Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

5 4.20%
  • 2 (Boring)

10 8.40%
  • 3 (Regular)

14 11.76%
  • 4 (Good)

55 46.22%
  • 5 (Epic!)

35 29.41%
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 644 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 644 Discussion / 645 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Well, if FI can be overthrown by the likes of Hodi, then why would a Yonko such as Big Mum go through all that trouble? I mean going by the Yonko hype all alone, she could most likely beat everyone single-handedly and force herself onto the throne, if she rly wanted to. So I don't think thats her goal. But I also believe she is related to the drugs.

In this arc the only mysteries of importance for me are the Ponoglyph (Joy Boy), Noha (great man) and the drug pills (Big Mom?). The mysterious box which Dekken mentioned, honestly I believe this will just end up as a comedy thing. I don't rly expect a word of truth behind it. But wouldn't mind if it turned to existing.
    BECAUSE SHE HAS TO BE THE HERO! According to my theory, she doesn't want to overthrone the beloved royal family. Hodi is needed so that he can kill the royal family, then Big Mom comes and "saves the day" by killing hody and becoming Queen, a queen the people would recognize as the saviour of Fishman Island. Hope I made myself clear this time.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by monkey D luffy View Post
    one thing to wonder with this theory though, did zeo pop up that bag 2 years ago? or did he get it sooner (pre time skip), if he got it 3 years ago, big mom couldnt have made them in the candy factory because WB was still in control of the island
    No idea on that, but Zeo is the "sneaky guy" of the gang. He could have acquired it one way or another.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

no zeo received the drug from hody,he had just to multiplied it,I wonder how and why it was just him the one who multiplied.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkey D luffy View Post
    one thing to wonder with this theory though, did zeo pop up that bag 2 years ago? or did he get it sooner (pre time skip), if he got it 3 years ago, big mom couldnt have made them in the candy factory because WB was still in control of the island
    Zeo didn't pop up that bag, Hody gave it to him. Where Hody found it is the problem. Did Big Mom gave it to him? Or did he search for it in the palace, inside the treasure thing?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    no zeo received the drug from hody,he had just to multiplied it,I wonder how and why it was just him the one who multiplied.
    I am thinking that Zeo worked at the candy factory and used it produce the drug, why not use the things at your disposal. It the factory can make candy than why not drugs.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    The sad thing about this arc is that the main villain, Hodi, can be so easily replaced by a strong wall or rock with some nasty graffiti on it.

His ideals are weak and nothing he has shown so far is a threat to any of the monster trio.
    Could a rock personalize the blind hate and ignorance, that has build up in some part of the society and is/was one of the biggest real life threats too? He's the worst evil the Strawhats have encountered yet, Oda uses the medium available to him and by being popular he even spreads the clarification of problematic facts to a wide range of audience.

edit: I okay with every kind of critic, as long as the same people would stop to repost the same critic every single week. It's not like people haven't understood that you and some others wish for a fast end to the battles, some good explanation of the pills, Joy Boy etc.[that's what everybody wants anyway?] and jump into the next arc.
    real life threat to society != danger to the Strawhats wellbeing
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 30, 2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    The sad thing about this arc is that the main villain, Hodi, can be so easily replaced by a strong wall or rock with some nasty graffiti on it.
    I lol'd xD

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    BECAUSE SHE HAS TO BE THE HERO! According to my theory, she doesn't want to overthrone the beloved royal family. Hodi is needed so that he can kill the royal family, then Big Mom comes and "saves the day" by killing hody and becoming Queen, a queen the people would recognize as the saviour of Fishman Island. Hope I made myself clear this time.
    My mistake. I do get ur point now.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Could a rock personalize the blind hate and ignorance, that has build up in some part of the society and is/was one of the biggest real life threats too?
    I think his point was that Hodi and his gang are no threat for the SHs. I also assume his metaphor "wall/rock" was meant to describe Hodis tank ability in taking damage, but not able to fight back, just like a punching bag and the part with "nasty graffiti" was probably referred to his evil character.

If I got that right then I have to simply agree with him. OP is shounen manga, in which fighting is next to the main plot a crucial part. Considering that we have Hodi as the main arc villain is quite disappointing. He can't compete with the SHs in any way. If Hodi was some kind of fodder build up villain, like Hammond, things would have been completely different. But even if Oda changes his character to a build-up villain, it would not redeem the 40 chapters we have until now. Much to my regret Dekken also failed miserably, while I assumed he might throw around the arc. It is simply too late for everything.

Lets hope those mighty villains are finished within 2 chapters, so that we can move on to the actual interesting parts of this arc, which are Noha, the origin of the pills and the Phonoglyph.

I understand that I have just negative critics to contribute into the weekly discussion threads and that it may be annoying to read for those, who are enjoying the arc. But I just can't help myself .
    Last edited by BlackHair; October 31, 2011 at 07:06 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EliteBeatAgents View Post
    Am I the only one who found this chapter terrible? The whole terrorist thing really ruined this chapter for me. It really did.
    you make no sense hodi and other FMP have basically look like terrorist for over half the arc now, this chapter just hammered home all the things that happen and what was down to make them how they are now.

@tengou
    I will agree too this so far was my favorite chapter of this arc

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Numa's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I think the drug was in the mystery box mentioned by VDD. Although the box was supposed to make a person younger and, actually, the drug makes fishmen -apparently- older.
    Last edited by Numa; October 31, 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Numa View Post
    I think the drug was in the mystery box mentioned by VDD. Although the box was supposed to make a person younger and, actually, the drug makes fishmen -apparently- older.
    The box is supposed to make a person older and that what happened to Hody.
    Also i think that Big mom is the one producing this drugs and thats the way she is very strong and become a Yonku, once the strawhat will find this secret they will destroy the candy factory ans thats how Oda will introduce her to us before her fight with the Strawhats

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but big mom is a good person,she is Laura/Lola's mother,the one who became friends with the SH in thriller bark.also,she is currently helping fishmen island in place of WB. Big Mom is in "indebted" with the strawhats because they helped lola,she stated it. and since hody said heaven gave them it,it can't be a gift by humans

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Lola being her daughter is just a popular fan theory. Or at least as far as I know. Not into OP as much as I used to be, so I might have skipped that part in the manga and I don't know how long it has been since I read the SBS.

Anyway, I also believe the pills are from Big Mom, but that doesn't have to mean they are directly hand giving to Hody by herself.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by BlackHair; October 31, 2011 at 03:12 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, sometimes I start writing a post, then just give up, because I didn't really want to write something of substance. By the quality of discussion, it's a slow arc, no doubt about it. That's why theories get repeated all the time, and then we see a bit about Hitler here, KKK there, Israel here, Palestine there... There isn't much to talk about chapters themselves. I just hope Oda recovers his plot from Time-skip Lag (TM) soon.

After all, once this arc finishes, we're bound to find out shit about the surface world, everything that happened during 2 years. Any little information about any moderately important character will spawn dozens of pages of theory rampage.

As for this arc, I'm still waiting for a hand from Government to get involved. They have people for bringing down countries from inside. All I'm saying is, maybe Hodi had help without even realizing it. That sure would make things more interesting.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@blackhair
    you are right,big mom might be not lola's mother,although i think she is. but she couldn't have given hody those pills. you'r sayin' hody got them from her but without she knows,it might be.I mean,those pills may come from big mom,and it would a reason to show her soon,although the fact fishmen island is in chaos and the candy factory has been destroyed is already a good reason

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

For now, what is actually interesting to me is to hear from Robin about Phoneglyph, Joy Boy and Noah. She knows something and she will explain it later. Maybe we'll also hear not only her explanation, but also Neptune's speech about those things I mentioned above. I hope it will benefit the story and develop the plot. Maybe it will change some opinions about the Arc.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

@Blackhair,
    please continue to post as you want to. Nobody has to force you to like this arc and from the one who don't like it, you are at least providing arguments and not just one liner baching. Reading always the same arguments is part of what a forum is, Shabrack should be use to it since the time he is in the community. And it's not as if the pro-arc arguments are doing better.

I completely agree with you when you say that the villain of this arc is its weakness (well even Oda agreed). But as I said previously Oda had to make compromise for the coherency of his story. The Fishmen are weak (they are east blue level enemies), the strawhat needs to show their post time skip progress ie they need to win easily but it should have been hard for the pre-time skip counterpart. And it seems that the millenar conflict between fishmen and humen could not be resolved in a short arc. All in all, I think it's not to badly done.
    And if you want hope, just look at what followed the previous weak arcs, generally it's One Piece at his best.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast