Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rinnegan By far

41 77.36%
  • Sharingan By far

0 0%
  • They are both the same

1 1.89%
  • Rinnegan by a little bit.

6 11.32%
  • Sharingan by a little bit.

1 1.89%
  • It depends on the user.

6 11.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner YoungAce's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

Personally I reckon that the rinnegan is stronger due to the fact that the first Ninja in the Naruto universe had the rinnegan.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

No one can say that Sharingan is better because I mean just look at all the facts.
    The Name is Ace-Kun, now let's party.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

I agree with you,not even the EMS should be as strong as the rinnegan. but how the heck could you open a thread like this in this section???? XD

Moved to Toshokan ~igotthegoods
    Last edited by igotthegoods; October 16, 2011 at 07:12 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

well, seeing as the rinnengan lets the user use any jutsu, i'd have to go with the rinnengan.
    it also seems to allow the user to see chakra,
    it allows the user to tell when the opponent is going to use a move (such as when Nagato sensed Itachi preparing to use Ametarasu before he actually cast it)
    it allows the user to share his sight with his summons

Now ignoring the debate about anti-genjutsu - as arguing for/against would be silly with the limited evidence for both sides (Jiraiya did manage to catch Nagato's summons in an auditory genjutsu (does it make a difference what kind? And do the summons have less resistance to genjutsu then Nagato? was Nagato even caught under the frog song, or were only his three summons caught?), but then on the other side, Itachi (the master of genjutsu - who has used genjutsu against his enemies in almost every fight he has been shown to have - didn't even attempt to cast a genjutsu on Nagato (did he know it wouldn't work? didn't feel the need to cast genjtusu on Nagato (somewhat suspicious behavior?)? didn't have the chance to cast genjutsu on Nagato?)

Now it is unsure if the "use any jutsu" accounts for kekkei genkai jutsu's also. However, even if it doesn't, I personally feel that the rinnengan specific moves are stronger than the MS moves currently shown.
    Infinite RAGE!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

In terms of doujutsu itself, Rin'negan is by far superior. It allows one to asspull jutsu in a way that Sasuke's hawk summoning is nothing, it allows one to use any jutsu he or she wants, and it gives them more than one point of view vision if any other body or summons have Rin'negan as well. Sharingan's ability to copy jutsu is good and all, but it's limited while Rin'negan can allow someone to use any jutsu for any element.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinnegan, easily. It lets a ninja use far more destructive and hax jutsu for FAR less of a cost.

Amaterasu: bleeding eyes, eye pain, huge chakra cost
    Tsukuyomi: bleeding eyes, eye pain, huge chakra cost
    Susanoo: cells feel like they're on fire, bleeding eyes, eye pain, huge chakra cost
    Kotoamatsukami: 10 year cool down period
    Kamui: huge chakra cost

All of these also lead to blindness. And the price paid to get MS in the first place is also dire.

For the Rinnegan, however, we have...

Shinra Tensei: nothing, 5 second cooldown
    Banshou Tenin: nothing, supposedly 5 second cooldown
    Chibaku Tensei: huge chakra cost
    Human Realm power: nothing
    Hungry Ghost Realm power: nothing
    Hell Realm power: nothing
    Animal Realm power: likely determined by size of summon... so I guess this one has a pretty big cost

No blindness comes from using it, and from what we've seen, all it takes to awaken the Rinnegan is to be scared shitless, lol. Alot cheaper than murdering your most beloved friend, huh?

In closing, you get TONS more mileage out of a Rinnegan than you do with a Sharingan because petty things like balance and rules don't get in the way.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi said once to Zetsu that Sasuke can get even stronger than Nagato but he will be useless for them if they cant control him.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-458-17...apter-453.html
    I think that they already wanted Sasuke to get EMS.
    For me its statement that EMS > Rinnegan

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Him saying that doesnt give the slightest hint as to how the EMS is better than the Rinnegan. Its more about the peoples skills than the actual Doujutsu's
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

rinnegan.
    absorbs ninjutsu + taijutsu.
    summons + shared vision.
    jedi skills.
    creating genkidama with earth.
    all elements.
    eat souls.
    revive people.

maybe one weakpoint: nothing against genjutsu.

'nuff said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner YoungAce's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Well sorry i forgot that i was in the general discussion thread but next time i will put it on naruto, sasuke could never get better than nagato, cuz if it werent for itachi naruto and bee would have gotten their backsides handed to them.
    The Name is Ace-Kun, now let's party.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Tobi said once to Zetsu that Sasuke can get even stronger than Nagato but he will be useless for them if they cant control him.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-458-17...apter-453.html
    I think that they already wanted Sasuke to get EMS.
    For me its statement that EMS > Rinnegan
    EMS is godly in it's own right but the Rinnegan is far more powerful. It just so happens that when you take away the doujutsu from Sasuke and Nagato, Sasuke is lightyears beyond Nagato in terms of skill, speed and intelligence.

Saying that, the user makes the weapon. Afterall, "a master with a rock can defeat a novice with a kunai" - Zetsu
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Toby ment that Sasuke can be more overally dangerous than Nagato with his Rennegan. For me it was point of what he said.. But maby I get that wrong.
    I agree that Nagato with normal eyes would be probably nothing compared to Sasuke without Sharingan.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

We can't really know what Nagato's true skill without the Rin'negan because it immediately puts it to the max.

The only real aspect of skill we can take from Nagato is the fact he controlled 6 bodies at once against a whole ninja village, losing one in the process, which to me is shows a level of coordination and reflexes beyond anything shown in the manga so far: imagine playing six FPS at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    EMS is godly in it's own right but the Rinnegan is far more powerful. It just so happens that when you take away the doujutsu from Sasuke and Nagato, Sasuke is lightyears beyond Nagato in terms of skill, speed and intelligence.

Saying that, the user makes the weapon. Afterall, "a master with a rock can defeat a novice with a kunai" - Zetsu
    Not true. You and anyone else (including me) have NO idea what Nagato would be without his Rinnegan because that simply doesn't exist in the Narutoverse. Take away Itachi and Sasuke's Sharigan and they are below Kakashi because they both rely heavily on it. But why would I do that? They both have it and have mastered it, so it's their tool to use much like their hands and feet.

"Sasuke is lightyears beyond Nagato in terms of skill, speed and intelligence"

I dunno man, someone who has the capacity to consciously control six bodies and numerous summons (seeing through all their eyes) simultaneously... then add that to the tactical advantage; 'Pain'.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz
    I dunno man, someone who has the capacity to consciously control six bodies and numerous summons (seeing through all their eyes) simultaneously... then add that to the tactical advantage; 'Pain'.

Except that's an ability that comes directly from the Rinnegan aswell, so that can't be attributed to Nagato either. Nagato has no feats that can be attributed to his own strength or skill as opposed to his doujutsu, where as Sasuke and Kakashi actually do. As for being beneath Kakashi without Sharingan, the elements of battle where Sasuke has surpassed Kakashi don't have anything to do with the Sharingan. His Raiton control is more vast, his stamina and strength is greater, his speed is borderline equal if not flat out faster, and his strategizing, while not as good, is nothing short of genius.

Plus if we're taking Sharingan from people, then Kakashi's whole namesake would be stripped from him. He wouldn't be copy-ninja Kakashi, man of 1000 jutsu without that eye. Instead he'd just be another run-of-the-mill Jounin, so I don't know if it's a smart idea to...

LOL, nevermind. This kind of thing is what the arena threads are made for. *makes the thread*

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Except that's an ability that comes directly from the Rinnegan aswell, so that can't be attributed to Nagato either.
    I am sorry, but I can not agree with this statement.
    Let's take a MS ability as an example. How about Tsukyomi (sp?)? This is an ability that comes directly from the MS. However, there is a massive difference between when Itachi or Sasuke use it. As there was no one else except Nagato who had the rinnengan, there was no one we could compare him with. Therefore his skill in using the 6 paths may have been much higher than someone else using them.

Also Nagato has used many techniques outside of his Rinnengan, as well as displaying very impressive speed and (in his fight against Nagato, Bee and Itachi) foresight.
    Infinite RAGE!

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast