Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty Crown

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guilty Crown

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    well you can look at the main plot beforehand but well, good looking art/animation can be a deciding point too

looks like we got the real OP now, I like it
    I can't say that an anime is good before it ends (because even though the beginning is very good but if the ending is bad, it's not a good anime as a whole).

Yeah. My Dearest by Supercell. Seems like Euterpe is only an insert song.

Newest Episode was quite interesting, this Daryl guy seems to be a very nasty type, doubt that this is all that we see from him. He's the epitome of being arrogant, thinking normal folks aren't even allowed to touch him, looks like we got our first real villain.
    Animation looks great again and I start to like the leader, he seems like an interesting character.

I was kinda disappointed with Shu's decision but well, maybe that's the big difference between him and Lelouch. I doubt that he will find a way out, he's already way too much involved and they won't let go such a powerful "weapon". Looking forward to the next episodes!
    Daryl is quite good-looking and he's also blonde. Too bad that he's a nasty sort. Looks like his berserk button is other people's touch. Is a hygiene freak or something? He must be really mad at Shu when he realized what has happened. Shu is really cool at that scene, I didn't even realize he's going to take out Kaleidoscope from Daryl. Well, that's the point of surprise attack.

And Gai!! Damn, he's an AWESOME leader! He's kind but also strict. Oh, and he's cunning. He puts a lot of trust in his plan and Shu. I admire his way of staying calm at gunpoint.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Guilty Crown

Just recently watched this anime and I'm liking it so far. Heck I might just skip a head to the scans for this one. Gai the leader seems to be written off as either too knowing, confident or something like that. Besides that it was really good.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Didn't expected such a cool episode 2.
    Daryl is crazily insane but his personality makes me smile, am I insane too?
    I think the real last boss will be the father, maybe he'll be like lelouch's father.
    Hahaha. Don't worry, I also smile when I see Daryl though it turns into scowl when he goes berserk. Gee, I'm starting to believe he's a hygiene freak.

supercell..and that opening!
    I got to say that one strong point of Guilty Crown is its soundtrack.

Gai is a charmer and have a really cold personality, he's tough outside and inside. He's the real thing.
    Back then, I thought..."so this guy can just punch randomly guy in a suave way..so what?"
    I was wrong, he got it in him.
    The part where he placed all his trust onto shu when they just met and how he just stood there not even shivering.
    Is this guy even human <_<
    Am I the only one that thinks that he will die in the future? Just like Kamina or something? I mean, its happens sometimes.
    He's not really cold I think. Just really strict because he still has the ability to smile warmly. He's only cold when it comes into battle, I think. He's a calculating guy. I know I don't want to mess with him.
    Ah, yeah. That's a very awesome scene because he can stand there calmly. He's a superhuman, I have to say.
    Oh no, I don't like to think that. I would like him to stay alive.

I agree but I'm not disappointed about shu's decision. At least I know he wouldn't go down Lelouch's path.
    His decision is very human and normal, sure..he wanted to do something and to change things as mentioned in episode 1 but I guess
    somewhere deep inside he's scared and afraid of things changing so fast around him.
    Ah, but I think Gai won't let him stay that way. As I said before, he's frighteningly cunning.

Another thing to note is the explanation of voids. So Shuu can pull weapons out of certain people now?
    Not sure how I should feel about it, I was pretty satisfied with the sword.
    I think so. Though I'm a bit confused as to how Gai knows Daryl has kaleidoscope inside him.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I am liking this anime. BGM is really good. Plot is interesting and so are the characters. Gai has been my favorite so far. I hope he doesn't turn out to be using others for his own goals.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; October 25, 2011 at 01:23 PM.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We should stop comparing GC to CG.

I've just seen episode 2. Awesome! This anime started with such an impression. I hope it wouldn't make us disappointed like Ao no Exorcist. Amazing background musics again, I agree with thorn. Great animation, nice plot advance. The ending is interesting, makes me can't wait for the next episode!

I just have one question. In this second episode, Shu used a different Void, the one looks like a gun. Where did it come from? I thought Gai said that a person's Void is unique. So in this case, Inori's Void was the blade. And what did Shu do to Daryl?

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I just have one question. In this second episode, Shu used a different Void, the one looks like a gun. Where did it come from? I thought Gai said that a person's Void is unique. So in this case, Inori's Void was the blade. And what did Shu do to Daryl?
    That came from Daryl. Apparently some individuals have a "void" in them. In this case, daryl's is a kaleidoscope(or at least it looks like one) gun. So at that moment Shu took Daryl's void and used it.
    I wonder if everyone have a void or only a few? I'm not sure when I said "some individuals" tho.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I suspected it was like that, I was just not sure. But then again, how did Shu take Daryl's Void? In case with Inori, she kind of 'offered' herself to Shu so that he could use the cylinder/genome and took the Void out of Inori. What happened in Daryl's case? And does it mean that Daryl now 'belongs' to Shu like Inori? Now that is funny. XD

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

We should stop comparing GC to CG.

I've just seen episode 2. Awesome! This anime started with such an impression. I hope it wouldn't make us disappointed like Ao no Exorcist. Amazing background musics again, I agree with thorn. Great animation, nice plot advance. The ending is interesting, makes me can't wait for the next episode!

CG/GC

And don't forget that AnE just turned out disappointing because it didn't stay true to the manga everything before was great

Okay, I suspected it was like that, I was just not sure. But then again, how did Shu take Daryl's Void? In case with Inori, she kind of 'offered' herself to Shu so that he could use the cylinder/genome and took the Void out of Inori. What happened in Daryl's case? And does it mean that Daryl now 'belongs' to Shu like Inori? Now that is funny. XD
    I wonder about that too, I thought he could only take the Void out of Inori . Yet it looks like he can do it everytime he wants, without the permission of the owner. Still I doubt that everyone has a Void (didn't they say something about it?) so how did they knew that Daryl had one and that he could just take it from him?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that is the further question. Another question is that, what did that cylinder (Void Genome) actually do when someone wants to take Void from another person. Nothing has been explained properly yet; I'm looking forward to it in the next episodes! ^^

(I've just realized that GC and CG when I made that post. Awesome, no? )

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder about that too, I thought he could only take the Void out of Inori . Yet it looks like he can do it everytime he wants, without the permission of the owner. Still I doubt that everyone has a Void (didn't they say something about it?) so how did they knew that Daryl had one and that he could just take it from him?
    You're repeating my question. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, from what I see, Gai already knows that Daryl has kaleidoscope which is why he sends Shu to get that. I wonder whether Gai actually knows the moment he sees Daryl that the weapon is called kaleidoscope or that he names it himself. No matter what the true answer is, I can only say that Gai is one hell of a strategist. Daryl, that psycho/hygiene freak, is obviously no match for him. I love that surprised face of Daryl.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    You're repeating my question. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, from what I see, Gai already knows that Daryl has kaleidoscope which is why he sends Shu to get that. I wonder whether Gai actually knows the moment he sees Daryl that the weapon is called kaleidoscope or that he names it himself. No matter what the true answer is, I can only say that Gai is one hell of a strategist. Daryl, that psycho/hygiene freak, is obviously no match for him. I love that surprised face of Daryl.
    Not only a strategist but a daredevil as well. He did not try to evade the oncoming attack. He did not even falter for a moment. He was so confident and trusted that Shu would pull it off.

Correct me if I am wrong, there are supposed to be 2 more Genomes other than the one Shu acquired?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The process itself is not yet clear so it's hard to answer the questions at this moment (which is not a bad thing). What I'm mostly confused about is that I thought a Void could only be taken out if you have a Void Genome and had made some kind of contract with the bearer. So Shu all the way successfully like that to get the kaleidoscope... Mmph. XD

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Not only a strategist but a daredevil as well. He did not try to evade the oncoming attack. He did not even falter for a moment. He was so confident and trusted that Shu would pull it off.

Correct me if I am wrong, there are supposed to be 2 more Genomes other than the one Shu acquired?
    Usually there is an interesting past behind such strength. I'm looking forward to it.

I think I remembered Gai said that to Shu, that there are 3 Void Genomes that had been cultivated. One was supposed to be Gai's but Shu and Inori used it first. I wonder where the other two are located now.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The process itself is not yet clear so it's hard to answer the questions at this moment (which is not a bad thing). What I'm mostly confused about is that I thought a Void could only be taken out if you have a Void Genome and had made some kind of contract with the bearer. So Shu all the way successfully like that to get the kaleidoscope... Mmph. XD
    I don't hear any explanation about making a contract with the bearer. As far as I know, from Gai's explanation, different Void can be drawn out from different person and he doesn't say what kind of person so it is possible that he means all kinds of people. If you have a Void Genome then you can take out other person's Void no matter who it is. But Gai also says that Void is idea that gets a form so I am speculating that the stronger the mind of a person, the stronger the Void.

I think I remembered Gai said that to Shu, that there are 3 Void Genomes that had been cultivated. One was supposed to be Gai's but Shu and Inori used it first. I wonder where the other two are located now.
    All in good time. Surely we'll find out later (hopefully).

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't hear any explanation about making a contract with the bearer. As far as I know, from Gai's explanation, different Void can be drawn out from different person and he doesn't say what kind of person so it is possible that he means all kinds of people. If you have a Void Genome then you can take out other person's Void no matter who it is. But Gai also says that Void is idea that gets a form so I am speculating that the stronger the mind of a person, the stronger the Void.
    I kind of speculating myself since (if I remember correctly) Inori said something along the lines of permitting Shu to use her Void. So I thought at least there must be some kind of acceptance from the owner of the Void for it to be drawn out by someone else. The rest of what you said is true, though. ^^

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well then, I can hardly say that's a contract, it's more like, "It's okay, just use it, don't be shy" kind of thing.

New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast