Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 47 Discussion / 48 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 47 Discussion / 48 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    ShiWoon needed to use her because he had no other options. The sunwoo clan was not helping him learn martial arts nor was the doctor able to help him any-further. This is a case of mutual - use and that fact that he pointed that out himself lets us know that he is aware of what is happening or the situation. Which only means he took the best option or hopped on the best road that he could to gain what he needed, mainly attempt to gain back his powers. I don't think that makes him dumbed down or even made this a plot hole.
    It could be like that, but there is no evidence for it in any of Shioon's "thoughts" the author showed us. However as I said in my previous post, I think he did have options: Gyu-Bum and the SunWoo elder who taught him. Both of them are completely loyal to him over elder Kwon. The Heavenly Way school and their leader So-Chun Hyuk is another option (he really wanted him to progress as a martial artist so if there was a possibility, he would jump at it). I guess we'll see.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiro Hayase's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@svyatoslav

True you never explicitly stated that she was "evil", but that was the impression I was getting and I needed a word to describe that mysterious side of Sera. Also, its true he could have asked Gyu-Bum Yi or Elder Jang-Il Jeong, but Sera is the better option since the Sunwu clan are plotting against him, specifically Elder Kwon. Only a small minority in the Sunwu clan genuinely supported Shioon as clan head, so outside help like Sera would be better in his situation. At that point in time, Sera was neither an enemy or ally of Shioon, so she would be a person to go to and plus they both want to oppose the S.U.C.

Once again, I believe it was never her objective to kill Shioon. She wanted to confirm whether he was with the S.U.C. or not, since she's not interested in revenge. She may have used threats (I think of them as bluffs), but her subordinates never used force on Shioon, it was Ji-gun who actually lured him out there using Saehee's phone.

Now the S.U.C. would go after Shioon whether he had the ability to use ki or not, since his existence was a threat to S.U.C. and their goals. One of the S.U.C. top five stated "no wonder the leader was interested in you" which can also mean that the leader was interested in Shioon not becuase of his combat prowess, but for something else. I highly doubt that Sera's conspiring with S.U.C. and or set that all up, since she didn't know that most of Shioon injuries would heal within half a day. Plus, its the next day after Shioon's fight with Ji-gun. So her setting everything up is highly unlikely.

When Sera told Shioon that she's betting her murim chip on him exclusively, that was equivalent to swearing an allegiance to him and offering companionship. Before Shioon resolved himself to re-enter the murim, Sera stated that in the murim world placing her chip on anyone is like risking their life. She did not want to bet her life on a indecisive individual like Shioon (he didn't want to enter the murim world again because his teacher probably did not want him to) at the time.

I wouldn't say that she's trying to play all four sides, since her clan is associated with the Sunwu clan. Sera didn't deny the fact that she's using him, similar to how Shioon's using her. That's sincerity right there, admitting it so bluntly like that. When Sera said "He's smarter than he looks" I thought of that as a joke, not a serious plot development. The reason why Sera's not blindly declaring war against the S.U.C. is very simple, its hard to pinpoint where headquarters of the S.U.C. is. They are like an elusive terrorist group, hiding amongst the populace only taking action when ordered to by their superiors. The S.U.C. want an all-out war, to create mayhem in the Murim world. The Sunwu clan can't move either or take action because their enemies will just use it as a excuse to attack them like in the past, the Sunwu clan is in no position to be declaring war on anyone since the clan is in shambles right now.

Sera cannot rely on the alliance either since they are preoccupied with the Black Forest Defense Group (9AD's group) and the escalating problems of murim fighting in the open along with other serious crimes. So its reasonable why Sera took that sort of action with Shioon, she also stated that since he's 9AD's only disciple, Shioon has the best chance to defeat and delegitimize S.U.C. by standing up against them.

When Shioon met 9AD (Chun-Woo Han) for the first time, he asked for his help despite knowing what kind of person he was since the beginning. Shioon has the ability to always see the good in other people, same with Sera and Shiho. Even after Shiho gave that dangerous medicine to Shioon (that nearly killed him) in part 1, he still trusts her after that incident. Additionally, This isn't the type of manwha where betrayal is a major theme, so I doubt it (your suspicions for Sera).

P.S. I'm not going to quote your whole post since it takes so much space and both of us seem to write a lot lol. Haha your just like me, I always get carried when I'm writing about something interesting. It's tough keeping my writing at a minimum and brief. Also, I edited out some stuff in my earlier post, so please read it again if you have time.
    Last edited by Hiro Hayase; October 21, 2011 at 09:06 PM.
    "Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by svyatoslav View Post
    It could be like that, but there is no evidence for it in any of Shioon's "thoughts" the author showed us. However as I said in my previous post, I think he did have options: Gyu-Bum and the SunWoo elder who taught him. Both of them are completely loyal to him over elder Kwon. The Heavenly Way school and their leader So-Chun Hyuk is another option (he really wanted him to progress as a martial artist so if there was a possibility, he would jump at it). I guess we'll see.
    If he trained more with elder he would have improved his physical body's strength. I do not believe that kind of training would have helped him with his ki issue. Which is what ShiWoon was after the most. Same for Chun Hyuk, he might have been willing to help ShiWoon but thats not the kind of help Shiwoon was after.

I think by this stage, ShiWoon wants to protect and standup for what he believes with his own strength. Prove the SUC are fakes by using what he learned from 9arts. Using the sunwoo elder and Chun Hyuk would not have accomplished that. Its very probable he could have sought out either one of them. The Sunwoo clan might be harder to reach due to the elder Kwons influence.

Having said that I believe he can and might turn to them as they're his allies, if needed perhaps during a big fight against the suc.

The only moment where Shiwoon showed a thought to why Sera was helping or realizing was that brief moment where he talked to her about her motive. I don't remember the specific content or page but I think it was brief or passing covo.
    Last edited by Charlie; October 21, 2011 at 09:02 PM.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5