Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: kenichi's ki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

kenichi's ki

It seems that Kenichi is unique with his ki he is a Sei user but has dou treats does this mean that in theory, Kenichi will have a technique to use both that doesn't hurt him in any way.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: kenichi's ki

I realy hope not.
    Kenichi should not be special due his ki or his lineage or some_other_wierd_stuff, this manga is good as long as Kenichi stays an ordinary guy with strong beliefs and unshattered will to protect them.
    This manga dont need another sharingan,bankai and etc hax race.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Agreed. The main theme of HSDK is that effort surpasses talent. Kenichi should just surpass other "special" people through hard work.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a point but honestly kenichi is not ordinary. There is something special about him but no one in 2 years can surpass talented people that have trained all there life. I agree hard work can surpass talent but an ordinary man can not do this even with teachers as insane as his. This is why I think kenichi has strange ki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mars0103 View Post
    You have a point but honestly kenichi is not ordinary. There is something special about him but no one in 2 years can surpass talented people that have trained all there life. I agree hard work can surpass talent but an ordinary man can not do this even with teachers as insane as his. This is why I think kenichi has strange ki.
    Indeed. But thats mostly because his growth rate and speed is extraordinary not his Ki.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ki is the power of everything so his ability to learn is apart of that.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi's ki has been shown to be quite remarkable at times. Remember the time that eclair guy confused kenichi's ki with sakaki's? Ki is basically an expression of the strength behind a martial artist. There is no such thing as a strong martial artist without a strong ki or a character with strong ki but weak martial artist. Heck, we have seen recently that increases in ki directly translated to stronger physical strength, speed and even techniques.

As far as kenichi having two kis, I doubt it. The issue with using two different kis at the same time is the friction between them which erodes the mind and body. There is nothing in the manga which suggests kenichi is somehow an exception to this rule. Kenichi has shown at times exceptionally strong ki however that in itself is not an indication that he would be immune to the effect of seidogyo.

As for the main theme of the manga, I would argue that it is that even if you have little innate talent you can break your limits if one of your masters is impossibly perfect and designs plans to remodel you to the very core, another one is also an impossibly perfect doctor capable of resurrecting people who has mastered all thing esoteric which in fact work and then you are trained by 3 other masters who stand at the top of their respective martial arts and are also very skilled at passing on techniques.

New Reply