Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Guilty Crown

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guilty Crown

Enjoyable final episdoe for me and it turns out to be a happy ending of sorts minus Inori.
    I thought Shu would not make it as well but it was really nice. I felt bad for Inori who ended up sacrifcing everything but she saved Shu in the end as well.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally it ends. Haha, I feel like laughing in despair.

Gai and Mana looked like badass evil couple. So, while Inori is a singer, Mana is a ballet dancer? I was hoping for something great from her, but she only lasted for minutes.

The final battle wasn't as epic as I expected. But it's okay. The song is still epic. Oh, and as I thought, the flower had something to do with the final battle.
    It's Inori's Void! But yeah, the words she said was just o.O. If I wasn't looking at the scene that's happening, I would have thought she meant it in another way.

Now I finally get the answer to the reason behind Gai's transformation. The heck. So he did all of that with good motivation in mind? But wasn't it a very dangerous gamble? What would have happened if Shu failed to save them? He put too much faith in Shu, I say. o_O Oh, and his talk about how "you will never understand!"... Typical.

I was disappointed that Shu didn't die though. Inori took his place. Argh~ They really picked a fitting song to that scene with Shu and Inori. I felt like crying. As to why, he was blind, I think it has something to do with Inori. When Inori came back, she was blind, no?

And there are some characters whose fate we'll never know. So Daryl got a second chance in life? Please, I don't even know why he's there. I mean, until the end, he was of no big importance, you know? I thought with his past revealed like that, he would have a character development or something, but it turned out that there's nothing big happening to him.

In conclusion, the ending was so-so. At least someone made the sacrifice though it wasn't done by the person I wanted. I had nothing against this ending though I just think that it can be better. Shu with mechanical arm (and that outfit) does remind me of Ed.
    As for the whole series... I would not watch this anime for the second time, I tell you. I feel like choking someone in stead of Shu. I'm just so mad over the course of the story.
    I also have something to say to the creators of this anime. I better watch out if they'll make another anime. I will make sure to avoid them.
    Oh, and in the end, Hare is my favorite character. It's sad that she died early, but at least she didn't undergo that event that made all the other characters go mad. She died heroically and she really is the true heroine in this anime.

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I moved this to Retro Theater now that it has ended~

My comment? Nah, Skyguardian and yukihime03 did a great job writing what I felt. In general, the ending was not significant. No impact for me. I honestly thought the ending for first part where they killed Gai together with Mana was more proper as the ending of this entire series. In my opinion Guilty Crown actually ended at that time, since this second part was just too weird.

I really didn't feel anything. Everyone was alive except Inori. I had expected Shu to be.. alone, but he was there, celebrating his birthday, with his friends. How could they find him? It would've been better if he was off somewhere else, really. Where is Haruka? What happened to the other characters: people from Funeral Parlor, that ex-student council president, and some other people? How did they revive Gai? Sounds like not important questions, right, but small details make up the big image and I didn't get that from this series.

Oh, well... It has ended. Fare thee well, Guilty Crown.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just squeezed some time to watch this finale and I'm at a loss of words.
    It's not because it blew me away or because it was too emotional.
    I'm at a loss of words because I cannot comprehend nor do I know what the right words to use here..so yes, like skyguardian..

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian
    DAFAQ?!
    only to a lesser extent.

I don't think I'm going to write anything here. I'm pretty sure people had enough of my bitching and if I start, I'm going to start bitching so..For the first time I'm going to rate GC,
    as a whole.

Animation: 8/10
    Music: 9/10
    Story: 3/10
    Characters: 4/10
    Overall: 4/10

Guilty Crown is the kind of show that have no inner substance at all, only a facade and a very horrible facade at that.
    It's like eating a chocolate cake that looks beautiful but getting the runs after it.
    Last edited by Zeltrax; March 25, 2012 at 03:21 AM.

7. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Guilty Crown

just started watching this anime and WOW

it is pretty freaking awesome, i am a big fan of it so far

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see the OVA?

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Not yet. Was it good?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have watched it, it's an okayish prequel somehow related to the main plot - the only one from the first season we see is Segai though and how he lost his eyes/changed looks. Besides that there's nothing really interesting, some things like Daat are hinted at but the relation to the sequel is pretty vague. It's only 15 minutes long so you don't miss much, I would probably rate it 6.5-7/10

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, it's good compared to the original series. Scroogy and Carol are much more interesting characters than Shu and Inori. From the little we saw, I think Scroogy's and Carol's personalities are the ones we hoped exist in the main characters of a rather dark series like this.
    Even though it's rather vague, it has more depths than GC. Some people said this 11-minutes OVA is way better than the whole 22-episodes of GC combined.

Oh, and the graphic and music are still awesome.
    That weapon that comes out from Carol's body? Wow.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    For me, it's good compared to the original series. Scroogy and Carol are much more interesting characters than Shu and Inori. From the little we saw, I think Scroogy's and Carol's personalities are the ones we hoped exist in the main characters of a rather dark series like this.
    Even though it's rather vague, it has more depths than GC. Some people said this 11-minutes OVA is way better than the whole 22-episodes of GC combined.

Oh, and the graphic and music are still awesome.
    That weapon that comes out from Carol's body? Wow.
    How can someone compare 11 minutes to 22 episodes? that's the point, the 11 episodes were nice but it's not like the first 11 minutes of CG weren't nice either. The new characters were fine but it didn't explain much - how are they related to the main story, what happened to them? What was this thing that destroyed Segai's eye? Where does it came from, wasn't it supposed to attack Scroogy and Carol and not their enemies? Too little explained (ofc you can't do much in 11 episodes) and even if we would get answers, after what happened in the main story I have this feeling that they won't be pleasing.

Graphic and music were good yeah, the usual GC level but I'm sure everyone here knows that that wasn't the problem XD

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

From the clues in the eps, I can safely said that it happened in a country like USA, and it happened around the time of Lost Christmas.
    They said this eps is an adaptation from its light novel so I guess we'll know more if we read the LN?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the whole serie...
    Great animation, great character design (design, not personality!), great music.
    The ideas were good, but not exploited the way they should have been...

Basically, they ruined what could have been a very very good show...

The worst part, for me, was the ending...

It had so much potential, and they totally ruined it by omitting to explain anything...
    And, the worst thing is that they separated Inori and Shu...

I didn't mind a bad ending, all I wanted is either both of them alive, or both of them dead.
    With Inori dead and Shu now blind and sulking for the rest of his life, listening to the song his "lover" sang...

... This is just wrong on so many level...

---------------------

Lost Christmas looks interesting, but I don't know if this is going to become an anime.
    It seems like it's going to be a PC game.

And honestly, with the disappointment of GC, I'm not sure I want to take the risk again with LC...
    Although, maybe they will have learned from their mistakes and they will be able to create something good from it.

Maybe Lost Christmas will be what Guilty Crown should have been from the very start...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13