Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Choose the #1 "Bad Girl"

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Riful

6 13.64%
  • Priscilla

3 6.82%
  • Ophelia

6 13.64%
  • Roxanne

20 45.45%
  • Teresa

3 6.82%
  • Miata

1 2.27%
  • Rachel

0 0%
  • Galatea

0 0%
  • Deneve

1 2.27%
  • Helen

0 0%
  • Agatha

0 0%
  • Rafaela

0 0%
  • Flora

1 2.27%
  • Raftela

0 0%
  • Clare

3 6.82%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's the #1 "Bad Girl" ???

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Who's the #1 "Bad Girl" ???

Who's the #1 "Bad Girl" ??? and if you want, please post why, and discuss.

01. Riful
    02. Priscilla
    03. Ophelia
    04. Miata
    05. Roxanne
    06. Deneve
    07. Helen
    08. Teresa
    09. Rafaela
    10. Agatha
    11. Rachel
    12. Galatea
    13. Raftela
    14. Flora
    15. Clare
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 10, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's the #1 "Bad Girl" ???

I'm torn between Riful, Ophelia and Roxanne. They're all 'bad' but in a different way. In the end, I can only pick one so I piked Riful cause she can still act so cute while having Dauf rip your limbs off. Real baddies never do the dirty work themselves when they don't have to.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point, I will have to choose Roxanne as the the most evil warrior that we have seen to date. Ophelia and Riful deserve strong consideration but both had motives and reasoning that may make their actions understandable. Riful began conscribing warriors into her service, in order to fight Isley. So she had self preservation in mind, when she began her onslaught. Ophelia was simply deranged and emotionally scarred. Seeing her brother disemboweled by Priscilla caused her mental instability. I don't think we could condone Riful's actions but we can certainly understand the motive of "self preservation." This resides within all of us. We can pitty Ophelia's plight as she, like many other individuals, became another one of the Organization's victims.

We don't have much on Roxanne, apart from that she's devious and sadistic. She'll love you one moment and lop of your head shortly after. I found especially cruel that she purposely caused the long and painful demise of another warrior, to undermine Cassandra. It was't enough to take the #1 spot, it was necessary to utterly anihilate Cassandra mentally, emotionally and physically. She simply could have challenge for the position and ascended without shedding any blood, especially that of your own comrade.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing we do need to consider with Roxanne, we do NOT yet know her story/past...

Roxanne is a Claymore after all, and all Claymores had some kind of awful past....

It is completely possible that Yagi will reveal a sympathic past with Roxanne, just like we have with Priscilla, Ophelia, Clare, Deneve, Miria, Cassandra, Undine, Miata, and etc... (forgive me for all the characters that I'm leaving out, lol. There's too many to name all of them, lol)
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Roxanne.

Hope she falls down the stairs and breaks her neck.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Roxanne!! She is very bad, much more priscilla and riful.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Roxanne awakens and kill off everyone along with Priscilla. Oh yeah, we need a new bad girl!

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What exactly do you mean by bad? Because allot of the people you have listed aren't really bad at all. I don't really see how Teresa, Miata, Rachel, Galatea, Deneve, Helen, Agatha, Rafaela, Flora, Raftela, Clare can be considered evil which just leaves Riful, Priscilla, Ophelia, Roxanne, Agatha. I'm not going to vote until what you consider bad is clarified.

If you mean bad as in #1 Baddass then my vote would go to Clare since she's always seemed to have this I don't care how weak you think I am I'm still going to kick your booty attitude. Most of the time she goes into things head first & figures out the situation later. In terms of sadistic evil my vote is between Ophelia & Roxanne since the awakened ones can't really help themselves.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Bad" can be whatever (ANYTHING, "Evil" or "stubborn/kick-ass" are both legit, as well as other definitions as well) you think it is, I intentionally want it to be ambigious, as I don't know how each person defines what "being bad" is like.

All the girls I've selected, for choices, can be considered as "bad girls", they do each have some "bad girl behavior" to them. If you know Claymore well, you should be able to understand the "badness" in each and every one of the choices of girls.

I'm more worried that I'm forgetting a few, really more than anything, laughs.

If you have additional choices to be added, post them and why you think they should be added

--------------------------------

actually, Awakeneds (or partially/some-what Awakeneds) can help themselves, they can choose to be good or evil, and/or switch between being evil or good, as well as giving in to their human-hunger vs not giving in to it, proving that they can help themselves:

Hilda, Isley, Riful, Luciela, Jean, Elena, Clare, Ophelia, Alicia, Beth, Priscilla, and etc...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 22, 2011 at 08:27 PM.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to go with Roxanne. I never did like Priscilla or Riful but whereas they annoyed or bored me, Roxanne actually made me want to dangle her ass off a balcony. Roxanne has done things in this manga that were twisted on a level that even Ophelia would be hardpressed to match. Of course it is not her actions that disgust me the most but in a way, her inactions. Standing idly by while an awakened being rapes and mutilates her own comrade as a new low. Roxanne is a disgrace as both a woman and a warrior. Here is hoping she gets pwned in the worst possible way. Here is hoping she gets ZERO PHOENIXED!
    Last edited by ZERO PHOENIX; October 24, 2011 at 01:34 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to go with Clare then since none of these women have ever openly went up to the organization asking to become a Claymore. She's basically the only one that chose her own path from the very beginning. Everyone else basically started out as drones.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Re: Who's the #1 "Bad Girl" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    I'd have to go with Clare then since none of these women have ever openly went up to the organization asking to become a Claymore. She's basically the only one that chose her own path from the very beginning. Everyone else basically started out as drones.
    We don't even know how "all" the other women became Claymores. We know the case stories of a very, very small handful of individuals but there are dozens of Claymore's whose backgrounds we don't know anything about. So you cannot (in good sense) say that Clare is the only one to have openly gone to the organization in hopes of becoming a Claymore, choosing her own path, and everyone else being drones yadda yadda. You have "some" grounds for a case when comparing Clare to a small sect of the warriors but you hardly have the facts to make a generalization as sweeping as the one you just made.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: removed possible confrontational lines

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    You posted this as a jest right? We don't even know how "all" the other women became Claymores. We know the case stories of a very, very small handful of individuals but there are dozens of Claymore's whose backgrounds we don't know anything about. So you cannot (in good sense) say that Clare is the only one to have openly gone to the organization in hopes of becoming a Claymore, choosing her own path, and everyone else being drones yadda yadda. You have "some" grounds for a case when comparing Clare to a small sect of the warriors but you hardly have the facts to make a generalization as sweeping as the one you just made.
    Clare: And that's how I became the first person ever to knock on the Organizations door of her own free will.

Basically all the old school Claymore (the most bad ass ones) Did not simply walk up to the Organization & ask to become a Claymore. The Organization would basically take in Orphans whose parents were killed by Yoma. The children that were taken in were then experimented on & didn't have any chose in the matter. Clare as far as we know is the only person to ever to flat out ask to become one. So yes everyone else in comparison including Teresa, Roxanne, Riful, Priscilla, Ophelia , blablabla were simply drones.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but Roxy just set the bar to being BAD! Unless you are counting Bad Boys too. I would give it to Rubel. A guy who place both side and let everyone kill of themselves, now that's being GODLY BAD!

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Down Re: Who's the #1 "Bad Girl" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    Clare: And that's how I became the first person ever to knock on the Organizations door of her own free will.

Basically all the old school Claymore (the most bad ass ones) Did not simply walk up to the Organization & ask to become a Claymore. The Organization would basically take in Orphans whose parents were killed by Yoma. The children that were taken in were then experimented on & didn't have any chose in the matter. Clare as far as we know is the only person to ever to flat out ask to become one. So yes everyone else in comparison including Teresa, Roxanne, Riful, Priscilla, Ophelia , blablabla were simply drones.
    How would Clare know that? I'll make this easy. You argue that Clare is #1 because she is the first person to willingly and boldly become a Claymore. You have absolutely no way of knowing that but instead you post a quote which you somehow (somehow) believe to prove your point. It doesn't. Why? Because you have to ask how would Clare possess the knowledge of every other Claymore's history? How does Clare know that she is the first person to freely become a Claymore? If you posted a quote from Dae or Rimuto then your argument would actually have value because they would know more than anyone. A quote from Clare is more or less hearsay and especially suspect given that she is talking about herself. Even the most staunch truth-teller may embellish tales of their exploits. Clare, being a number 47 (weakest of the weak) would have much to gain from embellishing her story.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 27, 2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: took out some possible confrontational lines

30. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast