Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 240

Thread: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

  1. #196
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Though at first, I thought it could have been the mole lady... though I dunno if Impel Down prisoners are ever released.


    Mole lady wouldn't be on level 5 of Impel Down. Though, the like of Chinjao can be on level 6 or level 5 (since he is stronger than Crocodile but he on about the same tier with Ivankov. Thank gosh, that Luffy fighting evenly with Chinjao that meant he could at least put up a struggle against the top tier of One Piece.

  2. #197
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    PR
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    So, I was re-reading the Sabaody Archipelago Arc and noticed that Oda clearly foreshadowed Doflamingo and his production of ''Smiles''.
    Last panel: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2611-...apter-504.html

    And that was about 150 chapters before Punk Hazard was introduced.

  3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #198
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) still here
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    Quote Originally Posted by kelv015 View Post
    So, I was re-reading the Sabaody Archipelago Arc and noticed that Oda clearly foreshadowed Doflamingo and his production of ''Smiles''.
    Last panel: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2611-...apter-504.html

    And that was about 150 chapters before Punk Hazard was introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadDogg View Post
    Hey, I just realized that Dofla has been making smiles for at least 2 years.

    He mentioned it to Disco on SA.
    Sorry you are a bit late.
    Firm but Fair

  5. #199
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) still here
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    Ms. Wednesday = Vivi, the person they are talking to.
    Firm but Fair

  6. #200
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    Robin is Miss all sunday... Robin joining the crew is one of the more surprise events in One Piece.

  7. #201
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    I've been thinking about something. Since Franky burned the blueprints for Pluton, he's the only one who knows how to rebuild it, right? Well, what if he incorporated some of the features for Pluton into the Thousand Sunny?

  8. #202
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    El Dorado
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    I've been thinking about something. Since Franky burned the blueprints for Pluton, he's the only one who knows how to rebuild it, right? Well, what if he incorporated some of the features for Pluton into the Thousand Sunny?
    Pluton has been described as a massive ship. It makes more sense to me that in term of size that The Oro Jackson were Pluton. Tom-San had also owned the blueprints to the ship and I don't see why he wouldn't have included the specs for Pluton in it.

    IMO. I think that either a complete/incomplete Pluton exists somewhere in the NW. In Alabastra Crocodile was searching for specific poneglyph that had details to its location. Its has also been stated that he had been in the New World before but retreated to the grand line after losing to Whitebeard.

    My theory is that Crocodile had heard rumors about the ship while in the NW and knew the only way he could pinpoint its exact location was through reading the poneglyphs. Once he had taken in Robin he went to Alabastra which was the most likely place of finding more information about it. He would then use the Kingdom as his military base once he had obtained the warship.

    The world government had already placed heavy sanctions on reading poneglyph and most people were oblivious to them. Therefore the only way one would come into contact with Pluton by using the blueprints and this is why they wanted them back.
    I believe Dragon is also searching for it and this is why he is in the NW. I doubt that he has anyone who can read poneglyphs. Therefore as he goes around various kingdoms starting revolutions he also takes his tome searching for it.


  9. #203
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    Maybe we could call this amazing drawing from Luffy a foreshadowing for the Iron Pirate.
    My One Piece Predictions

    Spoiler show

  10. #204
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Country
    India
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    Quote Originally Posted by rosco12 View Post
    Maybe we could call this amazing drawing from Luffy a foreshadowing for the Iron Pirate.
    if somebody is interested in foreshadowings,i don't understand why won't they read the previous pages.it's definitely more fun than pointing out something which everyone already knows.no harm intended.
    the artist reveals and i revel.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #205
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    We will see the Criminal's country. I think it is near Wado, as Oars Jr was wearing a Japanese hat. Ryuumi also killed a dragon as there are many lengendary beasts near Wado.

  13. #206
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    England
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    I think sabo's alive and olivia is alive - http://www.mangareader.net/103-2504-...apter-397.html
    it is possible that olivia's colleagues scarficed their lives for her
    Also, Olivia may be working with Dragon hence the reason why the revoluutionaires are serious about protecting her.

    In my opinion Sabo and her are all working for Dragon, hence a big reunion is due for the SHs. I can imagine Sanji making a proposal to Robin in fornt of her mother. Classic funny Sanji moment

    Thanks to khaja_200923

    Thread - http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-on-the-island

  14. #207
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) still here
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    Robin was working with the Revolutionaries for two years, she would have met her mother or learned from her being alive if she was so.

    Moderator message by: MiyamotoMusashi
    This thread is about foreshadowings that are already confirmed, not about things that could turn out to be foreshadowings
    Firm but Fair

  15. #208
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    http://www.mangapanda.com/103-2602-1...apter-495.html

    foreshadowing of Luffy getting Conqueror's haki

  16. #209
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    On Top of the World
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Eurus View Post


    Pluton has been described as a massive ship. It makes more sense to me that in term of size that The Oro Jackson were Pluton. Tom-San had also owned the blueprints to the ship and I don't see why he wouldn't have included the specs for Pluton in it.

    IMO. I think that either a complete/incomplete Pluton exists somewhere in the NW. In Alabastra Crocodile was searching for specific poneglyph that had details to its location. Its has also been stated that he had been in the New World before but retreated to the grand line after losing to Whitebeard.

    My theory is that Crocodile had heard rumors about the ship while in the NW and knew the only way he could pinpoint its exact location was through reading the poneglyphs. Once he had taken in Robin he went to Alabastra which was the most likely place of finding more information about it. He would then use the Kingdom as his military base once he had obtained the warship.

    The world government had already placed heavy sanctions on reading poneglyph and most people were oblivious to them. Therefore the only way one would come into contact with Pluton by using the blueprints and this is why they wanted them back.
    I believe Dragon is also searching for it and this is why he is in the NW. I doubt that he has anyone who can read poneglyphs. Therefore as he goes around various kingdoms starting revolutions he also takes his tome searching for it.

    I thought pluton is in alabasta? And a phoneglyph on the grand line was gonna point out were it was hidden in alabasta.

  17. #210
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Awesome Oda Foreshadowing/Recurring Phrases/Images, share!

    I'm not sure if Aokiji voiced his displeasure at Akainu being promoted yet or not, but does this foreshadow Aokiji leaving?

New Reply
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts