Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Own Hatsu!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Make your own hatsu!

To be honest I would think storing things is something that would be somewhat of a deep ability and would require some more strict conditions. Even with the cape I don't think you would be able to store something that the cape can't cover to begin with. Shizuku has been implied to have one of the rarest abilities in the ryodan and even then she can't suck up living things although it is worth mentioning she can indeed suck things infinitely. Making an infinite space of sorts would require strict conditions just for it to exist and stealing would require even stronger conditions. Unless you are a specialization (in which case the rules don't apply to you) then I don't think this ability is actually viable.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and even Shizukus ability has a limit. Atleast according to wiki she can only return the item sucked in last. Dunno how accurate that is though, since I don't remember it being mentione in the manga.

Makes me wonder what kinda constrictions Knovs Safe House had. Don't remember anymore.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Knov's ability does not have infinite space if I recall. The manga hasn't elaborated much on knov's ability nor its restrictions though. This is what the manga says about shizuku's ability.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...09/c077/4.html
    It is quite weird that she does not even know where the stuff goes IMO. more so, it seems stuff she absorbs is kinda lost forever..... it would be cool if she simply would send a camera in and back just to see lol.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that it actually says "what Shizuku considers living". Shows that the nen ability has lot to do with the users personality and mindset. Maybe Shizukus rare ability is possibble only due to her certain simpleness and absent-mindness. But the camera thing would be bit scary. I'd predict a sea of blood. With some corpses and other objects here and there.

But to stay on topic, here is simple manipulation one. Since we've seen a handfull of Hunter specialized in manipulating certain type of animals (dogs, leeches, and now birds). Well, considering my personal tastes the animal would be obvious

Type: Manipulation
    Name: Meow
    Description: User is specialized in manipulating feline creatures. The longer you've known the cat and more it respects you the easier it comes to communicate and manipulate it. Minimum requirement to manipulate any cat is a touch. However, the bigger cat the harder it gets. The more of the following rules are met, more complex orders can be given to the cat, and more accurately it follows them.
    -Scratching behind ear or under chin. Petting in general
    - Feeding it fish or other treats
    - Being able to catch it
    - Defeating it/ making it surrender (lay on its back, legs up, throat exposed, you know what I mean)
    - The time you've known the animal
    - It respects you
    - Understanding the animals individual traits
    - And so on

Maybe with the cats you've had long you could "warg" into. See through their eyes and read thought. Not sure though if that is withing the realms of manipulation. Not particulary strong technique, but it would be totally cool to ride a giant fang tiger.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess "what she considers living things" is what allows her to suck the blood out of someone but not the person itself. I find the use of such a technicality cheap though. Manipulating animals is quite common. We have seen birds and dogs manipulated so far. I would love to see someone manipualte an animal to transform it into something else though, kinda making a 12 foot tall cat with iron claws lol.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

And you don't need too many restrictions to do so, since it's not a hard task.

And the thing about Deme Chan is that it has only a solely function. If your bag had only one function it would be "easier" to work out.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've been thinking about how the Water Divination occurs, and when an Emission user does it, the water changes colour. Pokkle is also an emission user, and he uses colored arrows. I thought first it had to do with Transformation, as color would be a property of matter that Nen can embrace, but now I am starting to think Emission has a relationship to colours. Light is a form of emission, and colors are spectrums of Light. I suppose there's more to it than we currently know about Emission.

Getting to the point, perhaps an Emission user can send to others an entirely misleading view of himself, like an illusion. The way we see others is through light rebounded, and the way Gyo perceives Nen is through the leaking aura. If one can control the emission of light and aura, one can pull a Meleoron and be invisible unless touched by En. And even so, using In, one might mislead even En. But I am not sure one would be able to emit Aura in this way and keep aura around himself under In at the same time.

I don't know if I'm missing something on my thinking.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember when Senritsu projected that field? She is after all Emission, so I guess you're right. I think Emission is also very related to perception in some way. And wasn't a relation between parts of the body and Hatsus said by Wing? I thought it was interesting even if it was not the truth.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It is easier to come up with abilities for emission and materialization, but since the tests i made says i'm transmutations and manipulation (a bit of specialization too) i had a hard time thinking of something! XD

Name of the techinique: tic tac boom
    Nen type: transmutation
    Description: Make the aura mimic the properties of explosives and add it to objects which the user touches (with any naked part of his body. toes, fingers, etc). The explosion can be set to happen in 3 seconds, 30 seconds, or 3 minutes. The strengh of the explosion is determined by the density of the object (weight per unit volume), so small and heavy objects can make more damage. Also, the object can't have more than 1 kilogram.
    Example:Perfect for assassination. The user might touch the button of an elevator as the target is entering, and leave the target for death. the user might be able to touch a pen and set a trap. These actions would work better with the time set for 30 seconds or 3 minutes....
    For actual battles, it would be cool to have custom coins with different densities (to avoid big explosion in dangerous areas). The user could even step in a stone and lead the opponent there for a trap....

Edit: after reading again, i wonder if this would not be specialization.....
    Last edited by ErosVp; October 16, 2011 at 06:22 AM.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember Senritsu doing that right now. I always thought she was Specialization, since she's able to use sound perception, which wouldn't fit so well into any cathegory: Reinforcement of hearing, Perception of emission, heavy condition for using it (her appearance), etc. I always believed she previously needed conditions for having that understanding of music, and after the incident that turned her like that, the conditions were gone (becoming a monster overuled the other conditions). And Neon would perceive the future, so powers related to understanding something odd would be all Specialization. Plus, she's odd, and detail oriented, characteristics that distance her from Emission and aproach her from Specialization.

Anyways, if we come to the conclusion that Emission has more to do with colours than we previously thought, I suppose we could go deeper into creating an Emission hatsu. I've always liked Conjuration a lot, and thought my Hatsu would fall between Manipulation or Specialization, and since we never saw an Emitter actually developing its powers, it's the least known to me. We saw one Reinforcer (Gon), one Transformer (Killua), one Conjurer (Kurapica) and Kurapica got Specialization with the red eyes, so we understand the creation process of each of these. But Manipulation and Emission we need to reverse-engineer in order to create something on those lines.

Except Manipulation is easier to understand, since one must pick something to manipulate and the conditions and pledges to make it happen. Emission on the other hand gets confused with Materialization, and is often used "only" as Nen bullets or huge shots one can walk on top (Zeno's dragon). So it's almost the least creative one, only behind Reinforcement. Afterall, what we'll get inspiration from? Dragonball?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, senritsu's hearing would make more sense as specialization than emission. Her ears aren't emitting anything as far as we know when it comes to her listening things. Perhaps it could be reinforcement of her eardrums or something. Now, the issue with that is that the ability is not developed by her but acquired from listening some cursed song. I did think the effect of the songs she played was through emitting her nen through the flute though.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't remember WHERE but She STATED She was Emission. Damn I must be seeing things.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact she got her powers late in life indicates Specialization as well, just like Kurapica's red eyes. Other Hatsu types are inherently present, only Specialization appears due to special events in one's life.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Own Hatsu!

A last one & my personal fav

Hatsu type:
    Emission

Ability: "Push"

Explanation:
    Nen can be used to propulse yourself or to propulse living beings.

Effects:
    Propulse yourself: Flight, extreme speed
    Propulse living beings: Force Push, self-defense

Conditions:
    - Propulse yourself OR propulse living beings (not both at the same time)
    - "Propulse living beings" can not be used on objects (such as swords ...).
    - "Propulse living beings" is not making an impact on the target. The target is just sent off at high speed. In order to do damage, you have to propulse the living being into something.
    - 0% Reinforcement: So, no close combat through physical contact possible
    - 0% Manipulation
    - 0% Transformation
    - 0% Materialization
    - 0% Specialization
    Last edited by zelllogan; October 18, 2011 at 03:42 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Own Hatsu!

It seems really good, but i still prefer the exoesqueleton!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

New Reply
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast