Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

5 4.20%
  • 2 (Boring)

10 8.40%
  • 3 (Regular)

14 11.76%
  • 4 (Good)

55 46.22%
  • 5 (Epic!)

35 29.41%
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 644 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 644 Spoiler Discussion

do you mean scanlated ? Cause we already have the translation.
    Not until tomorrow according to mangastream twitter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    do you mean scanlated ? Cause we already have the translation.
    Not until tomorrow according to mangastream twitter
    You mean we have a wait a whole other day to read it? Crud.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

damn it! but at least rufy is about to show a new great technique! can't wait to see it!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OP is the only manga I like rereading parts of; why? - Bc there is a real story behind it and continuity of events.

What I'm loving about this arc, it's incorporating themes, characters, history of characters first introduced 550+ chapters ago (Arlong, hacchi, etc.)

Everything seems to be intertwined and comes together in OP, and I think that's what makes it great - head and shoulders above any other manga I've read.

To me, this fishmen arc is no slower or quicker than any other arc - It's just how Oda has always been; limited to releasing one chapter a week.

I would like as much as anyone, to have the full picture of the current Fishmen Arc (maybe he can e-mail me his manuscript); but, I wouldn't want Oda to change anything about how he is pacing his manga.

If I had more self control, I would read OP maybe once a year, so I could read ~50 chapters at a time. But, just like I'm guessing a lot of people on this forum, I torture myself by waiting for that spoiler every tues/wed to see what small part of the picture Oda is gonna reveal.

I hope there are some people out there who agree with me and are tired of hearing people complain about the story/backstory's! Bc I love them!

p.s. - I predict this arc is going to be awesome

5. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 20 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epikhigh View Post
    OP is the only manga I like rereading parts of; why? - Bc there is a real story behind it and continuity of events.

What I'm loving about this arc, it's incorporating themes, characters, history of characters first introduced 550+ chapters ago (Arlong, hacchi, etc.)

Everything seems to be intertwined and comes together in OP, and I think that's what makes it great - head and shoulders above any other manga I've read.

To me, this fishmen arc is no slower or quicker than any other arc - It's just how Oda has always been; limited to releasing one chapter a week.

I would like as much as anyone, to have the full picture of the current Fishmen Arc (maybe he can e-mail me his manuscript); but, I wouldn't want Oda to change anything about how he is pacing his manga.

If I had more self control, I would read OP maybe once a year, so I could read ~50 chapters at a time. But, just like I'm guessing a lot of people on this forum, I torture myself by waiting for that spoiler every tues/wed to see what small part of the picture Oda is gonna reveal.

I hope there are some people out there who agree with me and are tired of hearing people complain about the story/backstory's! Bc I love them!

p.s. - I predict this arc is going to be awesome
    Oh you should know by now, optimism and positivity are not allowed on the internet! Silly poster

Spoilers seemed mildly interesting. I'd be more interested in Hody's childhood if this was done earlier, before the fight started how many chapters ago? I agree with Epikhigh in that arcs always seem slow when released once per week, but I still stand by my opinion that this doesn't just seem slow, it seems almost intentionally delayed compared to how I've felt about every other arc.

I'll wait for my final opinion when I re-read the arc once it's finished in one go. Anyway, delayed chapter release...sigh. What am I going to do on my Thursday morning at work now!!?!?!?!

Oh and 200 posts since 2009, yay for slow post rates

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    bah! didnt like this chapter. hody's reason for hatred is so ordinary. Then oda just squeezed in a few frames showing luffy's new move to give us another nailbiter ...
    Yep its ordinary but usually ignored throughout the world, anyways I think this gives us a thought or two on values education

I guess a good lesson for kids which this manga is suppose to be read
    CLEANED

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Xenos3421's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Long-time-no poster Xenos!!

I dunno why anybody thinks the pacing is slow or all the flashbacks take away from the action - was ANYBODY here reading back in the 280's week to week??
    Cuz ima swear to Oda that was the longest 4 months of my life. At least this time he got the 8 chapter flashback done BEFORE shit even started going down.
    With the exception of 641 i think i've gushed on every chapter since the flashback ended- if anything- Oda's gotta pad this arc out longer if it's gonna be the next "skypiea"!!
    Last edited by Xenos3421; October 26, 2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: i missed one thing...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be interesting to see when luffy gets the chance to fight akainu and uses that same fire fist red hawk move on him with color of armament, if he can sustain the heat of lava and overcome him

@Xenos3421 : i dont know. i didnt like this chapter very much. felt like filler haha

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tyrant4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope that Luffy doesn't take Fukuboshi's words to heart, about forgiving and not holding a grudge against those who killed someone they love. Its all well and good for a prince but not a pirate. If Luffy tried to forgive Akainu after killing Ace, then me and every other reader would probably jump off a cliff.
    Can't Touch This!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant4U View Post
    I just hope that Luffy doesn't take Fukuboshi's words to heart, about forgiving and not holding a grudge against those who killed someone they love. Its all well and good for a prince but not a pirate. If Luffy tried to forgive Akainu after killing Ace, then me and every other reader would probably jump off a cliff.
    Errr...Even if I don't mind killings villain here I don't think it would make any help for Luffy mind state to do it. And forgiveness is always a way to overcome the issue. I don't want Luffy dragged all his life about death since all the D. have resolved it with a smile.
    This is not Naruto to be emo about a death.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant4U View Post

Getting revenge and justice for killing his brother is not the same

maybe making akainu bow down his knees would make my day haha
    CLEANED

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. I'm glad that Oda is fully illustrating the emptiness of Hodi's hatred and prejudice, just didn't think it would seemingly need to occupy much of this weeks chapter.. I'm really hoping that Luffy and the "fire fist" settle things very very quickly. I'm enjoying the tension of the impending crash of Noah in to FI, and how their is still some suspense on how Luffy will be able to resolve things. But it's IMO becoming vividly clear Hodi is a shallow bigoted punk. He still serves as a good marking post as 2 years ago he'd of eaten Luffy by now.. But I can't help but want for him to just go away and let the real action on the island and in the crash take the spotlight. I'm really hoping Oda didn't waste too much good ink on a character who will soon enough be an after thought, Like Don Krieg or something...

Anywho.. excrement will hit the fan soon enough, That I'm sure of.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

hody seems to be still confident with the pills even though he hasnt made a dent on luffy even once while i saw him white-eyed more than twice already

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Errr...Even if I don't mind killings villain here I don't think it would make any help for Luffy mind state to do it. And forgiveness is always a way to overcome the issue. I don't want Luffy dragged all his life about death since all the D. have resolved it with a smile.
    This is not Naruto to be emo about a death.
    Yeah!! but there is no crap emo thing in OP and still there are scenes which makes us cry... Also the villain quality has always been like this.. insane ....

I know there are very few people who see whats coming for hody... the emptiness and the material to his hate ,,, fukaboshi said his hate lacks experience... but again , we have seen much worse than that ,,, We all do remember don krieg... don't we .. he was openly challenging hawk eye .. we do see the emptiness.. and to make it worse.. he was "experienced"

"Enel" while fighting him .,.. luffy told him .. (oda's words) .. there are lot powerful people down there at the blue sea... who are insanely strong... {but ya.. atleast enel has a deadly fruit and haki}....

I love it when this empty villains (who doesn't have a redemption ... atleast at that vary moment).. get their ass kicked by luffy .. who does'nt even wait to see what they feel after getting defeated.. just the knocked out pic of them... and luffy walks out

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

We know that Luffy isn't the guy who would kill even if they are the worst villains but........ i think he shouldn't forgive such low lifes like Akainu or BB who don't give a damn about human life as we saw in the war in Akainu's case when he didn't care about his own allies ...
    I think the only people Luffy should kill are those 2 .....after all he would make a favor to the world cleansing such trash .....this is not a sin this is justice ...yeahhhh

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast