Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mirai Nikki

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mirai Nikki

I know that there is a new ep out, but I have no time to watch 2 at a go.
    So here's my thoughts on ep 15.
    Firstly, I love seventh(s), they are..such amazing characters. Esp the guy.
    And I think Yuki and Yuno are becoming the couple that I despite the most in the anime world.
    I know we are suppose to relate to yuki since he is normal and suppose to be scared..but I believe some character growth should be in the way already.
    Oh, yuki's mom sure knows how to creep him out.

I like the opening it's pretty amazing, "Dead END" and it doesn't seem to be signifying a good ending. Is it a mix of english and japanese I hear? Anyway, Faylan is awesome as with blood teller.
    The ending..it's going to take time to grow on me, seems like we'll get a yuno backstory in the future.

By the way, I'm predicting that Akise will be some kind of big bad and will pull
    a betrayal. But that's too predictable so I think he's planning something way bigger.
    And he might also be related to one of the diary users that's not shown yet.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    By the way, I'm predicting that Akise will be some kind of big bad and will pull
    a betrayal. But that's too predictable so I think he's planning something way bigger.
    I am seriously worried about that now. Not only Akise, but in general everyone else who lives around Yukkii. Even Yuno, with her unstable mental condition. Episode 16 just showed me that. ^^;

Episode 16 doesn't really show further reason why Seventh decided to keep Yuno and Yukkii's diaries. What good it would to them? Those diaries only tell about Yukkii, while they need to kill the rest of diary owners to win the game. Unless they want to use Yukkii as a bait to get the remaining diary owners closer and destroy them. It seems that either Eighth or Eleventh had made their move... How twisted, how much I love it. XD

I wonder what will happen next episode. Yukkii might as well take Yuno's hand after what he had just seen, but I also feel like Yukkii is not the type to easily give up on something or someone, so... Interesting.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, I love seventh(s), they are..such amazing characters. Esp the guy.
    And I think Yuki and Yuno are becoming the couple that I despite the most in the anime world.
    I know we are suppose to relate to yuki since he is normal and suppose to be scared..but I believe some character growth should be in the way already.
    I know right? Marco is amazing IIRC they will be the first ones where we get some kind of backstory on in the near future.
    And I actually like Yukki and Yuno as a couple, it's a strange love and yet kinda cute (at least at some parts, their relationship really changes a lot throug the story).

I like the opening it's pretty amazing, "Dead END" and it doesn't seem to be signifying a good ending. Is it a mix of english and japanese I hear? Anyway, Faylan is awesome as with blood teller.
    The ending..it's going to take time to grow on me, seems like we'll get a yuno backstory in the future.
    glad you like the OP Zel!
    and yes, as one of the main characters she will get her backstory for sure.

Don't forget that there's only one Diary User we haven seen yet, 11th. If Akise has something to do with him... who knows

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    ;Episode 16 doesn't really show further reason why Seventh decided to keep Yuno and Yukkii's diaries. What good it would to them? Those diaries only tell about Yukkii, while they need to kill the rest of diary owners to win the game. Unless they want to use Yukkii as a bait to get the remaining diary owners closer and destroy them. It seems that either Eighth or Eleventh had made their move... How twisted, how much I love it. XD
    well the manga is more clear in this case, the information about 9th and 11th was delivered through their phones, Akise even faked the news about 9th having a secret plan so that 7th would believe that they could get some more information through the phones. Don't forget that they are aqquintanced with 8th (remember who send 7th to the mansion in the first place? XD) so they naturally want to get information about other Diary Users.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I know right? Marco is amazing IIRC they will be the first ones where we get some kind of backstory on in the near future.
    And I actually like Yukki and Yuno as a couple, it's a strange love and yet kinda cute (at least at some parts, their relationship really changes a lot throug the story).
    In episode 16, I laughed looking at Marco and Ai. They are a funny couple, there is something different about them. Laid back but serious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    well the manga is more clear in this case, the information about 9th and 11th was delivered through their phones, Akise even faked the news about 9th having a secret plan so that 7th would believe that they could get some more information through the phones. Don't forget that they are aqquintanced with 8th (remember who send 7th to the mansion in the first place? XD) so they naturally want to get information about other Diary Users.
    Ah, yes, that plan done by Minene and the police (sorry I forget your name, Sir!). That is possible, but only if they tried to use the kids to lure other diary owners first hand. Their diaries only evolve around Yukkii, so everything must go through him. I also think that knowing that the diaries are now not in the owners hands but in the enemies instead, maybe the other remaining diary owner (in this case either Eighth or Eleventh) would think twice about doing something.

Aaaaah, getting soooo interesting~

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I think that old guy is related to akise somehow

lol, good father there yuki.
    I guess the only reason why Yuki is still bearable is how good/kind he actually is, and how innocent and naive he is.
    Which..makes him a normal human, but compared to the other users? I say he looks stupid.
    Seventh are awesome, liking macro even more. With their fun personalities, I can't see them being killers tho
    I mean, they did save yuki's friends and he didn't crushed their diaries..maybe they aren't as evil as people think they are.

About Yuno..I agree that she's insane and that she went over the line, but her intentions were right just that it became so twisted.
    But she does love yuki and she is the only one he can trust.
    I'm looking forward to see where this twisted trust will take the story. However, I'm guessing at the end Yuki will realize that he will
    be trusting yuno a lot and that maybe she will become the only one he trusts, which might lead to his demise.
    Yes, I'm predicting Yuki will die or become batshit crazy

Ninth..is she really a good person? We can't say for sure but I always thought (since the time she changed her hairstyle)
    that her nature isn't bad at all.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the diary owners started 'innocent', didn't they? Take Yukkii for the easiest example. I would say Kurusu, that detective, also started 'clean'. However there were twists coming along the way, some of them seemed to be done by Deus himself, through the help of that strange Murmur, which turned them all crazy. Some other owners seem to only be 'decorations', like that oracle and the one who could only hear. They were just strange additions. XD

I wonder if Deus actually had specific reasons for giving these people future diaries.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

..I wonder what exactly is deus though ?
    is he a giant robot or is he really god? Is this really a deathmatch game or is this some kind of wacko experiment?!
    maybe I'm thinking too much
    Haha, I guess you're right about the innocent thing. But for yuki to survive as a good guy for so long, his nature must really be very pure or something.

it seems like naruni said, the survivors are going to last long and it's going to be fun from now on.
    I'm surprised that they are listening to akise so much, don't they find it weird that a kid is so smart?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I guess you're right about the innocent thing. But for yuki to survive as a good guy for so long, his nature must really be very pure or something.
    Or just lucky. Really, he is surrounded by so many supportive characters. If he had to go alone, no way he would've stayed this far. No matter how insane his friends are, he should be thankful as well. XD

I'm surprised that they are listening to akise so much, don't they find it weird that a kid is so smart?
    The more I think about Akise the more worried I get. When he first appeared he seemed so suspicious, knowing that much about diaries in form of phones, as if challenging everyone. How could he know of such thing, in the first place? Then he helped and protected Yukkii that much. They are strangers, you know. Even if he has detective background before, to defend someone that much all of a sudden is... fishy. ^^;

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In episode 16, I laughed looking at Marco and Ai. They are a funny couple, there is something different about them. Laid back but serious as well.
    yup that's what I like about them. Aside from Yuki and 8th they are the most sane participants, at least in my opinion.

Ah, yes, that plan done by Minene and the police (sorry I forget your name, Sir!). That is possible, but only if they tried to use the kids to lure other diary owners first hand. Their diaries only evolve around Yukkii, so everything must go through him. I also think that knowing that the diaries are now not in the owners hands but in the enemies instead, maybe the other remaining diary owner (in this case either Eighth or Eleventh) would think twice about doing something.

Aaaaah, getting soooo interesting~
    well it was Akise's plan but whatever IIRC it wasn't further explained but it seems to be that 7th (especially Marco) has taken some "liking" to them.
    And again you have missed my point XD 8th send 7th to the mansion, they are not working against each other.

yeah, I think that old guy is related to akise somehow

Seventh are awesome, liking macro even more. With their fun personalities, I can't see them being killers tho
    I mean, they did save yuki's friends and he didn't crushed their diaries..maybe they aren't as evil as people think they are.
    Let's see

well they would kill to accomplish their goal but to me they aren't evil, there really is no choice but to kill in this game but compared to Yuno or Ninth they aren't going on a killing spree.

Ninth..is she really a good person? We can't say for sure but I always thought (since the time she changed her hairstyle)
    that her nature isn't bad at all.
    To me she always was some kind of grey character, she's neither really good nor bad. We will get to know more about her character though, I'm interested to know what you think of her when the she dies/the story is finished/whatever (as to not spoil you )

However there were twists coming along the way, some of them seemed to be done by Deus himself, through the help of that strange Murmur, which turned them all crazy.
    No, you got that wrong. Deus never interfered or manipulated the game, only Murmur did without his knowledge.

it seems like naruni said, the survivors are going to last long and it's going to be fun from now on.
    Not all of them Zel, nearly all of them there will be a death sometime soon.

Or just lucky. Really, he is surrounded by so many supportive characters. If he had to go alone, no way he would've stayed this far. No matter how insane his friends are, he should be thankful as well. XD
    I totally agree on this, without the help from others he would long be dead already.

The more I think about Akise the more worried I get. When he first appeared he seemed so suspicious, knowing that much about diaries in form of phones, as if challenging everyone. How could he know of such thing, in the first place? Then he helped and protected Yukkii that much. They are strangers, you know. Even if he has detective background before, to defend someone that much all of a sudden is... fishy. ^^;
    Nice thinking there, something about this is definitely fishy

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So that was his choice. As expected.

His dad is such an annoying man. I so dislike him for everything he had done on the latest episode, even more for the always-good-and-happy face he made in front of his son. Gah!

Anyway, I really like Seventh. It is unfortunate that their story ends on this episode, but I was glad that we were shown their past. That explains how they could be such a great couple.

After watching this episode I actually felt like what would happen to Yukkii is similar to what happened to Shu in Guilty Crown. Yukkii seemed like he would snapped out of disbelief of what happened and change. I truly would hate it if he turned into a zombie and locked himself in his room; he really needs to do something. >__>

Spoiler: List of Future Diary and Diary Owners show
    Last edited by phio_chan; February 07, 2012 at 04:01 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So that was his choice. As expected.

His dad is such an annoying man. I so dislike him for everything he had done on the latest episode, even more for the always-good-and-happy face he made in front of his son. Gah!

Anyway, I really like Seventh. It is unfortunate that their story ends on this episode, but I was glad that we were shown their past. That explains how they could be such a great couple.
    Yeah no surprise, after everything his dad did I would do the same. He's one of the most dislikable characters in the story, betraying his own son and killing his ex-wife <___<

It's shame that Seventh is gone now but I can assure you that the rest of the Diary Owners will have some kind of big battle, no one will die fast. Expect some background on Yuno and 11th first appearance soon, things are going to get very interesting from this point on.

After watching this episode I actually felt like what would happen to Yukkii is similar to what happened to Shu in Guilty Crown. Yukkii seemed like he would snapped out of disbelief of what happened and change. I truly would hate it if he turned into a zombie and locked himself in his room; he really needs to do something. >__>
    Nice theory there phio I guess it's kinda comparable to Shu but still different. Things are going to get worse for Yuki though, which will have an even bigger impact on him.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, his dad reminds me of a certain bastard irl.
    Can't believe he just did that murdering.
    Moving on, Macro and Ai...a sad backstory that made me sympathize with their deaths..esp with how awesome they are.
    Yuki and Yuno are officially back together again, not going to last.
    But what Macro said about the both of them was spot on (about how yuki was always depending on yuno) .
    8th seems to be much more sinister than she looks but 11th seems to be one of the toughest challenge ever seeing
    how he never made any moves yet (or he did, ahem, perharps akise? )

Quote Quote:
    Nice theory there phio I guess it's kinda comparable to Shu but still different. Things are going to get worse for Yuki though, which will have an even bigger impact on him.
    I hope he finally wakes up and actually uses his brain throughout. Him becoming god now is still impossible in my eyes because of how unreliable he can be but if his character develops more maybe I'll accept him as the winner.
    Or maybe it'll go another way and he'll worsen and turn into a mindless evil bastard who doesn't trust anyone anymore.
    I can see Mirai Nikki ending in a way that everyone dies tho.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that what Marco said about Yukkii and Yuno was true. I found it a mix between interesting and funny to hear such words from Marco. I mean, he doesn't seem to be the wise one, more like wild and uncontrolled. I suppose his past was the reason for that kind of attitude~ Glad to know them, though. Sad to see them leave.

I no longer care about Yukkii and Yuno. Personally speaking I don't think they would work out; with the psycho personal side of Yuno, Yukkii would always find himself stepping back from her once in a while. But he couldn't anything by himself too so he would return. Like an endless circle.

I hope he finally wakes up and actually uses his brain throughout. Him becoming god now is still impossible in my eyes because of how unreliable he can be but if his character develops more maybe I'll accept him as the winner.
    Or maybe it'll go another way and he'll worsen and turn into a mindless evil bastard who doesn't trust anyone anymore.
    I can see Mirai Nikki ending in a way that everyone dies tho.
    I can't agree more. I'm not really sure of Yukkii right now; I never was. When he decided to let go of Yuno and tried to do things on his own, I was disappointed that he ended up with her again, though I understand the situation required them to do so. Yukkii is too dependent of Yuno, thus he couldn't be the god. >__<

Everyone died is very possible. Usually in such game it is only played for fun, not to find real winner. ^^;

---------- Post added February 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was February 08, 2012 at 06:26 PM ----------

What happened to this thread?

Anyway...

The latest episode, episode 20 is just... sad. I did prepare myself for some deaths, but to see what exactly happened there... That was just sad. Not unexpected from Yukkii and Yuno, though. Yukkii had abandoned Yuno too many times, especially in moments where she was the right one, so no matter what he would stick with her, so it seems. Meh, can't disagree with that. She is the only one left for him, after all.

Totally can't wait for the next episode. A couple going wild accompanied by a heart-broken lady. Oh, my.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Gomen phio
    anyway, I managed to catch up to ep 20, I must say things got a lot more interesting
    with eleventh. On the other hand, Yuki became a little bit, just a bit, more impressive and ruthless.

But to be honest, he is still a freaking child that is almost completely dependent on Yuno and I'm sure that'll lead to his end.
    I just can't see a loser like him winning. I respected for a few moments but now..now
    I mean, I still like him a little but he seems to be heading to the point of no return.
    It doesn't matter what he used to justify himself for the murders,
    murder is still murder.

11 is a beast, he's smart and think things out. Makes me more confident that akise is working with him or maybe working for Mama (was she uh, 8th? ) . I don't really think mama is all there is to her but meh.

Oh Ninth...I think she is also one that deserves the most pity. She seems to have a harsh past and when she finally found someone willing to walk with her...it's just sad.
    Yuki using that and stepping on it was ridiculous and very child-like. What's he doing right now is playing god.

I think more misery awaits ninth after what deus had done, I don't think its good news. Maybe a god-child anyway, I think ninth might be the most human after all.. but I don't see her being god.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the end game..Mirai Nikki is fabulous so far although there were a few ridiculous moments here and there

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~ Someone should've watched episode 21!!!!

Anyway, this is getting very interesting. Now that most pieces have been wiped out of the battle zone.. All that's left are important, major characters. I truly wonder what Yukkii would do after this. I mean, surely he still has some murders to do, but also some secrets to reveal. /thoughtful look on the psycho Gasai Yuno

Akise-kun is amazingly suspicious. Just how... and why... I almost believed that he really worked with the bad guys to take Yukkii down. I just didn't see why he would help or hate Yukkii that much, really; he was just a complete stranger who wants to prove himself as a detective thus diving deeper into this strange case with Yukkii? @_@

Totally can't wait for next episode!

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast