by Story
    When Yu Narukamiʼs family moves to the rural country town of Inaba, heʼs expecting a lot more peace and quiet than heʼs been used to in the big city. Instead, the peace has been shattered as a rash of mysterious murders and kidnappings sweep the countryside. With the police stymied, Yu finds himself joining with a group of eight other teenagers in a desperate bid to solve the mystery. A mystery that is somehow connected to both the local weather patterns and a strange video game world which Yu, his friends and the enigmatic killer can all enter. Journey beyond the Velvet Room as the hit PlayStation 2™ game becomes a spectacular anime in Persona 4 The Animation!
    Episode Titles
    Spoiler show

Watch the subbed version at The Anime Network

Remember to put game spoilers under spoiler tags so those who haven't played the game won't be spoiled!
    Last edited by riki; March 31, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

The first episode should come out tomorrow, no? (It's still October 6th here. XD) I can't wait for it. Persona series games received positive responses from quite lots of gamers as far as I know, so I hope the anime wouldn't be disappointing. ^__^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be out later today. It will first air at 1:30 AM late Wednesday/early Thursday morning. ^^

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...Summary is a bit off though...Midnight Channel isn't a video game (except for one dungeon), but a rumored "TV program that only appears at midnight of the rainy day"...at least in the game, and I doubt it's going to change in anyway for the anime as well... ._."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know. It's from Sentai Filmworks and I really wanted to change it when I first read it ("No, it's just Yu who is moving to Inaba - not his whole family!" )

Anyway, the bittorrent for the raw is out. You can watch it on The Anime Network

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I really enjoyed watching the first episode in spite of some alterations, which makes sense since the animators probably wanted to get to the main story quickly. I also like how they incorporated some of the features in the video game into the show (e.g. the calender, the close-up of Yu's face when his persona did a critical attack or found the enemy's weakpoint, etc) and how they matched Yu's personality to his parameter (the eye catch). He will probably be more outgoing after he improves on those traits. Most likely he will max them out since he has 25 episodes to work on them.

The interaction between the characters especially Chie and Yosuke were entertaining. It was pretty badass when Yu summoned his persona, Izanagi, against those shadows, which I can't remember their name. His smirk at the end was pretty cool and I'm sure Yosuke wet his pants right then and there. It was also nice that they play the game OP as the Intro for the first episode.

The only complaint that I have is that it was too fast-paced, but I'm sure the Director's Cut version will have a better pace than the one aired on TV.

So what I've seen in the second episode preview (did anyone find it amusing that it said, "Next Scent" instead of "Next Scene"?)....

Spoiler show
    Last edited by riki; October 06, 2011 at 09:44 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched the first episode, yay~

It looks promising. I agree that the speed is quite high, but it is understandable since we can't possibly be too detailed about what happened during the days. Like riki said, I like it how they tried to add the game's touches to the anime: the calender, the shot of Narukami's eyes when Izanagi was summoned, and the formation of the Shadows. Great work. There are also parts when in the game we could choose what kind of response the lead would give, but in this case Narukami was made to follow one of those choices.

My favorite part, of course, was when Narukami + Izanagi started beating Shadows off the ground. (Though that action of opening his jacket was somehow... urk. XD)

Two things I found a bit strange: the color of half of the characters' faces and Chie's voice. The color goes darker around from chin to below; that is so strange in my eyes. I'd give a better rating for the game's artwork in this case. Chie's voice doesn't seem appropriate for her tomboyish appearance. Maybe I stick to the game too much, but Chie's current voice is too feminine for someone like her. :P

"Next scent", indeed. Does it smell? XD But I agree with you, riki, about what you stated in the spoiler. Scenes about the scary Yousuke, especially.

Awww, now I feel like continue playing P4.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, a lot of people thought the scene when Yu was unbuttoning his jacket was funny and awkward (some of them nicknamed him "Stripper Souji"). Someone on 2ch made a gif of that scene and ended it with his smirk at the end, which made it more... perverted. Anyway, my brother thinks it's because summoning Izanagi was exhausting for him but it did look odd still. I bet the animators will have him with his jacket unbuttoned for the rest of the anime.

There were some complaints about the coloring of the faces as well. I didn't really pay attention at first but I have to admit it does look weird.

Oh, it looks like the official website has updated and it has a new character - Aika Nakamura. Apparently she showed up at the end of The Trial of the Dragon scene. IIRC, some 2chers mentioned that the anime will have a connection to Persona 4: The Golden (Vita remake fyi)...
    Last edited by riki; October 07, 2011 at 03:59 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Fans indeed know how to make things worse. I think at the game the jacket was never buttoned? Not that big detail, so I wouldn't mind if the anime setting was made like that. I was just surprised under the circumstances such scene was made. XD But looks like it is indeed the first and last time only. Or they'll turn this series into a pervert one. XD

Another hope I have is that they would try to make the battles more realistic. I think I recognize that thunder spell (Xio) Izanagi did to the Shadows at this first episode? Definitely would look forward to more elements of the battle in the future. ^^

I haven't played this game so far, so maybe I'll just know what to expect for 2 or 3 more episodes, but after that I'll enjoy this anime like those who haven't played it. Look forward to it! <3

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...The only thing I thought when I saw him unbutton his shirt was "...Why are you unbuttoning?!" But no pervert thought or anything. Special thanks to Japanese fans for leading me into that thought...It's almost weird how Japanese fans can think up with those stuffs...>.>"

Watched the first episode. Was great except for the hastiness, yeah...So they made Chie unconscious and let Souji (Yu...the manga name, since I'm more used to it) summon Izanagi on their very first visit into the TV...Find it a little strange though. >_>"

About the coloring of the face...for some reason, I don't find it to be that weird. Don't know why, but my game always has that...slight redness and darker around the chin of the character since the very beginning anyway. I at first thought it's just my poor old TV being weird, but guess because of that, even though I notice the coloring, I no longer find it to be that weird or anything...>.>"

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    ...The only thing I thought when I saw him unbutton his shirt was "...Why are you unbuttoning?!" But no pervert thought or anything. Special thanks to Japanese fans for leading me into that thought...It's almost weird how Japanese fans can think up with those stuffs...>.>"
    Now you can't help having that thought, right? Just kidding. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    Watched the first episode. Was great except for the hastiness, yeah...So they made Chie unconscious and let Souji (Yu...the manga name, since I'm more used to it) summon Izanagi on their very first visit into the TV...Find it a little strange though. >_>"

About the coloring of the face...for some reason, I don't find it to be that weird. Don't know why, but my game always has that...slight redness and darker around the chin of the character since the very beginning anyway. I at first thought it's just my poor old TV being weird, but guess because of that, even though I notice the coloring, I no longer find it to be that weird or anything...>.>"
    Hmm, I think Izanagi was summoned during the second visit? Not sure, though, been a while since I played the game. And was the color of the face like that from the game? I didn't remember such. If there was any, I believe it wasn't as apparent as this one at the anime. Just strange. But that only won't stop me from watching. XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that the episode was different from the sneak peek that was shown to 1000 fans.

Yep, Yu summoned his persona in his second visit. The producers did mention that they are planning to adapt the game as faithfully as possible. I think the face gradient was also in the game.

Oh, according to this blog, the anime will have persona fusion so I guess Yu can change his personas?

Has anyone seen the Persona 4-theme menu?
    Last edited by riki; October 08, 2011 at 08:17 AM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Fusion? I wonder how they would put that in motion. Since usually (like in P3, at least) fusion barely has any connection to the plot itself. Maybe it is different with P4? I'd be interested to see when he did fuse the personas. Which means... we'll get to see him changing personas. Hopefully. No, he has to! :P

I actually don't mind that much if it's made a bit too fast at the beginning; there were not many things happening during the opening of the game either way. And because I didn't play that far, I wouldn't be able to tell much if it deviated from the plot of the game later on (which I hope wouldn't happen). It needs a different touch, but it should stick to the original work after all.

And I forgot to say that Igor suddenly became so ugly in my face, even more than he did in the game. And scarier.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...

Spoiler show

This site posted some screenshots and I think some of the pics will be in Episode 1 (Director's Cut) since I don't remember seeing them.
    Last edited by riki; October 08, 2011 at 08:28 AM.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, seriously!? And here I thought he's going to keep Izanagi throughout the entire series...

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that...

Spoiler show

BTW, does anyone know what Aika's profile say about her?

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast