Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: What's your favorite Manhua?

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's your favorite Manhua?

The title of the thread is pretty self-explanatory. What's your favorite manhua? I've read loads of manga, a little bit of manhwa, but unfortunately almost no manhua. As I'd like to change that, why not tell me a little bit about your favorite series? Give me a good reason to check it out.

As of now, I've only read a couple of manhua series written by Benjamin, my favorite of which was probably One Day (MU link). It's a collection of one-shots, some drawn in black & white, some done in color, but all have Benjamin's gorgeous artwork. Highly recommend anything by him. Even if you don't usually care for this type of story, his stuff is sure to be visually stimulating. Give it a try. :3

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apellon's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's your favorite Manhua?

i ve been reading manhwa for more than 10 years ... so some of them i already forgot the names ....
    but at the moment , i would say that this is my ranking :
    1- Tower of God
    2- Breaker
    3- noblesse
    4- Feng Shen Ji ( a name that i never remember ... )

i liked ares , angio onshi and all ... but i have to say that those stand out ...

= Noblesse takes a long time at least 20chapters to start becoming interessting, but its a great flick... it is even more interesting when the vampire leaders start to enter the serie.... Yet the plot is a little too simple , and their is barely any character dev. this with the fact that people are stronger but their is no real reason or explanation or logic in it , it s only power.

= Feng : has lot of potential , it starts very differently that expected and its going in a very different direction that expected also , this manhwa is getting deeper and deeper with more and more possibilities, but its too soon to say if its gonna deliver .... anyhow for now , its an amazing manhwa.

= Breaker , is legit ... what can we say more? great stuff , i mean probably everyone reads it already... its one of those story that takes easily 20 chapter to start but the breaker , its undeniable , is one of the top readings right now. The charchter dev and the plot is very interesting and turns all over the place... and its really epic lot of action good stuff.

=Tower of God : now my little fav ... why ? cause it reminds me of the good time of HunterXhunter , but it could become even better.. lot of potential.. its like gon and kirua have been born again in a world that holds even more opportunities for them.... (also HxH was amazing but became only ok during Greedisland... and after greed ... dat insects monsters things really killed HxH.. that arch was so lame ... i guess that why now its in a huge hiatus .. nevertheless Hxh is amazing )
    HxH aside ! why is it so great ? well easy , the art is great, its a whole new world ! its different ! the tower all the levels , all this families , all this things really make TOG unique , it has its own systeme and gods , yet everything is a test ! everything is "shounen" oriented ! will they be able to climb the tower ?

what is more fascinating to me (and thats why i love Hxh or TOG ..) is that its not only fights with a guy wich is more powerful , brainless plot with only someone getting stronger and stronger you dont really fully understand why.... yes it has this , ofcourse their is powerful people... but a big thing is that everything has an explanation !
    when they fight or pass their tests ( cause they have challenge and tournaments everyother time) , well its intelligent ! their is a reason! .. Fisherman / spearbearer / lighthouse / wavecontroller , everyone has a different role and become better not only by increasing their power but also using their power the smart way.

all that aside , i m also very suprised by the plot dev. of the story , wich is really nice, and less cliche than most mangas or manhua ... expect to be suprised !! now for those like me reading TOG , you would agree : What the "F.U.G" is happening to baam ?

alright peace hope some people will have enough conviction to start reading those 4 titles
    thank me later.

ps: and yes @Nast.J is right , i got confused with manhua and manhwa .... and would say that Feng shen is then also the most interesting one to me ... and i dont feel like erasing all the other things i wrote ( it took some time :P .. out of topic but, oh well... )
    Last edited by apellon; April 09, 2013 at 11:39 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

@apellon: I think you've confused manwhas with manhuas. Tower of god, Noblesse, The Breakers are manwhas (korean webcomics) but manhuas are chinese webcomics like Feng Shen Ji (that you mentionned), City of Darkness etc..

As for me, my favorite is Feng Shen Ji, I don't read many manhuas but this one left me the biggest impression. The characters are interesting, the story is fascinating and advancing slowly but surely. The universe that has been created is so huge : the gods with their city's , the humans and the old gods ; the plot is pretty unpredictable .And last but not least, the art which happens to be amazing.

What more could you ask?
    Last edited by Nast.J; April 09, 2013 at 08:04 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apellon's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    @apellon: I think you've confused manwhas with manhuas. Tower of god, Noblesse, The Breakers are manwhas (korean webcomics) but manhuas are chinese webcomics like Feng Shen Ji (that you mentionned), City of Darkness etc..
    yea thanks ... i always get them mixed up

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

King Of Hell, hands down.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Do Lao Fu Zi count?
    Been reading that since I was 5 along with Dragon Ball wahahaha...

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    King Of Hell, hands down.
    This is also a manhwa (Korean comic)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mazino's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

City of Darkness,it has everything,great story/plot(s),great fights and i like the art

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lasix's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite two are Tower of God and One Piece
    To mention some that more or less surprised me and i really enjoy reading:
    - Magician
    - Kubera
    - Rakshasa Street
    - Ability
    - Flow
    - Akame
    - City of dead sorcerer

Hope you enjoy them and looking forward to your recommendations

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: What's your favorite Manhua?

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Do Lao Fu Zi count?
    Been reading that since I was 5 along with Dragon Ball wahahaha...

I used to read 老夫子 (Lao Fu Zi) since I was a kid too. There were some other characters that always appeared together with him. Lao Fu Zi also had a girlfriend and his date with her was always a failure. Well, so were his two other friends. They got a lot of "slaps" from girls all the time. It was very funny. Hmm.. It may be hard to find these comics anymore. They must be considered as "collectors' items" now.

The current manhua I have been reading are 1/2 Prince and The Legend of Sun Knight. They are adapted from light novels of the same author. I have read the novels and they are very well written. The artwork in the manga is very well drawn as well. The stories are coupled with good sense of humour and creativity. I have enjoyed very much.

Lao Fu Zi (the old man) and his friends

~~~+~~~Do You Love Me?~~~+~~~

New Reply