Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 30 Discussion | Ch. 31 Prediction

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 30 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    MF's not working, so I have to answer you here, earth I think Rin felt Yukio's in danger because they're so close to each other emotionally. Even if it's true for many twins, it's still not a cable that physically connects them.
    Really? Guess we have a fundamental disconnect here. I strongly believe there's a biological component to the observed effect of twin's being so close to each other that they have similar patterns of thought. I also believe it's unrelated to the emotional connection between the siblings. Why? Because no matter how estranged you are from your sib, you still love them, even if they have damaged you and you wish you didn't feel that way. I'd take that as true for twins too.

So I think it reflects nothing on how close they are.

Quote Quote:
    Rin's not-so-pissed eyes look like eyes of any other demon
    I'd disagree, most demons look different - different eye color and whatnot. Take possessed!Toudou - his eyes are purely slits. Unsealed Rin and in this chapter Yukio have that red center in the otherwise Satan-blue eye (because it's the same color as the flames). And also... looking back on it, Yukio's eyes have the characteristic asymmetric iris like bozo!Rin and Satan. I always said it was a tripart pinwheel, but that might not be the case - could be purely a distortion.

But he's back to normal now, yay! And he's freaking adorable in the last page - just want to hug him!

(On the last page: when did Gimli and Yoh Takami become exorcists?)
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Estranged siblings? I thought you'd give an example of twins separated after birth, because even grudge is a strong emotional connection. I believe effect of twins is still a subject of studies, so as long as no direct biological connection (easier to find) is discovered (that'd have to be on molecular level probably) I'm going to stick to it being something emotional. Sorry, mathematical mind here. Also, I'd like to avoid another discussion about Rin and Yukio being supposedly estranged, because everything's been said already, I'm not going to change my mind and it's got really tiring by now.

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I'd disagree, most demons look different - different eye color and whatnot. Take possessed!Toudou - his eyes are purely slits. Unsealed Rin and in this chapter Yukio have that red center in the otherwise Satan-blue eye (because it's the same color as the flames).
    Can't say about iris or pupil color of various demons, including Yukio's since... the drawings are in black and white. I believe color pages are inconsistent here and anyway, they don't usually depict demon characters.

In my opinion eyes of all demons except for satan and pissed Rin (which look like particularly fancy case of aniridia - google it) are similar enough to be one of their most characteristic traits.

And also... looking back on it, Yukio's eyes have the characteristic asymmetric iris like bozo!Rin and Satan.
    No, they don't.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Estranged siblings? I thought you'd give an example of twins separated after birth, because even grudge is a strong emotional connection. I believe effect of twins is still a subject of studies, so as long as no direct biological connection (easier to find) is discovered (that'd have to be on molecular level probably) I'm going to stick to it being something emotional.
    Separated at birth there's still an emotional connection. Then there are also the patterns of being raised almost identically. They both affect the system. Technically it wouldn't occur on the molecular level, I'd think it would be related to the hormonal systems since in the placenta there is a lot of back and forth between the mother and child, so for twins there's probably some back and forth by the same mechanisms.

I understand being mathematically minded. I'm a physics major and math minor (when math is not hammering me into oblivion). Still, think about the possibilities. That's what leads to good research.

Quote Quote:
    Can't say about iris or pupil color of various demons, including Yukio's since... the drawings are in black and white. I believe color pages are inconsistent here and anyway, they don't usually depict demon characters.
    Take Kuro. He's been drawn on several color pages. His eye color is distinct from Rin.

I also extrapolated pupil color based on how Kazue focused on Yukio's eyes in the panel right before to see the red spot in the middle of the pupil. It just may be a family thing though, and unrelated to the demon condition.

Quote Quote:
    In my opinion eyes of all demons except for satan and pissed Rin (which look like particularly fancy case of aniridia - google it) are similar enough to be one of their most characteristic traits.
    Maybe, but I don't think they're all the same.

I also think we're going to see unsealed Rin next chapter (because that's the last really unresolved plot string). Kazue might've changed the design again.

(I love how much Toudou is like "Christmas came early! " in that page you posted. It also smells of "goddamn, you really would be so useful!" XD)

Note I said asymmetry. Not the distinct three divisions in the eye. On this page on the second panel, you can see an asymmetry. It looks like a single one of the three divisions, just like on the prior page. The next page it goes away, which is I think the power (whatever it is) leaving Yukio again. So it might be just a partial bit of it.

Whatever. Thinking about it, Kazue has a lot of avenues with this. Without giving Yukio any flames at all (which wouldn't make sense because he couldn't handle it earlier), it could purely be that Yukio has essentially the influence of Satan's son without any of the power to back it up. Kinduva a "faux" Satan's son. Can imagine that, although at this moment it is purely foreshadowing and it's likely that Yukio will push it to the back of his mind, sometime it might become useful to imitate Rin to save his butt.

Or I could be in intense denial that Yukio will get the flames. Yup, that's more likely.
    Last edited by earthforge; November 05, 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate spoilers but I see the pages anyways so this is all I'm gonna say: no way!!! :O

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sinrixa's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was originally going to post this on MF but it appears as though the database has decided that posting is not a very important function in a forum anymore. It's quite lovely. 8D
    SO NOW I'M HERE. o---o

Yaaay!!! We finally got to see Renzou and Koneko act really manly together (do I smell a new ship?)
    Oh god. o----o

According to Kaitou on MH, Yukio said that everything in his vision became blue.

By the way, just because the anime ****ed itself sideways doesn't mean that the manga will go the same route. This doesn't smell of exec meddling. In fact, I think Kazue planned this from the beginning, because the only other way to save Yukio's bum was to get someone to rescue him. Making cliffhangers that are resolved really fast is bad writing. So Kazue probably planned this from the get-go.

However, I do like how the twins are physiologically connected (Yukio can take a bit of power, though I sincerely doubt all of it), though they are emotionally slightly estranged (say what you will Anya, I think they are.)
    Ah! I forgot that I had an account over there on MH! I've just been lurking occasionally. Eh... I'll just keep talking to you here for this convo since I already started and that would get confusing to split it up. Now that that's changed, I should probably read all up in this thread and modify this post to fit the context of this convo better... but I won't. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. So there. Have my unaltered babble about things that have probably already been said here.

But yeah I saw that about his vision... And speaking of his eyes.. From the looks of it, his eyes got brighter/lighter (most likely that characteristic cyan), slit pupils (with apparent "red" center judging from the lack of ink there), and a slightly flaming iris on his right eye eye upon it initially turning demonic looking (since that dissipated almost immediately I presume is was nothing more than a 'release flare'). But the iris itself still looks round/oval.
    Overall, it looks similar to when Rin is pissed off but has the sword sheathed: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_...2/c004/37.html and http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_...4/c014/36.html
    Or when he has only very recently drawn his sword: (just unsheathed with 'release flare')http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_...2/c006/35.html (normal unsheathed)http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_...2/c007/34.html
    But it's still before getting consumed after drawing his sword: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_...3/c009/26.html and http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_...4/c013/40.html
    Oh and more support for 'release flare' theory: http://katoukikaku.jugem.jp/?eid=116
    ( so many links just because I love using sources :P )

I am actually absolutely certain that she planned for him to have an awakening at least since chapter 2 ( judging from the red eye dots http://imageshack.us/f/864/aonoexorcistv01c0201.jpg/ ) And I've only seen three color pics of Yukio, out of all the ones on her blog and on the MH art thread, that have him with eyes the same color as his hair/suit as opposed to blue. And on one of these his eyes were so small I considered not even counting it.
    Back to the point, I do believe she can pull it off. I just don't want them to both independently have the same exact powerhouse level and type of use.

This theory of yours though... I like it.

Okay sinsin, here's your imaginary money.
    YESSSSSSSSSS--! *counts imaginary money* -w-
    I draw stuff too...

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Earth, I'm gonna send you a congratulation PM when I decide that a chapter suggests they're emotionally estranged. For now - they look more close to each other than I expected.

Take Kuro. He's been drawn on several color pages. His eye color is distinct from Rin.
    He's an animal. I think demons have different eye colors too, but their shape is usually the same.

Note I said asymmetry. Not the distinct three divisions in the eye. On this page on the second panel, you can see an asymmetry. It looks like a single one of the three divisions, just like on the prior page. The next page it goes away, which is I think the power (whatever it is) leaving Yukio again. So it might be just a partial bit of it.
    I can't see any asymmetry except for the flame.

Can imagine that, although at this moment it is purely foreshadowing and it's likely that Yukio will push it to the back of his mind, sometime it might become useful to imitate Rin to save his butt.
    Yukio's not a person to push something like being a demon to the back of his mind. I hope he won't ponder about it too long before making it useful. Of course there's also that problem with Grigori exterminating sons of satan. I wonder whom will Yukio tell about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinrixa View Post
    Was originally going to post this on MF but it appears as though the database has decided that posting is not a very important function in a forum anymore. It's quite lovely. 8D
    SO NOW I'M HERE. o---o
    INORITE??? So annoying, not being able to reply.

I agree with your analysis of demon eyes, and I'm ashamed to admit I didn't notice the red dots in Yukio's eyes in the picture you linked.

I still hope Yukio's demon powers are much smaller than Rin's, he's got other abilities, like effectively using his brains.

I like it that Bon has to keep his finger on the ground when the kekkai is up - so it's not so easy to use. Bon's life really depends on Rin's abilities here.

Someone on MF asked what was that strange light - I thought it's the effect of the sporangium rupturing, but now I wonder if it's not Rin's powers being finally released. We left him when he apparently wanted to force the sword out of its sheath with the help of IK's tentacles. And he better hurry, because the IK's closing on them and I expect some kind of poisonous rain from the sporangium soon, so he'll have to create something like his own barrier around Bon.

I'm really curious about what Renzou and Koneko were talking about. Shiemi summoned her kawaii familiar with her own blood like Neihaus and Yukio, which made it much more cool, didn't it? Unfortunately, I'll never be able to look at greenman the same way after earthforge's anime rants :/

Looks like Juuzou's team has been upgraded from extras to characters.
    Last edited by Kryanka; November 06, 2011 at 08:15 AM.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Earth, I'm gonna send you a congratulation PM when I decide that a chapter suggests they're emotionally estranged. For now - they look more close to each other than I expected.
    Meh, my track record's been fairly average when it comes to predicting AnE. But I just don't see them as closer twins because Yukio hid that he was an exorcist for so long. That's not something they can get over in a day.

Quote Quote:
    I can't see any asymmetry except for the flame.
    That's it. It looks like a third of the bozoRin eye. I think it's just supposed to look like the not-so-bozo Rin eye, but very clearly Satanic.

Still...

Quote Quote:
    But yeah I saw that about his vision... And speaking of his eyes.. From the looks of it, his eyes got brighter/lighter (most likely that characteristic cyan), slit pupils (with apparent "red" center judging from the lack of ink there), and a slightly flaming iris on his right eye eye upon it initially turning demonic looking (since that dissipated almost immediately I presume is was nothing more than a 'release flare').
    Yeah, I didn't notice Rin's release flare prior. I think you're right, that's what it is because it went away over time pretty fast.

Quote Quote:
    Yukio's not a person to push something like being a demon to the back of his mind. I hope he won't ponder about it too long before making it useful. Of course there's also that problem with Grigori exterminating sons of satan. I wonder whom will Yukio tell about himself.
    Still, I think Yukio has no idea his eyes looked like Rin's. All he knows is that everything got tinted with blue and that Toudou began making some not-so-useful comments. I don't believe he'll jump to thinking it's demon related. I think he'll be thoroughly confused by it all until it happens again, and in front of someone else who'll tell him.

But if Toudou did tell him blatantly, Yukio will probably brood and put it out of his mind when he finds he's brooding too much (because brooding is destructive). That's why I said "put it out of the back of his mind" to begin with.

Quote Quote:
    I still hope Yukio's demon powers are much smaller than Rin's, he's got other abilities, like effectively using his brains.
    Again, it doesn't need to be an exact copy of Rin's. And I doubt Yukio would ever want Rin's abilities. He seems darned proud of the skills he's honed over so long. He'd never ever abandon that.

Quote Quote:
    I like it that Bon has to keep his finger on the ground when the kekkai is up - so it's not so easy to use. Bon's life really depends on Rin's abilities here.
    Did you also notice how Karura's still connected to his head with a bridge of flame? Kinda funny.

Quote Quote:
    Someone on MF asked what was that strange light - I thought it's the effect of the sporangium rupturing, but now I wonder if it's not Rin's powers being finally released. We left him when he apparently wanted to force the sword out of its sheath with the help of IK's tentacles. And he better hurry, because the IK's closing on them and I expect some kind of poisonous rain from the sporangium soon, so he'll have to create something like his own barrier around Bon.
    Hmm.... Interesting! (I also notice that he unconsciously drew his flames around the sword when Bon needed to be protected. No, I'm not thinking of the ship, I was just thinking that immediate mortal danger is the only way to get him to somewhat draw the flames.)

Quote Quote:
    Unfortunately, I'll never be able to look at greenman the same way after earthforge's anime rants :/
    As long as it isn't small and shooting plants from a suspicious area in the lower abdomen, it doesn't bother me. worries

Quote Quote:
    Looks like Juuzou's team has been upgraded from extras to characters.
    They'll probably toss Toudou around a while before he escapes and taunts them all. Yukio might ponder a bit about what happened before moving on

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, I think Yukio has no idea his eyes looked like Rin's. All he knows is that everything got tinted with blue and that Toudou began making some not-so-useful comments. I don't believe he'll jump to thinking it's demon related. I think he'll be thoroughly confused by it all until it happens again, and in front of someone else who'll tell him.
    I think Toudou was happy to tell Yukio that he was right and Yukio is in fact a demon. And even if he didn't have the time for that, I'm sure Yukio already knows. He saw the world in blue while Toudou was scared to see his changed eyes. Yukio's old man is a scary blue demon, so it's clear like 2+2=4 what was happening.

I think that Yukio won't repeat Rin's mistake and just tell everyone, so we won't have to see the same drama all over again. Besides, Yukio's part of the order for 10 years now, he's got friends there, he's going through check-ups and so on. His heritage is well-known and he gained the order's trust on countless missions. It's not like Rin, who is uncontrollable and unknown higher-class demon (who still has been accepted). So - I think Yukio's awakening may be soon known to the exorcists.

Did you also notice how Karura's still connected to his head with a bridge of flame? Kinda funny.
    Yeah, he looks so helpless, glued to the ground, with a ray of light protruding from his head.

Hmm.... Interesting! (I also notice that he unconsciously drew his flames around the sword when Bon needed to be protected. No, I'm not thinking of the ship, I was just thinking that immediate mortal danger is the only way to get him to somewhat draw the flames.)
    Little flames appear often on Rin, but turning into demon is different and it looks like it won't happen without unsheathing kurikara.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mr. Death's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 29 Discussion | Ch. 30 Prediction

Sig by Cross, Bar by Ravona!!!

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 30 Discussion | Ch. 31 Prediction

Haha, this chapter was priceless, and I especially enjoyed it because I didn't expect a chapter this month.

I think the Yukio's eyes issue is going to be a little more complex than what we can catch. To me, it looked like a leak from Rin because he couldn't release his sword. They both are brothers, have a link, like the one Rin has with his sword. And as a somehow not entirely human being, Yukio's linked to Gehenna, as well as it is Rin's sword. I think that whatever is going to be, is going to be related to this.

Btw, Shima's brother was epic badass. Awesome, that's a pretty dynamic entry.
    Last edited by Zaresh; November 09, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

What I loved the most was Rin and Bon's fight. Especially Rin shines trying desperately to pull out his sword and at the same time to calm down Bon in the tense situation. We also had a little cameo from Rin's flames, which gives me hope for the next chapter (IN 2012, DAMMIT!!!)

More character development from Renzou (gave him some depth, his thoughts), Koneko (redeemed himself alright), Shiemi (she keeps being annoying and still makes progress), Izumo (she keeps saying she doesn't like people and that can't die here or there - we get it, she's got stuff to do in life, like everyone).

People in the mangas always bite their fingers to have blood, is it really the best way, or it only looks cool? Does anyone ever tried that? Also, looks like size of a familiar demon is an indicator of both its strength and power of the summoner.

I still don't think Rin and Yukio share flames.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, sometimes I bleed a lot when I bite my fingernails. Sure it's a good method to bleed, fingers are full of nerves, but... It hurts.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People in the mangas always bite their fingers to have blood, is it really the best way, or it only looks cool? Does anyone ever tried that? Also, looks like size of a familiar demon is an indicator of both its strength and power of the summoner.
    As Zaresh said - nerves. It is bad idea to bite your fingers, at least on the surface. A more realistic way would be pulling back dead skin, but that would be considered disgusting and very much not theatrical.

Indeed. Shiemi seems like she's a very strong summoner, she just needs to develop her self-confidence more. Again, I really wonder if her father was an exorcist...

Quote Quote:
    I still don't think Rin and Yukio share flames.
    I agree. They don't share flames. Yukio has no flames. As for demonic power, it's more that Rin is the reservoir and sometimes Yukio can use it (not necessarily when Rin isn't using it.)

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved it when Shiemi shouted: "OUT! NOW!!!" Well done, Shiemi!
    (kinda destroyed the mood later when she hugged her familiar and cried, though)
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tenebrae's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

any word on ch.31?

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast