Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirai Nikki

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mirai Nikki

Title: Mirai Nikki
    Episodes: 26
    Aired: October 9,2011 to ??
    Producers: Asread
    Genres: Action, Mystery, Supernatural, Psychological, Thriller
    Based on a Manga: Mirai Nikki

Summary:

Middle school 2nd year, Amano Yukiteru, is a boy who has problem making friends. He thinks of himself as a bystander and will always write down everything he sees in a cell phone diary.

Tormented by solitude, Yukiteru began to imagine things like a friend called Deus Ex Machina who is apparently the Lord of Time & Space. Seeing Yukiteru's miserable state, Deus gives him a new ability. His diary will now record events that will happen in the near future. Yukiteru is then forced to participate in a game which the winner will become Deus's successor.

Opening Theme: "Kuso Mesorogiwi" by Yousei Teikoku
    Ending Theme: "Blood Teller" by Faylan

Spoiler: Japanese Cast show

First Impression:

9/10

You want a great mystery? Watch this show
    You want interesting characters? Watch this show
    You want good animation? Watch this show

yeah the first episode really impressed me, the setting is fascinating and the animation looks gorgeous.
    The main character was fine with me but Gasai Yuno's character really left a impression, seems she is one hell of a yandere (and by that I mean freakin crazy).
    Still the strongest point was the mystery and the intensity, I was completely captivated by it and I honestly can't wait to watch the next ep.
    As for me, I think I already found my favourite of the season. Damn awesome that show is.

PS: I heard the first episode followed the manga very closely so I hope it will stick to that and won't have any fillers.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 10, 2011 at 07:23 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mirai Nikki

^

The manga ended last year so it should cover everything without filler, although some parts may get rushed.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, covering everything without fillers ?
    Interesting first episode, I don't read the manga tho.
    Paranoia and wtf moments. A very interesting concept, this survivor game and mirai nikki thing.
    and yeah, that girl is creepy. Poor guy, his ordinary life has taken a crazy turn.
    I lol'd at the god's name.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so tempted with the word "covering without fillers". My friends said the manga ended rather strange, but I guess I can give this a try. Thanks for the thread, nii-kun!

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I suppose we all agree that Yukkii is a boy with a very bad luck to have mirai nikki and a deeply obsessed stalker at the same time, no? Honestly, Gasai Yuno is one hell of a girl. You wouldn't want anyone like her as a fan. XD

At any rate, it has a rather interesting plot. It reminds me a bit of Higashi no Eden, though Higashi no Eden was not really a survival game. I'm looking forward to see how Yukkii would try to avoid being killed and kill in return... or if he would break through the death system of the game. :3

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Wow, covering everything without fillers ?
    Interesting first episode, I don't read the manga tho.
    Paranoia and wtf moments. A very interesting concept, this survivor game and mirai nikki thing.
    and yeah, that girl is creepy. Poor guy, his ordinary life has taken a crazy turn.
    I lol'd at the god's name.
    well it's not 100% certain yet but as the manga is finished and only has around 60 chapters, it seems very likely that there won't be any.
    I agree on the concept, though like phio it reminded me of Higashi no Eden, if you should know about it. Still the anime seems to have a darker tone.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I am so tempted with the word "covering without fillers". My friends said the manga ended rather strange, but I guess I can give this a try. Thanks for the thread, nii-kun!

I suppose we all agree that Yukkii is a boy with a very bad luck to have mirai nikki and a deeply obsessed stalker at the same time, no? Honestly, Gasai Yuno is one hell of a girl. You wouldn't want anyone like her as a fan. XD

At any rate, it has a rather interesting plot. It reminds me a bit of Higashi no Eden, though Higashi no Eden was not really a survival game. I'm looking forward to see how Yukkii would try to avoid being killed and kill in return... or if he would break through the death system of the game. :3
    I was wondering about the end too, I mean taking "Deus Ex Machina's" place seems rather strange, I'm relatively sure things won't play out that well. Still I have high hopes for the series, as I heard quite a lot of good things about it.
    And you are welcome Phio glad that you and Zel are posting here, this section needs more love.

I've read a bit about Mirai Nikki and most people say that Gasai Yuno is one of the outstanding points of the series. I have witnessed quite some "yandere" girls but Yuno definitely seems exceptionally crazy. Looking forward to how their relationship will develop

And yeah the concept is similar to HNE but the film aired after the manga (if I'm not mistaken) so I doubt there was anything copied. The whole supernatural theme makes things more interesting for me + everything seems way more mysterious. HNE was fine but never had a lot of suspense, which I instantly felt in Miraki Nikki.

I can't really see him breaking out of the game, "Deus Ex Machina" was described as some kind of undestroyable being, yet I would love to see them overturn Machina together

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    And yeah the concept is similar to HNE but the film aired after the manga (if I'm not mistaken) so I doubt there was anything copied. The whole supernatural theme makes things more interesting for me + everything seems way more mysterious. HNE was fine but never had a lot of suspense, which I instantly felt in Miraki Nikki.
    I agree with this. And less confusing compared to Higashi no Eden, IMO.

Anyway, I've seen episode 2. Full of freak people, haha~ But I should say it is getting interesting. The suspense is there, as nii-kun said. I will check more of this definitely, and see how they would finish the game eventually. Only one will get out alive after all.

I didn't notice that Ninth was that girl from the previous episode. They looked so different. But it makes sense, and brings more secrets to the plot. I didn't imagine she would reserve to such a method of exploding schools, but Yuno amazed me more by running through the corridor and killed hundreds of other students just for Yukkii. Kind of freak, but she has great analyzing skills and fast reaction. I guess I can see why nii-kun mentioned that she is one of the strong points of this series. Yukkii, after all, couldn't do things on his own.

A new pact is born, and we shall see what will happen to this new small group.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Mirai Nikki

I think the op/ed are the best this season.
    Especially the opening.
    Yuki..is so human and so relatable , making this whole mindfuck a big success.
    Moments in this episode that I like is when yuno realizes yuki is actually using her but proceeds to help him anyway
    and also when Yuki gathers up his courage and headed in for the kill.
    Ninth is a twisted woman for sure and poor students that were caught up and killed. I really didn't think Yuno
    should have ran like that and killed them all, I wasn't expecting their classmates to help yuki either and that's very realistic.

Enjoyed this episode a lot and I can't wait for the rest to show up. We do get a sneak peek at the other holders via the ending tho
    Oh and I don't trust the detective yet. I believe he has his own motives too.

I don't think Yukki couldn't do things on his own, he's totally freak out and scared..which is normal and that's what makes this episode
    so believable. The moment when he was elated just because he thought everything was going to be easy when yuno helped him..
    tells alot about his character. I look forward to his growth.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The soundtracks are pretty awesome, but it hasn't gotten on me yet. I think it will take time, like Steins;Gate's soundtracks did.

Hmm, you're right, perhaps this is just a harsh start for Yukkii so he needs more time to adjust. Being a bystander most of the time, this turn of events must be confusing. I'm curious as to how other participants could react and adapt so fast, like Yuno for easiest example. As if no one is as scared as Yukkii and choose to stay silent rather than chasing after others. Not that we've seen all participants, after all, so there is always a chance. :3

Fourth is... well, my impression is good on him so far. But in this kind of game we learned not to trust anything. I guess I'll enjoy what kind of entertainment Fourth would pull out. ^^

And although this episode destroyed so many things, that's what I actually like: actions right to the core. XD

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with this. And less confusing compared to Higashi no Eden, IMO.

Yuno amazed me more by running through the corridor and killed hundreds of other students just for Yukkii. Kind of freak, but she has great analyzing skills and fast reaction. I guess I can see why nii-kun mentioned that she is one of the strong points of this series. Yukkii, after all, couldn't do things on his own.

A new pact is born, and we shall see what will happen to this new small group.
    yeah I agree, HNE potential was totally wasted whereas this show does a great job so far

well she is absolutely crazy, that's for sure. The most crazy yandere girl I have seen so far, looks like she would really do ANYTHING for Yuki's sake. I remember Yuki said that she is one of the best students in class so he definitely has a strong supporter on his side. Still I believe that she could easily turn against him anytime, depending on his behaviour.

I'm looking forward to the pact but well I believe that in the end, only one of them will survive. I actually thought of reading the manga but I can't bring myself to it because I want to enjoy the anime to it's fullest <__<

I think the op/ed are the best this season.
    Especially the opening.

I really didn't think Yuno
    should have ran like that and killed them all, I wasn't expecting their classmates to help yuki either and that's very realistic.

I don't think Yukki couldn't do things on his own, he's totally freak out and scared..which is normal and that's what makes this episode
    so believable. The moment when he was elated just because he thought everything was going to be easy when yuno helped him..
    tells alot about his character. I look forward to his growth.
    I don't know if they are the best but I definitely enjoy both the OP and ED a lot, it's kinda refreshing in the middle of all those rather light-hearted shounen shows.

And I read from some people that Yuki would be pathetic but honestly, I think most people wouldn't react any different, me included. He's scared - only natural. He's using Yuno - heck as crazy as she is I would never think of oposing her, I would most likely do the same as Yuki, seeing that the situation he got in is pretty fucked up. At least he showed some courage in the end so I do think that he's not that bad of a character.

The soundtracks are pretty awesome, but it hasn't gotten on me yet. I think it will take time, like Steins;Gate's soundtracks did.

Fourth is... well, my impression is good on him so far. But in this kind of game we learned not to trust anything. I guess I'll enjoy what kind of entertainment Fourth would pull out. ^^
    And although this episode destroyed so many things, that's what I actually like: actions right to the core. XD
    I like nearly everything about this show, I can't deny that it's already my favourite of the season

I thought the pact with the cop is rather unstabble too. He could turn against Yuki when he sees another participant more fitting but on the other hand he doesn't seem like a bad guy. Still as you said, who knows who you can actually trust, everything could happen.

Yeah the action was nice, I didn't expect things to get so serious this soon. So far the show really surprised me, hope it will remain as good as it is now!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the thread kev-nii. Agggh its so awesome. When i read a description i was like sounds very average. But OHMY GOD i fall in love with this the second i've seen Yuno. Well you already know this. But wait a second 9/10? Youve gotta be Kiddin me?! :yellin its 11/10 easily

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha what the heck is with this episode, it's back to paranoia again!
    For a moment there I thought that Yuki and his friends are going to start being saints and save the world,
    was I wrong
    Really like this episode, from the yuki and yuno scenes (fanservice scene ) to the surprise at the end.
    So was it really yuno who chopped them all up? I wonder. I'm still on the yuno is actually a good girl belief.
    But seriously, that moment when yuki opened the door was done so well.

About Ninth tho, I'm sure she'll still be alive and maybe play an important role (even much more than the other numbers)
    in the future because of the flashback at the start of the episode.
    I believe that there's still a little good in her and she became like this due to her circumstances.
    About Mr.Paperbag..(or 3rd?) that guy is creepy. Does his diary gives him the power to manipulate the thoughts of others?
    Then if so, how does taking out ninth's eye help him discover who first is..?
    Ahaha, I can't get over this episode.

Edit: I wonder why opening the door will drastically change the future but we'll see.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha what the heck is with this episode, it's back to paranoia again!
    For a moment there I thought that Yuki and his friends are going to start being saints and save the world,
    was I wrong
    Really like this episode, from the yuki and yuno scenes (fanservice scene ) to the surprise at the end.
    So was it really yuno who chopped them all up? I wonder. I'm still on the yuno is actually a good girl belief.
    But seriously, that moment when yuki opened the door was done so well.

About Ninth tho, I'm sure she'll still be alive and maybe play an important role (even much more than the other numbers)
    in the future because of the flashback at the start of the episode.
    I believe that there's still a little good in her and she became like this due to her circumstances.
    About Mr.Paperbag..(or 3rd?) that guy is creepy. Does his diary gives him the power to manipulate the thoughts of others?
    Then if so, how does taking out ninth's eye help him discover who first is..?
    Ahaha, I can't get over this episode.

Edit: I wonder why opening the door will drastically change the future but we'll see.
    Yuno a good girl? well I'm reading the manga right now and one thing is for sure... she is so freakin crazy it's beyond good and bad. See for yourself, this yandere girl will surprise you a lot of times...
    the part with the paperback guy and her was actually filler, or so it seems. Couldn't find the part in the manga and have to see how it turns out, so far it's not contradicting the manga development so it could just be an add to the story. Or maybe it was added in the manga volumes, would be very disappointed if it takes a different turn from the manga :/
    edit: It is cannon, just saw that it's part of an additional volume were some of the diary holders get featured!
    edit2: And yet they did change some of it! XD but I think that only was to keep the next surprise so it's fine with me

I won't say anything more but expect some more epic things to come if the anime stays true to the manga!
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 25, 2011 at 07:03 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Next time you guys should start to put info from the manga in spoiler tags.

Anyway! I made a big mistake watching the third episode late at night. Now I have a bad feeling, argh.
    What I felt was the same with Zelx: right when everything started to go 'normal' or so I thought, everything was changed. I wonder who Yuno actually is. She seemed to be someone even more freak than Minene (Ninth). She killed all of those people, I believe. If not. why would she go to such a length of hiding the corpses? How scary. The ending just made me shivered. =___=

I also wonder how that fact could change the future so much. Perhaps because it changed the point of view of all players towards Yuno?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Next time you guys should start to put info from the manga in spoiler tags.

Anyway! I made a big mistake watching the third episode late at night. Now I have a bad feeling, argh.
    What I felt was the same with Zelx: right when everything started to go 'normal' or so I thought, everything was changed. I wonder who Yuno actually is. She seemed to be someone even more freak than Minene (Ninth). She killed all of those people, I believe. If not. why would she go to such a length of hiding the corpses? How scary. The ending just made me shivered. =___=

I also wonder how that fact could change the future so much. Perhaps because it changed the point of view of all players towards Yuno?
    I didn't say anything that would spoil you or? I mean you already know that Yuno is crazy XD

but I felt the same as you too, just when you think she's relatively normal she surprises you. I can't say anything more, otherwise I would really spoil you but the corpses will play a very important part so I guess that's why the future changed that drastically.
    And watching Mirai Nikki at night is a bad idea except for when you actually want to get scared

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast