Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Guilty Crown

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guilty Crown

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    He could kill that strange-looking guy this episode because not much connection there, but I'm not sure he can kill the rest. He asked even so politely to those who betrayed him, very funny.
    I think it's because he felt that all of those are his fault, he felt guilty (hence the title), but it is also possibly that it is because he can't really feel anymore. He has a very vacant expression most of the time.

His Void is... his right hand?
    Finally. He never thought of using his own Void, huh? XD Oh, well, true that this is getting slightly more interesting. We'll see.
    I think it's only the manifestation of his Void, to help him use his power better.. and do you notice that somehow the Voids evolve again? The design is somehow different from the earlier Voids...

I can see that too now. I wonder if that would be a better ending.
    Certainly it is. (Don't ask me why I love that kind of ending.) He will either die of the cancer, the battle, or the strain his power put on his body (well, his mom said that he will die if he use it again, right?)... The possibility of his death in the end is quite big, and I do think that it will be a better ending. The fairytale kind of ending will not suit this anime at all.. Seriously, if it ends with "they all live happily ever after"....
    Anyway, I don't know if the writer has another idea for the best ending...

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    No - for the best ending, Shu has to go and kill off everyone!!
    Somehow your avatar suits your words very much.

Well, Shu will certainly kill people though not all, I think...

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I think it's only the manifestation of his Void, to help him use his power better.. and do you notice that somehow the Voids evolve again? The design is somehow different from the earlier Voids...
    Yeah, as if the shape of the other Voids changed and matched the one at his hand. It has changed, yes. This Void Genome seems to be a higher level one compared to the first one he took? But his original Void Genome was then taken by Gai and instantly it had the ability like Shu's new Genome. I wonder what caused this difference? Is it because of the mental of the user?

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Certainly it is. (Don't ask me why I love that kind of ending.) He will either die of the cancer, the battle, or the strain his power put on his body (well, his mom said that he will die if he use it again, right?)... The possibility of his death in the end is quite big, and I do think that it will be a better ending. The fairytale kind of ending will not suit this anime at all.. Seriously, if it ends with "they all live happily ever after"....
    Anyway, I don't know if the writer has another idea for the best ending...
    I can't agree more. Charlie, he would surely waste some people off... Perhaps even Gai... Yet I think there are times when he would choose to save them if he could. He has always been like that. >__<

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, as if the shape of the other Voids changed and matched the one at his hand. It has changed, yes. This Void Genome seems to be a higher level one compared to the first one he took? But his original Void Genome was then taken by Gai and instantly it had the ability like Shu's new Genome. I wonder what caused this difference? Is it because of the mental of the user?
    Well, maybe it is... the stronger the power user is, the stronger the power...
    But I can't help thinking that the creators make it like that so that it will be cooler. :P
    Honestly, I actually like the design of the earlier Voids more...

I can't agree more. Charlie, he would surely waste some people off... Perhaps even Gai... Yet I think there are times when he would choose to save them if he could. He has always been like that. >__<
    *pessimistic*

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    No - for the best ending, Shu has to go and kill off everyone!!
    This post with this avatar... I'll never see Shu as a human again... x)

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyable episode.
    But the plotholes, oh my, the plotholes, the void genome wasn't well guarded, and she managed to escape easily, ghq managed to kill that big guy so easily like child's play
    and why did shu and arisa knows where exactly to find Haruka? I mean, what the heck?

The clown guy is the worst kind of hisoka ripoff I ever saw, his character just got threw away in one episode despite all the characterization we saw of him, I thought him as smarter and much more sinister than
    "BWAHAHAHA ITS THE LIGHT, WOOOOOOOOOO SUICIDE ATTACK!"

I don't think any of us really care about the terrible plot but I thought the new shu's hand was well done, that moment where he fought (although him spinning+ flying was just plain weird. ) with the ost, was great.

I don't think shu is forgiving and that his friends are forgiving, both sides made mistakes and both sides wanted to forgive each other. That is all there is to it.

Yay for predictable finale with everyone fighting sephiroth!

So Gai was a bad guy from the start? it's like they are not even trying anymore.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Yay for predictable finale with everyone fighting sephiroth!

So Gai was a bad guy from the start? it's like they are not even trying anymore.
    Maybe Sephiroth (I really wanted to fuse Sephiroth and Gai... but the result... wasn't what I wanted ) found Jenova? Who wouldn't freak out.

Or he is a real jerk because Mana loved Shu and not him. And know he is here for payback and to kick ass with his white hair and white uniform...
    and white masamune... well not yet... x)

---------- Post added March 09, 2012 at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2012 at 11:44 PM ----------

Episode was okay.
    We got a lot of the backstory to connect some loose ends.

But I REALLY don't like their behaviour. It's like they made a small mistake and all is forgiven.
    Sorry but this is way to easy.
    Shu really is to kind for god's sake...
    I'd never forgive someone who tried to kill me - and I mean EVERYONE there - so easily.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... this is the revelation eps... Now we know why things happened...
    Things are kinda ironic on Gai's ends... But we still don't really know why or how he actually came back from the dead(?)... I hope the next eps will explain.

But as Skyguardian said... too easy. Just too easy.
    I was just "okay then, whatever. just get on to the battle already!" coz the whole drama thing is just epic fail.

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked this episode - hopefully in the next one Shu can get Inori back and push out Mana.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

this episode was kindda..neutral for me.
    It's good that they explain stuff but really, Gai being an asshole from the start still no made so sense, that means that from the start he was wearing a mask and took it off at episode 12.

What I can tell from this episode,
    the virus came from space, and mana came in contact with it, turning her into a virus carrier and when bred with someone, this virus will destroy the world and form a new race.
    In order to counter virus, void genome was created.

I'm not even sure if I'm right but it still doesn't make much logical sense.
    Other than that, the friendship forgiving thing was pretty mature but like skyguardian said..made no sense.
    And tbh, it wasn't everyone that tried to kill him, I think Yahiro didn't.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What I can tell from this episode,
    the virus came from space, and mana came in contact with it, turning her into a virus carrier and when bred with someone, this virus will destroy the world and form a new race.
    In order to counter virus, void genome was created.
    I'm not even sure if I'm right but it still doesn't make much logical sense.
    Seems like this anime is about Darwin. At least if I follow the little boys logic because it's much like a very hard theory of evolution.
    Looks like the void genom is something which outruns the virus but isn't to healthy either.
    The question is why acted Mana the way she did.

Other than that, the friendship forgiving thing was pretty mature but like skyguardian said..made no sense.
    And tbh, it wasn't everyone that tried to kill him, I think Yahiro didn't.
    If you take in account the moments after Shu "killed" his little brother...
    This anime makes it seem like killing attempts are something to forgive very easily.
    But thats not even the crucial point.
    The smiling faces of everyone while the shook was maybe cliche but totaly wrong at this point.
    If I were Shu I wouldn't be just pissed and I'd never heal the cancer of his "best friend". Seriously? They are friends for like 15 episodes and something like THAT is forgiven?
    I don't even know if Shu matured while making "friends" or if his logic finally jumped down the abyss.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    The question is why acted Mana the way she did.
    Yeah, that's the big question. And it seems Mana and Shu are blood siblings after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I don't even know if Shu matured while making "friends" or if his logic finally jumped down the abyss.
    I prefer to think that it's the later.

We got the background story here, but we still don't really know anything. I mean, we don't even know who that blond-boy really is (Alien? ), and what actually happened to Gai until he went Sephiroth-ey.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Again I feel like I missed an episode or two.
    Ayase loves Shu too? It isn't even funny anymore... =/

The top mech of the Ghost Unit beeing called Gespenst (Ghost) is kinda stupid isn't it...
    Funell beeing a waver is the cherry on top of the cake...

Using Krone as BGM was genius though ...

Gai-phiroth sure is a douchebag... Taking her memory and then tell her she loved Shu... What is this now? A soap?
    But she nailed it. Shu is to kind for this world and this is the reason he will die. Funny though. This anime shows us that to much kindness gets you killed. How ironic. I hope Bossun doesn't watch this.

That "nakama" line... Really? Why are they so damn illogical?

The one with the shurikenlike void... Sure is a one hit kill... for the user that is...
    Shus Genkidama was fun. It was one handed! Take that Goku.

He acted like a MC for the first time. I liked that.
    I even liked Mana. Because she looks cool, evil and cute.

Where did Gais evilness go though? He looked almost like a good guy,

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Soooooooooo... honestly, I don't really get it...
    The first scene seems to be the one when Gai was recovered... But it still doesn't explain why he became a bad guy... and the scene when he talked to Inori? Yeah, now he seemed (and sounded) like the old Gai. The heck?
    Like Skyguardian said, it's almost like a soap...

But Inori's last speech moved my heart, at least. I felt sad for her.

They're actually using the story of Adam and Eve, eh? Will you eat the apple, or not? That Daath kid is the snake, then?
    Their battle is cool, though I wonder whose Void it was that Shu drew at the end of the battle... Seems like a powerful one, that absorbs the enemy's attack and shoot it back to the enemy. I didn't remember there's a Void like that.
    Oh, and we can see how different Daath's and Shu's manifestation of Voids. Daath's looked like the usual ones, silvery, but Shu's are transparent black with green lines. I think we will never know why it became like that.

And that last scene.. Inori's tear created a flower, I wonder if in the next eps we'll see the flower doing something.
    Also, Gai said "You just missed her," in that casual way of speaking as if Shu just missed a train. Really, Gai, really?

I agree with skyguardian that Mana looked evil but cute. I wonder if she's the one that Shu has to defeat instead of Gai. It's going to be interesting.

And no.. Ayase doesn't love Shu in a romantic way.. I think she just likes him as a very good friend.

BGM? As awesome as usual.
    Oh, and the graphic too... Very impressive.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

at Skyguardian's post.
    It was great reading that, I mean I was sure a few pages
    back you really enjoyed guilty crown.

Maybe you still do, just not in the same way as before
    Anyway, moving on.. this episode..where do I start?
    Shu on a scooter attacking the base was..really hilarious.
    You think with GHQ massive military capabilities they will be able to send some formidable forces to stop him but no, he went in like a breeze of wind.
    So..the rest of the funeral parlor besides ayase and tsugumi was basically just..there...
    like they always were, just there.

Oh is Gai actually sentimental? The remarks he made while sentimental is kindda cruel don't ya think?
    Inori, well I never liked her but that scene was nicely done (except for tears creating flowers, just because for dramatic purposes) and over time I grew to like her, just a bit.
    If she's really a fake, then it kindda makes sense for her to develop feelings and fall in love and it was pretty sad.
    But then I like almost everyone in this show even Shu, although i may bitch alot.

Quote Quote:
    Shus Genkidama was fun. It was one handed! Take that Goku.
    It was actually getsuga tenshou colors that was exactly what I was thinking.

While shu was doing that, I found out that he might had been repeating the same lines that he said when Hare died..of course I don't expect everyone to remember hare but uh, it feels weird.

Oh and that weird eyebrows kid..he felt like those kind of boss that appears in rpg before you confront the final big boss, the annoying 2nd last boss you have to fight and then you go confront the final big boss with your remaining hp after tanking the 2nd last boss.. I didn't want to think like that, I blame guilty crown.
    What was his name again?

GC gets even worse as it reaches the end, next episode is the final and it might actually be tolerable if it doesn't give us 2ND SEASON ANNOUCED! or WTF TWIST! .
    Please just end it in a cliche style..
    Last edited by Zeltrax; March 17, 2012 at 06:25 AM.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

at Skyguardian's post.
    It was great reading that, I mean I was sure a few pages
    back you really enjoyed guilty crown.

Maybe you still do, just not in the same way as before

Oh and that weird eyebrows kid..he felt like those kind of boss that appears in rpg before you confront the final big boss, the annoying 2nd last boss you have to fight and then you go confront the final big boss with your remaining hp after tanking the 2nd last boss.. I didn't want to think like that, I blame guilty crown.
    What was his name again?
    You're not wrong. I liked the first season more than the second. After that it kinda got worse and was more frustrating than the ending of Mass Effect 3.
    I just want it to end and I alsways finish what I start. The music and superb animation let me enjoy it... The story... Nice try...

For the record. I had more trouble conquering the Cerberus base than Shu had while driving through empty hallways. Seriousley?

He called himself Daath. Whatever... I don't care anymore... You kinda never see that much potential getting crushed...

---------- Post added March 23, 2012 at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was March 17, 2012 at 03:53 PM ----------

So there it was...
    You know... I could sum up the whole episode in one word. But I think it would be censored. So I choose... DAFAQ?!
    So... I'm trying to be objective.

So it turns out our evil GHQ president wanted to destroy the world because of very good reasons. You know... Who wouldn't destroy everything just so you can say "Told ya! :P" I'm sure we all would.

Manas purpose... Hm... I can't decide. Did she serve as a running gag? Because she was killed over and over again... Without doing anything then beeing freaky or fanservice. Seriousley. What was her purpose? Hell if only she would've been the wall getting closer at the closed up zone of Tokyo. Because the threat was way bigger!

Next I laughed so hard. Why? After the cancer of that blond chick was healed... Her void gone... EXACTLY at that moment of happiness she gets shot... No let me rephrase that because it was to stupid to be true.
    She used to be a void-user with cancer but than she took a deus machina user to the heart and a machine gun to the knee!

Ayase's purpose... Hm... In this episode... Tell me if I'm wrong... But I BET she only hit the wall so her breasts could jiggle. Same goes for Tsugumi.

The final battle... Sword vs. Scissors... Whoever thought damn scissors would be a good sword replacement?!
    And of course... Shotas Gun becomes a super weapon which can nullify everything...
    Gai going from the evil guy to the old Guy to the evil Gai and to a bishonen love interest... Yeah right... Go to the crystal... I'm so dissapointed...

Big LOL for Inori... and I quote... "Everyone... Please use me!" dafaq? Did she really say that? I can't even rant about it... It was wrong in so many ways...

Soooo Daryl... Yeah... Nice try sidekick-fodder... He is like mycosis pedis... Gets back everytime and is annoying as hell. Their last attempt to give him some kind of character... It failed so hard you can't even call it a "fail" anymore.

In the end... I quote the infamous Harbinger. "You will surrender your potential against the growing void."
    Fits exactly. Because I didn't want to say: "They did everything they could to drive their story against a wall and crush every attempt of logical plot!"
    I kinda did though...
    They ended up with answering none of our questions. In the end sequence they finally killed themselfs for good. I don't hate happy endings. But this was a fail no words can describe it. A few years later? Tsugumi was 14... She STILL looks like that. That goes for everyone.
    What is Shu now? A fusion of Mustang and Edward Elric? Are you kidding me? WHY is he blind?
    And nice try saving Inori... Mission failure I'd say...

Please forgive me my ranting... But starting now this is a horrible week for me... 9 Animes I enjoyed are ending... That hurts... But hey. Guilty Crown made it easy for me... Because the only reason I'm sad is Hare died... And you all know that happened a while ago...

I'm done...

25. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast