Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 206

Thread: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14 END

  1. #91
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Blowing in the wind
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Jack (dl) died? Any ideas on wanted dl dead?

  2. #92
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Posts
    1,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Hmm. Prolly a neutral kill. Someone who wasn't too super active or anyway standout. Possibly a poor attempt to frame me, since I voted for him first. I dunno.

  3. #93
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    South Korea
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    yeah i kinda agree with nice guy. Its kinda obvious ,well atleast to me, that mafias are trying to get rid off the "troublesome" members like nice guy using some basic strat. Not going to happen though. Well I kinda knew Jack wasnt mafia, since Jack as mafia would want to avoid bandwagon as much as possible. I am currently looking at Adi, Farf, and BBB. Just lookin

  4. #94
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,857
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Hey, guys! I just wanna make a post and show I'm active (kinda). I'm kinda sick so I'll go to bed. I probably won't be able to make a vote because of work tomorrow.

  5. #95
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ↑ ↓ ← →
    Country
    San Marino
    Posts
    5,797
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Note: Day 2 ends in 24h from now.

  6. #96
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ♥ Robin Land ♥
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    I find some of the more recent posts to be quite ostentatious in manner. You're either over doing it to gain the sympathy of the one whom is dead or you are over doing it to gain and reassure the rest of us...or even both. xD Uste you changed your vote (omg you must be mafia. ) quite suddenly in the last couple of hours of the first day. Prior to that you took your time in "weighing up valuable" reasons on why a particular person could be a mafia. My question is why? To just get the end of day one over with? Or because you truly felt that kinky was susipicious enough to vote kill?

    Suspicion always looms in the air in these kind of games...obviously but it's very opaque (to everyone) when one posts in such a way to show extreme sympathy and recognition to others that "oh I'm just like you trying to find the real mafia." I'm not referring to anyone particular here... it's more like an evaluation/brief analysis if you like when it comes to reading certain posts after a kill.

  7. #97
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Posts
    1,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    I find some of the more recent posts to be quite ostentatious in manner. You're either over doing it to gain the sympathy of the one whom is dead or you are over doing it to gain and reassure the rest of us...or even both. xD Uste you changed your vote (omg you must be mafia. ) quite suddenly in the last couple of hours of the first day. Prior to that you took your time in "weighing up valuable" reasons on why a particular person could be a mafia. My question is why? To just get the end of day one over with? Or because you truly felt that kinky was susipicious enough to vote kill?
    Duh, because it was me or him. And I am 100% sure that I am townie... Wasn't 100% sure on him. After Kinky voted me, it was me going to be lynched. I tied it.

  8. #98
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ♥ Robin Land ♥
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    You should've both got lynched then. Evil was kind enough not to hostkill.





    Ok. I'mma go and start the difficult process of vote killing because there isn't much else to do due to the lack of activity in this game so far.

    I vote kill Donato sleepwithfishes...because I don't want to see him get hurt.

  9. #99
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kreesia
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Random move oO
    Yeah, Silvio xD I believe it makes sense why Nice Guy changed his vote. Not saying he's a townie 'cause of that, since townie or mafia would try to save himself, just saying it's kinda normal and many would do the same.
    The "you should have said your role to us and we would keep you alive" to Kinky was weird, though. Many people told their roles during the game and that didn't save them, since they could be lying ._. Maybe I just didn't get that, but it was weird ç.ç
    And there you go, Donato, why me? @.@

  10. #100
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Posts
    1,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Random move oO
    Yeah, Silvio xD I believe it makes sense why Nice Guy changed his vote. Not saying he's a townie 'cause of that, since townie or mafia would try to save himself, just saying it's kinda normal and many would do the same.
    The "you should have said your role to us and we would keep you alive" to Kinky was weird, though. Many people told their roles during the game and that didn't save them, since they could be lying ._. Maybe I just didn't get that, but it was weird ç.ç
    And there you go, Donato, why me? @.@
    Weird? It only works for bulletproof, because there is only one of those. Mafia can't really claim the role, would be stupid. If you don't remember, I've done the same trick twice (or was it only once?) in previous games when I were bulletproof and about to get lynched. It worked smoothly. But it is of course a last resort method, and as Kinky said, he didn't have the chance because he wasn't around.

    Well, I'm most suspicous about Fishy and Anemic. Anemic yesterday reasoned lynching me with the mafia are first to vote logic. And he didn't even mention Fishy, who was the real first voter. Fishy also makes me suspicous because he agreed with me in his previous post. I'm getting paranoid.

  11. #101
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ♥ Robin Land ♥
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    On kinky's part, yea he should've revealed his role. He kept lurking and he did say "I'mma stick to lurking". The majority probably got the wrong impression from that but it's too late now. =.=

    I think it sucks when only two or three people are actually active in this game. It's quite concerning since we're only in like day 2 right?


  12. #102
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kreesia
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    I just said that 'cause a person can claim a role, lie about it, and the real one won't reveal it o.o There would be a small chance people would believe in the one that's lying and get the real one killed. Even a small chance is a chance =/
    xD I know how that feels, I'm always paranoid in those games ç.ç~ That's why I became such a slow voter xD~~ Screwed up so many games already 'cause I was too hasty ;-; Can't hurt ask things and double check, right? About Anemic... Just thought it was weird that he didn't try to do anything when he started feeling that you and Kinky were townies ._. Maybe it was 'cause even if we had enough votes at that momento to get someone else killed, we wouldn't be sure of a mafia on day 1... or that you and Kinky weren't it. Too many things to think about =-='

  13. #103
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    South Korea
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Random move oO
    Yeah, Silvio xD I believe it makes sense why Nice Guy changed his vote. Not saying he's a townie 'cause of that, since townie or mafia would try to save himself, just saying it's kinda normal and many would do the same.
    The "you should have said your role to us and we would keep you alive" to Kinky was weird, though. Many people told their roles during the game and that didn't save them, since they could be lying ._. Maybe I just didn't get that, but it was weird ç.ç
    And there you go, Donato, why me? @.@
    gabi i said i am just looking, not even suspecting anyone so far. You were included in "looking list" coz u were one of the most active in day 1. Tbh it was a random people. Dont think too much.

    Regarding blind's vote. EEm i believe this is already second day and we are through with random voting. Can we please stick to the facts and not waste a precious town roles?

  14. #104
    MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    9,429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I didn't decide on that nickname myself hey, someone at work used that, and then it kinda stuck. I don't really like it either. (Yeah, the names are mafia name generated from our user names. Giving hints with names and avas would be... lame)

    I didn't want to create confusion, no. As I said, I wanted to name someone else, so people wouldn't just go with the first option. Hardly throwing in an other name is creating confusion. As I stated in my previous post, the vote was mainly random. I just put in some flimsy reasons, because someone would have questioned me anyway. And really, I don't think mafia do the first vote that often, it is more dependable on the general play style of a person. Dark lord btw often just pops in and votes for whoever has votes, and dissappears, and then appears the next day. He only participates if he is underfire, that is one reason why I voted him. Another reason I don't think mafia that often votes first is because the first to vote goes always underfire. Usually. Now for some reason Mr. Fishy hasn't been really put under pressure. Not saying though that mafia do not vote first - they do that too. And it is pretty ballsy.

    There is something curious in what you say. The bit about me adding confusion. So you think it would have been better if Kinky had been just unquestionably killed? You cause unnessary confusion now too, naming a third option. Shoul we vote you too? I think it is better to create some convo, not really confusion, but make people consider other possibilities. Leaves more possible clues for following days, than just going for an easy first kill. Also, you say mafia always make the first vote - y u no vote Fishy? Actually, you don't even mention him at all. Which makes me suspect you, for sneakily trying to protect someone.

    Yup, that is the way you should try to protect someone in the game. Trying discreetly move the attention away. If I were protecting Kinky, I wouldn't do it in such an obvious way, I would try to do it discreetly. Or better yet, sacrifice a comrade on first round.

    So, as it stands my suspicions are now mainly on Anemic and Fishy. Not counting out Kinky or Jack either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    ...

    I thought that how I wrote it made it obvious I understood it was joking ( "someone used it at work"), besides why you laugh at me, when there were people before me who made note on you "voting based on the nice guy" and brought up the issues with it. And I didn't really use that as an argument of defense or against you. Actually, that you shift the attention on the joking part as if I were serious on that, and brush of the other points I make, makes you more suspicious.

    I didn't say it is about who you vote for. It is about how one votes. I agree. And that theory... well, I don't really remember it working like that. I guess I should go back and check some old games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    ...

    Vote kill Kinky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Well, to be honest I do hope you change your vote. But it is up to you. If you do wanna target someone else than Kinky or me, it has to be focused and swift as Far said. Almost impossible at this point, with 2~3 hours left.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Hmm. Prolly a neutral kill. Someone who wasn't too super active or anyway standout. Possibly a poor attempt to frame me, since I voted for him first. I dunno.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Not over yet? Well, while there is still time here is my last will and testament just in case; I predict the followin persons are mafia - Fishy, Anemic, and Jack. Wild card Fatnose. Even bigger wild card Stammering Vito. Based on? Nothing new really. Just a hunch. Thought I post something, so I can be all "Aha, I knew it. You should have believed me!" if I get lucky.

    Just in case I get lynched. I don't hope for that obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by USTEGIUS
    Well, I'm most suspicous about Fishy and Anemic. Anemic yesterday reasoned lynching me with the mafia are first to vote logic. And he didn't even mention Fishy, who was the real first voter. Fishy also makes me suspicous because he agreed with me in his previous post. I'm getting paranoid.
    Im done re-reading the whole thread and OMG Ust u're putting too much act
    -first u make a shitload of long post without any content and when no one care (maybe blai) (in red)
    -then u try ur best to make Ado save you without being explicit (in green)
    -then u say u would prefer to die in the place of Kdown and overreact (in the discussion thread)
    -DL died cuz he was INACTIVE, that kinda obvious that mafia killed him cuz that, ur enemy was Blai, mafia would've killed him if they wanted to frame you. But u try to put urself in a safe position by saying mafia is trying to frame you (in purple).
    -and one more mafia act, u turn around, point everybody name here and there without saying any interesting post with some content ( in orange)

    VOTE KILL USTEGIUS A.K.A NICE GUY ANGELO, HE'S A MAFIA GUYS
    Last edited by scav; October 19, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

  15. #105
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Posts
    1,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game Thread - Old Chicago - Game 14

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    Im done re-reading the whole thread and OMG Ust u're putting too much act
    -first u make a shitload of long post without any content and when no one care (maybe blai) (in red)
    -then u try ur best to make Ado save you without being explicit (in green)
    -then u say u would prefer to die in the place of Kdown and overreact (in the discussion thread)
    -DL died cuz he was INACTIVE, that kinda obvious that mafia killed him cuz that, ur enemy was Blai, mafia would've killed him if they wanted to frame you. But u try to put urself in a safe position by saying mafia is trying to frame you (in purple).
    -and one more mafia act, u turn around, point everybody name here and there without saying any interesting post with some content ( in orange)

    VOTE KILL USTEGIUS A.K.A NICE GUY ANGELO, HE'S A MAFIA GUYS
    - Exactly. No one cared as I tried to roleplay a little and make things amusing. Then I kept things simple because so cold. How does it relate to anything?
    - Yes, as I said before, I tried to protect myself because I am 100% sure I am a townie, not sure on Kinky back then.
    - I said if I had known he was bulletproof (in other words, if he has revealed his role when it was getting close) I would have rather died for the team. Because imo bulletproof is the most powerfull pro-town role.
    - As I said, the main reason to kill dl was inactivity. I said very sarcastically "that or stupid attempt to frame me". Because it would have been stupid. I didn't say killing dl was to frame me, I said it could have been a stupid attempt to frame me. Stupid. Sarcasm. Get it? And indeed, what if they couldn't kill Blai to frame me because, u know, Blai is one of them.
    - That was when I were about to be lynched. I had already said why I suspected Fishy and Blai. As I wrote in the original, others were just guesses. For me to watch back later if I had been lucky. Besides, others have been just throwing in names too.

    Why you keep saying everything I post is useless. You just quoted everything I have wrote. I make discussion. Poking reactions. Or atleast try so.
    Last edited by Ustegius; October 19, 2011 at 06:14 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts