Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

I agree. Episode 15 was a riot!

Quote Quote:
    "This is going on facebook."
    According to the official translation, Yu asked them if they would like a commemorative picture and took one before Yosuke can react. Yu is such a troll.

The King Game was one of my most anticipated events and it didn't disappointed. I swear that the seiyuu and the writers were having a blast while they were making this episode. Seeing Rise, Yukiko, and even Yu "drunk" was great and entertaining to watch though I have to admit that I'm not sure whether or not Yu is "drunk" or he was pretending just for the heck of it. I like how the animators solved the problem of whom Yu will pick since all the girls decided to do the deeds.

Quote Quote:
    Persona 3 Battle Theme while Yu threw his chopstick up... I know I used the word kinda much... but... Badass and Legendary... XD
    Here is a gif for you:

I also like how Chie and Yu have a heart-to-heart conversation, which strengthened their relationship, after she confronted those thugs in the alley.

Tomorrow's episode is going to be epic. I wonder if Yu will do more persona fusion and if he will summon...

Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Loli-Loli Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Here is a gif for you:
    Thank you very much.
    But really. Using Persona 3 stuff... I love it... Makes me wish for a Persona3 FES/P3P Anime. *Fanboy scream*

I really had my problems with an animation of my second most favourite game... But finally with this episode they catched my heart

Quote Quote:
    I also like how Chie and Yu have a heart-to-heart conversation, which strengthened their relationship, after she confronted those thugs in the alley.
    Yeah. I loved how they put this scene into tatsumi Port Island because of the timeproblem with all the events happening while evolving the social links. Never even thought about it that way.

Quote Quote:
    Tomorrow's episode is going to be epic. I wonder if Yu will do more persona fusion and if he will summon...

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Pleaseeee, not that gif!

This episode is sweet but crazy as well. Isn't it true indeed that the silent ones tend to be more explosive than the usual active ones? That is just so true.
    It's so nice to see how everyone hangs out together, have fun, although it may be a bit too much for some people. ^^; I also like the part with Chie. It indeed looks like the relationship is getting deeper. Very funny that she even had to sit on Yu's lap, that must be very lovely, wahahaha~ Not to mention that love room.

I enjoyed this crazy episode, and can't wait to see the next serious episode. Seems like one more member of the team is going to join soon.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I can finally said it - Naoto is a girl! I wonder how many anime-only watchers were surprised by that revelation?

Margaret and Igor gave a hint at the beginning of the episode that nothing is like it seems. I guess Yu has become a little cocky since the former admonished him for not being cautious. Of course, he thought the case was over and he can be a regular high school student again. However, the Velvet Room residents gave him a warning that he will face a difficult challenge soon, which has been proven to be true.

While everyone including the Investigation Team thought the case was closed, Naoto was the only one who suspected that something was still amiss. However, it looks like no one in the police department believed her since they just wanted the case to be over with so she decided to go to the next best thing - Yu and his friends. She told them about the inconsistencies (e.g. no cause of deaths for the first two victims while it was obvious how King Moron died, no fingerprints, etc.) and how she suspected (correctly) that Yu and his friends are preventing the murders somehow. I like how the animators made a reference to the events during the King's Game when Naoto quoted drunk!Yukiko's comment about entering the TV world and summoning their Personas and implied that she doesn't think it was a game while believing the Investigation Team was.

However, it was very risky for her to use herself as bait just to prove a point, which made everyone especially Kanji furious at her. Speaking of Kanji, it was nice to see some character development with him. It was amusing to see his mother and him banter with each other though it was obvious that they care. It looks like they did the Rank 3 social link though they also added the part that Kanji was making knitted animals to support the business. It looks like Kanji is now okay with the fact that he likes doing "girly" hobbies after Yu told him that he thought it was cute near the end of the battle with his shadow self.

Back to Naoto... Since no one really knows the Detective Prince well (she's is pretty guarded about her private life, huh?), the gang had a more difficult time locating her so that took up most of the times trying to find valid information on her. Luckily Yu and Kanji bumped into Aika who observed her having an argument with Adachi, who was being condescending to her. With that fact, Rise was able to make a better profile on Naoto, and they were able to find her location, which looked like a secret laboratory. Of course, Naoto was expecting them and was scolding her shadow self, who seemed to not fight back... at first. Then shadow!Naoto taunted her by saying the things that the police said about her, how obsessed she has become with the case, etc. Even though everyone tried to stop Naoto from denying her, Kanji knew that she had to do so because if not, she is not being true to herself. However, no one expected that Naoto was a trap and was startled by the fact. I think Kanji is more relieved since he realized that he had a crush on a girl the whole time. Would the animators go for a Kanji x Naoto? I know that in the drama CDs, Kanji still has a crush on her and even Rise shipped them as well though the Detective Prince is oblivious to it unfortunately.

But oh man, shadow!Naoto is going to be a tough opponent. When she used Galgalim Eyes on Yosuke (poor him!) and his persona to age him, that was pretty freaky. The gang made a hasty retreat seeing this even though that would mean abandoning Naoto for now. Based on the preview, it looked like the shadow went after them (probably because they were a threat) to give them body-altering operations. Hmm... I think Yu will confront her since the one of the girls was screaming at him. Who would blame them? No one wants to see an old version of him. I think Yu will do a persona fusion again (a triangular spread or a special fusion) to defeat shadow!Naoto. It will probably be a persona from either the Devil Arcana or the Death Arcana since they can block dark-based attacks and whatnot.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed two episodes.

*raises hand* I'm one of those who were surprised by that fact, especially since Naoto nowhere showed anything girly. Even the voice. Though now we get the perfect partner for Kanji.

How those boys turned old was quite nasty. I wish we were shown their faces, though, not only their lower body. Completely can't imagine how those two would look like! Moldy Kuma is so funny, hahaha~

I'm glad the case finally moving forward. Dojima is rather suspicious now, given how those in Yu's group were related to the case somehow... I can understand him feeling like that. The next episode would be very interesting, looking forward to it! ^^

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I envy Yu though... Completing Social links like nothing...

The Gamers all know how nearly impossible it was to complete all of them on our own!

Noato is really cute in the anime... Her boy-ish attitude kinda vanished for good... In the Game she stayed the same way she always was... (Disregarding her social link)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone feel like Yu only fuse Beelzebub just because Shadow!Naoto called him a "small fly"? Beelzebub really did an overkill though I have to admit that Yu probably didn't want to deal with that shadow and wanted to get it over with.

Anyway, it's so cute how Kanji kept blushing around Naoto. At least they have a detective joined the group since she might spot some details that no one noticed before.

And yeah, Dojima is getting suspicious about his nephew. Of course, he's correct that Yu is involved but there is no way he would believe him about the TV world. When Adachi announced that he was the brainiac of the police department, I laughed. I wouldn't trust him with my life since he seems like a bumbling idiot.

It looks like they're going to develop Yu's relationship with his uncle and cousin so we will get two Arcana?

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Did anyone feel like Yu only fuse Beelzebub just because Shadow!Naoto called him a "small fly"? Beelzebub really did an overkill though I have to admit that Yu probably didn't want to deal with that shadow and wanted to get it over with.
    I didn't really notice that. XD I thought he made Beelzebub because he needed a Persona which has a speed like Shadow|Naoto or is immune to his attacks, nothing much, really. That makes sense, though. He might be upset being called like that. XD

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    And yeah, Dojima is getting suspicious about his nephew. Of course, he's correct that Yu is involved but there is no way he would believe him about the TV world. When Adachi announced that he was the brainiac of the police department, I laughed. I wouldn't trust him with my life since he seems like a bumbling idiot.
    Who would? The idea of getting inside TV to find the kidnapped people is just too strange.
    Never trust your life with Adachi. He likes to get drunk too much for his own sake and position as a detective, geez. I can see why Dojima is sometimes upset with him. :P

I wonder what the writing "Stop helping people." we saw at the preview means. ^^

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh that was touching... Loved how they did this...
    Can't say any more because I'm so touched T__T

Thanks for making my most favorite game into such a fine Anime
    Last edited by Skyguardian; March 25, 2014 at 10:31 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Oh that was touching... Loved how they did this...
    Can't say any more because I'm so tocuhed T__T
    I agree. As much as I wish we could get to the part which investigates the culprit behind all those murders as soon as possible, I was glad that we had this one lovely episode. It was great to know deeper about Dojima family, especially now that Yu and us viewers are part of the family. Poor Nanako there, though I could understand what Dojima thought as well. Great to see how they sorted things out. Sweet episode is sweet.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Even after the great School Trip I was worried how they would do in animating the school festival which was one of my favourite parts in the game.

They nailed it. Even more than that. Words can't describe the epicness of this episode.
    Screw Alucard, Screw Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy, screw... them... all... Yu Narukami is the most badass main character ever.

First the groupdate... He was so awesome, even I felt akward looking into his eyes after Yosukes question.
    After that the moment he was grateful for Yukikos performance. This man needs a statue.

I liked they hinted Naoto with a swimsuit unlike the game. Thanks for that.
    I had the same Burning up face and nosebleed as Kanji...
    Don't judge me! XD

By the way.
    Way does anyone voiced by the same seiyuu as Gintoki seem so badass? Even Daisuke (The soccer-guy) is like a total kickass here.

There is only one thing I don't like about the animeversion but you can't blame them for it.
    I really dislike how they rush through the social links. Especially the ones of sidecharacters.
    Of couse you can't fit every sidecharacters story into one episode (which would be utter nonsense because he developed the bonds through the year while attending clubs) but well... You can't make everything perfect.

Other than that I'm kinda worried with the progress of the story looking at the number of remaining episodes.
    Please only read further if you HAVE played the game.
    Spoiler show

All in all this makes way to much to happen for the remaining episodes.
    Does that mean they won't cover the true ending?

---------- Post added March 03, 2012 at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was February 21, 2012 at 03:17 AM ----------

Episode 21:

4 left to go and they increase the speed. There are still missing things but looking at it now they MAY get thourgh the real ending... Not to sure now...
    Episode itself was really great. Is the search for a true ending finally comming to an end?

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Skyguardian; February 20, 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I haven't posted in this thread for awhile...

Episode 18:
    It was such a tearjerker especially when Nanako questioned whether or not her dad truly loves her. Luckily Yu was there to help fix their relationship. The only thing that bugs me is why didn't Yu know about his aunt's death? You would have thought Dojima would have informed his sister about it unless he kept it secret from his sister and her family.

Episode 19 & 20:
    Very entertaining and hilarious episodes and yes, Nanako, Big Bro is a gi-gi-gigolo!

Episode 21:
    Nanako

I feel so bad for Yu. He told the truth to Dojima but his uncle didn't believe him. It was so disheartening to see Yu sitting defeated in the interrogation room and then seeing his pleading to Adachi and Dojima after he saw that Nanako was in danger.

Next week's episode is going to be intense based on the preview.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only seen up to episode 20. The last two episodes were crazy and funny. I enjoyed it, laughed hard, yet I wish we could see more about the plot development, since it's closing to the end. Glad to see that from the preview of episode 21, it seems like it's going to be fun.

I wonder if in anime we would see Yu ended up with one of the girls. I wish he would have been with Yukiko, but then again it would be unfair to fans of other girls, so yeah. XD

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt the animators will set Yu with any of the girls because they do not want to anger the fans if their pairing wasn't the "offical" one. All of the girls' SLs will probably be the friend ending and it looks like Yu is obvious about the girls' feelings toward him just like in the drama CDs. He did have an indirect kiss with Yukiko at the end of episode 20 though. ^^

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Glad to see that from the preview of episode 21, it seems like it's going to be fun.
    Sure is. x)
    Although some things which were shown this episode were better in the game IMHO. But I don't want to spoiler you. x)

---------- Post added March 12, 2012 at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2012 at 06:57 PM ----------

They made that battle very well. Even with the right BGM. Nice one. x)

I'm still not used to such a talkative Yu. x)

I loled really hard at Rises description of his personas. "It's the big fly!" XD

The use of Kohryu was kinda badass to win the fight. :O
    Furthermore they showed Agydyne, Ziodyne, Bufudyne and Garudyne. The change between the styles really was a pain in the ass in the game. Pretty well done.

Naoto really looks like a girl in the Anime. That still confuses me.
    Damn she was cute this week. x)

Nanako... Again I shed tears... T___T

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast