Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner d_ace_shines's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

At least it's looks like really 5 meters tall..
    *and that drill in the head too
    lol

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a loose theory that I think would fit that place if it will be confirmed at least to some degree.

I think that maybe Ivankow meet Crocodile during his rookie years and Crocodile wasnt Okama himself but he was a deck hand, slave on Okama pirate ship and thats how he started as pirate Nobody is recognizing him now because he was forced to wear makeup by his capitan like all okamas of the crew, nobody beside Ivankov that probably had contacted his capitan for some reason- tea party or meeting of some kind, about Okama stuff. Young Crocodile would be painted like sad/angry mime- if I was Oda I would do it this way How this would be his weakness or is connected to it? I have no idea

Its clear that Crocodile has connection with Okamas- Ivankov knows him, he had strong okama in his organisation as Mr 2, he has very strong pride so him being deck hand, slave on some Okamas pirate ship would be embarrassing fact. I dont think that his gender was changed by Ivankow, it would be to easy to guess for Oda.
    Even Baroque Works/ Crocodiles Jolly Roger had Okama-like wings. Purple-pink ones. With two crossed swords/ spades Maybe that points to somethung else.. we will see if Oda will push series to some more adult, tabu subjects for many.
    Spoiler show

So who knows maybe Crocodile is using his previous Capitan Jolly Roger? Or being with okamas rubbed on him in some ways

"In SBS Volume 56, a fan asked Oda why Crocodile was wearing his own clothes since he was still in prisoner clothes after he's released, Oda replied that he went to Newkama Land and got his clothes from there." just to add to his connections to Okamas.
    Maybe Oda used some elements from Capitan Hook designing Sandman. Maybe real corocodile eaten his Okama capitan and thats why he named himself Crocodile, praised them- having few of those as pets in Alabasta, even had ship with Crocodile theme.
    Spoiler show

Maybe he stuffed his capitans killer- crocodile that we can see on his rainmaker. Capitan Hook from Disneys movie "Hook" that aired in 1991 had stuffed crocodile as memento, crocodile that has eaten his hand.
    When it comes to Mr 0 hand, I see two possibilities- he lost in in fight with Whitebeard and gotten that nasty scar on his face in same fight or he still has it but uses hook as a standard all time weapon.
    Last edited by vagabond87; March 01, 2013 at 06:48 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...1/c196/12.html here please read it says that zoro cut through metal but was asked that the next time will he cut through diamond
    i think it foreshadows zoro's power will increase tremendously after wano arc
    zoro will be about to cut through diamond

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...1/c196/12.html here please read it says that zoro cut through metal but was asked that the next time will he cut through diamond
    There is a popular theory going around in the fandom that Mr1´s diamond statement could be a foreshadowing of Shiliew getting Jozu´s fruit and using it against Zoro in the Blackbeard arc

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    That fight is absolutely fantastic, mainly because of the way Zoro prepares himself to give his final slash, which is this one:

Spoiler show

the previous panels depict what I would like to call, the spiritual preparation to gain the power of cutting through metal:

Spoiler show

.. in the first of these two pages, at the bottom, Zoro firslty hears the metal, and then transfers his thoughts to his sword, softly brushes the palm without cutting it, and with the same move cuts the stone in two... Such remarkable panels.

It was discussed if that was the posterior CoA, and if hearing the metal was some kind of CoO. We don't know if will could work like that when imbues the armament in an object. I would prefer this not to be neither kind of haki, but a different kind of tech.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 14, 2013 at 06:48 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the newest episode which ended with Law taking Smoker´s heart. Watching the episode, i noticed something that i not really thought about much after reading the manga chapter, namely what Law said while preparing "MES". "There are some things you can´t see without changing your standing a little" which perfectly connects with what Aokiji said at the end of the PH arc "Even without Marine affiliation, one can accomplish many things. And there are many things that become clear after leaving the Marines behind". I think both are a foreshadowing of Smoker leaving the Marines at one point.

12. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just gonna put it out there, i don't have the time, or the effort, to do all the razzle dazzle links-well cause what i have to say doesn't require them.

Has Anyone else Notice that So far Each Island the SHs have gone to seem to be....specialized towards characters;
    Fishman Island/Luffy(making fishman/merpeople accept humans)
    PH/Chopper(medical island/kids saved)
    Derossa/Sanji? beautiful women/food

and then there are assumed islands to visit
    elfba/usoppu
    wa no kuni/zoro
    raftel/robin

as for brook, franky, and Nami idk.... but i think this is a solid "foreshadowing" on Oda's part. as if each island visited puts the characters one step closer to their dreams/goals

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangapanda.com/103-48478-...apter-578.html

please read this chapter carefully
    akoji says sorry to jimbei at the bottom of theright hand corner. This means although Akoji was following orders he didnt want luffy to die. now this page and akoji's treatment to robin in her flashback foreshadows akoji leaving the marines
    i suspect he is not the only one - it is likely that garp and sengoku will leave soon due to future actions.

it raises the question why does magma boy want luffy die and considered him dangerous

in my opinion dragon has links to the marine

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Because he follows the "Lazy Justice", probably knows Jinbe personally, his dreams and goal to keep an island save of pirates. It's not suprising for Kuzan to be sorry for having to follow orders for action he would likely not execute himself if he had control over the marines/ proceedings.

Akainu on the other hand was depicted as a bloodthristy marine, of course he would like to see the blood of the person who started the biggest disaster[the start of the new pirate age] vanish from earth.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the next gear luffy is going to use is probably goin to make him a giant. http://www.mangareader.net/103-2612-...apter-505.html
    now in this chapter he says this is the arm of a giant.

in this they say that lufffy is a giant - http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/704/14

also in the z film luffy becomes a giant due to lilly eaten the Mini Mini no Mi. lily used the fruit to grow inside luffy in order to burst them up.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Lily_Enstomach

it seems that all of tihs foreshadows luffy's next gear as a giant which will prove to those who think luffy as a giant to be a giant#

in this sense luffy can use the giant gear to defeat JB without revealing his secret

this can fit with the whole theme of giants when the sh visits the island of the giants

ussop becomes the leader of the giants if true then most ly that island will be luffy's territory

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mugiwara no Max @AP made a great post about many Alice in Wonderland references within OP.

Quote Quote:
    This idea has been briefly mentioned, but I believe that Oda’s theme basis for the upcoming arc will be Lewis Carroll’s books ‘Alice's Adventures in Wonderland’ and ‘Through the Looking-Glass’. In my opinion Oda has already given us a lot of hints!!
    Here are a few parallels that I have noticed so far:
    Big Mom- bears many similarities to the Queen of Hearts, including:
    -A very quick temper, is fast to sentence people to death
    -A great love for sweets
    -Queen of Hearts' subjects are mainly animals (ie- SMILE armies)
    Big Mom is also fond of tea parties which feature prominently in ‘Alice's Adventures in Wonderland’.
    Underworld- “Wonderland”. In the books, Wonderland was accessed via a rabbit hole and seemed like a strange underworld.
    Playing Cards- ‘Alice's Adventures in Wonderland’ uses playing cards as imagery throughout the story. The sequel ‘Through the Looking-Glass’ does a similar thing using a game of chess.
    Gigantism via food- Alice inadvertently eats cake which causes her to grow to giant size. There is also a drink which causes Alice to shrink, and a mushroom which also affects size. In Carroll’s books, this also relates to position in the food chain and fear of being eaten, which could obviously relate to Big Mom.
    Law- Could easily be compared to the Knave of Hearts, who is later made to stand trial for stealing the Queen’s Tarts (ie- stealing the supply of SMILEs from Big Mom?).
    Doflamingo- The Queen of Hearts plays Croquet using flamingos in place of mallets.
    Buffalo- Looks very much like the grinning Cheshire cat with a floating ability. [edit: He even lost his head. ]
    Bobin- Looks quite like Tweedledum or Tweedledee.
    Pekoms- Seems quite similar to the Mock Turtle, who is seen with a Gryphon (which has Lion parts too).
    Tomago- Alice meets Humpty Dumpty in ‘Through the Looking-Glass’.

On top of these similarities, Carroll used a lot of literary techniques that Oda himself uses such as symbolism, wordplay/puns, cultural references and nonsensical humor. Obviously these are early signs and a lot more parallels will be shown I’m sure. There are probably a lot that I have missed!
    Tony Jass's fire kick from Ong Back, inspiration for some of Sanji's attacks?

thanks to Sleepwalker@AP for the tin soldier reference:

Hans Christian Andersen's The Steadfast Tin Soldier is represented by the little bugging toy soldier who's with Franky right now.

Wouldn't it be funny if Vilolet and he come in love at the end, because Sanji got to lose her at one point. :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 10, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Foreshadowing:

Coby will defeat Luffy?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

More like being capable to hit, as he tried to do at Water 7, or was he even capable to at that stage?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky Shogun Foreshadowing or
    (Luffy, Zoro and Nami will also get a Robot)

Spoiler show

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast