Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

5 4.20%
  • 2 (Boring)

10 8.40%
  • 3 (Regular)

14 11.76%
  • 4 (Good)

55 46.22%
  • 5 (Epic!)

35 29.41%
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: One Piece 644 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 644 Discussion / 645 Prediction

Well, after reading through a lot of the recent posts I can imagine one scenario where Hody & co would be able to obtain the pills, conneciton Big Mom and quite possibly the "box".

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    no zeo received the drug from hody,he had just to multiplied it,I wonder how and why it was just him the one who multiplied.
    That doesn't mean Hody obtained them all by himself. I personally think it's quite odd that there's a candy factory in FI. If it was truly just candy than as a Yonkou you could have several different more easier located regions to set one up. I think that the candy factory is in part a "cover up" of some sort. Maybe, it's not just pills but other "goods" as well. I wouldn't be surpsied as this is piracy and it's about time Oda goes into greater depth with it tbh. If it is the case then it makes perfect sense to set one up in FI where it'll be extremely difficult for the WG to infiltrate without a strong resistance. I.e. Hody & co and many others...it may not personally be Big Mom ordering Hody like this unexpectedly but maybe one of her close allies/members. Just a thought, my imo I don't think there's a direct, concrete connection with Hody and Big Mom at this point in time.

Hody & co must've found out about the pills one way or another. Yes, it's possible that one of them could've worked in the factory previously. Hody was serving as a soldier, some of the others could've had similar roles around FI including working in the factory. I have this feeling that Daruma & Zeo played a key role in obtaining them from the factory. Daruma is very efficient at digging holes, etc and Zeo can turn "invisible" and camauflage himself very well. If the latter member did work in the factory before then it would've made it easier for him to locate the "original" pills. Thus, both of these New Fishmen Pirates could've worked together very well in order to execute the plan to obtain these pills.

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Zeo didn't pop up that bag, Hody gave it to him. Where Hody found it is the problem. Did Big Mom gave it to him? Or did he search for it in the palace, inside the treasure thing?
    True but that was just a flashback and for all we know Hody could've tested them out after Zeo originally gave him the bag. The original treasure box might've contained those same pills but there are several possiblities that someone else may have found out about those pills prior to Hody. It's kinda obvious imo anyway. So thus, someone else may have taken it from the box and secretly mass produced them in the "candy factory". Just speculation and a possiblity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    I am thinking that Zeo worked at the candy factory and used it produce the drug, why not use the things at your disposal. It the factory can make candy than why not drugs.
    Exactly and considering we've seen now some special powers/capabilites of Fishmen and Mermen as a whole. I wouldn't be suprised if they have the means and powers to "mass produce" certain things at a shocking work rate. It wouldn't be a suprise now to every reader if it were true.

But yeah, the candy factory has some connection to the pills imo. Maybe, I'm completely wrong but I can't accept this stupid idea that the candy factory is just a candy factory. xDD!

Quote Originally Posted by Numa View Post
    I think the drug was in the mystery box mentioned by VDD. Although the box was supposed to make a person younger and, actually, the drug makes fishmen -apparently- older.
    I can imagine that the original contents of that box, if it did contain the pills, were obviously the "legitimate"/pure form of the said pills. Hody & co must've "tested" them out when they first got their hands on them and seeing that they were super powerful and effective decided to mass produce them with the help of Zeo.

Now...these mass produced version of the pills are highly likely to have created the side effect we have now witnessed over the course of this arc. Making the consumer older rather than younger or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by amizou View Post
    The box is supposed to make a person older and that what happened to Hody.
    Also i think that Big mom is the one producing this drugs and thats the way she is very strong and become a Yonku, once the strawhat will find this secret they will destroy the candy factory ans thats how Oda will introduce her to us before her fight with the Strawhats
    I honestly think it would be overkill to have the SH's involved with a Yonku straight after FI. Maybe, a slow development as a side story for now would be more likely. I would rather see this Arc developing and drawing to a close. Which would eventually inform us of the news/updates of the past two years...hopefully like Razh said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    For now, what is actually interesting to me is to hear from Robin about Phoneglyph, Joy Boy and Noah. She knows something and she will explain it later. Maybe we'll also hear not only her explanation, but also Neptune's speech about those things I mentioned above. I hope it will benefit the story and develop the plot. Maybe it will change some opinions about the Arc.
    You know that got me thinking...wouldn't it be great if Robin linked the main points of the FI issues similarly in the way she did on Skypiea!? I think it would be a great way to let the rest of the Island realise the final truth (xD) and the mistakes that ocurred over the years.
    Last edited by Bugzee; October 31, 2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typos ><

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mische's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn long post

I really was a supporter of the candy factory=pill produce machinery until some chapters ago but at the moment i really belive that everyone still thinkin like that walks the wrong path!

The Pills that Hodi obtained definately have a connection to the box VDD mentioned. Hodi was a soldier in Neptunes army and it seems most logical to me that he obtained those pills during his work in the castle!
    I think those pills are a relict from the ancient times! A technology used by fishmen in order to obtain superiority and a reason for the War between Humans and Fishman.

I truly belive (although i have nothing in my hand to back it up) that those pills will work for Fishman only. I sure hope its like that as we might see those pills again in the NW otherwise which would really suck!

The candy factory will play a role when it gets known to the world that Luffy destroyed FI! Big Mom won´t appear on FI but she (or at least some of her underlinings) will not tolerate Luffys behaviour. After all she put her flag on that island making it her territory...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mische View Post
    The candy factory will play a role when it gets known to the world that Luffy destroyed FI! Big Mom won´t appear on FI but she (or at least some of her underlinings) will not tolerate Luffys behaviour. After all she put her flag on that island making it her territory...
    Indeed. Similar to X Drake attacking the favorite Island of Kaidou.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I somehow dont buy Linln being behind the drugs for Hody theory. She is one of the Yonkou, I dont think she would need to settle for such plot and antics to achieve something.... If anyone, it could be the world government. Afterall, they would benefit the most from fishmen island being isolated or destroyed, since it is the only path for pirates into the new world.

Besides that, I think Linlin's appearance would be related to hte impact of Luffy on her turf. It is more like a statement of alert for a pirate at her level.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mische View Post
    Damn long post

The Pills that Hodi obtained definately have a connection to the box VDD mentioned. Hodi was a soldier in Neptunes army and it seems most logical to me that he obtained those pills during his work in the castle!
    I think those pills are a relict from the ancient times! A technology used by fishmen in order to obtain superiority and a reason for the War between Humans and Fishman.

I truly belive (although i have nothing in my hand to back it up) that those pills will work for Fishman only. I sure hope its like that as we might see those pills again in the NW otherwise which would really suck!
    1. It could be the government(some CP9-ish?) who actually started the Human hate to fishmen, simply because they wanted the pills for themselves. This could easily be connected to The Lost Century, maybe because they were the source (or users) of the pills.

2. Also, maybe the reason Wata-something has all the air inside of him, is so he can blow air into bubbles, so that the Straw Hats and the other human pirates can eacape in case Noah destroys the bubble before Luffy can stop it?

3. Page 12

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner garcon's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    After the last chapters I think the destruction of the island premonition refers more to the reset to zero Fukaboshi was talking about. There might be still a physical destruction but for me the probability has seriously decreased.
    I have the same theory (sadly, no one seems to give a shit), plus that could be a good "twist"

fact that fits the theory: the only thing that could destroy the island is Noah, but the boat would be destroyed too and it seems important for fishmen so someone will manage to save it (that's happy ending for you)
    I don't see Luffy destroying an island barehanded but maybe I'm wrong...

the thing is, to reset fishmen island (erase their hatred (?)) maybe luffy will destroy it to force them to go on the surface, like "You want your new way of life, there it is, become happy homeless fishmen" (kind of like when he destroys Nami's office in Arlong Park, destroy the place that became a burden)

but that's maybe overanalysing the thing
    because a little ad doesn't hurt, if you like comics, I am participating in a project of web comics :

website and facebook

and if you like video games, introduce yourself to CIBO

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garcon View Post
    I have the same theory (sadly, no one seems to give a shit), plus that could be a good "twist"
    It was actually mention many times in the first pages, I think that was the reason of no one answering that :P

And my only doubt about it is that damn fire behind him. Although It could be very well Hodi's ass burning.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14