Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirai Nikki

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Mirai Nikki

Episode 4 has been subbed. I've just seen it.

Just... crazily awesome. XD Yuno Gasai exceeds my expectations to be the craziest, most abnormal girl I've ever seen. She did a wonderful role in this episode. Yukki is as usual, too afraid to be able to do anything. What I don't understand from this episode is how Ninth could identify that the man who captured her is Twelfth, and how Yuno could tell that killing the corpse would save them.

And does it mean that that Twelfth could listen to what happened upstairs through the ears of the dead ones? And who controlled them? Is it Twelfth directly, through hypnosis?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

oh wow, it gets ever sicker can't decide yet how I feel about the diary owners all showing up one after the other though... there's like no transition inbetween.

also yuki is a loser... so easily scared <,< again I'm undecided because feeling ashamed for him is somewhat entertaining, but on the other hand I wish he'd grow some balls, confess to the pink haired girl and get going on his way to become god

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome episode!

Yuno-sama was gret as usual. Especially. I mean her final lines are just so epic, you cant help but be so excited for next episode. Phio Menene knows 12th because when they were all gathered he was in the costume so thats how, or atleast i think this is how. Lol something tells that 6th is going to betray Yuki at the end .. not sure though.Yuki is a whimp thats true. But thats what to be expected.... I mean we have Yuno-sama, who is super awesome !

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    oh wow, it gets ever sicker can't decide yet how I feel about the diary owners all showing up one after the other though... there's like no transition inbetween.

also yuki is a loser... so easily scared <,< again I'm undecided because feeling ashamed for him is somewhat entertaining, but on the other hand I wish he'd grow some balls, confess to the pink haired girl and get going on his way to become god
    Welcome to the crazy world.

The pace is indeed fast, but I like it. So far from all the diary owners we know only Yukki's teacher who has died. This shows that the other diary owners are most probably more prepared to be more careful and think of a way to save themselves from dead ends as well as killing others. It becomes more interesting for me.

I should say I'm annoyed at Yukki being as helpless as he is, but the character is real. Real, as in, as someone who has always been watching from the side to be given an important role now, it's natural to be like him. Though I agree that I hope to see some more courage from him in the next episodes so that he wouldn't be so dependent on Yuno. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    Phio Menene knows 12th because when they were all gathered he was in the costume so thats how, or atleast i think this is how. Lol something tells that 6th is going to betray Yuki at the end .. not sure though.Yuki is a whimp thats true. But thats what to be expected.... I mean we have Yuno-sama, who is super awesome !
    Hmm, could they actually see each other back then? Yukki noticed Yuno because he had known before the meeting about her having a future diary... Not sure, though. Maybe we'll get an explanation in the upcoming episode.

I agree that Sixth is suspicious. No one is to be trusted in a survival game, especially one as brutal as this. XD

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

@Yuki- well they couldnt see exactly how each one looked, but 12th has such a specific apearence that i guess it was easy for Menene to guess. How that is just my guess though. I am not too sure.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Episode 4 has been subbed. I've just seen it.

Just... crazily awesome. XD Yuno Gasai exceeds my expectations to be the craziest, most abnormal girl I've ever seen. She did a wonderful role in this episode. Yukki is as usual, too afraid to be able to do anything. What I don't understand from this episode is how Ninth could identify that the man who captured her is Twelfth, and how Yuno could tell that killing the corpse would save them.

And does it mean that that Twelfth could listen to what happened upstairs through the ears of the dead ones? And who controlled them? Is it Twelfth directly, through hypnosis?
    well if you think she's crazily awesome just wait and be surprised, this won't be the last time that she surprises you XD

Like lawlett already said, I think it's just thanks to his exceptional headdress, after all the Diary Owners could see the outline of each other. Not sure about how his hypnosis exactly works, it never got a detailed explanation but yeah, he controls all the people through hypnosis.
    Yuno realizing that the corpses are just fake is only thanks to her supernatural senses. It was already said in the first episode that she is the best in class regarding intelligence and athletic so it's just her awesomeness XD

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post

that may be through the relatively fast pacing of the anime, still the manga has not much of a transition too.

and about Yuki... he get's more likeable later on, at least that's what I thought. Again I can't say much because it would spoil some things XD

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mirai Nikki

Episode 5, !

Interesting. Two diary owners died at once. Such a sad past The Sacred Eye has, no wonder she hates the current world so much. She is so far the one with strongest motivation to be God; Twelfth's reason is not very strong (simply possessed to be a hero?) and we don't know others motivation yet. His appearance in team of five reminds me of Power Rangers just tooo much, with all the effects. It's unfortunate that Yuno destroyed the team in one single blow. Indeed an amazing girl! <3

Yukki, at last, did something on his own in this episode. I have been waiting for this where he would take the initiate. I hope to see more actions from him in the future; this is his game after all.

By the way, just for fun, here I listed all the diary owners and information about them we know so far. Add more if there is something missing! :3 Warning, it would be full of spoilers. XD

Spoiler: List of Future Diary and Diary Owners show
    Last edited by phio_chan; November 09, 2011 at 05:04 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Two diary owners died at once. Such a sad past The Sacred Eye has, no wonder she hates the current world so much. She is so far the one with strongest motivation to be God; Twelfth's reason is not very strong (simply possessed to be a hero?) and we don't know others motivation yet. His appearance in team of five reminds me of Power Rangers just tooo much, with all the effects. It's unfortunate that Yuno destroyed the team in one single blow. Indeed an amazing girl! <3

Yukki, at last, did something on his own in this episode. I have been waiting for this where he would take the initiate. I hope to see more actions from him in the future; this is his game after all.

By the way, just for fun, here I listed all the diary owners and information about them we know so far. Add more if there is something missing! :3 Warning, it would be full of spoilers. XD

Nice work there phio! just gonna add one info about third which will most likely not be mentioned in the anime.

Spoiler show

Could tell about the rest as well but the anime will reveal everything else.

Again a good episode, so far they are doing a fine job. They stick really close to the manga and the scenes are nicely animated. Only thing I found a bit gross was when the 6th kissed Yuki and well.... there wasn't that much (or any) saliva but the anime makes most things look even creepier. The only thing they censored so far is Yuno cutting off the 6th arm, in the manga you see the arm flying through the air but I suppose that's a bit too much even for a late night show.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the additional info! I think it's not a problem to let the others know about it; he's dead after all.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Again a good episode, so far they are doing a fine job. They stick really close to the manga and the scenes are nicely animated. Only thing I found a bit gross was when the 6th kissed Yuki and well.... there wasn't that much (or any) saliva but the anime makes most things look even creepier. The only thing they censored so far is Yuno cutting off the 6th arm, in the manga you see the arm flying through the air but I suppose that's a bit too much even for a late night show.
    Haha, well, I suppose the anime pushes the less-scary parts to be more scary and lessen the scariness of the more-scary parts? XD It sounds like the animator still wants to give the scary tense, but not as far as in the level of the manga. Not something bad, IMO, as long as they don't stray from the original plot. XD

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, I don't read the manga but anyway..12th backstory is so silly.
    6th past is indeed tragic. What I can sum up is that she was used by her family to deceive the followers and when her family died, someone else took over and used her which also causes her to lose her virginity and also possible uses of drugs.
    All of which is forced into her at such a young age. Zero freedom I guess.
    Maybe all she wanted was to escape the bird cage. It's sad that she never got hold of the ball when it's so close.
    I believe the blushing moments were honest tho. But yuki had to do what he had to do and that was a manly moment

I'm growing fond of yuno's voice actress, doing a good job so far although the one that was going to voice Yuno was suppose to be
    Mai Nakahara who did various roles of Yandere and most famous for rena-chan in higurashi.

and man, poor 12th. I was expecting more from him.

---------- Post added November 15, 2011 at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was November 09, 2011 at 07:15 PM ----------

Cute episode except for the picture dairy holder <_< I knew there was a kid but I never thought it'll be so young.
    When yukki said his mother's job is video game programmer my initial thought was "Ha! maybe she is the mastermind behind the whole game!"
    but that thought didn't last long. And oh my, that has got to be the funniest omake.
    and yuno is insane...maybe she have two personalities..?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    When yukki said his mother's job is video game programmer my initial thought was "Ha! maybe she is the mastermind behind the whole game!"
    but that thought didn't last long. And oh my, that has got to be the funniest omake.
    Seriously, it would be a series darker than the current one... with lots of sensual scenes, I bet?

Anyway, I admit that I felt a bit pissed off at Yukki. Seriously, if he really dislikes it, he should just say it in an obvious tone. Maybe he is not a person to do that and because he depends on Yuno to protect him. He is so unfairly treated in this episode, yet he didn't do anything against it. If it were me, I would talk through everything properly and get Yuno out of the place. Sometimes I feel like I just want to shoot them all. =___=

...But beside that annoyance, this is quite a fun 'laid-back' episode. Interesting new enemy has come; surely it'll come tougher than it looks since no one would imagine a child being a diary owner, right? But it seems like Yuno has known about this.

They couldn't have made this even more interesting.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I just hear a track from Bakuman's OST play in this episode? Anyway, I've been enjoying this series so far. I've read that the anime seems a little cheap in the animation department, but I disagree. Sure it's not an anime by a big studio, but the character design is great (as in the characters are hardly ever off-model), the backgrounds are nice and the actual animation is pretty good (even if it uses "speed-lines" sometimes). The only thing I dislike about it is how the colours used in the anime give off a shonen feel. Everything is so bright and cheery. And the voice acting is pretty good too even if it doesn't have any big names.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, pissed off at how Yukki wasn't that mad at Yuno for almost killing his mom. Besides that, this episode was pretty awesome. Rei was such an enemy even though his diary wasn't that special, IMO. What a sad dead end; Yuno seriously has big mental problems for not feeling anything different after killing a kid.

Either way, it seems that Fourth wanted to protect Yukki for real through Ninth... I wonder if there is a special meaning behind this.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, pissed off at how Yukki wasn't that mad at Yuno for almost killing his mom. Besides that, this episode was pretty awesome. Rei was such an enemy even though his diary wasn't that special, IMO. What a sad dead end; Yuno seriously has big mental problems for not feeling anything different after killing a kid.

Either way, it seems that Fourth wanted to protect Yukki for real through Ninth... I wonder if there is a special meaning behind this.
    well Yukki still relies on her a lot and I guess he was focused on finding a way to defeat the fifth + nothing serious happened to the mother. If she would have actually killed her or hurt her very badly things may have been different.
    And Yuno havinf big mental problems shouldn't be new right? XD I mean she was willing to kill Yukkis mum if she didn't approve of her O___O she would do ANYTHING to protect Yukki

episode was pretty good but I was surprised that it just took one ep to feature the whole case about the fifth, they are really speeding things up. They left some pages out but nothing important, I guess they don't have a choice because they need to compress the story into 26 episodes :/
    now things will get very interesting

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

finally back to watching - totally forgot just how sick it was... kinda had pity with the oracle though, with that kind of backstory. the end of episode 5 was a funny contrast though seems to have continued in the first half of episode 6. funny to watch, but I bet its a nightmare having the boy as diary owner was a bit obvious though - wonder if ninth suspected anything in the "hospital".
    I kinda suspected the mother to be one too at first. in any case, there are too many coincidences for them to actually meet all those diary owners without really searching for them, so I suppose "god" has eother carefully set this up or is influencing it to ... accelerate it?
    fifth death kinda made no sense to me, but wahtever, that anime hardly does altogether

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast