Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

5 4.20%
  • 2 (Boring)

10 8.40%
  • 3 (Regular)

14 11.76%
  • 4 (Good)

55 46.22%
  • 5 (Epic!)

35 29.41%
New Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 644 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member monkey D luffy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 644 Discussion / 645 Prediction

anyway now that thats out of the way lets discuss the chapter
    i really loved the flashback. it showed us exectly what i wanted to see, hody and the other NFP are a bunch of shits thats would kill they own people because they helped other species... too bad though, young hody was cute XD

luffy's attack was awesome! i think that the fire came from the friction with the air in the bubble, which should be understandable, his hand is now faster then it used to be, it should be able to catch on fire from the friction alone

i also like how fishman begin to understand that not all humans are bad, they needed to see it 1st hand to know, not to hear preachers for and against humans

i think oda did a wonderful job with giving this chapter a "real world" feeling. as i said at the start, it really made me think "oh wait, that kind of shit is something i know from the real world"

i loved this chapter
    Last edited by Akainu; October 30, 2011 at 11:58 AM.
    my new dragons:

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah let's stop this. But I just hate when you only know one side of the story and take it as the ultimate truth.

But anyway, I'd hate it if Hodi will eat a pill again and go berserk or whatever, this punch must knock him, I think we're finished with this arc already.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Yeah let's stop this. But I just hate when you only know one side of the story and take it as the ultimate truth.

But anyway, I'd hate it if Hodi will eat a pill again and go berserk or whatever, this punch must knock him, I think we're finished with this arc already.
    Hopefully the punch will knock him out, if not then maybe a nearly unconscious Hody will pop another pill to try and revitalize himself and finally crash from taking too many (I'm still waiting for the negative side effects to kick in).
    Last edited by Naruffy; October 29, 2011 at 07:04 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this is it for Hodi. The fight should be over now, doesn't make any sense for him to get back up considering Luffy punched him so hard he exploded. No energy-steroid is going to fix that.

I hope this is arc is wrapping up. I think we'll get to see the rest of Strawhats TKO the remaining NFP and that the SH's were just playing around the whole time.

I also want to see if Jinbe joins.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The sad thing about this arc is that the main villain, Hodi, can be so easily replaced by a strong wall or rock with some nasty graffiti on it.

His ideals are weak and nothing he has shown so far is a threat to any of the monster trio. The only good thing he is good for so far is to be a punching bag. The man can seriously tank some powerful hits, but with no way of dishing out some pain, he is extremely disappointing.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

This arc is finished? Uh-huh. No, I don't think so...

There's still the casket thing to make people instantly grow older. Vander Decken needs to come back - Caribou, too. Luffy still needs to destroy Fishman Island in the end. The other Strawhats need to overwhelm their enemies. And why wasn't Den with Camy and Hatchan anymore?

That makes up at least 10 more chapters - which is the VERY minimum to conclude this arc well-written and some questions unanswered. It's absolutely not dragged like the current Bleach stuff where Kubo "flows aimlessly with the flow after throwing in a bunch of characters" ...

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy doesn't necessarily need to destroy Fishman island in this arc. Madam Shirley said that she can't tell when the future she sees happens.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

anyway I wonder where did the fishmen pirates get that drug,has it been already said?
    Last edited by Akainu; October 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there, I deleted some political stuff out of some posts, I hope that I didn't either miss something oryou mind much about it, the thing is this however, we're a manga board and this is a manga section. while the relation is clearly there, playing a blamegame on either side goes too far. Now that that's out of the world, please have fun discussing the chapter -Akainu
    Last edited by Akainu; October 30, 2011 at 12:05 PM.

14. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

After the last chapters I think the destruction of the island premonition refers more to the reset to zero Fukaboshi was talking about. There might be still a physical destruction but for me the probability has seriously decreased.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

About the drugs, I have the feeling it's being produced in Big Mom's candy factory, meaning that she helped Hody to destroy FI so that she could come and save the day, effectively becoming the new Queen of FI. Unfortunately for her, she couldn't foresee the arrival of the Strawhats, so there's gonna be a battle between the SH and Big Mom's crew. Am I crazy? Maybe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member monkey D luffy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    About the drugs, I have the feeling it's being produced in Big Mom's candy factory, meaning that she helped Hody to destroy FI so that she could come and save the day, effectively becoming the new Queen of FI. Unfortunately for her, she couldn't foresee the arrival of the Strawhats, so there's gonna be a battle between the SH and Big Mom's crew. Am I crazy? Maybe.
    one thing to wonder with this theory though, did zeo pop up that bag 2 years ago? or did he get it sooner (pre time skip), if he got it 3 years ago, big mom couldnt have made them in the candy factory because WB was still in control of the island
    my new dragons:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if FI can be overthrown by the likes of Hodi, then why would a Yonko such as Big Mum go through all that trouble? I mean going by the Yonko hype all alone, she could most likely beat everyone single-handedly and force herself onto the throne, if she rly wanted to. So I don't think thats her goal. But I also believe she is related to the drugs.

In this arc the only mysteries of importance for me are the Ponoglyph (Joy Boy), Noha (great man) and the drug pills (Big Mom?). The mysterious box which Dekken mentioned, honestly I believe this will just end up as a comedy thing. I don't rly expect a word of truth behind it. But wouldn't mind if it turned to existing.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

it might be,but it wouldn't be much possible,since hody said that power was given them by heaven,and if a human gave them it,it would mean a contradiction.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bekromancer's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 644 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by zozo96 View Post
    I second that, Oda wanted to make it clear that Luffy and the SH won the FI people's heart gradually. Their doubt slowly disappeared. Minister of the right made a pretty nice comment to sum it up here. At the end FI will be another ally for SH pirates, an ally that share the same drink and food. I'm looking forward to seeing the delayed banquet from chapter 612, though Luffy already had shared food with Shirahoshi, lol.

I like this chapter. I rated it 'epic' for the revealing of the main theme of this arc and of OP in general: friendship. No matter where the SH goes, there will be friendship... and chaos, nonetheless.
    As Mihawk said Here Luffy's ability to become friends with those around him, is his most dangerous power...the straw hats are becoming allies with entire islands they visit and that's the thing that is going to help him with his war with the government and accomplishing his dream to become pirate king...so i want to conclude saying that it totally has to be shown that the fishmen in entire FI accepted Luffy and see him as an ally now...you can doubt me but you can't doubt Mihawk...he is the man

I quoted ur post because I aggry with you btw
    Last edited by bekromancer; October 30, 2011 at 04:37 PM.

New Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast