Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air Gear 332 Discussion/ 333 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 332 Spoiler Thread

@Atobe the king: I know that it's still Ikki's story, but doesn't it simply annoy you when a character that is awesome and interesting is killed off for what? For... nothing? I know that people die, but when you create a character that can be a support for the main one you stick to it and you use him up! This manga was using the normal shounen pattern, but some time ago (like a year or sth) it suddenly started changing.
    Expecting Kiric or Kazu to save the day? God forbid! They are not the main characters! But I don't think this manga is going to be the same without the first enemy of Sora, the one that knew him the longest and the best. We are back to the "i has moar powerz" (mistakes intentional).

I would much more prefer Sora somehow escaping with the Regalia, while pretending to be dead - you could have all those emotional moments of "I wanted to be the one to defeat him!" done by Ikki (knowing OG we would have to deal with it for a few months). And than Sora appearing out of nowhere, all strong and mighty, and Ikki saving the day - isn't it so much more shounen-manga-like? And it would be his style too!

It's too bad that we won't have more of Agito's story or anything similar - now we have the Devil King and our Hero needs to save the day!

I'm simply disappointed by this fight - we waited for long over a year and we got... 3 chapters? REALLY?! It still surprised me though - we didn't get just a few pages and someone describing what happened in 3 panels.

BTW. is it just me or the way to keep the codes for the regalia is just lame? Like... they didn't move it? Not even to the deeper part of the Tower? SERIOUSLY?!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I know that it's still Ikki's story, but doesn't it simply annoy you when a character that is awesome and interesting is killed off for what? For... nothing?
    All the time lol, i am a huge Kiric fanboy . On the other hand i don't think he's dead...not so easily anyway. I used Kiric and Kazu because they are the biggest ensemble darkhorses in the manga by far (i'll never to this day get the Kazu appeal but w/e lol). From the first chapter of every manga we can generally tell who will save the day...whether its with his friends indirectly helping like DB, or by himself is the only question...we're pretty much just reading to see how he/she gets there haha. But yeah...i don't think Kiric is "quiiiite" dead yet...too easy...far too easy.

I do feel like O!G is rushing a bit...minus Gabishi and datassOhm we don't really know much about the other SF members and i don't think they'll be fleshed out any further either....
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I will be the crazy fangirl and hope for Kiric being alive, even if it's stupid of me. We know more about abilities of Om or Gabishi than his! And where is the reunion between twins? He died too easily, Yoshitsune and Spitfire got more "screen time" for their deaths. Come on, OG, come on! We know you can do anything!
    Last edited by Ayaname; October 18, 2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Editing, because I've been repeating myself, sorry :)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Lol...this is ironic...people want no death here but on the FT forums people want characters to die really bad...interesting contrast.
    If I facepalm I´ll end up like Kilik or Princess Salome (got it? the head thing an all)

That Doctor Minami really knows how to piss me off, kudos to OG! for such a nasty character.

It was a bad idea to drop Sora near the Sky Regalia; as some fat pro-player stated: "Play safe and solid!"

No surprise here, and to the rest of Sleeping Forest: Run! Run for your lives! Save yourself Nina! use the rest members as bait! Though Ume and Mikan SHOULD be under a little bit of plot-armor zone. Gabishi/Onibasu on the other hand... feels bad man.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drylick View Post
    Dude, Ikki fighting a 21-core regalia? Against his 6? As I've said Suarnhir, it's not even a match. Even more now that Sora has the tricks of all the riders unlocked (hey, correct me if I'm wrong, I just saw that unlock thing with the R.E.A.D.). I can't read kanji so pardon me if I'm wrong. But then, Sora now controls the Sky Regalia. And it gives him the GODLIKE power there. I wonder how Ikki can fight GOD.

Oh, yeah, you're saying that Sora is having difficulty with the other 7 runes right? Could that be the regalias that Ikki has? But it's only 6? Where's the other one? The Thorn? Or the Ring?

And yeah, I remember, there was a new road that was created during the merge of the original 6 regalias ( I'm thinking that this 6 were the strongest runes out of all the 28. So Ikki might still have a chance. Quality over quantity). I wonder if that new road has the power to match Sora's Sky Regalia.

Let's just watch.
    Ikki is the Storm King of the Hurricane Road, so maybe the Road the name of which you're forgetting is that (i.e. Hurricane Road).

And, yeah, I do seriously hope Ikki's 6 Regalia cores can stand up to Sora and his 21 plus the Sky Regalia. It's gonna be tough for Ikki, that's for sure. Maybe, as Suahnir said, Kururu acting as Chronos while making the Storm Regalia will somehow make Ikki immune to the Sky Regalia? If so, then Ikki will have some chance against Sora. But if not, then Ikki's going to need a miracle.

But about the seven runes Sora was missing, I think he already had the ones that the old Sleeping Forest used to have, which include those of Falco, Blackburn, Dontores, Nike, Simca, Spitfire, Rune (I'm just guessing with Simca and Rune, though, since they were in Sleeping Forest, but only as support for the Pledge Queen, Ine, meaning they weren't "Kings," and I also don't remember seeing them in the pic right before the fight started between Kilik's side and Sora's), and Kilik. Sora of course had one as well. That's Wind, Fang, Thunder, Rumble, Flame, Pledge, and Gem (that's all of the six cores Ikki has, plus Pledge). He was probably missing Gazelle's, for one, since she killed herself, most likely before he get her rune. But apparently, he has them all now. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been able to take possession of the Sky Regalia and we wouldn't be getting worried like this. And the runes that the Gravity Children had/have ("have" for the ones who are still alive) are the main part of the master codes for the Sky Regalia unless I'm mistaken (which I probably am). Killik did also say, in his thoughts, that maybe Sora didn't need to win back then since his main goal was to get the Sleeping Forest members' runes. Which would mean he got them.
    Last edited by DragonOsman2; October 18, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SMH did you all forget Kilik's beyond human training? The last panel of this chapter's final page is a little misconceptual but we all know how OG exaggerates these "moments" it's his style. Reading through this manga, I have not seem a trick that actually severs a body part without the use of external material. As powerful as Sora currently is I highly doubt a tricks "power" weighs as equally as raw human power *refers to Bucca vs Dontores*.

Kilik has been training his body's muscle fiber to impossible feats *roughly a couple tons worth of pressure(<_<)*. We all assumed this was to counteract Nike's "vibrations". OG tends to add these confusing but small details in various points in his manga, but we all seem how small details greatly builds on as the story progresses *referring to Agito's back story*. Also whenever OG severs a body part there is blood, or "silhouettes" of blood, which made me to believe OG is just trolling as usual.
    In conclusion I highly doubt that last panel where Kilik's neck is being "blown" is intended towars his death, it's total BS. I highly doubt that shockwaves in general can cut of someones head! that's a lil but much for even OG physics.... And Kilik's face really pulls together my assumption; he has a total (look at all the fucks I give face xD). To wrap this up, shock is pressure, Kilik has trained himself (the only King/Queen to actually want to improve on his/hers abilities in general....*really sad*) to withstand beyond human pressure. And although shocked as he may have been in this chapter, his is the type to always be 10 steps ahead.
    He probably knew that even by the slightest chance Sora would obtain the Sky Regalia, but was just *O_O that it occurred. No matter how strong AT's can be its been proven, that raw human power can beat technology hands down *referring to Yoshitsunes fight against a fucking Gundam*.
    Please have faith in a Mangaka's story and please stop being so arrogant ( OH TYPICAL SHOUNEN ENDING *SO PRO MANGA READING STATUS*). He himself would know this, he is always trying for something different. Most likely its not him that makes all this typical decision making conclusions, its the editors powered by fan service and votes. OG is truely a unique Mangaka, so please all of you hating have no fucking right to criticize his story.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see the shadow Illustration of Sora's Shadow with his 21-core Regalia AND the SKY Regalia. Should be even more Epic than any Shadow weve seen before....!!!

There would also be an upgrade to Ikki's shadow since hes got more cores in his Regalia now. Wonder if it will have a bit of kazu's and Agito's shadow incorporated in it as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

just to clarify though i'm not 100% sure due to the fuzzy quality of the scans, sora only really needed to know the rune code that corresponds with each grav kid and which regalia they possessed (if you see where he just opens the briefcase he says a rune code and then there's some text about a corresponding regalia - as they mentioned water and 'jin') so he didn't necessarily need to capture the the regalia. the formation of sf helped to gather the final rune codes to him and the last ones he got when kiric and his team defeated sora...

also, i think the rune codes he was missing back then belonged to spitfire, dontores, falco, black burn, kiric, om and onibasu. if there were 7 he needed, he would obviously know his own and gazelle's was pretty obvious (on top of the fact that he got her earlier) and i think that simca and rune he figured out somehow before hand, so that leaves only 5 grav kids in the 1st sf team that he doesn't know and with this last chapter and how he reads of the code that goes with water and 'jin', i think the other 2 were om and onibasu ('jin' refers to swiftness and used with another kanji to describe lightning).

on a final note, this would explain why sora has been waiting all this time if he was able to get mecha legs after his defeat by kiric back then. he needed to get bagram back and repaired. sora wouldnt have been able to get to the suit case if didn't have bagram to protect him. it also made me realize something, kururu worked on that design when she was trying to repair it for ikki... surely she would have picked up on its more multi core design though she wouldn't have realized it at the time because it was the first only only regalia she had worked on. then she constantly bases the conceptual design of the storm regalia off of bagram so from the start, the storm regalia was already geared to fuse other cores into it. that's just some random idea that popped into my head...
    Last edited by suarhnir; October 18, 2011 at 10:33 PM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@Breast: I guess the part about being "arrogant" was directed at me. I'm sorry to have sounded like I have "a pro manga reading status" or something - it was not my intention, but rather I was expressing what I would prefer or expect - it's my opinion, not some 'truth' everyone has to agree with =.= you know. And I have the right to criticize the story - I'm the one reading it! Just because someone is great (like OG) doesn't mean I have to like EVERYTHING about the story, right? And if I hated this manga, I wouldn't bother to criticize =.= Also let's not push the 'blame' for so many decisions on the editors

The fact that Kururu didn't realize the multi core design is (in my opinion) just another plot hole OG made, but let's hope he will explain it sometime - even if it's just BS.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

well, it was still kururu's first extensive look at a regalia... anyone who is given something for the first time won't know what's unusual about it until they've looked at other similar things (she's worked extensively with normal a-ts but regalias are a whole other level of complexity). they would naturally think that whatever they are seeing is normal and would think to be the same for any other similar thing. the only other regalia she has looked at is ringo's sub regalia but it was lacking the proper core so there would be nothing to genuinely hint to kururu that bagram was much different or she may have concluded that the different regalia would simply be that different... if she had a chance to look at maybe 2 other regalia cores, i think she would start to suspect the difference, but she hasn't so there's a good chance she didn't realize it so far. and before anyone brings up the pledge regalia, that's an entirely different functioning regalia than the wheel types so that can't be used either for her to compare regalias.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hangedman's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

chinese scan here

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    oyos

well, it was still kururu's first extensive look at a regalia... anyone who is given something for the first time won't know what's unusual about it until they've looked at other similar things (she's worked extensively with normal a-ts but regalias are a whole other level of complexity). they would naturally think that whatever they are seeing is normal and would think to be the same for any other similar thing. the only other regalia she has looked at is ringo's sub regalia but it was lacking the proper core so there would be nothing to genuinely hint to kururu that bagram was much different or she may have concluded that the different regalia would simply be that different... if she had a chance to look at maybe 2 other regalia cores, i think she would start to suspect the difference, but she hasn't so there's a good chance she didn't realize it so far. and before anyone brings up the pledge regalia, that's an entirely different functioning regalia than the wheel types so that can't be used either for her to compare regalias.
    Very good points, there. Kururu might realize the difference now, since she has other cores in front of her right now.

By the way, if Ikki's still going to use the "Null Wind" Trick on Sora like he was originally planning to (he did say he wanted to save it to use for Sora), then he might need a suit to go with the Thunder Regalia core so that he has wires to direct the lightning with after he uses that Trick, since he wouldn't be able to use wind-type Tricks to direct the lightning then (in the Inorganic Net battle, we see a combo-Trick used by Sora and Blackburn where Sora uses his wind to help direct Blackburn's lightning from the kicking-motion attack, which Ikki blocks with that wind-wall). I was originally thinking it'd be good to have Ikki wear a suit similar to Blackburn's or Nue's, but now I'm thinking he might not like having to wear a suit like that. What do you guys think?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

first off, i don't think ikki will get a suit... it just doesn't seem like his style... at all. that time in that one cult was specifically to help kazu and it was not really anything like what nue and black burn have.

second, did anyone else wonder if the gst will still continue? i mean, sora just stole the grand prize of the whole thing so there's really no point, right? i don't think sora would follow through with the rest of the tournament either since he got what he came for right in the first official match. if so, what a waste to show off some lime light to these other teams who will now never see any battle screen time... unless they try to see if they can beat sora and pretty much get themselves killed.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Ikki already wearing that Loki suit before he even knew Kazu was in the seminar? He was surprised when he saw Kazu, after all. And if Ikki will still use his "Null Wind" Trick, then since it can make his own Wind Tricks useless, he'll need wires to direct the lightning for the Rising Road. And the core of the Thunder Regalia doesn't go on ATs, it's not a wheel piece, after all. It's a single piece that goes onto the back of the suit that the Thunder King has to wear. He won't need it, though, if he doesn't use any lightning attacks that would require the wires.

By the way, I just thought of something. Dr. Minami said he combined those 20 cores that Sora stole into the Bagram he had the whole time until the fight against Kilik back then, when it was destroyed, right? Didn't it look the same as it did in the Gazelle and Kaito flashback, or similar to it? And even despite all of those cores combined into it, it was still Bagram, the Wind Regalia core, so those cores were somehow doing nothing more than just powering up the "Wind". We saw Sora use that Bagram in the Inorganic Net battle as well. So, keeping that in mind, and also the fact that Kururu based the Storm Regalia on that Bagram plus the Rumble Regalia core, what if she actually is able to combine those other cores into it such that they only power-up the "Storm" and nothing more (the "Storm" being Wind+Rumble, since it was stated by Benkei, "'Wind' will 'Rumble' and become a 'Storm'". The "Wind" has already "Rumbled" and become a "Storm")? Kururu might still do it like that, so there's still a chance that the Hurricane Road still be Wing Road+Over Road.

The only thing going against that is what she said when remodeling the Storm Regalia core to incorporate the "Flame," "Fang," "Thunder," and "Gem" cores into it. Though, it could still actually help my theory, too. What she says is, "The wheels Rumble, the scorching Flame, the sharp Fang, the tenacious Gem, the swift Thunder, produces the Wind". I think the key here is "produces the Wind". Perhaps, she herself isn't wanting to have those cores' Roads combine into the Hurricane Road but actually just make the Wind more powerful--or in this case, the Storm. And since she said "swift Thunder," the Thunder Regalia lightning might just be for added speed. The Flames could make the Wind hotter, right? And since, even after having those 20 Regalia cores incorporated into it, the Bagram was still Bagram and looked very much like the one Sora and Nike had in the Gazelle and Kaito flashback, I think there's also still a chance that the Storm Regalia core will still look similar to the way it looked when we first saw one of its wheels, at that time when it'd gotten damaged.

Also, since Kururu did base the Storm Regalia core off of Bagram and then combine the Rumble Regalia core into it, maybe it does actually also have those same 20 Regalia automatically incorporated, unless Kururu wasn't able to replicate that perfectly when making the Storm Regalia core. But then again, the Bagram Sora is using also can't have them all intact, since it'd gotten damaged in the battle against Kilik back then and Kururu scrapped it to make the new Bagram; most of the parts came from that same Bagram Sora used to use, the one with the 20 cores combined into it, but some of the parts also came from the "Factory" in the Tower, or in other words, Tool Toul To's own parts, since that "Factory" is serving as Tool Toul To's base. So yeah, it may no longer have all 20 cores intact. But even if it does, since Kururu based the Storm Regalia core off it before combining the Rumble Regalia core into it, it may also have those 20 cores in it as well. So in total, Ikki is going to actually have 24 cores in his Storm Regalia, aside the Storm Regalia core itself which is Wind+Rumble. So 25 cores. Sora has 21. I'd say if Sora hadn't already taken the Sky Regalia's codes, Ikki would still have the advantage here, at least in number of cores.

Edit: Now that I think of it, there's one more thing Kururu says that could make my theory turning out to be right unlikely. She mentions a new Road no one has ever seen before, right? That could just mean that even just being Wing Road+Over Road, the Hurricane Road still a new Road no one has seen before, as it's going to have Tricks that are exclusive to it, made from combining those two Roads, and given additional power by the other cores.
    Last edited by DragonOsman2; October 20, 2011 at 12:56 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast