Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darkundertaker2013's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: relation Natsu and Zeref

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Honestly no. His brother or cousin? Maybe. His father? Lol no way. I'm not buying it even if Mashima tells it.

Imo, they met 400 years ago. Or even more time ago. They were part of the same order, a group of people who used the Dragon powers. Zeref most likely was tempted by something, or was really power hungry to become like what he was described. His friends, seeing what he was doing decided to make him stop, but the only one that could actually go toe to toe with him, was Natsu. Someone, most likely an ancestor of Lucy (hence the connection with Layla and probably even more of her ancestors) had some sort of power to stop Zeref, but Acnologia tried to kill that person.

Natsu wanting to protect that person decided to sacrifice his life in order to protect her.

Wendy used all her powers in order to bring back Natsu to life but the only thing that she could do was return him to a child or egg form of some sort using the dragons powers. Same with the other members of the order. Zeref touched by this decided to change and never kill again, but because of the nature of his powers he couldn't stay near people.

Acnologia angry with this swore some kind of revenge or something.

The other thing that could've happened is, Zeref changed because of Nirvana, but not only because of that, because Natsu and the other DS sacrificed themselves or used all of their power in order to stop Zeref for the sufficient time in order for him to change. After learning of what his close friends did, especially Natsu, he decided to change. The DS returned to their base egg forms or something and were frozen in space and time, kinda like how it happened now, until it was time they awoke.
    i can actually agree to that. its close to the discussion when i looked this up in the past but it was on maplestory. they were also talking about natsu and the other dragons being from the past and stuff. so you're close to the mark

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    I don't think Layla fit in the 400 years thing...

I don't think it will go this far " Zeref being Natsu father" more likely Zeref wasn't a villain and in some point he turned evil....

btw was it mentioned how Natsu got the scar on his neck ?

I made an account to this website to reply to this.

Watch the Fairy Tail OVA's on Youtube. Natsu gave himself the Scar, when fighting with Gray. Natsu went back in time, to when natsu and gray were young. Gray won the fight and older natsu got pissed, went down to his former self and shook him up a bit and accidently gave him the scar. LOL

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTail View Post
    I made an account to this website to reply to this.

Watch the Fairy Tail OVA's on Youtube. Natsu gave himself the Scar, when fighting with Gray. Natsu went back in time, to when natsu and gray were young. Gray won the fight and older natsu got pissed, went down to his former self and shook him up a bit and accidently gave him the scar. LOL
    hahahaha. Yeah I know, but when I posted that it was before the OVA. Which was disappointment to me, because I was hoping this scar would have deeper story or meaning than this, but now I'm 100% sure that Natsu is a complete idiot.
    Dreyar Style

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though the scar was something Natsu did to himself, didn't the end show that there was still deep meaning to the scar other than the fact that he gave it to himself?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kauia View Post
    Even though the scar was something Natsu did to himself, didn't the end show that there was still deep meaning to the scar other than the fact that he gave it to himself?
    mmm..yeah I guess, but..

I was hoping it was caused in a past time. When he fought Zeref before or something like this.
    Dreyar Style

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad for us. I, too was expecting for more. It just itches us to know what really happened in the past.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

didn't natsus dragon also have the scar and the anime just added something untrue

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu's dragon did also have the scar. The story behind Natsu's scar is never even hinted at in the manga, but the story for the OVA was co-written by Mashima and I doubt he'd have let a whole story that wasn't correct be animated if he had other plans for it.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    I don't think Layla fit in the 400 years thing...

I don't think it will go this far " Zeref being Natsu father" more likely Zeref wasn't a villain and in some point he turned evil....

btw was it mentioned how Natsu got the scar on his neck ?
    yeah, it mentioned. It's on FAIRYTAIL OVA 3

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

How else do you intend to explain:
    Gérard mentioning Natsu being the Dragon Child.
    Grandine saying to Igneel that he's always getting into trouble (referring to Natsu)
    Natsu and Gajeel not being able to pass the 80 year old restriction made by Friede.
    Natsu knowing Wendy's name but not remembering her from anywhere.
    The prophecy about the 3 DS made by Porlyusca.
    Guildartz stating something about Natsu being the Dragon Child and then implying that someday he too will become a Dragon.
    Zeref knowing Natsu when he's supposed to be sealed for 400 years?

I'm not saying that what I wrote there is what truly happened, but some of those things might've happened.

Not an order order, but a group of friends, a guild of sorts with only them. Or they indeed belonged to an order that someone created and they were protecting someone.

It's much more plausible for me, than Zeref being Natsu's father.
    its simple really the person who sealed Zeref away chose Natsu to be the next dragon child with future seeing magic maybe. when Zeref was sealed he was told the only person who will be able to destroy you is the dragon child his name is Natsu. Natsu is the dragon child because he can do what other dragon slayers cannot; he can eat other elements and he absorbs the elements to boost his fire magic without dangerous side-effects. Hopefully when and if they make the final bit this will become clear. (note they left it on a big cliff hanger Romeo waiting on the port somethings gotta happen Zeref's dragon is still flying about) also Zeref most likely was given those powers unwillingly like a curse from birth ordeal which would make sence why he wants to die so badly he hurt and killed those he cared most about....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How else do you intend to explain:
    Gérard mentioning Natsu being the Dragon Child.
    Grandine saying to Igneel that he's always getting into trouble (referring to Natsu)
    Natsu and Gajeel not being able to pass the 80 year old restriction made by Friede.
    Natsu knowing Wendy's name but not remembering her from anywhere.
    The prophecy about the 3 DS made by Porlyusca.
    Guildartz stating something about Natsu being the Dragon Child and then implying that someday he too will become a Dragon.
    Zeref knowing Natsu when he's supposed to be sealed for 400 years?

I'm not saying that what I wrote there is what truly happened, but some of those things might've happened.

Not an order order, but a group of friends, a guild of sorts with only them. Or they indeed belonged to an order that someone created and they were protecting someone.

It's much more plausible for me, than Zeref being Natsu's father.
    Bro, Dragon slayer magic is an ancient art. If you guys want to get technical about everything then here's my response.
    Anything relating to him being a dragon (dragon child), obviously bro. He was a human raised by a dragon, henceforth the dragons child.
    Natsu and Gajeel are both using ancient magic (dragon slayer magic). The 80 year old restriction field may have not allowed them passage because in this show your magic is virtually covering your body, because the magic is so old they could not pass through.
    Porlyusicas prophecy is only about three dragon slayers joining the guild. Those three were most likely Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy. Her prophecy was nothing special.
    If you got far enough in the manga or anime, you would know about dragon force which changess their skin to scales basically, and increases their power to that of a dragons or beyond. And finally, there is something called rumors bro. Zeref probably just heard stories of natus power and thought that he was his key to salvation, fairy tail was all over the newspaper in their anime bro.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked throuh the newer manga chapters and itnlooks as if they were the founders of the fairy tail guild so that was one of the reasons why zeref was on tenroujima but. I dont get how natsu fits in because it shows maevis and zeref and a 3rd who shows up later in the manga so zeref maevis and the 3rd person were the people who started the fairy tail guild. well thats how I see it buts its only my opinion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vala Ghost's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What some people seem to be forgetting is that Zeref cannot just know Natsu because of rumors, when he first sees Natsu during the S class test he says "Natsu, you've grown" implying that he knew Natsu when he was younger. His words hear fit perfectly with the idea that Zeref is his father, which I think would be interesting, although there are still a number of different meanings and a number of different ways Natsu and Zeref can be related. If it is true that Natsu was alive 400 years ago and became reincarnated or lost his memories, then Zeref could mean that Natsu has grown in power since they last saw each other.

I believe that some key details will be revealed during the time of the Dragon King festival, mentioned by Grandeeney earlier in the series. I looked it up and the festival is supposed to be the gathering of the dragons and their king (or dragons, humans and demons) , that may have started because of the war against dragons. Apparently, the Grand Magic Games were also once called the Dragon King festival so the the time of the Games probably corresponds with the original festival, though since that has already happened I'm assuming that sometime after the next arc or so the Dragon King Festival will occur--but that's slightly off topic.

So, in short I feel that some important things will be revealed soon, though I don't think it will be the relationship between Natsu and Zeref just yet. I do hope that it will the father-son relationship, but you never now, there are some very good ideas on this thread.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Relationship between Natsu and Zeref

This is my theory...Most of it not based on much facts, basically just what I think might happen..and wouldnt be all that bad..

I believe that Natsu is the END demon, and that he was created by Zeref...And sometime in that time Igneel fought END, prob but up a good fight, but wasnt able to defeat him. Zeref and Acno one and the same, but split up. However Zeref didnt get completely "good" after the split. Zeref then split the evil parts of Natsu up, maybe into the 9 demon gates? Understanding that END is the only thing that can stop Acno/Zeref. Anyways, Zeref and Igneel agrees that its impossible for Natsu to grow up in this era and end up being a good guy. So they send him into the future using the gate. And Igneel raises him.

I might not have been very clear in my explanation but, for those of you who did understand that...Thumps up!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Boomjc's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay have a hypothesis would make sense if you think about it. I believe that Zeref is Romeo all grown up it is very possible they look a lot alike. that would explain the relationship between him and Natus. it's pretty clear that time travel is possible so after Romeo gets possessed he goes back in time 400 years. End is what possesses Romeo this is also explain how He ended up on fairytale sacred ground and the fact that he didn't know it was the sacred ground Romeo has never been there. But that is just my hypothesis.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast