Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air Gear 331 Discussion/ 332 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 331 Spoiler Thread

If it's a true black hole there's no surviving, after you reach the event horizon you don't escape it's impossible. I don't care if you have magic rollerblades or not nothing escapes a black hole.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Its probably along the lines of what Pein uses in Naruto.

Make sense since they are in a gravity shaft.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Exis10's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, now there's Newton’s universal law of gravitation, Projectile Model, the I-forget-its-name beast, Evolution of Human Process, and Biefeld–Brown effect (with some weird and impressive artworks).

I wonder what O!G's head made of.

p.s. Gaia Road [Chibaku Tensei] Heavenly Body Bursting from the Earth
    Last edited by Exis10; October 12, 2011 at 10:10 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

the biefeld-brown effect is an anti-gravity field... basically an independent (artificial) gravity field. they just happened to direct it within itself to stop/trap sora.

as for the laughing face of sora... well, in my opinion, either he wanted to go down (for the suitcase, assuming that kiric and them are using a limited access to the sky regalia because they didn't really use the key) or we have a robot sora and the real one will reveal himself like how nike did back on the ship (probably coming out of the 'forest'/elevator with suitcase in hand).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dirtywork's Avatar
    Country
    Mongolia
    Post Thanks / Like

SF activated sky regalia and but isn't enough to beat Sora he might already know it would happen and back up some tricks but it's just begging whole GS towers parts are useful on activate SR and i didn't think it was robot Sora or something he is though no one saw when he was serious

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

I can hardly understand you, man, please clarify what you mean.

@Suahrnir: (About the Biefield-Brown effect) So then, if that's what they're doing, is there still a good chance that the Sky Regalia could allow its user to access Skylink and use the Tricks of all of the Riders connected to Skylink, especially the Tricks of the eight Roads? I'd feel trolled if the Sky Regalia couldn't allow its user to do that. It's the freaking Sky Regalia, after all.

But about the codes, Kilik should at least know the regular access codes for accessing Skylink, the ones for which he'd need permission from the Riders themselves to use the Tricks, if he doesn't know the master codes already--which you'd think all of the First Generation Gravity Children would already know. Or maybe they really don't know the master codes (in which case it would make sense as to why there needs to be a Gram Scale Tournament).

Speaking of science used in the series, there was also the Pelter (spelling?) Cooling phenomenon. It's what Nue used to create that giant snowman. And when Sora was explaining the concept of the wind's surface to Ikki while teaching him how to control the Wind Regalia, we learned about how, when you take away the air from two surfaces, they (the surfaces) will get stuck to each other and you won't be able to separate them (Kuu told us about that--man, that's one smart bird, eh?) Speaking of Kuu, where the hell is that crow? We haven't seen it for a long time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still finding it funny that the case is still at the bottom of the tower. You'd figure Kiric would've hidden that damn thing somewhere else. If everybody thinks it's at the bottom of the tower hiding it somewhere else would make more sense then keeping it at the bottom of the tower.

As for OG's science the principals are fine, considering they're obviously lifted from Wikipedia and Google. The problem is the way OG tries to incorporate them, when you look at the actual science, how OG uses them doesn't make sense.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a point about the location of the codes. Lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

i don't get it...

-rika is tied up and the sky regalia is activated. sora is stuck within the center of the activated effect of the sky regalia. sora finds that his body weighted to the point of being unable to move.

-tanaka describes that a black hole has taken shape surrounding sora. minami confirms that it is a blackhole. minami starts explaining the physics to all of it but his train of thought when explaining is rather strange and that makes tanaka exasperated ("this guy really is a 'my pace' kind of guy).

(okies, there's too much explaining on minami's part that talks about gravity and evolution and such, so i'm skipping on)

-kiric states with the joining of the 8 kings and regalia of the 8 roads, the regalia of regalias (aka sky regalia) is made. he also says that its too much for just one person. kiric then explains that despite that the sub-regalias are not up to par with the originals, it is enough to deal with sora in this battle.

- sora breaks free with an attack but is stopped by mikan with her own attack followed by kiric's. as sora falls down the tower shaft, he laughs at kiric and says that he'll reget his actions. minami gets serious and remarks how he had thought that kiric was his one successful piece of work.

the final teaser quote: kiric or sora takeuchi... which one has actually fallen into hell!?

i think that last teaser quote is referring to how kiric has given up trying to be free (and fly) and chained himself to the way the world is but that is not what minami had created everything for... minami wants to break away from all the 'rules' of the world and everything he is doing is supposed to break free from that (like not being bound by gravity and being able to fly). kiric was once very interested in being free but has 'fallen' to just being a 'normal human being'.

and now i'm really curious about the storm regalia... we have 5 (6 if you count how kururu kept building off the concept of a wind based road) regalias in the storm regalia. does that mean if kururu and ringo teamed up with ikki when he has this 5 core storm regalia, he will be able to use the sky regalia as well!? and not only that, but the storm regalia has original cores plus kururu and the pledge regalia (only ringo has a sub-regalia)... so if those 3 used the sky regalia, they'd be more uber than what we've seen sf use who are only using sub-regalias? >_< i guess it also means that the didn't really need the original thorn regalia to use the sky regalia, they just needed a representative of the sonia road with a regalia/sub-regalia.

also... since om is the water queen, and we are lacking a flame king, but the current 8 gathered kings have covered all the roads needed to utilize the sky regalia, does that mean water is a branch of flame? or water and flame are a branch of some other road? i'm rather confused here...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Kiric is the only successful gravity child, looks like it'll be up to Ikki to set Kiric free.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

i think only to minami, kiric was the only successful one, but to the other researchers, there were more 'successful' ones. kiric was the best by the standards set by the researchers but to minami, he was also the 'want to break free and do my own thing' like how gazelle was 'programmed' for - which is what minami was aiming for.

though if this is the 'end' of the match and sf is declared the winner then the finals will be sf vs koga and after that battle, sora will magically appear and say that he tricked kiric and sf with a robot copy and has been in hiding since before the match. then we'll have the ikki vs sora battle and ikki will win because he's got the storm regalia which is 2 cores shy of a sky regalia and he's got a bigger desire to 'fly/be free' than sora and minami will be all sorts of dumbstruck because a normal regular human (in my opinion, i don't think ikki is a grav kid or brain charger or anything remotely related) was able to accomplish what he's been working for when starting the air trek research, then we get a big happy ending with a-t technology paving the way to a brighter future and all people believing they can fly if they really try. the end.

LOL XP

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny if it turns out to be SF vs Koga, nobody in Koga besides Ikki has regalia now. So since it'll be a team battle everybody besides Ikki will be at a complete disadvantage. Add to that the gravity of the tower and the other members of Koga won't fare so well. I think it would be absolutely hilarious to see the look on Koga's face when they realize they didn't need to give Ikki their regalia.

As for Kiric giving up his desire to fly and his freedom, he did it all to keep the sky regalia out of the hands of people like Sora. He gave up everything to protect the freedom of the entire world.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree with Carnevil about Kilik doing what he did with his own freedom just to keep the Sky Regalia out of the hands of people like Sora, who would abuse its power. Since the Sky Regalia can also allow the the user to control all ATs and AT technology in the world, meaning that one using it in a bad way could also use it to make the ATs of everyone except the people on his own side, to either stop working or turn against them, one could even make the ATs of everyone in the world kill their wearers. Or just chain the people to the ground, keeping them from flying.

And yeah, if Agito and Kazu don't get their Regalia cores replicated by the time the final round of the Tournament starts, they'll be without Regalia cores, and Ikki will be the one with the power of the Sky Regalia on his side, except that he himself will be using all of the eight cores at once, instead of there also being people on his team with a Regalia. But this is still the start of the Tournament, pretty much, there's still a lot of time between this battle and the final round, Agito and Kazu could still get cores for their Regalia before the final battle of the Tournament.

And yeah, I think Suahnir is right in what she said about Kilik being the only "successful" one for Minami, not for the rest of the researchers. From what Sora said about it, consensus-wise, there were more "successful" Gravity Children in the First Gen. than just Kilik. Orca's older sister, the one who keeps adding "Pyon" at the ends of her sentences, is a "successful" one from the First Generation; I think this is true because when Sora mentioned the whole thing about the "successful" and "failed" Gravity Children, the first Gravity Child to be shown was her, and Ine also recognized her voice while they were in the Tower and that girl called in.

And I'd already started thinking from that the Lather Road might be a branch Road of the Flame Road. But since Kilik mentioned Sub-Regalia the way he did, my belief that every Sleeping Forest member is currently using Sub-Regalia just became firmer. They're all using Sub-Regalia, Regalia without a core, so the power of the Sky Regalia isn't where it should be. It just had one good power-source since Rika's got a real Regalia instead of a Sub-Regalia.

By the way, is it okay to assume that the Sky Regalia can create black holes only inside the Tower, since there's an artificial gravity chamber in it that makes it possible for the user of the Sky Regalia to turn the gravity's force onto the opponent? This isn't the only ability of the Sky Regalia, after all; it can also allow the user to use Tricks from all of the Stormriders whose Memory Sticks are connected to Skylink. Like what Kazu did against Nike. Inorganic Net and Chronos Image, which are part of Skylink are also included in what people in the series call the "Sky Regalia". [And now, I guess we can say that the legend we heard earlier in series about the Sky King is true, the one that goes something like this: "When all eight Roads and all eight Regalia gather atop the 'Trophaeum Tower,' the Legendary Sky King will descend". We can also, in a way, take it literally; not fully though, since there's sort of a condition or catch.]
    Last edited by DragonOsman2; October 14, 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carnevil View Post
    So Kiric is the only successful gravity child, looks like it'll be up to Ikki to set Kiric free.
    I know that it was established that Kiric was the only successful gravity child some time ago, but what about all the praise that Minami was heaping on Nike during his fight with Kazu?
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kataomoi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as physics and science goes, we all have to understand that this is a manga and nothing in it has to make sense in the real world. Most of the things that the characters are doing with their regalias shouldn't be possible in real life, so lets keep in persective that this IS a work of fiction that has loose references from real life science. If anyone wants to take this series as a serious work of science, build yourself a regalia do everything that they claim to do in this series and prove me wrong...

As far as the sky reglia goes, Kilik only has one true core and everyone else has sub-regalias. So in essence the sky reglia is probably not work at its true potential. Another things is that Sora probably has numerous true cores that would be able to counter the imitation sky regalia. He did "eat" the other true gravity children so chances are he probably has enough resources and Dr. Minami with him to create a counter.

The sky regalia isn't suppose to have power over all the roads because the flame regalia kind of does that already by accessing everyone's trick.
    Last edited by kataomoi; October 14, 2011 at 03:35 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast