Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rinnegan By far

    41 77.36%
  • Sharingan By far

    0 0%
  • They are both the same

    1 1.89%
  • Rinnegan by a little bit.

    6 11.32%
  • Sharingan by a little bit.

    1 1.89%
  • It depends on the user.

    6 11.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91

Thread: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

  1. #76
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LDN
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    LOL, I told you I didn't say someone said it. I said someone will. Feel free to double check the post you quoted from me. Again. I hate to argue semantics, but when you're seeing messages in my posts that I never said, I gotta clarify.
    You could argue semantics if you want but the fact still remains; up until the the last post of this thread no one has stated that "Nagato's Rinnegan as proof that he's a better ninja than Sasuke, Kakashi, Itachi, or anyone else with a doujutsu".

    Whether you're saying someone has said or not, you still hold the belief that someone will. I'm just here to tell you that so far, no one has so your point is moot.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Not after multiple posts have been made to try to paint me as some badguy deliberately trying to nerf Nagato for the sake of belittling him. You knew what my posts were meant for from the beginning, yet still implied I'm only posting inorder to bolster Sasuke's status in the manga, and belittle Nagato's. Despite the fact that I was taking away BOTH ninja's doujutsu in the interest of fairness. You only get to make implications 2 or 3 times before I start using colorful language. It's a rule I placed on myself as a service to the forum community, in the interest of fairness. Sounded like a better idea in my head.

    My point is, no one cares that it's his to use, because whether it's his or not, it doesn't change whether he exploits it and can't fight without it, or whether he's a well rounded ninja that doesn't have to rely on his doujutsu to be effective in battle. No one cares, just like no one cares that Sasuke's Sharingan is his (or else they wouldn't claim he's nothing without his Sharingan, they'd concede that it's his tool to use and wouldn't feel the need to nerf him). Once again, I site tobeulp's posts. You may not believe otherwise, but the beauty of my posts is that they're not meant for you alone and thus shouldn't be replied to as if they are. Well, except the whole crying about nerfing part. If I wasn't nerfing Sasuke aswell I could understand your sceptism. But I did, so I don't. Which is why I called it crying. If I'm wrong, then oops.
    For someone who talks about someone else crying, you sure as hell play the 'I'm a victim' card pretty well. You're vilifying yourself, it's not that serious. All I'm saying is that your posts come across as, "rawr, you wanna say Sasuke is nothing without his Sharigan? Fine! I'm gonna take away Nagato's Rinnegan and show you that Sasuke is the better shinobi in comparison". Yea, YOU may not care that Nagato's Rinnegan is his but a number of people do, just like a number of people care that Sasuke and Itachi's Sharigan is theirs. I've already made that clear in this thread.

    Yes, I'm sure you're doing this "as a service to the forum community" but it doesn't come across fair from where I'm standing. If that isn't using one to bolster the other, then lordy.

    But hey, that isn't my argument. It's that that comparison kinda flops because Nagato doesn't really have anything to show without his Rinnegan, except his Uzumaki heritage, strong, high quality chakras, and presumed rich life force and longevity.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    ^See what I mean? You don't get the luxury of kiddy gloves when you start making accusations. And yeah, I know he doesn't have the feats. That's what I meant by it's rhetorical when I ask them to prove that he's an exceptional ninja without the Rinnegan. At that point posters are supposed to come to the conclusion themselves: "Well, I can't prove it. I guess if I wanna nerf Sasuke to prove his worth I gotta do the same with Nagato. But since I can't, I better just let it go."
    Nope, not accusations to me, it seemed pretty clear to me what you were doing. If not, oops. Again, I hate repeating myself but Nagato can't be proven to be an exceptional ninja without the Rinnegan because, well, he hasn't been shown without it. At all. On the other hand, we've SEEN what Sasuke and Kakashi can do without the Sharigan, and they've been touted as geniuses since way before.

    So why would I agree with that quote? No. That's just YOUR ideal way of how the debate should go.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    So yeah. There you go. I don't think I can explain any better why the need to compare doujutsu-less versions of Sasuke, Kakashi, and Nagato to explain the difference between being a good ninja, and being a ninja with a doujutsu that makes you good. If my posts are only gonna be misconstrued as a malicious vendetta, then there's no reason to keep posting here.
    Again, you're not this so-called villain and you're posts aren't being "misconstrued as a malicious vendetta", they're just being replied to. If anything, blame your own defense mechanism that makes you use "colourful language".

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    You only get to make implications 2 or 3 times before I start using colorful language. It's a rule I placed on myself
    Right.

  2. #77
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member feanaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    well, okay I am a bit bored waiting for the next chapter, which might be the reason for me posting in here, nevertheless this whole discussion seems a bit one sided:P

    And I personally tend to believe that by now (and that is what i want to stress: by now) sharingan the better doujutsu.

    what do we have(naming basic techniques):
    Sharingan has a chakra cloak known as susanoo(attack and defense), genjutsu called tsukyomi, and increased perception of taijutsu coupled with the ability to copy it(and this is not Sasuke's genius working there).
    Izanagi (at least usable once, but then you do not have 3D-vision :P )
    amaterasu all in all is not that great(too many can evade it right now, including raikage jiraiya and all the main characters).

    Rinnegan has push and pull(godly but there is the time intervall), close combat advantages (pulling the soul out and absorbing chakrabased attacks, chakrarods that disturb the opponent flow, greater field of vision), and missiles for everything
    Izanagi is not used even once by a rinnegan user! I mean basically any ability used by the rinnengan can be called izanagi, or is there something else? tell me what!
    reviving is not usefull in combat, I mean it's not that bad, and I am not taking into account that you can controll multiple bodies, because this needs preparation time.

    Summary: Rinnegan wins the close combat, no question there, but a sharingan user would not let himself be pulled (-.-) into a close combat fight. So forget about that.
    The question is who wins in middle range. missiles cannot overcome susanoo. amaterasu and any ninjutsu is too weak for absorbing abilities. draw.
    Sharingan user would aim for a genjutsu, not that bad against a rinnegan (jiraiya nearly did it, and sharingan does not take that long to cast an illusion)
    have I forgotten anything?

    therefore against each other sharingan has a slight advantage. imho
    feel free to contradict me
    Last edited by feanaro; October 25, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

  3. #78
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Chibaku tensei is a long range jutsu that is superior to Susano'o, and Gedo Mazo is, well, a instant ticket to ownstomping your enemy if it has bijuu chakra in it.

    Also, the frog song genjutsu is probably more powerful than Tsukuyomi if it hits, as it paralyzes your nerves, making it impossible for you to break out of it, so no wonder Nagato couldn't get out of it, even Itachi wouldn't be able if it hit him.

    Rinnegan also gives access to the dog summon, which is almost unbeatable, the chameleon and the six paths of pain, which is a godly jutsu.

    This is of course, disrearding the fact that Rinnegan also possesses Susano'o, amaterasu and tsukuyomi, as it is the next step after EMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  4. #79
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member feanaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    chibaku tensei is not unbeatable, and it uses up an immense amount of chakra. (an izanagi would safe you, though a normal powerfull attack should be enough)

    regarding the summons, the dogs are nasty but not that difficult to deal with, you just shouldn't cut them, as I said before 6 paths of pain need time to be prepaired, i mean you need bodies rods and so on. that's why you cannot take them into account. otherwise a sharingan user would be able to prepare some additional eyes and spam izanagi...
    gedo mazo is strong that's right and something I haven't thought of. On the other hand shikamaru (pretimeskip) had to deal with something similar (those summons who could pull out your soul if touched), which is why i won't regard it as a major thread. bijuu chakra is not usable (again preparation time, also, a sharingan user can controll the kyubi but you have to limit them to power they have on their own). And Susanoo seems like a good and proportional counter.

    every illusion shown in the manga leaves you powerless and unable to move, come on you cannot argue that frog illusion is better than a full tsukyomi, which controlls time perception
    and there is still kotoamatsukami which simply is a one hit KO as well
    but even small illusions can decide a fight (see danzou vs.sasuke)

    if rinnegan can use susanoo and every other jutsu why do you think tobi has both the sharingan and the rinnegan? the two are different nevertheless, unless it is stated otherwise

    still sharingan wins (and a crucial example would be the itachi vs nagato, though even naruto was able to defeat nagato)
    Last edited by feanaro; October 26, 2011 at 07:28 AM.

  5. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Rinnegan has more power, but usually the chicks go more for the Sharingan, which is also an advantage that shouldn't be discounted.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #81
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Munboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    England
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    I would say Rinnegan.

    The general atmosphere around the Rinnegan gives it that Godly feel whilst the Sharingan gives you that superhuman feel.
    Then you get that the Rinnegan has control over life and death, greater than the Sharingan, and also can open the user to infinite depths of power -- the jutsu creation potential -- but most importantly it is the final state the Sharingan can reach upon gaining Senju cells => by that merit the Rinnegan is doutblessly superior to all the Sharingan variants in the same manner that the Mangekyou Sharingan is superior to the three tomoe Sharingan.

  8. #82
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Using Itachi vs. Nagato as an example to show SHaringan's superiority is unfair in my opinion as both were Edo Tensei, Nagato wasn't supposed to attack Edo Tensei adn thus didn't pay attention to Itachi, he was under Kabuto's full control, and Naruto and Bee were the focus instead of Itachi. Basically, Kishi made Nagato look very strong without weakening him when Itachi sealed him.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  9. #83
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Using Itachi vs. Nagato as an example to show SHaringan's superiority is unfair in my opinion as both were Edo Tensei, Nagato wasn't supposed to attack Edo Tensei adn thus didn't pay attention to Itachi, he was under Kabuto's full control, and Naruto and Bee were the focus instead of Itachi. Basically, Kishi made Nagato look very strong without weakening him when Itachi sealed him.
    Also, Nagato knew what Itachi was going to do , and if he had time to talk, why didn't he counter his surprise amaterasu? Makes no sense: he must've had time to use ST or chakra absorption shield if he could talk no?

    Same thing with Gaara's father not using his gold dust to free himself from Gaara's jutsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  10. #84
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Rinnegan or Sharingan huh? Well from what I've seen definitely Rinnegan it's epitome of Dojutsus the father of them all...Even if Kishimoto has cleared up the uses for the Rinnegan I would say it does pretty much what the does Sharingan does and more....The Six paths of the Rinnegan alone are life and death techniques they shouldn't even be called ninjutsus

    1. unlimited chakra absorbtion
    2. Mind rape read then soul grab (cmon wtf)
    3. Conditional soul stealer (more Wtf you can't lie to dude or u lose ya soul)
    4. To revive people from short term death
    5. Shinra Tensei
    6. Summons
    7. Gedo Mazo Ultimate summon

    Rinnegan wins but imo the Sharingan really shouldn't be so strong and the evolution into Rinnegan is so gay...There's a tribe of people who could become the Rikkudo thats just dumb...Kishi should have left it as the ultimate eye mutation that just randomly picks a a heir to Rkkudo

  11. #85
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Rinnengan or Sharingan???

    It's like asking Kyuubi mode or Sage mode??

    We all know Sage mode and Sharingan has some advantages over the other two, but when it's all said and done, rinnengan and Kyuubi mode has no equals.
    Besides, Sasuke and Naruoto are being set up to use all of these over whelming powers at once. Combing Sage and Kyuubi mode, and EMS evolving to Rinnengan... What beasts are in the making !

  12. #86
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Masterpice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Tobi said once to Zetsu that Sasuke can get even stronger than Nagato but he will be useless for them if they cant control him.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-458-17...apter-453.html
    I think that they already wanted Sasuke to get EMS.
    For me its statement that EMS > Rinnegan
    Maybe 6 paths of Pein because of the cooldown etc. But Nagato as he was when he fought Bee, Naruto and Itachi would tear Sasuke apart...EMS or not. One touch from "human path" and sasuke is as useless as during his fight with Bee.
    Last edited by Masterpice; January 06, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Sorry for grammar mistakes.

  13. #87
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Re:Nagato's mobility. That has nothing to do with Rinnegan vs Sharingan.

    Kabuto outright states that Nagato "still wasn't moving well" and that it prevented him from avoiding the attack from Susano'o. I'd guess that this is a result of his fighting instincts / reflexes being dulled after spending years in that contraption.

    Nagato was also somewhat hampered in that he lacked one of the Rinnegan's abilities, as he was no longer synchronized with the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path. If Tobi hadn't already been controlling it for his own purposes, Nagato could possibly have summoned it to counter Itachi's Susanoo.


    The fact that Rinnegan is an evolution of the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan seems proof to me that it's the more powerful out of the two, and if properly wielded, likely has access to all of the abilities of its lower forms (as seen with Madara continuuing to use his Susano'o after activating his Rinnegan).

    Nagato seems to have either been born with the Rinnegan directly, or had it transplanted into his body, so for whatever reason he may or may not have been able to access the lower tier powers (sharingan), or perhaps he had access but was never trained to activate them, or otherwise chose not to use them.

  14. #88
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    I agree Rinnegan is superior to sharingan being how it was an evolution from the EMS. I mean Masada was still able to do sussano even with the Rinnegan active, so it's a good chance all other sharingan moves are still active. And look at it his way, the sage of six paths had a Rinnegan an his offsprings had ended up getting sharingans since the blood line was watered down so much. It pretty much proven fact that the Rinnegan is the god father of all eyes, it just depends on the user on how powerful it is


  15. #89
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    It was nicely pictured in manga. If Madara did not have the sharingan, he would be dead by now. He was losing against Gaara, Naruto, Oonoki and others, so he had to pull out bigger gun. Rinnegan is by far stronger than sharingan.

  16. #90
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Munboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    England
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is Superior Rinnegan Or Sharingan

    Rinnegan, there is a reason why Uchiha Madara tried to get that eye.

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts