Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 499

Thread: Your Own Hatsu!

  1. #391
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mahado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Some dark place
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    Accurate description of how people would want use nen if we have it in real life.
    "Illusions... real illusions
    Within an illusion is the real illusion.
    From an illusion will sprout another illusion.
    Within a lie hides the the truth.
    Hidden in truth is a lie.
    This is the Mist."

    -Mukuro Rokudo

  2. #392
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ironblade0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    Quote Originally Posted by EverEndingStory View Post
    Reminds me a bit of Nagato's Six Paths of Pain jutsu.
    Huh now that you mention it, It is pretty similar. The 6 of them are all very specialized and coordinated by one guy.
    "We are Pain! We are God!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mahado View Post
    I am wondering what your thoughts are on how the distribution is going to be between them.
    Hmm i never bothered to go into that much detail. Idk I feel like going into it further would just be knit picking.
    One feature I just though of would maybe be splitting up the senses, like having the emitter and manipulator with the eyes, maybe stick the ears on the conjurer or something.




    Btw If I could make my own hatsu I would like the ability to conjure infinite money. Or I could manipulate people into giving me money. Or I could just manipulate an ATM to give me money. Anyone sounds good :3

  3. #393
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    I just took a quiz for what nen type i would have and it was surprisingly Specialization.

    Name: Eternal Sunrise
    Type: Specialization

    This ability gives the user the different nen types: Conjuration, Enhancement and Manipulation. In the form of an "Closed" eye on the user's forehead which is permanently there even after death and cannot deactivate this ability. The eye will open based on the amount of damage inflicted on the user which will then "Open" the eye invoking it's ability "Equalizer".

    Nen Ratio:
    30% Conjuration
    45% Enhancement
    25% Manipulation

    Name: Equalizer
    Type: Conjuration/Enhancement/Manipulation

    This apply a invisible bond to the person who inflicted the most damage upon the user and which gains a certain ability with only that person. The range of this ability is 200 meters.

    The user says a certain phrase to start up "Eternal Sunrise".

    * "I want to hug you!"- Applies the ability to ignore the bonded person's Nen ability completely by Manipulating their Nen via the connection to them up to 2 times.

    * "Zero effort equals Zero gain"- Applies the ability to maximize the user's Enhancement of defensive aura against physical nen based ability of the connected person.

    * "I want to shadow you!"- Applies Enhancement to the user's mobility to improve speed and reflexes. Also Conjures an arrow pointing to the bonded person.

    * "Haha are you joking?"- Applies Conjuration to summon an dagger that can cause mental pain without cutting the skin of the bonded person.

    * "Im a God."- Applies Manipulation on the bonded person's senses to cause them to "lose" the existence of the user, just as long as the user doesn't attack. If that happens it cancels the ability.

    * "Do you love me?"- It makes my manipulation 100%, which changes the user's voice and appearance to the targets most loved person.

    * " Know Thy Neighbor."- Makes the target ask the user a question about the target. If the answer is correct then applies Zetsu on both the target and the user. But if it wrong then applies Ren on both the target and the user. This is a permanent connect that only can be activated and reactivated while the range 50 meters. This is the only ability that allow multiple connection at once only if they done at-least more than 48 hours

    The conditions of this Hastu:

    1. This ability is always activated and only connected to one person at a time.(Except for special abilities)
    2. Provides to protection only against the current target.
    3. Can only start an connection by saying a phrase.
    4. Active connection lasts 8 hours.
    5. Canceled connections makes the Eye stay closed for 30 mins.
    6. If the bonded person dies or escapes, it applies number 5 condition.
    7. If user tries to make another bond while there is an active connection, the Eye will stay closed for 10 hours.
    Last edited by Kaigan; August 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Balancing

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #394
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ironblade0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    Hm, interesting ability to say the least. This is meant to be super overpowered in 1 on 1 situations? I also assume the phrases can be switched out easily, depending on the situation. I guess the restriction of only having 1 active at a time would be a suitable weakness. The only part that seems strange is the use of 3 completely separate nen types, but I guess that's doable with specialization. Normally from what we've seen specialization normally involves really unique abilities, like stealing nen abilities, reading memories, etc.

    Anyways I think i'll post an ability later, when my creative juices are flowing

  6. #395
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mahado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Some dark place
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    Just fyi, specialization =/= having more than one nen category. It is only true for Emperor Time that Kurapica has. Specialization means that it cannot be described in any of the other categories. Some examples of this is what ironblade0 stated ("stealing nen abilities, reading memories, etc.").

    I feel that people are using specialization as short cuts to having more categories to full extend, which should not be the case.

    Back to your ability though, I find it really interesting and versatile. The eye thing is certainly creepy and gives a dangerous feel to it (when someone is fighting you and notices that it is opening slowly). I can't say the same for the statements tho "I want to hug you"?

    The only hax part that I see with it is the first ability: canceling the nen completely. I think that this is too powerful to be done with relatively no drawbacks. I might be missing something here, so correct me if I am wrong.

    Also, when you say that the range is 200 meters, does that mean that the target can cancel it by running out of range? It could be really annoying if the taget has to live with it for 8 hours regardless of range
    "Illusions... real illusions
    Within an illusion is the real illusion.
    From an illusion will sprout another illusion.
    Within a lie hides the the truth.
    Hidden in truth is a lie.
    This is the Mist."

    -Mukuro Rokudo

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #396
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    I just came up with an awesome nen ability. Its called...

    Zombie Gun

    Type: Manipulation

    Ability: Activates when the user uses shu on any type of handheld firearm. Whoever the user kills with the gun after the ability activates it turned into a zombie that will follow all the users orders (which are given verbally or telepathically by thinking it. If no orders are given then the zombie just acts like a normal zombie and tries to eat ppl, usually the brains). It also coats the zombie in some of your nen (bcuz of the nen that was on the bullets when you killed the person) and it puts the zombie in an artificial state of Ten that increases its regenerative ability, makes it more powerful, and improves its speed and reflexes (kinda how Ten helps a nen user when they first discover it). The nen that coats the zombie is kinda like a battery its what keeps the zombie going.The user can also give the zombie some of their nen (either thru emission from a distance) or by actually touching the zombie directly.

    Vows and Limitations: Cannot be used on animals or people under the age of 16.

    Notes: The victim can only be turned into a zombie if actually killed by the bullet of the selected firearm. If the get shot them you stab them it does not work or if you shoot them and they say fall off a cliff or something the ability will not activate. It does not matter if you shoot the person in the head to kill them or if you blow their head off, they will still move as long as they have some of your nen still left in their body. These zombies are fast, strong, and can regenerate large wounds very quickly, but will not regenerate entire limbs. The duration of how long the ability last depends on how much nen the user put into the gun with shu and if they still supply the zombie with nen every now and again. It also depends on the user how many zombies they can control at the same time. Once the zombie has used up all the nen of the user it will die and cannot be used again. The only way to kill the zombie is to beat it until it runs out of energy, or incapacitate its ability to move. In which case, it will eventually lose its nen and die.

    So what do you guys think about the ability I came up with?

  9. #397
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    Quote Originally Posted by ironblade0 View Post
    Hm, interesting ability to say the least. This is meant to be super overpowered in 1 on 1 situations? I also assume the phrases can be switched out easily, depending on the situation. I guess the restriction of only having 1 active at a time would be a suitable weakness. The only part that seems strange is the use of 3 completely separate nen types, but I guess that's doable with specialization. Normally from what we've seen specialization normally involves really unique abilities, like stealing nen abilities, reading memories, etc.

    Anyways I think i'll post an ability later, when my creative juices are flowing
    Yes it meant for 1 v 1 and one active at time because in my condition number 7 i stated " If user tries to make another bond while there is an active connection, the Eye will stay closed for 10 hours." which means one on one. Oh i didnt actually put the ratios of the three categories : Conjuration/Enhancement/Manipulation lets say (20/45/35% in that order) and that depends on which of the abilities are activated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mahado View Post
    Just fyi, specialization =/= having more than one nen category. It is only true for Emperor Time that Kurapica has. Specialization means that it cannot be described in any of the other categories. Some examples of this is what ironblade0 stated ("stealing nen abilities, reading memories, etc.").

    I feel that people are using specialization as short cuts to having more categories to full extend, which should not be the case.

    Back to your ability though, I find it really interesting and versatile. The eye thing is certainly creepy and gives a dangerous feel to it (when someone is fighting you and notices that it is opening slowly). I can't say the same for the statements tho "I want to hug you"?

    The only hax part that I see with it is the first ability: canceling the nen completely. I think that this is too powerful to be done with relatively no drawbacks. I might be missing something here, so correct me if I am wrong.

    Also, when you say that the range is 200 meters, does that mean that the target can cancel it by running out of range? It could be really annoying if the taget has to live with it for 8 hours regardless of range
    The main draw back is that My nen has no only abilities to attack and it stops one persons nen ability not making me immune from attack from them (physical/weapons). Oh and Emperor Time gives 100% of all categories and have a strict condition of attacking spiders. Also all those other ones have very srtict conditions to even activate the ability and has around the same drawbacks.

    ---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tupadre97 View Post
    I just came up with an awesome nen ability. Its called...

    Zombie Gun

    Type: Manipulation

    Ability: Activates when the user uses shu on any type of handheld firearm. Whoever the user kills with the gun after the ability activates it turned into a zombie that will follow all the users orders (which are given verbally or telepathically by thinking it. If no orders are given then the zombie just acts like a normal zombie and tries to eat ppl, usually the brains). It also coats the zombie in some of your nen (bcuz of the nen that was on the bullets when you killed the person) and it puts the zombie in an artificial state of Ten that increases its regenerative ability, makes it more powerful, and improves its speed and reflexes (kinda how Ten helps a nen user when they first discover it). The nen that coats the zombie is kinda like a battery its what keeps the zombie going.The user can also give the zombie some of their nen (either thru emission from a distance) or by actually touching the zombie directly.

    Vows and Limitations: Cannot be used on animals or people under the age of 16.

    Notes: The victim can only be turned into a zombie if actually killed by the bullet of the selected firearm. If the get shot them you stab them it does not work or if you shoot them and they say fall off a cliff or something the ability will not activate. It does not matter if you shoot the person in the head to kill them or if you blow their head off, they will still move as long as they have some of your nen still left in their body. These zombies are fast, strong, and can regenerate large wounds very quickly, but will not regenerate entire limbs. The duration of how long the ability last depends on how much nen the user put into the gun with shu and if they still supply the zombie with nen every now and again. It also depends on the user how many zombies they can control at the same time. Once the zombie has used up all the nen of the user it will die and cannot be used again. The only way to kill the zombie is to beat it until it runs out of energy, or incapacitate its ability to move. In which case, it will eventually lose its nen and die.

    So what do you guys think about the ability I came up with?
    Nice ability and sounds pretty versatile so I'm guessing it doesn't allow you to control them with the current abilities if they were alive?

  10. #398
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    Hatsu: charge up
    type: reinforcement
    description: assume ur charging stance and u start counting down from a number, when (if) u reach 0, u will have a bonus nen reinforcement for the same amount of time as charging
    limits: if charging is disturbed (getting punched, tickled, etc) then you wont receive the bonus, and are unable to use charge up for the number that u started with (start at 20, only make it to 10, get punched, u have to wait 20 seconds)
    As time start to get higher and higher, there are diminishing returns in bonus nen reinforcement

    ---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

    Hatsu: Mirrororrim
    type: transmutation
    description: can give nen the properties of mirrors
    Nen can reflect light, lasers, and sometimes other nen attacks (especially emission attacks). Expert placement of the mirrors can make illusive environments
    reflecting a nen attack requires a very strong mirror so more nen must be used
    a big attack could be a light based beam attack (like tezca tlipoca in soul eater)

  11. #399
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    Charge up is good, simple and effective, clearly and Enhancement ability. But Mirrororrim would be more of a Conjuration ability I think.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  12. #400
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    oh yeah, true that. its prob better as materialization

    so i havent made a good manipulation one...
    ehhh
    hatsu: all your materialization are belong to us
    description: manipulation of another persons materialized nen object
    The manipulated object is now under the control of the manipulator, not its creator
    the manipulator can unsummon the object, however, he cannot summon the object
    meaning if I get deme-chan from shizuku, I can use it just like her untill I unsummon it or the requirements arent met anymore
    requirements: you can do this 1 of two ways
    1) get permission, hey shizuku, can I borrow deme-chan for X time? sure! cool
    2) take it! you must know the objects name and all of its powers, then, as long as there is some of your liquid blood on the object, its urs (blood dries up, control goes back to the creator)

    idk if this is good or not
    im all about powers that work well with a partner
    teams of two is where its at
    like this persons ideal teammate is this:

    hatsu: devils dream
    nen: materialization
    description: Materializes a dark reddish metallic mass that is liquid metal and manipulatable. Can be used for offense or defense.
    Can be hardened into a shield or blades. A lot of this can be materialized and manipulated.
    This hatsu is only active whenever user is asleep
    when asleep, the stuff usually surrounds the user in a spherical shield and reacts accordingly to the users dreams, bad dreams will make the material lash and spike out and destroy surroundings

    so 1st power gets permission from 2nd power and 2nd power guy falls asleep, summoning the stuff, and 1st power gets the awesome power and full manipulation of it, while designating a bit of the material for a shield for the sleeper.

    blahhh

  13. #401
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    I actually quite like the Charge Up technique. Lovely.

    And the requirement for "All your materialization belong to us" is way too little. Just blood is not sufficient. But well, I guess that depends on the talent of the user.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  14. #402
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    I dont think the condition is too little
    the fact the the nen is so specialized to anti-materialization is a limitation enough
    if this user was to go up against any other type of person, they are in for a rouuggghhh time

    anywayzz
    I really would like an ability the makes someone intangible and they can go through anything
    i just dont know what category it would be
    probably specialization...

  15. #403
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Oh! You know the story of Trafalgar Law? You must be Oda.I think those abilities are overpowered,but IMO "Room" should be emission /manipulation technique.Conjuration techniques are material so conjuring a Nen sphere should not look like En.Also you use a lot of manipulation.

    I want to ask,Law is a specialist? Even if he is. To be able to use so many different Nen techniques.

    Room could be better if you add conditions.
    Ok this is long overdue but yeah i changed it so he would be a specialist. He's basically like Pitou, he's a specialist that can use whole bunch of other abilities. I'd say he's about on par with the likes of ging and the top 5 users when it comes to pure power. Also room is emission now, and the shambles and such is just manipulation now.
    Quote Originally Posted by heehoo10 View Post
    I dont think the condition is too little
    the fact the the nen is so specialized to anti-materialization is a limitation enough
    if this user was to go up against any other type of person, they are in for a rouuggghhh time

    anywayzz
    I really would like an ability the makes someone intangible and they can go through anything
    i just dont know what category it would be
    probably specialization...
    Yeah the condition for your materialization hatsu is good.

    If you want intangibility just do it like tobi from naruto. Here I'll make the hatsu for it now.

    Dimensional Phasing
    Type: Specialization
    Ability:Can transport anything touching the user including himself into a pocket dimension within the users right eye.
    Conditions:None really its specialization and op
    Notes: The user of this hatsu will usually wear and colored contact with god letters written on the inside to boost its power or the user has a scarlet eye and it boosts the techniques power.
    Last edited by tupadre97; February 15, 2014 at 05:30 AM.

  16. #404
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    It's too little.
    Think about the requirement of some Materialization objetcs like Kurapika chains. They're too damn specific to just be stolen with something as common as blood.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  17. #405
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your Own Hatsu!

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    It's too little.
    Think about the requirement of some Materialization objetcs like Kurapika chains. They're too damn specific to just be stolen with something as common as blood.
    No the conditions are good enough. Knowing the objects name and abilities and needing your fresh blood on it constantly is good enough. Remember its a manipukation hatsu and its pretty easy to manipulate things normally. Like shalnark, all he needs to do is stick an antenna in you and your under his control. Or illumis needles he just needs to stick on in your brain once and you become a zombie for him. From what we've from other manipulators those conditions are more than fair.

New Reply
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts