Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: UN-GO

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

UN-GO

Title: UN-GO
    Episodes: 11
    Genres: Mystery
    Production: Bones

Quote Quote:
    "UN-GO" is a full-fledged detective story about a detective and handsome boy combo who tackle the world's most difficult crimes together for reasons of their own. The profession of private detective fell out of favor long ago, and yet, that's how the young man, Shinjurou Yuuki identifies himself. With his superior deductive powers, Shinjurou solves various challenging cases. Meanwhile, Inga, an attractive young lad, serves as Shinjurou's "buddy". But contrary to his cute looks, he's a sharp, arrogant rogue. Why Inga sticks with Shinjurou is as yet unknown. The setting of the story is a postwar, future Tokyo that still bears the scars of war. Ruling the land is Media King Rinroku Kaishou, who through politics and industry has the communications infrastructure under his thumb. Kaishou has used a clear head and the massive amount of information at his fingertips to lead to the solution of a great number of cases. But there's an underside to Kaishou's brilliant deduction work, which is that Shinjurou Yuuki, "the Last Great Detective", is the one who actually uncovered "the truth" in those cases. However, the public doesn't know this and thus refers to Shinjurou as the "Defeated Detective". Still, Shinjurou, together with Inga, can't help but search for the truth.
    Japanese staff:
    Spoiler show

Japanese cast:
    Spoiler show

Opening theme: How to Go - School Food Punishment
    Ending theme: Fantasy - Lama

Source: MAL

Thoughts:
    Easily one of my most anticipated anime of the month and it didn't let me down.
    Episode 1 started off in a weird way and a little..confusing but as the episode moves on, it gets better as everything connects together.
    In a mystery show or any mystery story, the reader/audience is suppose to be the detective and the reader is suppose to guess whoever the real culprit is before the detective in the story does, that is when the reader wins.
    Although I was right on the wife being the culprit, I didn't manage to guess the "how" it happened so I guess I wasn't a complete winner.
    That aside, I thought it was really smart with the little clues here and there if close attention is being paid.

A smart episode one is what I call it. I hope it keeps it up, the main character is cool and composed as expected of a pro and his assistant is an interesting guy too with the..alter-ego woman I didn't see the need for the woman nor the over the top effects when the wife confess but I guess the audience likes flashy stuffs.
    Decent animation as expected from bones and great opening by SFP.

How long has it been since I watched a good detective anime? I hope Un-Go don't let me down in the future episodes.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: UN-GO

Well I thought that the first episode was good, nothing outstanding but good. I wonder if there will be some kind of supernatural theme, seeing how his assistant is able to transform.
    The wife being the culprit was relatively obvious but I was wrong about how she had done it too.
    I'm not completely sold on the series yet but the first episode was interesting enough to make me watch further.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the producer a vocaloid and 2ch-ner ?
    Anyway, an average episode. I know people are complaining that it was too rushed but it was okay imo.
    Haters..gottaaa haaateeeee.

It was fast but fast enough.
    But seriously, the supernatural element is such a turnoff for me. The "whydunit" should be part
    of the whole setup, not tossed in. However, Inga is interesting and so is his/her relationship with Shinjuro .

I feel for Shinjuro tho, at that moment he hesitated (although he knows the truth) before confronting the singing girl in which Inga
    noticed and slapped her. I know, the truth hurts. He's..tears? that's..rare for a male lead. What's their backstory now?

This episode is better than the last because I was wrong..again.

Although everything can be deduced with the clues throughout the episode.

It was obvious the girl is the culprit when they were listening to the song but I never thought that the old guy with the specs is involved and how it's such a big conspiracy and they actually killed an innocent person to save their face.
    The detective can't unmask her or tell the truth..because of the implications. Imagine people realizing that back then everything was a lie/set-up,
    they'll lose all their trust in the government. I still think she deserves to be arrested, murder is murder no matter how much you justify it.
    But yeah..the mother thing, that's rather terrible. Surely her mother is all about money and all
    still, she indirectly killed the other guy.

Un-go has more than this to it but the pacing isn't perfect so I hope they improve on it.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Is the producer a vocaloid and 2ch-ner ?
    Anyway, an average episode. I know people are complaining that it was too rushed but it was okay imo.
    Haters..gottaaa haaateeeee.

It was fast but fast enough.
    But seriously, the supernatural element is such a turnoff for me. The "whydunit" should be part
    of the whole setup, not tossed in. However, Inga is interesting and so is his/her relationship with Shinjuro .

I feel for Shinjuro tho, at that moment he hesitated (although he knows the truth) before confronting the singing girl in which Inga
    noticed and slapped her. I know, the truth hurts. He's..tears? that's..rare for a male lead. What's their backstory now?

This episode is better than the last because I was wrong..again.

Although everything can be deduced with the clues throughout the episode.

It was obvious the girl is the culprit when they were listening to the song but I never thought that the old guy with the specs is involved and how it's such a big conspiracy and they actually killed an innocent person to save their face.
    The detective can't unmask her or tell the truth..because of the implications. Imagine people realizing that back then everything was a lie/set-up,
    they'll lose all their trust in the government. I still think she deserves to be arrested, murder is murder no matter how much you justify it.
    But yeah..the mother thing, that's rather terrible. Surely her mother is all about money and all
    still, she indirectly killed the other guy.

Un-go has more than this to it but the pacing isn't perfect so I hope they improve on it.
    well I agree, the ep was rather average but I liked the conclusion, didn't expect a conspiracy the whole case was way bigger than I thought but I kinda dislike that the girl is getting away with it. Still there's nothing that can be done about it, if word would get out the government would get in trouble. I like that the case was connected to something more big and I'm looking forward to see if there will be more secrets discovered.
    Inga is one of the strong points of the series, so far I thought the cases were neither difficult nor really interesting but her connection with Shinjurou is something that makes me curious.

I have no problem with the supernatural theme, makes things more interesting and distinguish it from other detectiv stories. If I look back at the start of the first ep it looks like Inga "revived" Shinjurou for a specific reason and she expects something from him. Like Zel I hope future episodes will improve but so far it's not bad either.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 22, 2011 at 09:27 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3 and 4 involves one case and I thought its brilliant. The true mastermind behind all of it, the conspiracy, and the sexual desires thingy.
    There was also a deep speech at the end between Shinjuro and the Sasa Kazashi(or something).
    If anyone thinking that episode 1 and 2 are boring, episode 3 and 4 are certainly not.
    It ended well and had an intriguing mystery behind it.
    And lol at the molesting scene <_<

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Episode 3 and 4 involves one case and I thought its brilliant. The true mastermind behind all of it, the conspiracy, and the sexual desires thingy.
    There was also a deep speech at the end between Shinjuro and the Sasa Kazashi(or something).
    If anyone thinking that episode 1 and 2 are boring, episode 3 and 4 are certainly not.
    It ended well and had an intriguing mystery behind it.
    And lol at the molesting scene <_<
    I gotta agree Zel, the last two episodes were a vast improvement to the first two. Liked this first long case, the whole RAI case was fairly interesting and I liked that it had a rather dark theme to it.. When the puppy wanted to "pleasure" Shinjuuro... I'm a lot more sold on this series now, definitely going to continue.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Genesis's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Rai becomes a permanent character in that girl body.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone watched the prequel movie? I have to say it was pretty good, probably enjoyed it more than the anime. The whole backstory was really interesting and even though part of the mystery was already clear (because of the sequel) I could feel the suspense about quite a few things like how Shinjuro became how he is - and it turned out better than I expected.

New Reply