Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pariston

20 32.26%
  • Chidol

8 12.90%
  • Leorio

28 45.16%
  • Botobai

2 3.23%
  • Mizaistom

1 1.61%
  • Ickshonpay

2 3.23%
  • Teradin

2 3.23%
  • Morau

5 8.06%
  • Saccho

1 1.61%
  • Biscuit

4 6.45%
  • Sanbika

1 1.61%
  • Rinne

1 1.61%
  • Loupe

1 1.61%
  • Bushidora

1 1.61%
  • Cutie

1 1.61%
  • Ging

2 3.23%
  • Other (Twist!)

4 6.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Who's going to win the election?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to win the election?

Leorio is obviously grossly underqualified to be the chairman in terms of experience. If he talked about anythng other than Gon's recovery, it'd simply reveal his lack of experience and make his position look worse. It's not like he's going to reveal a great vision to improve the Hunter's Association.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I don't think is his pokerface or his natural expression, but He's genuinely smiling because HE KNOWS how to do this shit.
    Agree.

Pariston may have been surprised by Cheadle telling everyone to vote for Leorio
    but I don't think he was stumped. He just wasn't expecting Cheadle to act that way
    since he probably thought Cheadle wanted to win the election herself or perhaps
    even have people vote for Ox.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Pariston obviously, or we won't get a darn cool plot for the next arc, or in the future...
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Leorio is obviously grossly underqualified to be the chairman in terms of experience. If he talked about anythng other than Gon's recovery, it'd simply reveal his lack of experience and make his position look worse. It's not like he's going to reveal a great vision to improve the Hunter's Association.
    Lol Of course he's undergualified. xD But the one's supporting him could've talked about this matter and so on...they would've had a "CHANCE", but now they're pretty much doomed.
    And Leorio's lack of ...pretty much anything in terms of being a chairman will make him look like an idiot when Pariston reveals Gon's healthy.
    I could imagine Leorio just running to the hospital right after hearing about Gon's condition and not caring one bit about the elction anymore. That would be Pariston's epic win and the others are left without votes, because Leorio just leaves the whole Association for a personal matter. Something like this could be said about him.

I guess I'll wait and see what Togashi prepared for us next week. :]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Andrew~ View Post
    Lol Of course he's undergualified. xD But the one's supporting him could've talked about this matter and so on...they would've had a "CHANCE", but now they're pretty much doomed.
    And Leorio's lack of ...pretty much anything in terms of being a chairman will make him look like an idiot when Pariston reveals Gon's healthy.
    I could imagine Leorio just running to the hospital right after hearing about Gon's condition and not caring one bit about the elction anymore. That would be Pariston's epic win and the others are left without votes, because Leorio just leaves the whole Association for a personal matter. Something like this could be said about him.

I guess I'll wait and see what Togashi prepared for us next week. :]
    Leorio basically is running on a 'save my friend' slogan. But obviously he has no experience to back it up. He doesn't even know how to save his friend. It'd be like if I run for president on a slogan like 'no more taxes' and maybe people thought that's awesome and support me, but if I actually have to talk about how that can possibly work out, of course I'd end up looking like a fool. Leorio probably doesn't even know what sub organizations are in the Hunter's Association right now, let alone being able to come up with a cohesive plan to lead the organization. The only thing Leorio might be able to talk about is say he wants a world where expensive medical surgeries can be done for free, but like he already knows, that kind of stuff is basically crazy talk because you need crazy amount of money to pull it off.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Leorio basically is running on a 'save my friend' slogan. But obviously he has no experience to back it up. He doesn't even know how to save his friend. It'd be like if I run for president on a slogan like 'no more taxes' and maybe people thought that's awesome and support me, but if I actually have to talk about how that can possibly work out, of course I'd end up looking like a fool. Leorio probably doesn't even know what sub organizations are in the Hunter's Association right now, let alone being able to come up with a cohesive plan to lead the organization. The only thing Leorio might be able to talk about is say he wants a world where expensive medical surgeries can be done for free, but like he already knows, that kind of stuff is basically crazy talk because you need crazy amount of money to pull it off.
    Yeah, thats right.

If he becomes the Chairman then he'll be a mere marionette and Cheadle (and Co.) would be the supporter/the one pulling the strings.

I still guess that my prediction is good, because Leorio's reaction after hearing about Gon's regeneration is obvious at this point.

He's very impulsive and he doesn't even care about the relationship eachother has in the Zodiac Twelve nor does he know about it (Or like you said: "Leorio probably doesn't even know what sub organizations are in the Hunter's Association right now, let alone being able to come up with a cohesive plan to lead the organization") . And running away Leorio would leave an Election in progress with Pariston in charge, again.

That's my point. And that's what most people are thinking anyway, right?
    Pariston will win, if no one has a trump card to play.
    And me saying Leorio is/will be looking like a fool doesn't imply that I see him as such, but rather that Pariston will make one out of him. Just in case someone got it wrong (because of what I said in my last posting). :]

I think that's it or did I miss something?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actualy even if Leorio talks about whatever he knows about politics and end up looking like a fool, it might not even be that important. It's kind of like how people said Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for being 'Not Bush'. Obviously most people are voting for him just because he's not Pariston and not a Zodiac (Teradin's faction is anti-Zodiac). He's not going to impress anyone on the politics end, but I really doubt people are voting for him because they actually think Leorio will be anything more than a puppet.

Pariston talked about how one of the quality should be 'is this someone you can trust?' Of course you can trust Leorio. The worst that can possibly happen is he gets in some sexual scandals with women. People obviously don't trust Pariston, and a lot of people don't even trust the Zodiac. But you can certainly trust Leorio because it's clear he doesn't have any ulterior motives.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the "save my friend" slogan...

Why do so many people seem to care about Gon's health? Ok, I mean I know Gon was popular in his Hunter Exam and for the most part he seems generally
    liked. But I don't think Gon has actually met all 600+ hunters or even close to it. Maybe 100 hunters but not 600. So why do voters care if Gon gets better?
    I mean sure it's a noble cause but then why just Gon? Why must all that resources go to one kid who might not even make it instead of many kids who
    WOULD make it if they had money for the right treatment. So Gon would have to be rather important to all those Hunters voting for Leorio.
    Was Gon always this important or did perhaps he gain popularity majorly after fighting the Chimera Ants?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Speaking of the "save my friend" slogan...

Why do so many people seem to care about Gon's health? Ok, I mean I know Gon was popular in his Hunter Exam and for the most part he seems generally
    liked. But I don't think Gon has actually met all 600+ hunters or even close to it. Maybe 100 hunters but not 600. So why do voters care if Gon gets better?
    I mean sure it's a noble cause but then why just Gon? Why must all that resources go to one kid who might not even make it instead of many kids who
    WOULD make it if they had money for the right treatment. So Gon would have to be rather important to all those Hunters voting for Leorio.
    Was Gon always this important or did perhaps he gain popularity majorly after fighting the Chimera Ants?
    Have you seen those stories about say a child with a terminal disease wishes to meet say, a famous athlete? Why should the famous athlete care that a dying child wants to meet him? Why should you care this dying child got his wish? Yet they show stuff like that on TV because people clearly do care even though you presumably have absolutely no idea who the child is. It's one of those feel good stories that people can rally behind. It's similar to how people tend to root for the underdog. If a candidate for presidency got shot but recovered, people usually rally behind that guy. Why should you care that a candidate got shot? It's not like getting shot improves his ability to lead (in fact it can only worsen it), but people support that guy because there's some human tendency to support the underdog.

It's not the fact that Gon is a celebrity amongst the Hunter world (all of Gon's friends would probably vote for Leorio just knowing he's a close friend anyway) that gets him support.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing here is not saving or not saving Gon, but that Leorio proved that He had the needed attitude. He did not won the Hunters due pity, but for his ressolve to use HxH Association for whatever thing He need, the fact that He NEEDS every hunter to achieve that.

It's not the speech, it's the meaning that lies beyond that which made Leorio gain all those votes.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen those stories about say a child with a terminal disease wishes to meet say, a famous athlete? Why should the famous athlete care that a dying child wants to meet him? Why should you care this dying child got his wish? Yet they show stuff like that on TV because people clearly do care even though you presumably have absolutely no idea who the child is. It's one of those feel good stories that people can rally behind. It's similar to how people tend to root for the underdog. If a candidate for presidency got shot but recovered, people usually rally behind that guy. Why should you care that a candidate got shot? It's not like getting shot improves his ability to lead (in fact it can only worsen it), but people support that guy because there's some human tendency to support the underdog.

It's not the fact that Gon is a celebrity amongst the Hunter world (all of Gon's friends would probably vote for Leorio just knowing he's a close friend anyway) that gets him support.
    I don't think your comparison works. With the athlete they use their own resources to visit the child with the terminal illness. In Leorio's case he's asking for help to heal Gon.
    Leorio is basically admitting he can't save Gon on his own but that he needs help.
    The athlete can help on their own. Leorio can't. Leorio needs help. Even the candidate
    getting shot is a triumph story and against all odds. Leorio is just admitting defeat.

The only way I could see it working is that people just admire Leorio's honesty.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    I don't think your comparison works. With the athlete they use their own resources to visit the child with the terminal illness. In Leorio's case he's asking for help to heal Gon.
    Leorio is basically admitting he can't save Gon on his own but that he needs help.
    The athlete can help on their own. Leorio can't. Leorio needs help. Even the candidate
    getting shot is a triumph story and against all odds. Leorio is just admitting defeat.

The only way I could see it working is that people just admire Leorio's honesty.
    The Make-a-wish and similar stuff are all done by organizations. It's not like famous people just randomly read on the Internet to hear about someone who wants to see them before they die. There's clearly a bunch of people involved to make all this stuff happen. They obviously aren't doing it because they personally know the people involved, but rather they do it because it feels like the right thing to do.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Make-a-wish and similar stuff are all done by organizations. It's not like famous people just randomly read on the Internet to hear about someone who wants to see them before they die. There's clearly a bunch of people involved to make all this stuff happen. They obviously aren't doing it because they personally know the people involved, but rather they do it because it feels like the right thing to do.

Either that or it is good publicity. Though I do imagine some are sincerely just trying to help.

It's like this. If Presidential Candidate X had an entire campaign of "When I become President I will use all my resources to save random child with cancer." I don't
    think they would get very far. Sure, saving a random child with cancer is a noble cause
    but you don't need to be president to do that nor will being president necessarily do that.
    Besides, many children have cancer why just that one? Or what about kids with other
    diseases? Plus if the Presidential Candidate X is solely concerned with saving a random
    child with cancer he will slack off on other important areas---like national defense.
    People may be stupid and easily moved but I don't think they are THAT stupid and
    easily moved. I think the Presidential Candidate X would need to convince people
    he had SOME level of competence and I think the same goes for the Hunter Association
    Chairman.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7