Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pariston

20 32.26%
  • Chidol

8 12.90%
  • Leorio

28 45.16%
  • Botobai

2 3.23%
  • Mizaistom

1 1.61%
  • Ickshonpay

2 3.23%
  • Teradin

2 3.23%
  • Morau

5 8.06%
  • Saccho

1 1.61%
  • Biscuit

4 6.45%
  • Sanbika

1 1.61%
  • Rinne

1 1.61%
  • Loupe

1 1.61%
  • Bushidora

1 1.61%
  • Cutie

1 1.61%
  • Ging

2 3.23%
  • Other (Twist!)

4 6.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's going to win the election?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to win the election?

I bet my money on Morau too. He really is a suitable candidate of becoming Chairman, who gets the job done like he said last chapter. And his students probably don't need his guidance anymore. Since he survived mankinds biggest threat, while he wasn't in a perfect condition. I'm pretty sure that he'll overcome the issues of being the Chairman of Hunter Association.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I bet my money on Morau too. He really is a suitable candidate of becoming Chairman, who gets the job done like he said last chapter. And his students probably don't need his guidance anymore. Since he survived mankinds biggest threat, while he wasn't in a perfect condition. I'm pretty sure that he'll overcome the issues of being the Chairman of Hunter Association.
    The problem with Morel is when does he gets his triple star, since he started out as a single. I assume they didn't say 'he could become a triple star' and then the answer turn out 'oops guess that wasn't enough'. But there's still a timing issue. Right now he's still only a single star and probably don't have the fame to convince the random guys to join him. If he gets his promotion before the next round that'd help him greatly. I don't think he's well-known at this point to go deep against the field.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, based on the last chapter I have to go for two people. Either botobai or teradin neutral.

Botobai is the man closest to the chairman and if there is any merit to his description box he is likely the strongest hunter in the association. He has a presidential feel to him to say the least.

Teradin seems like a good candidate too. If he is any good at spotting talent them perhaps it would make sense to make him president, the association could become that much more efficient at admitting specially talented people who could lose their chance to becoming hunters for purely circumstantial reasons. If there is any merit to his box description, he is the one that could make the most good to the organization, more so that chidol and perhaps botobai.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fevrier's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Off the Teradin comments, I'm definitely interested in him now we see his mini-bio about reforming the selection process... The Hunter exam always struck me as a somewhat random, not to mention unconscionably brutal. There must be some political repercussions to letting candidates murder each other without consequences, even if the Hunter organization has enough firepower no one wants to mess with it. Still, the fights and survival games have a lot of luck involved, and there's not much focus on non-combat special talents.

However, Teradin looks very Hollywood agent-esque, so I'm a little afraid his reforms might mean turning the exam into some sort of TV idol spectacle, some sort of publicity stunt that puts more emphasis on popularity. That's just speculation based on his character design, tho.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that everyone was shown, do you think we will see them all in the manga.
    It would be interesting to have some of them doing a campain, trying to get vote, etc.

Right now, it seems more likely that next week (or the one after), we will get the new results and half of them will be gone before we even got the chance to see them

I would like to see the election process, with people trying to win votes by any meaning, trash talking the others, etc...
    At some point, we will have to go deeper anyway, 'cause Pariston's role in the disappearance of the hunters will certainly be revealed before the end of the elections...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Teradin. He seems like a typical politician who promises good things during the pre-election. Then when the elections are over, his agendas radically change or fails to keep his promise.

As much as I'd like Morau or Biscuit to win, they're up against more known characters with greater political influence.

I still see Leorio as comical relief for the election.

I feel that an underdog will win nonetheless. That's just how Togashi does things ;D

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually see Pariston as the Politician and Teradin as the old gentleman. Don't know why, but I imagine him being the most nice and polite old man. After all discovering talents is something that you do humbly.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

From the point of view of making the plot interesting, my choices would be no president or pariston or leorio.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Teradin seems like a guy with a good idea but not necessarily how to implement them. How will you change the Hunter test to weed out people like Ilumi? He pretty much behaved throughout the contest. Is he going to run a background check on everyone? Put in a test to judge character, perhaps something like the first part of Naruto's equivalent exam? But really you think someone like Ilumi can't figure out if you've a scenario where you got to make an unreasonable sacrifice that the purpose of the contest is to see who would make that sacrifice?

I'm sure if he wins the election he'll do what he claims to do, but it's not clear to me how anything will actually change since he's basically proposing somehow knowing the true nature of everyone who's at the test.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    From the point of view of making the plot interesting, my choices would be no president or pariston or leorio.
    Yeah, I regret not putting the choice "No chairman" in the poll.

Especially after the last chapter where it was said that Teradin, Lupe and Bushidora were are all part of a faction "for getting rid of the position of chairman".

http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/328/19

So, technically, if any of those three wins, they might get rid of the position of chairman...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Yeah, I regret not putting the choice "No chairman" in the poll.

Especially after the last chapter where it was said that Teradin, Lupe and Bushidora were are all part of a faction "for getting rid of the position of chairman".

http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/328/19

So, technically, if any of those three wins, they might get rid of the position of chairman...
    There's a discussion in the chapter threads but I think the 'no chairman' is a poor choice. Looking at the word used they're more like the 'out there' faction and the 'no chairman' is close to 'nowhere near the belief of chairman' as opposed to 'nobody should be chairman'. If they don't want to be chairman, why are they running for it? Norton doesn't want to be the chairman and she declared she doesn't want people to vote for her.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Teradin seems like a guy with a good idea but not necessarily how to implement them. How will you change the Hunter test to weed out people like Ilumi? He pretty much behaved throughout the contest. Is he going to run a background check on everyone? Put in a test to judge character, perhaps something like the first part of Naruto's equivalent exam? But really you think someone like Ilumi can't figure out if you've a scenario where you got to make an unreasonable sacrifice that the purpose of the contest is to see who would make that sacrifice?
    He's a Head Hunter. I'm sure He does have some talent in finding and judging people.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If they don't want to be chairman, why are they running for it?
    Every Hunter was a candidate, and therefore "running" for president. If they want reform, then being in charge is the best way to do that. If they're as selfless as they purport to be, then this would include the removal of the position of chairmen.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Every Hunter was a candidate, and therefore "running" for president. If they want reform, then being in charge is the best way to do that. If they're as selfless as they purport to be, then this would include the removal of the position of chairmen.
    If you've to be chairman to pitch a 'no chairman' position that kind of defeats your position in the first place.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    He's a Head Hunter. I'm sure He does have some talent in finding and judging people.
    You'd literally have to have an extensive background check on every one who applied to the Hunter exam because otherwise it might be too late by the time the exam starts. Even if you try to restrict to only promising candidates the number of those guys is still staggering. Of course he probably has ideas. But finding 'good people' for Hunter is like looking for world peace. It'll never quite work like that, especially when you consider there's a lot of people who only become a Hunter because of the benefits.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If you've to be chairman to pitch a 'no chairman' position that kind of defeats your position in the first place.
    Yep, but if it's the easiest/only way to do it successfully...

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast