Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Song?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Buddy" by Maaya Sakamoto (Last Exile:Ginyoku no Fam OP)

0 0%
  • "Departure" by Masatoshi Ono (Hunter x Hunter OP)

0 0%
  • "Küsö Mesorogiwi" by Yousei Teikoku (Mirai Nikki OP)

1 50.00%
  • "YOUTHFUL" by 99RadioService (Chihayafuru OP)

0 0%
  • "Light My Fire" by KOTOKO (Shakugan no Shana III OP)

0 0%
  • "My Dearest" by supercell (Guilty Crown OP)

1 50.00%
  • "TERMINATED" by Minori Chihara (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon OP)

0 0%
  • "Brain Diver" by May'n (Phi Brain OP)

1 50.00%
  • "Okaerinasa" by Maaya Sakamoto (Tamayura - Hitotose OP)

0 0%
  • "Authentic symphony" by Choucho (Mashiro-Iro Symphony OP)

0 0%
  • "U-n-d-e-r--STANDING!" by SV TRIBE (Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai OP)

0 0%
  • "Dream of Life" by Shouhei Itou (Bakuman Season 2 OP)

0 0%
  • "ByeBye by 7!! (Kimi to Boku OP)

0 0%
  • "Asu e" by Galileo Galilei (Mobile Suit Gundam AGE OP)

1 50.00%
  • "How to go" by School Food Punishment (UN-GO OP)

0 0%
  • "Friends Making Group by Marina Inoue (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai OP)

0 0%
  • "Endless Story" by Yukari Tamura (C3 OP)

0 0%
  • "Oath sign" by LiSA (Fate/Zero OP)

0 0%
  • "LIVE for LIFE" by Manami (Ben-to OP)

0 0%
  • "Freedom" by Masayoshi Minoshima (Battle Spirits: Heroes OP)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply

Thread: J-Music Contest

Kawaii Neko 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

J-Music Contest

Hello everyone!

I would like to introduce you to a new feature we came up with, the J-Music Contest! There you can vote for and discuss your favourite J-Music. It will include different theme's like f. ex. the Rock Theme or your Favourite Opening Song. Every Contest will last for a period of a month and the Song with the most votes will be featured HERE.

The first few themes are already decided but we gladly accept any suggestions/ideas for either songs which should be featured in a specific theme or a suggestion for a new theme.
    Of course any upcoming questions can be asked too!

The first three themes will be:
    • Favourite Opening Song of the Fall Season 2011
    • Favourite of the Oricon J-Pop Charts (most likely a voting between the first 15 songs of the Charts)
    • STAR theme (featuring favourite songs of the staff or artists/translators/reviewers)

[The bold theme's the one currently running.]

You can find the current Contest HERE.

I hope all of you will enjoy this feature! Feel free to spread news about it, every participating member is a welcome enrichment
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 19, 2011 at 09:19 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

J-Music Contest 1#

Welcome everyone to the first J-Music Contest!

Our first theme will feature the Anime Opening Songs of the Fall Season 2011 .
    It's up to you to decide which one is the best of all!

The Voting will consist of two Rounds:

Round 1: Starts from today and will end in two weeks (November the 1st). In this round you can vote for a maximum of 3 songs. The 10 songs with the most votes will continue to the next Round. If there are less than 10 song voted for, only the songs which got at least one vote will continue to the next round.

Round 2: Starts at November the 1st and will end on November the 15th. In this round you can only vote for 1 song. The song with the most votes wins and will be featured HERE.

If you wish to be reminded when a new round starts/an old one ends I can send you a PM. Just say so and I will try my best to inform you on the specific dates.

Of course it's not just about voting, you can discuss the songs to your heart's content and tell us your opinion. Just make sure to stay friendly, any form of bashing/flaming won't be tolerated.

Here's the playlist will all the songs, I hope you will enjoy listening to them~

Please inform me if a song should not work, I will try to find a new link as soon as possible.
    Also there are some things to note:

1. Bakuman Season 2: Very difficult to find a source so the first 30 seconds are actually part of the ep, you should only consider the song who starts around 0:30. Again I will replace it if I find another source.

Edit: Added "real" Guilty Crown OP

And now have fun voting and discussing!

---------- Post added October 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was October 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM ----------

People please start to vote and if you would like to, tell me/us your opinion about your favourite songs!
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 21, 2011 at 05:38 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: J-Music Contest 1#

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    People please start to vote and if you would like to, tell me/us your opinion about your favourite songs!
    That's O.Karaoke Section for ya

But if you want my real opinion. You've posted a list of over 20 songs, which I'm sure 9 out of 10 people don't know, and if you expect them to vote, they should know all of the songs. Now we just use simple math to understand that 20 songs x 3-4 minutes each = 60-80 minutes of wasted time only to listen to new songs.

The idea of this thread is good, but I think you should either make the list smaller, or choose more famous songs for starters. You can still add more later.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    That's O.Karaoke Section for ya

But if you want my real opinion. You've posted a list of over 20 songs, which I'm sure 9 out of 10 people don't know, and if you expect them to vote, they should know all of the songs. Now we just use simple math to understand that 20 songs x 3-4 minutes each = 60-80 minutes of wasted time only to listen to new songs.

The idea of this thread is good, but I think you should either make the list smaller, or choose more famous songs for starters. You can still add more later.
    O. Karaoke need to change

well isn't one of the purposes to get to know songs you don't know? Just throwing in famous songs is kinda boring too. That's why I made a playlist, fairly easy to listen to the unknown songs.
    I would agree about the time part but that's why I only used the openings (most full songs aren't even out yet) so each song is only 1,30 min long, means 26 minutes to listen to all songs. Not that much a problem I suppose, it's not like you need to listen to all of them in a row. Still next time it will have less competitors, could very well be a reason if you don't know that the songs are only 1,30 min long.

Thanks for the advice gamma!

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We should have another J-Music Contest, but this time we should make it about the OP/ED songs of this winter anime season. In fact, I would like to nominate the following song as one of the contenders :

Brave 10 OP
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Winter J-Music/Anison Contest!!

♪ Welcome to the J-Music/Anison Contest!! ♪

Hello everyone!! Welcome to the J-Music/Anison Contest. I am Destiny and I’ll be organizing this contest.

(I don’t know who the author of the fanart is, but if you know his/her name please let me know. I’ll love to give him/her credit for the fanart above)

The new anime season started a few weeks ago, which means that new cool and great anisons (anime songs) were introduced to the music world. The J-Music/Anison Contest will be about those anime songs (OP and ED songs), so come here and nominate your favorite anime song from this winter anime season.

The nomination period will be opened from today until Sunday 12th.

May the best anison win!!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

New Reply