Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Own Hatsu!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mahado's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Own Hatsu!

That is actually the most logical idea for my ability. As a manipulator, I should be able to manipulate light... genius!
    I should think more about that and try to come up with the conditions for it. The materialized room is a wonderful idea, but being only able to use materialization up to 60%, I think it is more logical to go with this one.

Obviously, I am not thinking about freely bending the light, I only want to make it dimmer (decrease its brightness). I am not sure if there are any other conditions to that though. The ability isn't complicated/overpowered to need anything else. What do you guys think?

For linking the post, I just went back to the post I made, and clicked on the number of the post on the top right corner. I copied the URL and just added it as link to whatever word I want to use for the link. For example, your post that you just made is #345.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

I see your point kkck.
    I am not sure if I want to limit my ability to be only used inside a conjured room though. Do you think it is too hax to be used freely? I had the impression that it wasn't so bad to be able to use it to some extend, as in only visual and auditory illusions, and have other senses be affected with some other condition like in the room or in darkness.

Having to materialize (I prefer using materialize over conjure) a room in order to be effective in combat seems to be too restrictive. Since I have manipulation, my reinforcement is pretty weak, and I would be almost useless in hand to hand combat.
    If we are going with that however, I think that the room as you said won't be complex to be able to develop it relatively fast. As I said, I am not sure how flexible it would be to have conditions to materialization, but I would have it be easy to set up, since without it, I would be powerless. If this was the condition to use illusions however, would you say that the room would be the only condition there is (as in, I would remove all the other conditions for it)?

You keep mentioning Leorio's ability, but I am really sorry I can't relate to it. I have only read up to the ant arc (only tell gon gain that form too). I stopped once they announced the new anime, and decided to start watching it and stopped reading manga. Because of that, your last paragraph is not really clear to me. What kind of pledge would I need to "show my determination"?

PS. I just realized that you are the same Captain-Commander Yamamato that started the thread . Nice new Avatar!
    "Illusions... real illusions
    Within an illusion is the real illusion.
    From an illusion will sprout another illusion.
    Within a lie hides the the truth.
    Hidden in truth is a lie.
    This is the Mist."

-Mukuro Rokudo

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner emerZone's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

now im the one who needs help i want to strengthen my ability Staff of Wisdom .. i mean 25 words of incantation is hella hard to memorize .. so any idea on how to memorize everything ? and i want to power it up but i have no idea on how to ))

thnks for the help im going to recieve
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you are a materializer, you can materialize more items to help you with that. For example, you can materialize a spell book which has the spells written on it so you can read from it. Or have a condition saying that if you are holding the staff in one hand and the book opened on the other one, you can read shortened version of the incantation for faster casting. Since you are holding items in both hands, your will be more vulnerable to attacks.

Other than the 25 word incantation, what kind of limitations do have on your spells? Or what kind of spells can you actually cast?
    This is the Mist."

-Mukuro Rokudo

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mahado View Post
    That is actually the most logical idea for my ability. As a manipulator, I should be able to manipulate light... genius!
    I should think more about that and try to come up with the conditions for it. The materialized room is a wonderful idea, but being only able to use materialization up to 60%, I think it is more logical to go with this one.

Obviously, I am not thinking about freely bending the light, I only want to make it dimmer (decrease its brightness). I am not sure if there are any other conditions to that though. The ability isn't complicated/overpowered to need anything else. What do you guys think?

For linking the post, I just went back to the post I made, and clicked on the number of the post on the top right corner. I copied the URL and just added it as link to whatever word I want to use for the link. For example, your post that you just made is #345.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

I see your point kkck.
    I am not sure if I want to limit my ability to be only used inside a conjured room though. Do you think it is too hax to be used freely? I had the impression that it wasn't so bad to be able to use it to some extend, as in only visual and auditory illusions, and have other senses be affected with some other condition like in the room or in darkness.

Having to materialize (I prefer using materialize over conjure) a room in order to be effective in combat seems to be too restrictive. Since I have manipulation, my reinforcement is pretty weak, and I would be almost useless in hand to hand combat.
    If we are going with that however, I think that the room as you said won't be complex to be able to develop it relatively fast. As I said, I am not sure how flexible it would be to have conditions to materialization, but I would have it be easy to set up, since without it, I would be powerless. If this was the condition to use illusions however, would you say that the room would be the only condition there is (as in, I would remove all the other conditions for it)?

You keep mentioning Leorio's ability, but I am really sorry I can't relate to it. I have only read up to the ant arc (only tell gon gain that form too). I stopped once they announced the new anime, and decided to start watching it and stopped reading manga. Because of that, your last paragraph is not really clear to me. What kind of pledge would I need to "show my determination"?

PS. I just realized that you are the same Captain-Commander Yamamato that started the thread . Nice new Avatar!
    Well, in that case you would be using 2 completely different abilities though. You have a hatsu for manipulating light and a hatsu for manipulating the enemy's senses to make the illusion. I guess the combination of the 2 could work.

Manipulation abilities never really work freely as far as we have seen, specially when it comes to manipulating other people. Even for simple illusions you would need to fulfill a set of conditions for the ability to work. When manipulation users have manipulated people they usually have to either put something on them (an antenna, needles or kiss them for example) to begin with or have them fulfill some sort of condition for the manipulation to take place. I guess an illusion is less extreme than controlling someone... I do get the impression you would need to fulfill some sort of condition to actually be able to use the illusion. The idea of manipulating light around you should work and perhaps limiting your illusion to a dark area would be ideal. You would need to figure out how your ability would work at night though.

Materialization and conjuration are the same thing. Maybe you meant transformation over conjuration? The issue here would be that transformation is rather far from manipulation. Conjuration is right next to specialization however transformation is at the opposite end from manipulation.

I don't think I have mentioned leorio's ability... Anyways, it shouldn't really be relevant here. Leorio's ability is most likely primarily emission and requires transformation and manipulation. Emission is obvious, transformation for the fist shape and manipulation for controlling the nen at a distance.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That does sound logical. Hisoka was able to have 2 transmutation abilities and was able to use them at the same time. I am also not planning on making the light manipulation ability that powerful at all. The only thing about light that I would be able to control is how bright it is, and not be able to make it completely pitch black dark. I don't think it needs conditions really, but I am open for suggestions.

As for the fulfillment of conditions, do you think it needs something more than what it already has? I mentioned some restrictions before which are not that extreme to be honest, just because I wasn't sure if it was necessary to add more or not. I am talking about the eye-contact, the target being unsure, not being in physical contact with someone out of the illusion, and not being able to control more than one illusion at a time.
    The eye contact is basically the only condition I have. The rest are more of restrictions for the ability. I will gladly think of something else if you think it needs more restrictions/conditions to be fulfilled.

What I meant was that I prefer using the word materialization over conjuration to describe this type of hatsu. I wasn't referring to transmutation/transformation on that post. Both are pretty far from manipulation, materialization is a bit better for a manipulator, but I still think that basing an ability on that hatsu would be pretty hard to develop and master.

I went back to read your posts again, I could have sworn that I saw you mentioning Leorio and Hisoka (not Gon and Killua) when you mentioned En. I also remember you talking about Leorio instead of Gon when explaining the battlecry... I must have been really tired when I read them, or is it possible that it was changed for April's fool?
    I am not sure, but this is really weird...
    This is the Mist."

-Mukuro Rokudo

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ok ok nice idea ! so here's my new ability and I edited my Staff of Wisdom skill

Staff of Wisdom

Type: Conjuration
    Ability: This ability allows the user to conjure a hand held stave with a rainbow colored circle crystal on top. This will make the user control elements at will. And cast any incantations he wants.
    Notes and Vows: To cast spells the user should at least say 25 words of what kind of power the user will be using and what effect or what will it do after the incantation. in short, the user will call out the kind of power and then call the instructions on how the power should act.
    Notes: while casting, the user is vulnerable all of his/her aura is concentrated on the staff. And ONLY when casting the user becomes a SPECIALIZATION type. And while casting incantations there will be numbers that will appear on the crystal ball that counts how many words the user has already said. The more specific the incantation = a stronger spell and thus it needs to have more words to be used. The staff can be concealed using In to hiide the current number of words the user has already chanted.

Book of Spells

Type: Conjuration
    Ability: This ability allows the user to materialize a Floating spellbook that records every incantations the user casts. The spellbook also gives the user a visual presentation of how a spell works. The spell book also has a rainbow colored crystal ball on its Front cover.
    Notes and Vows: The book can only contain up to 100 incantations. when it reaches its capacity and another spell is chanted, the user will have to choose 1 chant to be replaced. The book cannot be destroyed and also cannot be used for offense and defense. Attacks will just pass through it. The crystal ball iin the book shows the number of spells it contains. The book can als be Concealed using In to hide the number of spells the user can use.

COMENTS ANYONE ??
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is one amazing and versatile ability, but the number of things it is capable of is kinda what concerns me about it.

I think that all the conditions that you made for the materialized items are reasonable. However, for the spells themselves, is there any kind of limitations to them? I am guessing you wouldn't be able to cast an incantation that would call upon the powers of nature and earth to bring someone back to life. When can you say that you have reached the limitation of this ability? What kind of things can you do and what kind of things can't you do?
    This is the Mist."

-Mukuro Rokudo

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

well that kuestion made me think. Maybe controlling specific elements might do ..

here are the elements:
    FIRE - wATER - wIND - LIGHT - DARKNESS - STEEL - ELECTRICITY - SPACE - GROUND - SOUND

and i CAN revive someone. but of course the incantation will be ridiculously long and hard .. combination of elements must be exact.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright everyone, help me out! How do you see me? what would you catagorize me as?

for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting thread ithink i will post my ability too

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    Alright everyone, help me out! How do you see me? what would you catagorize me as?
    There are two ways to know your category:
    You could use a quiz to figure out what your type is. There are many quizes out there and they usually give the same results, but I like this one the most. I think it is more accurate.

Also, you could use Hisoka's Analysis to determine what your category is based on your personality, which is basically what the quizzes are using.

I think many people here just came up with an ability and chose the best type suited for it. You could do that too if you want (but where is the fun in that? ).

Can't wait to read your abilities you two :3
    This is the Mist."

-Mukuro Rokudo

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I took the test and i was an emmision 0.0 that was shocking haha! i really thought i am a conjurer so my ability Staff of Wisdom is a fail .. i need to think a new ability then .. HUHU

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emerZone View Post
    I took the test and i was an emmision 0.0 that was shocking haha! i really thought i am a conjurer so my ability Staff of Wisdom is a fail .. i need to think a new ability then .. HUHU
    Why? I think it's more effective as Emission since casting spells requires to send your nen away as blasts.

kkck: About the Emission not being related to teleport (Two pages ago, I know, I'm late) You use nen to move to one place to another. As aura.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emerZone View Post
    same here...emission type users are fairly strong.... you need just to use it's power with wisdom

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by souhail View Post
    same here...emission type users are fairly strong.... you need just to use it's power with wisdom
    Wait...

Use the staff of wisdom with wisdom ?

New Reply
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast