Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ranking the One Shadow, Nine Fists in terms of POWER

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking the One Shadow, Nine Fists in terms of POWER

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    I think Saiga and Kensei are the strongest. Jenahad well..do not want to spoilers since I am not familiar with the rules around here so much..but just saying he is not that strong anymore..The chic is strong but I am sceptical how strong in a long fight..

Kensei has an aura of mystery..I think he will improve during the series to rival Saiga.

And Saiga needs no explanation.
    That's ridiculous Jenezad's loss to Akira proves nothing he only lost because the plot demanded it. Make no mistake Jenezad is very strong.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though Jenazaad lost to Akira it doesn't say anything as it was an obvious asspull for author to show Akira as he obviously has bigger fandom than Jenazaad. Also at some point Jenazaad managed to fight equally both Sakaki and Akira, so I do believe it was mostly plot indused looth.

If we are talking about those who currently are the strongest among One Shadow Nine Fists, then it's obvious that Saiga is the strongest. He is the son of Furinji Hayato - invincible Superhuman, thus I believe he knows quite few of his famous techs, so it won't be easy for his opponents to challenge him and I believe he might have been like Kenichi in sense that he wasn't only learning one martial art, but several, so I think he might know Karate, Jiujitsu and other arts to some extent...
    Then he is folloew by Mikume. She is from Elder's generation and seems to be damn strong and experienced. Also I would like to put here my theory... we know that she was at some point Elder's lover, but then something changed their relationship... well I predict that she might be Saiga's mother!
    Then I would say that Ethan's teacher and Ma's brother seem to be in more or less the same league along with Akira.
    And the "weakest: (of course we can't use this word to speak about Super Masters, but still) is Ogata Ishinsai. He seems to be the youngest one and seems to have less experience and fighting capabilities, but I believe he might be among the wisest and the trickiest one and in the last department he might be only second to Mikumo. She is really a frightening person.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I agree with all your points except the last one. I think the Saint Fist is probably the strongest master after the super masters of OSNF (One shadow, bewitching fist, demon fist, and perhaps the old guy with the beard). I don't it's fair to assume he's the weakest because of his youth and fighting experience. Take Shigure for instance she's only 22 or 23, but yet she's proved numerous times she's strong enough to hold her own against the masters of the ONSF. The youth and experience factor does not weigh in heavily here. As for his fighting capabilities? Well, we've yet to see him fight seriously, so it wouldn't be wise to infer his fighting abilities are inferior to the other members of the OSNF until he fights one from Ryozanpaku in a death match. I rate his power highly purely off hype and his current credentials. He's a powerful master well versed in different martial arts, an excellent teacher/disciple raiser, and he killed one of Ryozanpaku's late masters Kai Midou. A very impressive resume to me.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that we shouldn't downgrade him, but we shouldn't overstimate him as well. The guy is a beast. It's obvious as he is a Super Master as well as the others from One Shadow Nine Fists and Ryozanpaku. The thing is that we barely seen him fighting and also I wouldn't compare his case with Shigure as she is a weapon user and it's a bit easier for her, cause to become strong with a weapon is a bit easier than become strong without it. Also she was in the world of Martial Arts from her childhodd and was blessed with skill from her birth as well and trained from her early childhood. Not that many people do these things.
    And about killing one of Ryozanpaku Masters... Well, he killed him, but we don't know the circumstances and we don't know how the fight was held. Also that guy was a disciple at the same time as Kensei, cause they were both learning Kazou Nukite from Elder as it seems, so they should be at least more or less equal in terms of overall strength.

So, let's see how strong Ogata is. Hope he fights soon. Though I hope that not sooner than Kenichi defeats Lugh and Berserker.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, from the OSNF kensei is a master from whom we should actually expect quite the brutal techniques. The guy makes a point to experiment on martial arts on others meaning that he has the benefit of taking advantage of the benefits of his experiments. The fact that he could potentially use sie do gyo is to be feared taking in consideration his sheer volume of ki. Not sure how reliable the wiki page on kensei is but it says he is in his mid thirties even though it would make more sense if he was at about apachai's or sakaki's age or perhaps slightly younger. Taking in consideration what the plot around him entails it is extremely likely ogata will end up being defeated by akisame so he can't really be among the weaker OSNF members.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My rankings:
    1/ Saiga: One Shadow
    2/ Mikumi/ Brahman: Bewitching fist/ Fist of Brahman
    3/ Jenazad: Demon fist God
    4/ Hongou/ Agaard/Ma sougetsu: God hand/ Sovereign of Fist/ Fierce god fist
    5/ Ogata: Saint fist
    6/ Diego: Laughing fist
    7/ Gaidar: Fist of Destruction

Seriously, you people are underestimating Sougetsu, Brahman and Agaard too much. Sougetsu fought Ma when he was in his weak state ( for not training for a long time) and considering how he care deeply for Ma so much ( according to Hermit) he probably didnt fight at full strength at that time

It's just my wild guess on Brahman part but he seems to be the only one Mikumi ( Bewitching fist) talk with respectful tone. Notice how she talked down to Jenazad?

Along with Hongou, Agaard is the only one who came to a draw in a match with a Ryouzanpaku master. He's also the only who literally killed one from Ryouzapaku. I dont see him anywhere below Hongou.

Ogata definitely would climb up the rankings since he's training to be much stronger but for now, he think that position fits him the most

Diego had a good go against MA Kensei. It is undeniable. The small body of Ma actually give him quite an advantage against Diego's style

Gaidar definitely stands at the bottom. He did really well in his first match against Akisame though.
    Last edited by logant; November 05, 2012 at 08:48 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I agree with your list for the most part except for the positions Ogata and Ma.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an Martial Arts Manga with limited weapon battles mostly Fist vs Weapons. So to gauge the Master of OSNF in terms of strength who's stronger this can easily change and be debatable through conditions. Like Akira and Saki these matches can easily be over turned on different encounters. One Shadow is the Superman's son and the leader of the group it's easy to say he's at the top despite the other master's age and experience, He most likely possess uncanny skills and technique's that would trump their experience.

1.Bewitching Fist and 2.Demon Fist God most would agree have been commented on by the Elder. Elder fought Demon Fist God and didn't win and he use to run with the Bewitching Fist so they both stand at the top under Saiga.

Braham I don't know bout this guy Sakki owned him too much in that short span but they were on a helicopter and I'm sure this is going to be retcon soon but he doesn't have much going besides he old and uses a fierce martial arts, and then you have Ma-bro who was always part of the OSNF but slacked off for years and was defeated pretty easy by his bro. 3Fierce God Fist is gonna get his groove back definitely. 4 Fist of Braham he's gonna get a chance to show his stuff and Sakki didn't rlly win that fight.

5 Saint Fist and God Hand.....Ogata has trained with Ryozanpaku under the elder and doesn't seem to be able to compete with the top brass of OSNF but he's just as tricky as the Bewitching Fist and learned to mix Sei&dou ki plus other experimental technique's. That plus his mixed training at Royzanpaku makes him formidable. I actually think 6God Fist,Saint fist and 7Sovereign Fist can be interchangeable. They are all young experienced, powerful, and can raise GREAT Discicples. Ogata raises them fast,Akira explains everything thoroughly and 7Aagard makes his disciple strong within their hearts. But I say they are all the closes in terms of skill and power among the OSNF....I'm betting everything on Ma reason why I ranked him so high but he would fit into 5-7 from what was shown so far..Meaning Braham would be ranked lower to..

8Fist of Destruction,Gaidar. He's good really good but I don't see him beating Master's like Aagard or God Fist Akira. I actually think Aagard would dispose of him more efficiently than God Fist would be able to. 9 Laughing Fist,Diego. Yea I don't see how he isn't on the bottom of the list, he has a good defense but he can't take every attack and if he does there's still damage done. He simply belongs on the Bottom.

Now we shouldn't rank these Master's as to how well they fared against other Super Masters of Royzanpaku because they each use different style which have advantages over others and some older,and more experienced Master's would have fared better. But from 5-7 I believe are the most interchangeable as they each Imo could pull a win over each other. None of these master's would fight each other without both of them getting hurt pretty badly, except for the top 3 who would simply gain minor injuries. Also AKira,Ogata and Braham throw this list in disarray because God fist has the hype of beating Demon god fist (plot induced), Ogata been trained by Elder and Royzanpaku, and Braham has seniority and the most hype but got treated like a punching bag by his hair..So Yea this is my ranking

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprised to find out I haven't made my say in this thread. Anyway, here's my take:

High Tier:

1. One Shadow Fuurinji Saiga
    2. Kushinada Mikumo
    3. Silcardo Jenazad

I think there is a general consensus about these three here, so no real reason for explanation.

Mid Tier:

4. God Hand Akira Hongo
    5. Agaard Jum Sai
    6. Kensei Oogata Ishinsai
    7. Ma Sougetsu

Hongou and Agaard are almost identical in power imo, comparable to their rivals Sakaki and Apachai, who are also considered equals. Hongou might have gotten ahead after his fight with Jenazad. Considering what was seen from Ma Sougetsu, he is on par or lower than others. It is possible that he has improved since, and he has to if he wants to defeat Ma Kensei. I get the overall feeling that Oogata belongs here, but it's very hard to gauge his power.

Low Tier:

8. Alexander Gaidar
    9. Diego Carlo
    10. Cyril Rahman

Kensei and Rahman are two of the most unknown, cause they haven't been seen in battle yet.

It is good that Kensei will be getting his fight soon apparently. He is using mostly unknown martial art and his training methods are very unusual, so it is safe to assume that he's developed deadly techniques that can put him much higher in the rankings.

I base my ranking on Rahman on his brief skirmish with Sakaki, who we know is on par with Hongou. Rahman was made to look like a fool by Sakaki and it looked like he was trying to hurt him seriously. To allow Sakaki to grab his beard and swing him around like a rag-doll is really ridiculous. Sakaki laughed off his moves like they were nothing all while not even trying to defeat him, just stalling for time. Taking all into account, nothing can be said for certain until seen in mortal kombat.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Ranking the One Shadow, Nine Fists in terms of POWER

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Surprised to find out I haven't made my say in this thread. Anyway, here's my take:

High Tier:

1. One Shadow Fuurinji Saiga
    2. Kushinada Mikumo
    3. Silcardo Jenazad

I think there is a general consensus about these three here, so no real reason for explanation.

Mid Tier:

4. God Hand Akira Hongo
    5. Agaard Jum Sai
    6. Kensei Oogata Ishinsai
    7. Ma Sougetsu

Hongou and Agaard are almost identical in power imo, comparable to their rivals Sakaki and Apachai, who are also considered equals. Hongou might have gotten ahead after his fight with Jenazad. Considering what was seen from Ma Sougetsu, he is on par or lower than others. It is possible that he has improved since, and he has to if he wants to defeat Ma Kensei. I get the overall feeling that Oogata belongs here, but it's very hard to gauge his power.

Low Tier:

8. Alexander Gaidar
    9. Diego Carlo
    10. Cyril Rahman

Kensei and Rahman are two of the most unknown, cause they haven't been seen in battle yet.

It is good that Kensei will be getting his fight soon apparently. He is using mostly unknown martial art and his training methods are very unusual, so it is safe to assume that he's developed deadly techniques that can put him much higher in the rankings.

I base my ranking on Rahman on his brief skirmish with Sakaki, who we know is on par with Hongou. Rahman was made to look like a fool by Sakaki and it looked like he was trying to hurt him seriously. To allow Sakaki to grab his beard and swing him around like a rag-doll is really ridiculous. Sakaki laughed off his moves like they were nothing all while not even trying to defeat him, just stalling for time. Taking all into account, nothing can be said for certain until seen in mortal kombat.
    Perfect listing on what has been shown so far.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, here is my list after thinking about it (I'm not gonna count Saiga by the way, because he has yet to show anything) :

1-Silcardo Jenazad: i don't have any doubt in my mind that he is the strongest of the OSNF excluding Saiga (whom i really doubt to be stronger than Silcardo), he was acknowledged to be stronger than both Hongo and Sakaki and was willing to even take the two of them at once. He even made short work out of Hongo and would have surely killed him had Hongo not kept on using cheap tricks and the former letting his guard down several times thinking Hongo was dead. Also respected by most members of the OSNF and feared by masters of Ryozanbaku.

2- Kushinada Mikumo : This long living woman had shown to be as scary as hell, easily taking on both Sakaki and Shigure with minimal effort and only getting a scratch on her clothe because she got distracted. She also fought along side the elder and he seem to acknowledge her power. Ogata also seem to be very cautions around her and is seemed to be terrified by her.

3-Akira Hongo : He was mentioned by Sakaki to be one of the strongest members of the OSNF and Deigo Carlo stated that Hongo is stronger than him as well. Also being able to hold his own against the Demon Fist God and ultimately kill him is a testament of his prowess in combat.

4- Agaard Jum Sai: Ok you know you are tough when everyone feel like they're ants in your presence. Clearly one of the strongest members having to make even Apachi serious in his presence. He was also the only one to kill a master of Ryozanbaku which is really impressive. He also made the fearless Shigure terrified by his presence alone which is pretty awesome of you ask me.

5- Ogata Isshinsai: Former disciple of Ryozanbaku and genius at raising disciples. He is extremely obsessed with marital arts and seem to know a lot and i mean A LOT like Orochimaru lot.

6- Deigo Carlo: Nothing special about him really just put him here because he seem to be more interesting than the last 3.

7- Alexander Gaider:..Meh.

8- Ma Sougetsu: Seriously ? Do i even need to say something ?

9- Cyril Rahman:...........
    Last edited by KingOfNight; November 13, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    He also made the fearless Shigure terrified by his presence alone which is pretty awesome of you ask me.
    chapter and page please

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wonder how everyone keeps praising Hongo for killing silcardo but forget that Agaard himself kill the top 3 underground Muay Thai masters AT ONCE. Being the leading masters of the Muay Thai in Thailand itself, those three dont seem to be just ordinary master-class to me. Sure, being able to bring down that fear silcardo is one hell of achievement but beating three masters at once should be just as impressive. not to mention, same thing would happen again with any other elite masters if Silcardo made the same mistake like he did with Hongo. Seriously, the way you guys keep putting Agaard behind Hongo seems kinda unfair toward Agaard to me.

Oh and about Ma Sougetsu, i just happen to read the D of D arc again and change my thought about him. Apparently, most of us forgot that he murdered the whole master team that Fortuna hired and didnt seem to waste much strength at all. Now that's some considerable feat, isnt it? I'm even more confident in ranking him the same as Agaard and Hongo now
    Last edited by logant; December 01, 2012 at 02:39 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

You should perhaps know that there are levels for Master class not all of then in the same league.

Apachai in completely devastated state and just got back from DEATH with a hole in his stomach, one-shot the barbaric sword Master.

Hongo and Sakaki crushed heck loads of Master class when they invaded Tidat kingdom. There was as much Masters as the number of ants on that kingdom, but they just wrecked through them with no effort.

Saiga also whooped just as much Masters in Tidat kingdom with only his fingers.

Hell, a bunch of kids defeated Fortuna who is also a Master class. Hermit\Natsu consider him a master class "garbage".

The elder is a master class but owned another master class with one finger and sent him flying to the hand of Deigo who is another master class, who made him look like an loser.

Thats why there is an unofficial title know as "Super Master Class", all of Ryozanpaku masters as well as The One Shadow Nine Fists fall into that category.
    So no, defeating a bunch of Master classes martial artist isn't a considerable feat for a Super Master Class.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2