Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 106 to 113 of 113

Thread: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

  1. #106
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

    So I watched it and the directors Cut of 25.
    All in all the best Anime of a game I have ever seen. I doubt it will be surpassed by any adaption.
    Just superb.

    But well I have one point to criticize. Episode 26 was really baffling.
    And I really missed one of my favourite lines of the game, where Yosuke cheers everyone up in front of Izanami with "Time for the grand finale". This was the line making my will burst to destroy Izanami with everything I got.
    Well what's done is done.

    I never wanted to cry at the final scene... But I did... T.T

  2. #107
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

    What were you confused about?

    I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

  3. #108
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

    Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    What were you confused about?
    Maybe I used the wrong word.
    It didn't feel right for me and this phenomena with the illusion was already kinda used back in a different arc.

    As i said. It wasn't completely satisfying for me because it didn't follow the original story.

  4. #109
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

    I'm not too touched with this true ending as well. The main reason will be the strange plot this episode has; I wasn't able to say clearly what this part actually wanted to show me. The other reason is because it has been so long since the anime "finished", so the hype is already lost.

    I don't understand this episode, almost don't understand it at all. They seem to be trapped in a world created by Yu's shadow? But how did they get in there in the first place? How did Yu realize that something was wrong in the first place?

    Someone help.

  5. #110
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

    I was surprised to see a new episode for Persona 4 - I just accepted that the anime was just going to end where it did. I was a little annoyed how episode 25 had ended, and just accepted that was the ending they were going to for, so I very much appreciated the events of episode 26. I feel more at ease.

    I like how episode 26 reflect the several endings of the game. I'm glad they added Adachi's letter - Adachi being my favourite character of the game, was a little annoyed that is was cut from episode 25 (or should have been 24? I can't remember now). So yes, I'm content with the ending now.

    Quote Quote:
    They seem to be trapped in a world created by Yu's shadow? But how did they get in there in the first place? How did Yu realize that something was wrong in the first place?
    Margaret (blonde hair woman) was fighting Yu to wake him up and fight Izanami.

    My memory may be a little hazy (since I can't really remember what happened in episode 25 aside from the ending), but in the game, if you left the protagonist (Yu) and let the fog overrun the town, you basically have to repeat the day until you get one of the endings or else you would be forever in a loop.

  6. #111
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I don't understand this episode, almost don't understand it at all. They seem to be trapped in a world created by Yu's shadow? But how did they get in there in the first place? How did Yu realize that something was wrong in the first place?

    Someone help.
    I believe that Izanami put Yu into an illusion since she knew that he did not really want to leave his friends, which was why the day before he was supposed to leave was looped. However, Yu began to suspect something was up since he noticed the day repeating. When he confronted the gas station attendant, I believed that he remembered what happened (e.g. his friends were inflicted with Thousand Curses and he lost them) and wanted to be with his friends again, let himself be trapped into the illusion until Margaret knocked some sense into him.

    Yu's shadow appeared because he was denying the fact that he was going to leave Inaba and wishing to deny reality. Anyway, that is what I believe anyway.

    I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #112
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

    Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    I believe that Izanami put Yu into an illusion since she knew that he did not really want to leave his friends, which was why the day before he was supposed to leave was looped. However, Yu began to suspect something was up since he noticed the day repeating. When he confronted the gas station attendant, I believed that he remembered what happened (e.g. his friends were inflicted with Thousand Curses and he lost them) and wanted to be with his friends again, let himself be trapped into the illusion until Margaret knocked some sense into him.

    Yu's shadow appeared because he was denying the fact that he was going to leave Inaba and wishing to deny reality. Anyway, that is what I believe anyway.
    Ah, thank you very much! Now it makes sense more, hehe~

    I'm quite happy to see character developments of everyone in this series, especially since they are related to shadows of themselves. For Yu we haven't really seen anything from him, and when he was given power he didn't have to face his shadow like others have to. So this was actually quite sweet.

  9. #113
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Persona 4 the ANIMATION

    In the game there is the bad end. If you never notice Adachi as the perpetrator then Nanako dies and Yu leaves the town while the world is doomed.
    Atlus takes bad end really literaly... Looking how Persona 3's annihilated mankind totally... Persona 4 only... transform them... XD

    So Persona 4 has 3 endings. Episode 26 tried to cover the real good ending but as I said I'm not really happy with it...

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts