Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Poll renewed since now we have at least the 16 participants as Ging rules estimates. "Other" option added by thread owner, ask him why He decided to put that as well :P
In my case, I stick with my instinct.
I'm still rooting for Biscuit. She has been awfully quiet since the beginning of this election. I don't know if she will win but at some point, I expect her to have some importance.
Hmm, as much as I like Leorio, he isn't someone I'd choose as a chairman. However, he has potential. But I liked really the interaction between him and Morau. So, calm, collected, smart and influencial Morau could refine the the sharp edges of Leorio a little. So what I wish for, is Leorio winning with Moraus support, naming him as the vice chairman. Or alternatively Morau winning, with the electin promise, that he will take Leorio as his vice/apprentice, to train him to be his follower.
No really basis why that would or should happen. I just like the idea. Leorio is definetly and interesting wild card as of now. But I wish some other TOP16 hunters would also get some spotlight. Step up and campaing for themselves. Not too many of them though, I'd like the election to finnish some day too.
(Btw, feel free to copy the signature and spread some Leorio support )
As much as I like Leorio, I don't think he would be a good chairman.
For one, he's far too weak to be one, as far as we know.
And also, if he's the chairman, he won't be able to do what he wants, he'll be stuck in that role...
I think that he might do pretty well, and might actually manipulate things in the election, but he won't win...
Although, that would be pretty cool!
I don't see why even Netero was a good chairman unless the ability to melt faces better than anyone else automatically makes you a good chairman. It's supposed to be an administrative role. Yes the Hunters do a lot of fighting but clearly the chairman can't possibly go beat up everyone they may have to face. There's nothing to suggest Netero would be an adminstrative/political wiz either. The Zodiac was probably created to help him deal with the more mundane aspect of being a chairman. Of course Leorio lacks political/administrative talent too, but he can just appoint someone who has those talents as vice chairman and spends his time in his private office with the girls of Zodiac. Someone like Chidol, Morel, or even Mr. Beans appear to be quite capable of running all the political/bureaucratic aspect of the association. If strength is that important for being a chairman, they should have had a martial arts tournment determine the winner, not an election.
I'm voting again on Chidl since currently she's the only viable candidate that has a chance of winning. Biscuit was never a good candidate IMO, she might be a good teacher but a chairman? Not really. Leorio probably wouldn't be the best chairman if only for the fact he's too much of a good guy and to lead people you sometimes need to be a prick. Kurapica though, who is mysteriously missing could become a real black horse.
Chidol is the only person who would make a good chairman based on (political) ability not including Pariston. I really got the feeling the next chairman is just going to be someone with a good vision but otherwise spends time partying in his office with girls or something like that, while someone like Chidol does all the grunt work.
I had to think for a long time before finally picking my choice.
I finally picked Morau.
The reason why is that he seems to be a great leader and he's already somewhat important in the story.
I also kinda eliminated everyone for various reasons:
- Parriston is clearly the bad guy here; we know he's most likely the cause of those hunters disappearing
- Cheadle just doesn't cut it for me... She's totally boring and that won't work for a chairman... she could be a great vice-chairman, though...
- Leorio winning would be funny and awesome, but really I can't see how that would happen. He's just not cut for the job and I don't see him behind a desk for the rest of the manga...
- None of the other zodiacs strike me as a potential winner... Maybe the Dragon guy a bit, because he seems to have a lot of experience, but really, I don't think one of them will win...
- I cannot see someone that wasn't introduced yet as the winner (ex: Ickshonpay or Teradin). Unless they are introduce next chapter, there's no way that a nobody will win.
- Biscuit would be a funny choice as well. It would be hilarious and she could somewhat do the job, I think... But, still very unlikely.
- Ging could potentially win, but I don't thin he will, simply because he would be too easy to find if he's the chairman. He needs to be hard to fin otherwise Gon will go straight to him and his "search" will be over too soon... And he doesn't look like he wants the job anyway...
Last edited by THM Nindo; November 19, 2011 at 01:13 AM.
I was thinking that maybe Kurapica was using a fake name so that Genei Ryodan wouldn't know he was one of the candidates but that wouldn't make sense for various reasons. Firstly, because no one would know him he wouldn't get much votes besides hunters that would vote randomly. Secondly because I believe a candidate must use his real name. Thirdly, because I doubt he would even want to twin and attract attention. Still there is a very small chance that:
- these two will turn out to be people we know - hopefully not because Togashi would be making a plot-twist for the sake of plot-twists and it wouldn't make sense (see: Code Geass for example)
- these two will turn out to be people we heard before or are connected to the story some other way by being affiliated with main characters - that could work I think, there must be someone who was mentioned but we haven't seen or some Zoldyck living outside of the mountain or maybe Netero's/Hisoka's brother/sister/son/daughter
Dunno but for me botosai seems like the best choice. He is the only one that has a presidential feel to him IMO. He is the only one that seems to have seniority among the zodiac given what pariston said.
Gin does not want the job, he merely wants things to go his way. He does not want to influence the result by cheating the election as far as we know but he is willing to take action so that things do go his way. Can't be sure on whether he planned the leorio thing though.
Still voting for Teradin?
Absolutely. He's NEUTRAL and He's a Head Hunter. It's an old man and searches for talented people. More appropriate is almost impossible :P
I had some time to waste, so I thought of doing a post presenting every one of the 16 candidates for the Chairman position...
Last edited by THM Nindo; November 25, 2011 at 01:32 PM.