Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48

Thread: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

  1. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    Well the answer to that is with the spirits I guess. Both Caprico and Leo seem to know more than what they're letting out regarding Lucy and Layla.

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere Only WE know
    Country
    Malta
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Well the answer to that is with the spirits I guess. Both Caprico and Leo seem to know more than what they're letting out regarding Lucy and Layla.
    Yeah I don't think Lucy even knows her mother was a mage to be honest she never said she thought her anything she said bero that old instructor did :/ Leo seemed to be hiding it ^^'

  3. #18
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member oniichan powaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earthland
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    I get it! Natsu and Zeref must be Twins! lol
    No, that can't be because they don't look alike. I guess that these two must've met each other in previous life or something like this:

    Zeref: I am you, from another dimension.
    Natsu: I've already met my 'other' self in another dimension. You're not me. Liar!
    Zeref: But I am from another dimension than that. In that dimension, I was (you are) married to Lucy.
    Natsu: What!? Get the hell outta...
    Zeref: By the way, we had five children.
    And Happy is our pet cat.
    Natsu: !!?
    Happy: !!?

  4. #19
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    Hiro Mashima has already stated that Natsu is not over 80 years old, so what he says goes. The only plausible theory for not being able to pass the runes is his Dragon Slayer magic which is a Lost Magic. The same goes for Gajeel. That and it's been shown that Natsu ages normally like any other human. So I highly doubt he, Gajeel, Wendy or any other Dragon Slayer is over 400 years old.

    There is no doubt there's some kind of connection between the two however, since Zeref knew who Natsu was instantly and Natsu having no idea who Zeref was at the time.

  5. #20
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    could it be possible that natsu is the reincarnation of someone ? someone legendary like zeref only on the good side?

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fairy land
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    Could it, should it, can it? and.....anything is possible..
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

    ---you have been warned..

  7. #22
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    i do have a feeling zeref is going to have something to do with why natsu was an orpha. being raised by igneel

    and perhaps something to do with why the dragons RUNNOFT

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    I think Mashima will go with the Father and Son relationship ....

    This is why Natsu can't remember anything about Zeref.

    Also I think that Igneel is fully aware about the fact that Natsu is Zeref son, and he recognize Natsus power, and that he's the only one that can defeat Zeref, because they both have same blood running in their veins.
    Dreyar Style

  9. #24
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    one thing that kind of dissapoints me about fairy tail is that natsu doesnt appear to be actually increasing his power level or strength

    like when he fought jellal he ate the lacrima

    when he fought the "god slayer" guy on the island he ate up those weird flames, when he fought hades he ate some of laxus's lighting


    i mean when is natsu going to step up and beat a boss type character, of fight one based on the strength he has built or some new badass ability

    i mean he did beat laxus somewhat on the roof in that arc, but he hasnt really gotten progressively stronger as fairytail has gone along, perhaps this latest thing that ultear did when they were training may make him a good bit stronger

    but back on topic

    i agree with ifirit that it seems they could be related in some way if not father son maybe a distant relative as zeref either appears to have been ancient or reincarnated

    the fact that he was found on fairy tails sacred island also leads one to wonder about their relation

    i assume mavis knows a GOOD BIT about zeref

  10. #25
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobuden View Post
    Hiro Mashima has already stated that Natsu is not over 80 years old, so what he says goes.
    Not that I'm doubting you or anything, but could you (or anyone else who reads this) provide a link to the interview that includes that statement (or wherever it was).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    . could it be possible that natsu is the reincarnation of someone ? someone legendary like zeref only on the good side?
    Damn, that would be cool.

    Also, expanding on that theory, maybe Zeref is the same, but he forced himself into a younger body when his current one wore out, and the new body's soul is (was) fighting Zeref's malice, thus creating the emo Zeref we know and love. Soon enough, however, Zeref will be back to normal (evil) again.
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

    I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

  11. #26
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Greece
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: relation Natsu and Zeref

    Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    So Zeref summoning a dragon wasn't evidence enough to you that he is a DS? Come on man. Whether you like it or not thats the road Mashima is taking with his story. Natsu and the other DS are clearly ancient and the fact they magically all appeared at the same time their dragon's disappeared should be evidence of this. The details of exactly what happened aren't there but its clear to me they're all ancient and they all knew each other 400 years ago.

    Natsu was probably at one point capable of taking on Zeref, but a reawakening process probably took place. I imagine it was all the DS who sealed Zeref to begin with at the cost of their powers for hundreds of years possibly and their memories. Nothing else explains why Zeref appears so young now either. Its also pretty clear to me that Zeref is also much weaker than he used to be, considering ultear gave him trouble where gray basically took her out alone. If Zeref is as powerful as he is renowned to be there would have been no chance for ultear to stop him.
    Well to begin with IT IS NOT ZEREF WHO SUMMONED ACNOLOGIA. If it has been him he would possibly had no regrets. Secondly the dragon was summoned by THE FACT that zeref lost the value of life he achieved(so not zeref himself or to make it clear it is not something that he actively did). Second if you are speaking of the shield that saved them keeping them inactive for 7 years it's Mavis(1st FT master and creator of the guild) doing. Now as of how Zeref could be his father since he lives for 400 years(thats the years he is considered lost, which means even older) its so stupid to say he is too young to be since he does not realy die... Zeref was never sealed. He ran to tenroujima and hid there away from any human so that he wont lose the value of life he achieved ever again(the most possible guess we can make). So he is SO young without being sealed. That means he just do not dies. Now if we believe the theory that was made above about being a black dragon slayer using something like death magic it could realy be combined with my theory of him being some kind of immortal or at least being unable to die by aging. To end this post . ZEREF HAS NO AGE ISSUES . The most clear guess we have is that he does not age since he LIVES(NOT SEALED) over 400 years.

    ---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkoneaox View Post
    That part of the story is still playing itself out, Zeref also said that this was the end of this era, and also started talking like Natsu was dead. He never once confirmed it, just automatically though that since Acnologia attacked everyone was finished. Even Carla assumed the worse from her visions. I can assume that the reason why Igneel gave Natsu the scarf was not just for warmth but also like a ward, like a failsafe just in case those 2 met and Natsu wasnt ready or Zeref changed his mind/went back to his old ways... Future will tell but we will see more progress between the 2 real soon...
    Well the thing with the scarf is not a guess... IT A FACT! Scard already saved him once against the death aura of Zeref. If you recall the Scarf went pure black and their master had Wendy to cleanse/purify it.

  12. #27
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantinopolis
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    i agree with the black dragon slayer part but not the father and son relationship

  13. #28
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    Central African Republic
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    Zeref is a DS who was raised and teached by Acnologia
    Natsu lineage is very special comparing to others. That's why Zeref is sure than Natsu is only one to be able to stop him. Possibly Natsu and Zeref are like Ying and Yang. Darkness and Light itself. Possibly Natsu is the artificial human created by dragons for only one purpose - to stop Zeref.

  14. #29
    Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    i disagree that natsu is an artificial human... for the main character to be found as "artificial" so late in the series in kind of sad. there hasnt been any hint at all of any artificial humans in the series so far.

    i also disagree that zeref is a DS. then why doesn't anyone summon dragons. why doesn't he use dragon slayer magic. i'm sure he can summon other stuff from his "dark book of spells" (?) like those rock golems or whatever, does that mean he's a golem slayer? although he said the dragon was summoned by the malice present at the time, it is unclear to me whether the dragon came because of zeref or not.

    i do agree with natsu being the descendant of some one or relative to zeref. just a gut feeling. though i have no evidence.

  15. #30
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

    I don't think Natsu's a descendant of Zeref. I'd say its the relationship they had in the past. Maybe Natsu was a dragon back then or dragon slayer. Whatever took place years ago, I get the impression that Zeref might be different from what he was shown to be in Tenroujima arc. 400 years ago, I get the impression that Zeref might have no value for life. You could say he's a down right badass villain who may think of humans the same as Acknologia did. There is the high probablility that it's Natsu that made him realize the importance of life. The two must've been in equal strength. The only thing clear is that it didn't end with a solution. Zeref went where there's no person there. He basically hid himself.

    Natsu and the other dragon slayers were probably reborn as humans. Maybe 400 years ago, the dragon slayers themselves don't have good relationships as stated by the conversation between Grandeen and Igneel. Every Dragon slayer must have their own beliefs. Maybe Natsu's was completely different from the others.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts