Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Own Hatsu!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Make your own hatsu!

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    That means that your aura is inflammable? What if someone throws a cig at you after making a tiny hole? :O You know...I would try to protect the suit instead of the Tonfa for that matters. The whole technique is more suited to Transformation that Materialization, since you can actually fight without the Tonfa and you could just make one. It lacks that special property that Materialization gives to the things created.
    Only emitted nen in inflammable but that just a detail. And I deliberatly want something which is flawed.
    The thing is that I like Emission group way better but those fucking tests on internet give me in the materialization group all the time .

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hatsu Type: Specialization

Name: Devil's Teaching

Contract type-Hatsu which is triggered by conversation.
    The target cannot physically harm and/or use Nen against the user and objects/people the user is directly touching with both hands while under the influence of Devil's Teaching. Target is given any random amount of power boost which they are unable to use.

Limitations:
    Target must respond to the user with the words of affirmation when the user talks about random information.
    The target must be within 15 meters of the target at all times or else Devil's Teaching is cancelled.
    The target gains any positive characteristic based on the information uttered by the user.
    EX: The Speed of a cheetah is 70 kph (target's maximum body speed when using Nen is increased to 200%)
    The target can break the ability by rebuking the information uttered by the user as false.
    The target's increased capabilities linger for 30 days if the ability is broken and the user is forced into Zetsu for an hour.
    Last edited by hardedge; October 13, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Only emitted nen in inflammable but that just a detail. And I deliberatly want something which is flawed.
    The thing is that I like Emission group way better but those fucking tests on internet give me in the materialization group all the time .
    For that matters and reading your post since long as I have, I would say you're Emission over Materialization as well.
    EDIT: Although now that I think better, you're clearly Intensification.
    Last edited by Uriel; October 13, 2011 at 09:55 PM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to think of something exclusive to one Hatsu type. It's easy to think about creating summons or projectiles with emission, but usually one goes over to Manipulation, Materialization or Transformation too easily, when trying to think of something. It's easier to avoid Specification and Reinforcement, but the other three keep falling into it.

I thought of an emitted shield, but that would sort of come into Transformation or Conjuration. I thought of emitting Nen inside people to change something in them, but it felt like Manipulation. I have something on my mind right now, but it has to be carefully developed in order to not escape Emission as a priority. It's easier to think for others than for one's self.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, an emitted shield is plausible still. There would be a level of transformation to it but it would still be minimal. You probably won't need strict conditions to make it resistant and it would be invisible to normal people too. Would it work something like captain america's shield lol? Emitted techniques don't all have to be simple balls and whatnot. Knuckle, zeno and razor all had emitted non conjured nen things with shapes and abilities.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    It's easier to think for others than for one's self.
    You've to look inside, young padawan.

Actually the technique I made that no one commented, bitches, was after at least 3 years of not knowing what I like in life. True story. Until I arrived to that word, to that thing that made me whole or described me the better.

Think on a word that describes you. Then think into something you like and something you're good at it. Only then we can say what's your technique and how to apply it to your particular Hatsu.

PS: I was thinking on test to determine your Hatsu, since I agree Internet lacks of a good one. Should I make a new thread or just here?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hatsu Type: Emission
    Name: Shade Demon

Aura is sprayed in the air and goes into someone's body through breathing, like a virus. Nobody protects their lungs with Aura, and normal air has to get through, so it's usually an open spot. Once inside, Nen comes together and takes the shape of an entity watching every step of that person and sending information back to me. Information includes body status and aura movements and skills. If the infested person ever think of attacking me, that will trigger metabolic effects on the individual leading to corrosion of stomach by its own acid and loss of consciousness.

Its main purpose is gathering of info. If the person becomes an enemy, suddenly will start losing consciousness and its own stomach will act as a timed bomb, corroding its walls till the person dies. The condition is that Nen must act from inside the person to outside, otherwise none of this works. The effects can all be countered with regular medication, but one would have to know what is the deal preemptively, otherwise there wouldn't be available time.

Upon need, aura can come into the bloodstream of a person through a seringe or a wound just the same as it would with breathing. The latter is just the standard method.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like this thread, lot of fun!

But I have hard time thinking of a personal hatsu, since I can't really decide what nen type I'd be. I guess based on Hisokas definition and other references I guess Manipulation, but quizzes give me Materialization, Transformation and special nearly as often. I'd count out the special, since I'm not too charismatic... I have a few ideas for Manipulation and Materialization. I'll post here as soon as I come up with details.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Make your own hatsu!

As I said earlier, My favourite Hatsu is Emission. My reason is quite simple: I don't like to fight physically (while I have no issue to do so with words ).

So, this is the ability I imaginated for this specific Hatsu.

Name: Cylinder

Explanation:
    Generation of the Cylinder:
    Basically you can generate a cylinder of nen around your body. And it's done in two steps:
    Step 1) the cylinder is generated with emission
    Step 2) Using Manipulation, nen is spinning at maximum speed in a anti-clockwise direction
    Release of the Cylinder:
    A drawing will be clearer than an explanation:
    Spoiler show

Effects:
    Cylinder Generated:
    Any attacks will be deflected by the high speed spinning nen
    Cylinder Released:
    A deadly nen slash will basically be released.

Conditions/Drawbacks
    Cylinder Generated:
    - Height can only be chosen at step 1.
    - Cylinder is not a sphere ... So, you're not protected from ground attacks & sky attacks.
    - Generated cylinder is immobile. It's staying at the same place until release.
    Cylinder Released:
    - The "slash" is the one & only way to release the cylinder. It means, that once the cylinder is generated,
    a slice must be made to release it.
    Last edited by zelllogan; October 14, 2011 at 04:52 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardedge View Post
    Hatsu Type: Specialization
    Name: Devil's Teaching
    This technique fits actually in Manipulation perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Hatsu Type: Emission
    Name: Shade Demon
    I assume that you use IN with it since it will be easily detected the flow between one place or another and even if not, En should be enough to detect a different kind of nen in one's own body.
    Name: Cylinder
    Ohhh, interesting. Kinda reminds me of Kaito' Scythe attack. Powerful. Although it would be better if you could move it at least in a sphere if you get what I mean.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Name: The Satchel
    Hatsu:Materialization

Description:

User conjures a satchel. Something like this.. You can store items of any size and weight in the satchel. For the the user, the weight of the bag only increses one tenth of the objects real weight. So considering a decent hunter is able to lift atleast one of Zoldycks gates, 4 tons, the weight of the satchel can be 40 tons. Thats fricking lot of stuff. For others than the conjurer himself, the weight of the satchel is the real weight of the items within it. So here is the battle application of it - 40 tons swing to the face. However, that is just theoretical. If this would be really my hatsu, the weight would be considerably less, even if we were in HxH universe, I still wouldn't be physically that strong. And it is totally different to lift 4 tons, than carry it around all the time. The bag can also store nen. Side pocket incules (an also conjured) notebook which has automatically updated list of what is within the bag and the real weight.

Conditions/flaws:
    - Requires also some extent of mastery of manipulation (the weight part, and items shrinking when near the entrance of the bag)

- One can only store objects that are his own, or have the agreement of the objects real owner, however objects can be stolen following certain guidelines:
    1. Stolen object can be stored within the satchel for 30 mins. After that it shoots out from the bag and cannot be put back in. This sets a time limit
    2. If you can within the 30mins buy the object from the owner, or make him give/borrow it to you or defeat him you can keep it in the bag.
    3. Defeat doesn't mean necessarily battle. Can be any sort of challenge the owner of the object agrees to. Chess, janken, whatever. Very simple way of dealing this is taunting the owner in the challenge of "tag". "Haha, you get it back if you can catch me" If he starts chasing you, he has unconsiously agreed to the challenge of tag. In which case you need to just avoid him/her for the 30 mins

- Storing nen is a double edged sword. Asuming you managed to win the stolen ability with 30min challenge, it is still one time use only. You can of course use it right a way after putting it in the bag, but then it isn't yours, and can't be controlled exactly. Also, let's consider the ability you stole in the bag is something like Uvos Big Bang. (Like putting the open satchel in front of the punch) A) The weight of the bag suddenly increases like crazy, even if the nen doesn't exactly have a weight. It comes from the power/level of the nen used B) don't expect anything else in the bag being intact after that. Broken to shards, the objects dissappear, and you lose valuable weight of the bag. However, note that if you have friends with strong nen skills, you can always carry a free one-time-use copy of that power with you. But the compability issues affect the strenght of the attack.

- To put in or to take something from the back requires you to have the notebook on the other hand, and your eyes on it as the object name and weight appears to the list. This of course takes your both hands, and focus of vision, making you rather vulnerable for a short period. Makes stealing nen abilities extremely hard.

- As we know, the conjured item must stay close to the user. If you leave the bag somewhere for long enough it explodes. The size of the explosion depends on how much stuff you have in it. Can be used as a bomb, but conjuring it again takes a lot of time and energy, also everything within is destroyed.

Hmm, maybe that is too complex for a materialization ability. Might even slip to special.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Ustegius>> Your ability is an immense melting pot of existing things:
    - Novu's ability
    - The ability of that guy with the cape who took everything in Yorkshin.
    - There is also the "stealing" principle from Kuroro or Leol.

Basically, it's based on the Hammer Space principle but involve stolen nen as well.

It's way too complicated for materialization IMO.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, it got too complex. When thinking of it I really didn't think of already seen abilities, but it also struck me that it has something from of the ones you mentioned (and bit of Deme-chan too). But it ain't identical to any of those abilities. No multiple rooms or enterances to the created dimension, no people can enter. Owl guys cape is the closest, but still different. Only like Kuroro or Leol, the ability stealing is for one-time use only; hardly worth the trouble. Storing stuff and hitting with it is very similar to Deme-chan idea, though no suction or teeth. But yeah, got too complex. Basicly it could be just simplified to a bag which can store (almost, weight limit, no nen) anything, but which doesn't weight anything to the conjurer, but that would be just boring.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I know, it got too complex. When thinking of it I really didn't think of already seen abilities, but it also struck me that it has something from of the ones you mentioned (and bit of Deme-chan too). But it ain't identical to any of those abilities. No multiple rooms or enterances to the created dimension, no people can enter. Owl guys cape is the closest, but still different. Only like Kuroro or Leol, the ability stealing is for one-time use only; hardly worth the trouble. Storing stuff and hitting with it is very similar to Deme-chan idea, though no suction or teeth. But yeah, got too complex. Basicly it could be just simplified to a bag which can store (almost, weight limit, no nen) anything, but which doesn't weight anything to the conjurer, but that would be just boring.
    I find funny that most of us are coming up with abilities with really original conditions but the basic idea behind each ability was already seen somewhere.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

@Ust: You know, storing Nen is different than storing a technique. Not every technique can be stored and even if so, some of them are hard to use for the others. Not to mention the special conditions of each one and how many of those you can store.
    Also...A Big bang attack is as strong as a bazooka. That means you can store those kind of projectiles? What is the limit of the force you can store? How would you measure that? You Ren? Your Ten? Your Kou? Storing with just opening is a too easy condition for such a technique. I don't critique the effects, but I think the conditions are just weak for the effects.
    I find funny that most of us are coming up with abilities with really original conditions but the basic idea behind each ability was already seen somewhere.
    It's kinda hard to come up with something completely original, actually, since the superpower lottery is well known :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

New Reply
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast